** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Confederations Cup - June 15th - 29th

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Confederations Cup - June 15th - 29th

ARGENTINA-MEXICO P.S. if somebody still believes that Mexico will pass in final, i'd take MEXICO WINS BY PENALTIES. this will have grat value, as their goalkeeper is really on fire and i just can't imagine that they'll win in 90 or 120 minutes. GL
Well Tato it seems you don't know Mexico history in penalties, that's the ghost for Mexico, and well I love that this time just the 6th mexican fails the PK, becuase the 5th Pineda, make a great pk, an impressive one. But well one mexican side fail and Sanchez was not able to stop any PK. Really a Penalty round that make history tremble,but on the end Mexico lost in penalties again.

Well' date=' a shame Mexico didn't make it to the final. Would have been a great day if they were to actually win the Confederation Cup.[/quote'] Really it would have been even more that Mexico 1999 Confederation Cup win in Mexico City. But well it would be next time. I hope.

Well Tato it seems you don't know Mexico history in penalties, that's the ghost for Mexico, and well I love that this time just the 6th mexican fails the PK, becuase the 5th Pineda, make a great pk, an impressive one. But well one mexican side fail and Sanchez was not able to stop any PK. Really a Penalty round that make history tremble,but on the end Mexico lost in penalties again.
i didn't knew that Sanchez wouldnt be able to stop at least on shot. i knew that Lux is not good in penalty kicks as well. both of these keepers choose before kick the corners and were jumping just for luck. and most latin american keepers (Roa, Goikoechea, Taffarel, Dida, Chilavert, Abondassieri etc.) were trying to react on concrete shooter and didn't move from place till last moment. i thought that Sanches is such and i knew that Lux isn't. gl

Re: Confederations Cup - June 15th - 29th For the Finale, I think that Brazil can claim the cup, but really both teams haven't been able to display all the game, they can, if we go to the last h2h. Argetina 3-1 Brazil in Buenos Aires just before this match, but Crespo was in Argentina team. And well if Argentina is on the finale is because they beat in PK to Mexico (who really deseve to be here, Collocini should had to be expelled). We have never been through a PK series :(. So really a close game to call. In the third place game, also very tight I will go for an under scoring game basing that mexico recieve 0 goals, the only goal came in Extratime, but Germany has been in only over games. So very hard to decide. I didn't watch the PK series, heard it on the radio,and watch the replay, but yes I was expecting Sanchez to stop a pk.

Re: Confederations Cup - June 15th - 29th What are everyones opinion's about Pekerman using Tevez in place of the suspended Saviola? The Argentine coach isn't giving anything away, and I'm wondering whether he will turn to Tevez considering how few times he has appeared this tournament. I thought it very strange that of all the substitutions that Pekerman made against Mexico, he refused to go with Tevez in attack. Could it be that Tevez is carrying some sought of injury or something, because his form for Corinthians has been good of late.

Re: Confederations Cup - June 15th - 29th From that little period that I have watched Tevez played, I thought he will play better deeper in the central, behind the strikers. Saviola plays better wide, so it could be just a tactical thing. Having said that, if Tevez is going to play, he may well play up front. This is a tough game, Brazil's defence isn't the best, and leak goals, and I'm not sure if Argentina will score here. Brazil's attack is playing great at that moment, and I'm also not sure if Argentina's defence can hold out. Looking at the previous games, it does look like this will be a game which could go OVER. Any moment of brilliance from either side usually result in a goal. Unless you think the whole game is going to be played in the midfield, I think it's going to go OVER.

Re: Confederations Cup - June 15th - 29th Brazil have the advantage of the extra days break as well as their game finished in regulation. While Argentina had to play 30 extra minutes plus the penalty shootout. Argentina's advantage IMO is that they are defensively more sound then Brazil, but maybe this is cancelled out by Brazil's superior attacking ability. Tough game to call, and one that can probably go either way.

30pts Brazil vs ARGENTINA (To win Trophy) 11/10 Ladbrokes
What's the reasoning behind that pick, mr chips. The match looks pretty even, but the SF surely took a lot from Argies physically and their psychic mucst have suffered big time. Also, Saviola will not be available (red card). One more thing is - I doubt South American teams can boat much of endurance in consecutive (almost) matches.

Re: Confederations Cup - June 15th - 29th 3rd-4th firstly : The goal-scoring Germans will definitely out-score the goal-shy Mexicans (they had chances to score against Argentina but even the famous Borgetti seemed too polite to shoot). At 4/5 and with the extra days rest and a good crowd behind them Germany look a tasty price. I agree that the final could go either way and I do fancy the over 2.5 bet. Brazil's games have been producing goal-fests 3, 1(v Mexico), 4 and 5 (average 3.33) so that should continue (4 goals in this fixture lately too). FG Adriano at 5/1 Paddy Powers looks good as does the 11/8 to score anytime. There's a few good bets anyway. As for backing the winner perhaps have the 28/1 HT/FT BRA-ARG or ARG-BRA, because this game really could go either way. If you bet on the 90 minute outcome, you're braver than me !

Re: Confederations Cup - June 15th - 29th GERMANY – MEXICO

--> GERMANY 1.95 BETS4ALL.COM

Interesting match today in Leipzig. Germany played a nice tournament. The first game the won 4:3 against Australia, the second game 3:0 against Tunisia and the last group-game against Argentina they play 2:2. In the semi-final they lost 2:3 against Brazil after an attractive and great game from both teams. Mexico made a great preliminary round and lost in the semi-final against Argentina. Mexico played very defensively and they had not many chances in the matches. Germany is playing an attractive and offensively style and they have strikers like the youngster Podolski or the Bavarian Schweinsteiger. I am sure that Germany is still motivated to win the this game and so I will bet on this attractive price on this match.

Re: Confederations Cup - June 15th - 29th Brazil – Argentina

--> Argentina 3.20 Bets4all.com

What a great game in the Confederations-Cup-final in Germany. Brazil is here the favourite but I will bet today here on Argentina because Brazil have huge problems when they are playing against strong defensively teams like Argentina – the best example was the match against Brazil in Hanover. Argentina won some weeks ago in the World-Cup-Qualification 3:1 against Brazil and because of this I am sure that Argentina have great chances today to win against the Selecao. I saw Brazil live against Mexico and the match was so poor of both teams – Argentina made not the best games in this Tournament, too. But Argentina is playing a very defensively style but successful and so I am sure that the better choice is today the higher price on Argentina. Good luck and enjoy this match!

DancingCow.gif

Re: Confederations Cup - June 15th - 29th 20pts Brazil to win Confederations Cup Not much to be said as you could basically make a case for either team, but I'll put 20pts on Brazil to win the tournament at 1.66 given the fact Argentina haven't won a tournament(be they Copa America, WC or just this useless Confederations' Cup) for 12 years since their '93 Copa America success.

Re: Confederations Cup - June 15th - 29th Interesting posts, here, I may buy bookings at around 62, which is quite high, trouble is, if I wait for the spread to drop, there may be an early booking, which sends the spread up. Anyone know who the ref. is, and if he's strict?

Re: Confederations Cup - June 15th - 29th Cheers, Tulenos, sound advice, however, at half time, the Sporting spread stands at 80-83 for the second half, so 18 points profit in the bag if I close the trade now. I duly expect bookings in the second half, however, expecting 4 more yellows could be optimistic. I look forward for more goals in the second half, hopefully from Argentina, to enhance an already entertaining game. It's unlikely, but if Brazil shut up shop at 2-0, the game could deteriorate into a boring ball passing display from the Brazilians. :hope

Re: Confederations Cup - June 15th - 29th Dunno how your spreads worked out guys, but there could (should?) have been reds for Ronaldinho, Coliccino and Cambiasso. Two lessons from the final to take on board for next year's World Cup. 1. Without Crespo Argentina look very lightweight up front. 2. Without a world-class keeper they will struggle too. Is Lux their best Keeper ? I've been told he plays at home and hasn't been sought after in the transfer market ever.