** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

June 20 - June 26

Back Tara Moore to win at least one set (vs. Makarova) for a 7/10 stake at 2.25 with Ladbrokes

Back Timea Babos to win at least one set (vs. Kvitova) for a 7/10 stake at 2.00 with Ladbrokes

Makarova hasn't played since the French Open and might be carrying an injury, while Kvitova has been very average recently and is most definitely carrying an injury, so I'm happy to back both Moore and Babos to win at least a set at odds against.

Full preview here: http://punts.pl/9dqNmQ

Back Malek Jaziri to beat James Ward for a 7/10 stake at 1.83 with Paddy Power

Back Ivan Dodig to beat Julien Benneteau for a 7/10 stake at 1.57 with Paddy Power

Jaziri a class above Ward at the moment nowadays, same for Dodig and Benneteau, although the difference is even bigger there. In fact, Benneteau hasn't beaten a player as strong as Dodig all season long!

Full preview here: http://punts.pl/JUJ0UM

4pts Mirjani Lucic-Baroni -3.5 games to beat Denisa Allertova 3/4 BetVictor
Allertova only really started on the grass last year competitively and this year she so far been lucky here in the sense she got an injured Linette and despite losing to Puig, has now got a lucky loser spot too. Prior to this she got thrashed in round 1 of Herto by 235th ranked Natalia Vikhlyanstseva so her form on the grass is questionable. Lucic-Baroni has a great result being favourite Riske and then comfortably beat Savchuk in the final QF. I fancy 2-0 here but will takes the games incase it goes to three sets as Allertova tends to give sets away once she feels them lost. 

Back Gilles Muller to beat Jiri Vesely for a 7/10 stake at 1.50 with Paddy Power

A massive batch of matches is on the cards today, but this is the only bet I'm happy to back - Muller has been on fire recently and Vesely doesn't have a great record against guys with good serves, so a routine win for the man from Luxembourg looks likely.

Full preview here: http://punts.pl/vm6pDj

6pts F.Tiafoe to beat D.Guez 2-0 5/6 Boylesports
I also like the evens on "under 20.5 games" in this one. Guez only plays on the grass at Wimbledon and is now approaching 34. Ranked 237, he will be facing a very good up and coming 18yr old in Tiafoe. Ranked 166th Tiafoe prefers the clay, but he has already played a few grass games and has beaten players in good form such as J.Millman and I just don't see Guez having a chance here. 

4pts E.Bouchard to beat I.Begu 2-0 7/4 WillHill
Bouchard looked very impressive when I watched her destroy Lepchenko. Ofcourse, Bouchard has had some serious form issues since her break out year but she will always be at her best on this surface and Begu is much more suited to the clay. I think Bouchard can continue her power surge here and win in two but another option could also be -2.5 for Bouchard at around 5/6. 

6pts M.Baghdatis to beat S.Querrey 5/6 Boylesports
2pts M.Baghdatis to win the first set 7-6 4/1 Paddypower

A nice price on Baggy here. Querrey got to the final of this event last year but he didn't beat any real grass courters of quality and lost the final when he was favourite against Istomin. He serves well though, as does Baggy and I see the first set going to a tie-break. I'm greedy but if you want some more likely markets Id suggest "tie breaker in first set" or even better just betting on the overs in the games market. Baggy in two close sets for me.

5pts Over 20.5 games A.Radwanska Vs E.Bouchard 4/5 Skybet
2pts E.Bouchard to WIN the first set and LOSE the match 11/2 Bet365

Id be very surprised if Aggy beats Bouchard easily here. Yes, she will probably come out the victor but I think Bouchard can push her close. The over 20.5 line seems generous and it's probably because of the last time these met and Aggy won 6-4 6-2. Radwanskas last three completed matches have gone to three sets and Bouchard is definitely serving well again and that was her main problem with her loss of form. This should be a great match-up that I think will be won 2-1 either way.

Puig-Wozniacki 2.94

I really don't understand such odds on un-grass player as Caroline against pretty decent grass player as Monica. Monica is on the top of her career and she is still young. On the other hand Caroline doesn't have good period. Even if I think she had ankle injury during clay season.

Look at stats on grass:

Monica 8-4(last 12 months), 14-11(career)

Caroline 9-4, 41-19 But look here. There  is only a few matches with grass players of Monica level or better. Makarova and Sloane Stephens are the only worthy wins.

edit:oh, sorry I added to another thread

Edited by janekda

Back Steve Johnson (+2.5) to beat Kevin Anderson for a 7/10 stake at 1.72 with Bet365

Although Anderson is starting to play himself back to his old form, Johnson has been very good recently and he has enough weapons to trouble Anderson on the surface, so I'll back him on the plus 2.5 games handicap today. It should be a close - and I wouldn't even be that shocked to see the American winning in the end.

Full preview here: http://punts.pl/u3mG4n

5pts A.Radwanska to beat D.Cibulkova 2-0 11/10 Paddypower
Aggy loves the grass and is looking in top form ready for Wimbledon. These two have played plenty of times but never on the grass. Cibulkova beat Radwanska in there last match-up but that was on the much different clay court surface. Cibulkova prefers the clay & hardcourts really and that's where she has had the majority of her success. Losses to the likes of Hantuchova & Pironkova on the grass last year were pretty poor. Id expect Aggy to win in straight sets.

Back Pablo Cuevas to beat Gilles Muller for a 7/10 stake at 3.60 with BetVictor

While it would be a fairly big surprise to see Cuevas beat Muller, the odds are just skewed too much in my opinion. The Uruguayan is competent regardless of the surface, so I'll give it a go at 3.60 (how often do you see higher-ranked players at such a big price?).

Full preview here: http://punts.pl/2wO487

3pts G.Muller to win the first set 7-6 10/3 Skybet
I fancy Muller to win this in two close sets but I think we will see atleast one tie-breaker. Cuevas serves well and fired 11 aces in against Baggy. Muller 14 against Dolgopolov. Never played eachother before but I think Mullers grass game will see him through. My only bet though will be a small punt on Muller getting the first in means of a tie-break. 

Cibulkova - Pliskova 2.5

+ Cibulkova is in life form on the grass. she has stepped on new higher level on the surface

+ Cibulkova in final is better than Pliskova. Pliskova has to have an underdog to win. Cibulkova is able to win over favourite

+ Pliskova was a little bit tired against Konta at the end

+ H2H is 1:0 from Kuala-Lumpur where Pliskova won the tournament year before

+ Cibulkova can play dropshots it is important against slower

Yes there are minuses like worse service, play on the net, general level of game on grass. But as for me fair odd is around 2.15 for Cibulkova