** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Saturday Racing 23rd July ( Inc. King George, Gigaset International, Ascot)

Golden steps 99.36

Felix leiter 99.31

These are the preliminary top 2 rated and they are a bit clear of the rest .....it's an early stage and I'm disappointed really as there is 25/1 available on golden steps and he looks the perfect horse for this but the trainer has stated he may well be kept fresh for next weeks stewards cup .....I'm hoping he will change his mind but Felix leiter is also available at 25/1 currently so I'll take that for now and hope he runs ....he's entered and is currently 20 so good chance he will run ....and ill keep an eye on golden steps 

Felix leiter 5 pts ew 25/1 corals 

• BillyHills changed the title to Saturday Racing 23rd July ( Inc. Gigaset International, Ascot)

4.30 Ascot: King George & Queen Elizabeth Stakes

Verdict:

This looks a four horse race on paper after the defection of Postponed. I’m not a fan of Erupt and think Dartmouth will struggle to confirm the form from the Hardwicke Stakes with Highland Reel. The O’Brien horse looks to have found a good opportunity to get his head back in front but would probably prefer slightly easier going to show his best. I’m plumping for Wings Of Desire as John Gosden’s record with 3yo’s in this race is hard to ignore. This horse has done little wrong and is still improving and the 12lb age allowance might just swing it in his favour.

Selection:  Wings Of Desire @ 4/1 Skybet

Full Preview

Time for a good old fashioned gamble .....ante post bets gone down the pan ...always the risk ....55 pts returned today so il keep my stake money and try a double up with the profits for a big payout 

Gigaset international  

Mutawathea    99.28

Withersea  99,21

Suzie conniseur  99.19

At this stage it looks an easy choice to double up .....I was looking for a horse that got good form at the distance ..,speed ....and is nicely weighted ....muthawathea ticks all three .....I'm going to have to take a chance on the draw ....ideally I'd want a rail draw either side but at 14/1 bet365 are being very very generous so I'll risk 20 pts ew and go for a jackpot payout ....c'mon me beauty ..boooom

Muthawathea 20 pts ew 14/1 bet365

16 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

Time for a good old fashioned gamble .....ante post bets gone down the pan ...always the risk ....55 pts returned today so il keep my stake money and try a double up with the profits for a big payout 

Gigaset international  

Mutawathea    99.28

Withersea  99,21

Suzie conniseur  99.19

At this stage it looks an easy choice to double up .....I was looking for a horse that got good form at the distance ..,speed ....and is nicely weighted ....muthawathea ticks all three .....I'm going to have to take a chance on the draw ....ideally I'd want a rail draw either side but at 14/1 bet365 are being very very generous so I'll risk 20 pts ew and go for a jackpot payout ....c'mon me beauty ..boooom

Muthawathea 20 pts ew 14/1 bet365

Wanted a saver on this too just in case and Suzie conniseur looks a perfect saver ....hasn't quite the class of the top rated but the hcapper has given him a definate chance hence the bookies taking no chances ...I'll take the 10/1 before its gone 

Suzie conniseur  10 Pts saver 10/1 corals 

4.10 York: Sky Bet Dash

Verdict:

Very open contest as you would expect and last year’s winner Tanzeel will be popular once again. I would have liked to see a bit more from him recently so will bypass him this time. The one I like is Tatlisu, one of three Richard Fahey runners. He was disappointing last time at Hamilton but had excuses and now comes here a well-handicapped horse on a track where he has been placed a three times. He’s drawn in stall 8 near some pacey sorts so should get a good tow and hopefully will be able to finish the job close home.

Selection: Click Here To bet Tatlisu EW @ 16/1 Skybet

Full Preview

Sky bet dash 

Kimbrella   99.23

Ninjago   99.20

Lexington Abby  99.17

Classy little race and hard to work out what will happen ...Lexington Abby Is probably better at 5f and is looking exposed so I'll oppose happily ,,,,,kimbrella is a classy sprinter ...wasn't beaten far last time and looking a touch exposed but a return to better ground could eeek the couple of pounds needed and bookies are taking no chances at best priced 6/1 which I take as positive ....,ninjago could be a danger ....is a bit hit and miss and not one to trust but on a good day is fully capable if takingvthis so silly to ignore ...two against the field

Kimbrella 6 pts win 6/1 888s

Ninjago 4 pts win 10/1 pp

Scoop6 

Tote Scoop6 – Saturday 23rd July

We had a whopping 21 winning tickets in the Tote Scoop6 last Saturday and each punter received £13,140 each. The Bonus fund stands at £97,473 so will the winners get together in attempt to win the big pot, if all of them picked a different horse in the 26-runner Bonus Race they could win an extra £4,600 and just hope one of the five unselected horses doesn’t win

The action comes three courses this week, the big race is at Ascot and we also have flat racing from Newmarket and York. The Bonus race is the fourth leg, the Gigaset International Handicap at 3.55 which is over the straight 7f.

Full Preview

Ascot 4.30 Dartmouth 

I prefer Dartmouth with having winning consistency two course and distance wins and two wins with Peslier on board although with a career high rating there has to be a shadow of doubt. Tough race to decipher.  

Off to Ascot today so a quick preview:

2.00 1 PT WIN MONTICELLO

Teofilo has an excellent record with his offspring over 7f and Monticello has already registered two good wins over this trip. Hasn't beaten much, but did it convincingly and the times were good. With stamina doubts over a few of the others, my money is with Monticello at around 9/2 early doors.

2.35 1 PT EW MARIE OF LYON

The favourite will take some beating here, but I'm siding with Richard Fahey's runner. By Fahey's own admission, she didn't like the ground at Newmarket last time out and still ran an excellent race to finish 3rd. Her debut race is working out well, and I think she's a valid bet to oppose the short priced favourite. 

3.20 1 PT WIN TAUREAN STAR

Found the ground too soft in the Brittania, but still ran a good race. Didn't handle the sharp turns over 7f at Lingfield last time and will appreciate the return to this mile trip on GF ground on which he won 3 starts back. Elnadim as a sire seems to have a good record here at Ascot, and at around 8/1 I think Taurean Star represents a bit of value. 

3.55 1 PT WIN BOSSY GUEST/SCOTTISH GLEN

Whitman will likely give a good account of himself from a prominent position, but I think this race is much more likely to fall from a horse coming from off the pace. I've taken two on my side here. Bossy Guest at around 20/1 has an excellent record when encountering firmer ground and has run well here before. Will get an ideal tow in to the race being drawn right next to the pacey Don't Bother Me and Whitman. Silvestre de Sousa rode him at Ascot when 6th on softer ground and I expect an improvement on this better going. 

Scottish Glen is a big price here (around 40/1), but is also well drawn to capitalise from the strong pace. Has a good record on firmer ground, and looks overpriced to me today.

5.00 2 PTS WIN HARWOODS VOLANTE

The best bet of the day for me at odds of around 20/1. I've been waiting for this fella to encounter firmer ground again (has an excellent record on it but has been running only on ground with cut recently). David O Meara is a master at these Saturday handicaps, and though I don't like betting in lady riders races, I feel Harwoods Volante is too good of an opportunity to turn up. 

On 21 July 2016 at 14:43:15, richard-westwood said:

Sky bet dash 

Kimbrella   99.23

Ninjago   99.20

Lexington Abby  99.17

Classy little race and hard to work out what will happen ...Lexington Abby Is probably better at 5f and is looking exposed so I'll oppose happily ,,,,,kimbrella is a classy sprinter ...wasn't beaten far last time and looking a touch exposed but a return to better ground could eeek the couple of pounds needed and bookies are taking no chances at best priced 6/1 which I take as positive ....,ninjago could be a danger ....is a bit hit and miss and not one to trust but on a good day is fully capable if takingvthis so silly to ignore ...two against the field

Kimbrella 6 pts win 6/1 888s

Ninjago 4 pts win 10/1 pp

Well the one i wanted couldnt win but at least clawed a decrnt bit back on kimbrella ....fight another day