** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

USA F1 Grand Prix

Today, 08:43 #34
spreadman spreadwizard (?) ball.gifball.gifball.gif Join Date: 27 Feb 2005 Location: jersey, channel isles,U.K. Posts: 425 icon1.gif Re: Canadian Grand Prix
No bets being taken on usgp, any idea when, and if, tyre 'problem' might be resolved? __________________

" .......look, I made a little brown fish........"

user_offline.gifreport.gif ip.gif edit.gif quote.gif quickreply.gif
spreadman
View Public Profile
Send a private message to spreadman
Find More Posts by spreadman
Add spreadman to Your Buddy List

post_new.gif Today, 11:46 #35
ridle Newbie Punter Join Date: 30 Oct 2004 Posts: 12 thumbsup.gif Re: Canadian Grand Prix
Terrific value in the following: Karthikeyan, N Monteiro, T Albers, C Freisacher to finish in points. Despite the fact that there cars are less than competitive, the circumstances suggest taking prices higher than 30(Centrebet or Betdirect) looks great value. crossfingers.gif
user_online.gifreport.gif ip.gif edit.gif quote.gif quickreply.gif
ridle
View Public Profile
Send a private message to ridle
Visit ridle's homepage!
Find More Posts by ridle
Add ridle to Your Buddy List

post_new.gif Today, 11:52 #36
spreadman spreadwizard (?) ball.gifball.gifball.gif Join Date: 27 Feb 2005 Location: jersey, channel isles,U.K. Posts: 425 icon5.gif Re: Canadian Grand Prix
Any news on tyres, etc. Mr. R? __________________

" .......look, I made a little brown fish........"
user_offline.gifreport.gif ip.gif edit.gif quote.gif quickreply.gif
spreadman
View Public Profile
Send a private message to spreadman
Find More Posts by spreadman
Add spreadman to Your Buddy List

post_new.gif Today, 12:13 #37
ridle Newbie Punter Join Date: 30 Oct 2004 Posts: 12 icon1.gif Re: Canadian Grand Prix
Nothing new, expect if the Michelin drivers wouldn't start, the Jordan / Minardi drivers 'just would have to drive the distance to win points! __________________ http://www.ridlebets.com My betting blog. cheers.gif
ridle
View Public Profile
Send a private message to ridle
Visit ridle's homepage!
Find More Posts by ridle
Add ridle to Your Buddy List

post_new.gif Today, 12:19 #38
stereoman Shrewdie Punter ball.gifball.gifball.gifball.gifball.gifavatar226_7.gif Join Date: 26 Oct 2004 Location: Newcastle-under-Lyme Posts: 810 icon1.gif Re: Canadian Grand Prix
....even if the Minardi pair of Albers and Friesacher drove around the track really slowly, they still probably wouldn't even finish the race! laugh4.gif
Last edited by stereoman : Today at 12:20.
stereoman
View Public Profile
Send a private message to stereoman
Find More Posts by stereoman
Add stereoman to Your Buddy List

post_new.gif Today, 12:25 #39
ridle Newbie Punter Join Date: 30 Oct 2004 Posts: 12 icon1.gif Re: Canadian Grand Prix
Quote:
Originally Posted by stereoman ....even if the Minardi pair of Albers and Friesacher drove around the track really slowly, they still probably wouldn't even finish the race! laugh4.gif
Albers finished 5/8 races, Friesacher 3/8 this year. Karthikeyan (or whatever) 5/8, Monteiro 8/8! __________________ http://www.ridlebets.com My betting blog. cheers.gif

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: USA F1 Grand Prix Just 3 bets for me for the US GP - not sure if the prices have changed somewhat as I placed them yesterday(and also on sports-punter.com). 10pts There will be NO Safety Car during race (2.00 @ Betfair)

2.00 for there to be no Safety Car is just too big, considering more than half the races on the F1 calendar do not see the presence of the Safety Car. Think this is an overreaction from the fact the safety car was called upon at last week's Canadian GP.
10pts Winning Car - McLaren (2.00 @ Betfair) McLaren have got the fastest car amongst the 10 teams in F1 now and so long as reliability doesn't plague them, I just can't see other teams living with their pace. 10pts F Alonso to finish on podium (2.00 @ Betfair) This is massive - Alonso has secured a place on the podium in virtually every race he has finished so far and going by the law of averages, it certainly doesn't make much sense for a car as reliable as the Renaults to register 2 DNF in 2 consecutive races. Alonso has certainly got to be value to bag a podium position at 2.00. Cheers & Good Luck! :ok

Re: USA F1 Grand Prix I'm going for just the one bet here, but what a price! 10pts Nick Heidfeld to finish in the points @ 2.67 >Paddy Power 2.25 @ Skybet Heidfeld lies 15th on the grid, but grid positions are always blown out of proportion. In the last 5 years in this grand prix, Heidfeld has had 1 retirement, and 5th, 9th, 6th and 9th places, in inferior cars to what he has now, being the Prost and the Sauber. Clearly he likes the track based on past performances, and I expect him to be slicing through the pack in his Williams, and finish comfortably in the points. There are usually quite a few retirements here, so this just adds to the value. :) I thought 2.25 was a good price, but 2.67 is asking to get kicked right where it hurts from Paddys. :ok

Re: USA F1 Grand Prix Edtkh, the safety car is a bit more likely to come out in this race, due to the walls and that it is hard to clear the track if someone does go out. Also with the high chances of tyre failure, I would advice that there is potenetially no value in this bet. The other two bets seem far. I like your Heidfeld bet Paul, but sometimes the problem with Heidfeld is that he does not turn up to race and just goes round the track. The to 9th places are a bit worrying and being near the back of the grid he might not be battling like he did for the podiums. But I reckon there is definetely a bit of value in it. I will be back later with a few tips.

Re: USA F1 Grand Prix

Edtkh, the safety car is a bit more likely to come out in this race, due to the walls and that it is hard to clear the track if someone does go out. Also with the high chances of tyre failure, I would advice that there is potenetially no value in this bet.
I was just going to reply along the same kind of lines. Hard to clear the track in certain areas and with all the queries hanging over the reliability of the tyres this isnt a bet Id like to take.

Edtkh, the safety car is a bit more likely to come out in this race, due to the walls and that it is hard to clear the track if someone does go out. Also with the high chances of tyre failure, I would advice that there is potenetially no value in this bet. The other two bets seem far. I like your Heidfeld bet Paul, but sometimes the problem with Heidfeld is that he does not turn up to race and just goes round the track. The to 9th places are a bit worrying and being near the back of the grid he might not be battling like he did for the podiums. But I reckon there is definetely a bit of value in it. I will be back later with a few tips.
I can't find stats to back me up, but if my memory serves me well, I'd go so far as to say I don't recall seeing the SC out in more than 1 in 2 races at Indianapolis since the race was brought back to the US in the late 90's... Any stats to back that up, F1man or WorkingForTheEnemy?

Re: USA F1 Grand Prix Hi Edtkh, I dont know where you would find that information out. I have never really considered it a serious market for myself to invest my money into. But generally the safety car does not come out and in that aspect evens is a good price, I would just have been a bit concerned about current situations, because if there is a big blow out, then the sasfety car will come out.

Hi Edtkh, I dont know where you would find that information out. I have never really considered it a serious market for myself to invest my money into. But generally the safety car does not come out and in that aspect evens is a good price, I would just have been a bit concerned about current situations, because if there is a big blow out, then the sasfety car will come out.
LOL! :lol That's the reasoning I went along. Of course, anything could happen in any given race, but I'm going along with the fact that less than 50% of the races in any given season would involve the SC(and if my memory serves me well, the same could be said for the Indianapolis race over the last few years)... Having said that, this is not normally a market I dabble in, but I do recall the 'NO' SC option is often trading closer to the 1.30-1.50 mark in other races - perhaps, a case of over-reaction after the Canadian GP.

Re: USA F1 Grand Prix "Michelin will not allow its seven Formula One teams race in the US Grand Prix today." Just released, this could really fcuk my early bets up. The only value I had seen was Zonta at 3.25 at Coral. It should be about 2.5 in my opinion. He is a quick driver and if he does compete could get a few points for the team. He will also try and drive well to advertise himself to all the other teams.

Re: USA F1 Grand Prix There's been a lot of movement with the odds at the moment. Raikonen's price has gone up to 2.37 at some bookies while Schumacher's price has gone down. Does anyone know what is happening, and is this related to problems with the Michelin tyres?

Re: USA F1 Grand Prix The movement is definately related to the tyres. The points finish of the Minardis and Jordans have gone doown to under 10. Those fastest lap times could be good, just depends what is going to happen. Coverage on ITV starts soon, might clear a lot of this up.

Blue Square go 12/1 for Barichello fastest lap time. Surely worth a touch. If the Michelin teams dont start, will bookies treat them as NR's same as a horse race, as long as they dont take to the grid?
That's something I was about to broach - if only 3 teams start this race, how will the books treat this race? Realistically, I can't see 7 teams not starting as I'm pretty certain they will reach a consensus somehow - those mercenaries headed by the cnut Ecclestone simply won't subject this to a farce of having just 6 cars out on track.

Most cars on the grid, but it sounds like all but 4 cars will go back to the pits after the formation lap, leaving just the Jordan's and Ferrari's to race. And it looks like it will go ahead
Surely they cant count this as a championship race if this is the case? This could lead to further problems as if its not official the FIA will withdraw their staff including starters and medical staff.