** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Rounders...........

Big Andy

Re: Rounders........... I finished 6th in my first game, then 3rd, then 2nd and now I've won my 4th attempt - is that what they meant when they called it steps??? At least I'm going the right way - now level 2 - risking "relegation"....... This game certainly is good value for $5........

Re: Rounders........... played 4 of them yesterday and didn't win a single one of them. some crazed nutters in there - going all in all the time once it gets to 6 or 7 left. lost out on some classics too. not bad beats as such but things like pocket 2 beating pocket kings when they call all-in and I see them pre floplaugh4.gif. think I'm finding Turbo tables of 5 more my game even though its a lot less skill and a lot more calling the right hands roll.gif

Re: Rounders........... That seems like amazingly loose play for level 4 Heniek and obviously bad luck. I've got to my target now of over 1000 points in tokens and am going to try my first level 5 tonight sometime.

Re: Rounders........... I finished 3rd so won 800$ and still have enough tokens for 4 more games at level 3 to hopefully accumalte more. Observations from level 5 are firstly they are 12 min blinds so it is a fair game and does not just become a crap shoot towards the end.Secondly the level of play from one or two was not as good as I thought it would be. The play was looser than games usually are on level 3. Overall I am delighted with the result as I bought in direct to level 3 (twice) and so have eventually made some profit with the prospect of more. Buying in at that level was definately worth it.

Re: Rounders........... Thank you all. In contrast to normal I have jusy played the loosest game I have ever had on Level 3 where I had to win only one hand (someone went all in with middle pair and I called) and then let everyone else knock each other out. This was in contrast to another game where it was so tight initially that there were still 5 of us on blind level 9 (600/1200) and we were having to go all in 1 hand in 5 just to keep par. I am now back up to 787 tokens and am trying to accumalte these steadily. It is clear there is good value in these games but I am still trying to work out whether level 3 or level 4 offers better value. There appears to be a case for both.

Re: Rounders........... Having set up a new account on Ladbrokes for the league, I decided to give Ladbrokes Ladders a try - Wow - am I enjoying this - 3 out of 3 "wins" (defining win as top 3 as top 3 places are all the same) on level 2 - I'll keep trying to accumulate chips on this level before trying level 3 - but I hope this isn't just a "flash in the pan" I thought Bet365 was good, with only one person being eliminated each time, but this is better - if you can keep finishing in top 3 at a "low" level, then there is no need to ever risk running out of tokens........and you are not forced to keep going up a level as the tokens can be used at any level. A big thankyou to whoever brought this to our attention......

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Rounders........... Thanks guys for the pointer to ladders and the mechanism of saving your tokens up....:clap :clap :clap :clap About a week ago I shoved $3 into L1 of the Laddies "Ladders" treble chance - got into first 3 and got a pass to L2, similarly finished in first 3 again and so had an effective $30 worth of tokens. Instead of trying L3, I've been re-investing those tokens at L2 and am currently up to $80 worth (only not been in 1st 4 once at L2 so far). Of course its all virtual money until you win something at L4 - but my cunning plan (based on the info in this thread) is to keep playing at L2 (where I think I can do quite well on current results) till I've built up (say) $150 worth of tokens and at that stage play a L4 game and hopefully get some real dosh out - but if not I still have seed money in at L2 to start the cycle again. Nice thing about it is that the games tend to be quick, so if I have half an hour to spare then its ideal.