** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Sunday Racing - Inc. The Curragh

• BillyHills changed the title to Sunday Racing - Inc. The Curragh

Not the best card to punt at the Curragh tomorrow but it's certainly interesting with Found returning as well as Derby mover US Army Ranger set to make his debut. Nothing stands out in the opening 2 maidens at the prices. 

In the 3rd race Master Speaker has to have a good chance with Ryan Moore booked as he got no sort of run the last day and was sure to go very very close. However he's only 2lbs better off with Bubbly Bellini and 1lb better off with Club Wexford so 4/1 is short enough for me. I preferred Mr Right at 20/1. He's progressed nicely on the all weather over the winter culminating with a 2nd in a race working out well. He has to prove himself on turf but he was tried over a variety of trips last season and probably not showing much so he just looks an improved horse this time around. Still lightly raced there's still scope for improvement off 71.

The Gladness Stakes looks full of horses who aren't going to run to form between Sruthan who doesn't run to his best twice in a row, the O'Brien trio who are going to need the run and Gordon Lord Byron who doesn't look to be the same horse and again will come on for the run. Of the outsiders I think Weld's Joailliere still has plenty of scope for improvement, will love the ground and the step back to 7f will suit so I'll take her against the field. I would have liked to have seen more from Onenightidreamed in the Irish Lincoln to consider him and Flight Risk is more exposed than Joailliere at a similar price. Unfortunately the ground has ruled out the promising Endless Drama.

As much as I wanted to take on Found she handles the ground and the only one who is anywhere near to her on form is Bocca Baciata who is short enough at 7/2. I could forgive Success Days' Derby run but he was really poor in Germany off a good break and giving weight he's also not appealing.

Cassells Rock looks well handicapped off 75 after being given what looked to be one of the softest rides of the year in a Cesarewitch Trial at Newmarket with a mark of 84. He was poor on his next two runs though so he maybe he's just not that good but it's impossible to know with the Tony Martin yard. If he was trying I think he could take some beating but who knows and I don't like anything else so I'll leave the race alone.

The concluding maiden is a cracker with the big Derby mover US Army Ranger making his debut but the Weld horse is also highly rated and has been smashed in tonight. The Coolmore second string also looks promising and there's really nothing I fancy so I'll watch with interest.

3.15 Curragh - Mr Right @ 20/1 Paddy Power

3.50 Curragh - Joailliere @ 10/1 William Hill

I like the outsider of the field Kinglami in the 6f handicap sprint at Donny. It's going to be really testing out there and this one is one of the very few who has won on heavy ground. He's 2 wins and 2 places (5th in a 27 runner at Ascot included) from 4 runs on soft or worse. He also stays 7f winning twice over that distance which is another positive in these conditions along with the booking of Joe Fanning. He should be fit and ready going very close twice and winning once first time out during the last 3 seasons and although he doesn't look immediately well handicapped 5lbs above his last winning mark he was 3rd in a Goodwood handicap off just 1lb lower and in these conditions it wouldn't surprise me if he went well.

3.30 Doncaster - Kinglami e/w @ 40/1 Betfair

20 hours ago, arsenalfh said:

Not the best card to punt at the Curragh tomorrow but it's certainly interesting with Found returning as well as Derby mover US Army Ranger set to make his debut. Nothing stands out in the opening 2 maidens at the prices. 

In the 3rd race Master Speaker has to have a good chance with Ryan Moore booked as he got no sort of run the last day and was sure to go very very close. However he's only 2lbs better off with Bubbly Bellini and 1lb better off with Club Wexford so 4/1 is short enough for me. I preferred Mr Right at 20/1. He's progressed nicely on the all weather over the winter culminating with a 2nd in a race working out well. He has to prove himself on turf but he was tried over a variety of trips last season and probably not showing much so he just looks an improved horse this time around. Still lightly raced there's still scope for improvement off 71.

The Gladness Stakes looks full of horses who aren't going to run to form between Sruthan who doesn't run to his best twice in a row, the O'Brien trio who are going to need the run and Gordon Lord Byron who doesn't look to be the same horse and again will come on for the run. Of the outsiders I think Weld's Joailliere still has plenty of scope for improvement, will love the ground and the step back to 7f will suit so I'll take her against the field. I would have liked to have seen more from Onenightidreamed in the Irish Lincoln to consider him and Flight Risk is more exposed than Joailliere at a similar price. Unfortunately the ground has ruled out the promising Endless Drama.

As much as I wanted to take on Found she handles the ground and the only one who is anywhere near to her on form is Bocca Baciata who is short enough at 7/2. I could forgive Success Days' Derby run but he was really poor in Germany off a good break and giving weight he's also not appealing.

Cassells Rock looks well handicapped off 75 after being given what looked to be one of the softest rides of the year in a Cesarewitch Trial at Newmarket with a mark of 84. He was poor on his next two runs though so he maybe he's just not that good but it's impossible to know with the Tony Martin yard. If he was trying I think he could take some beating but who knows and I don't like anything else so I'll leave the race alone.

The concluding maiden is a cracker with the big Derby mover US Army Ranger making his debut but the Weld horse is also highly rated and has been smashed in tonight. The Coolmore second string also looks promising and there's really nothing I fancy so I'll watch with interest.

3.15 Curragh - Mr Right @ 20/1 Paddy Power

3.50 Curragh - Joailliere @ 10/1 William Hill

Well done and thanks mate I was on both of these. Mr Right travelled nicely into the race on the outside didn't he and just held on. 

24 minutes ago, DanV89 said:

Well done and thanks mate I was on both of these. Mr Right travelled nicely into the race on the outside didn't he and just held on. 

Cheers Dan. Master Speaker didn't get a clear run again but Ronan Whelan was already coasting home when Ryan Moore came charging on his outside. Levins seems to rate Mr Right pretty highly and it wouldn't surprise me if this is strong form. We already knew Master Speaker was well handicapped based on his last run, the 3rd Expreso Brasileiro looks an improving type and the 4th Creggs Pipes was a horse who I really fancied here 2 weeks ago but passed over him today as I think he's going to improve for better ground. McCreery's stable tend to need the run so I'll be sticking Expreso Brasileiro in the tracker too.

The outsiders from last night's betting finish 1-2-3 in the Gladness but Joailliere was the wrong one. Ran well enough but she's starting to look a bit exposed.

US Army Ranger was a good winner of the concluding maiden and the Weld's Aasheq also looks promising. Don't think he stayed that trip at all as he travelled so well before his legs seemed to tie up in the last 1/2f. Don't think he was striding out at all.