Manchester United v Manchester City > Sunday April 12th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Manchester United v Manchester City (16:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.37 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Manchester United v Manchester City > Sunday April 12th This is too big a match to make any large positions for me, tbh, as beside it being a derby, both teams need points to stay top four. Top four at this point is really the goal, as the financial implications are paramount to continued success. I am a United supporter, so my thoughts below will certainly have a tinge of bias, but here is how I see it. I do not think United will want to lose points at home. They have a challenging run in with away matches to Chelsea and Everton to follow, as well as another game later vs. Arsenal who certainly still have title aspirations. By form alone, you have to think United have a great shot to win. 5 in a row in the league, 8-1-1 in their last 10, and the most home points gained in the premier league this year (albeit with Chelsea having a game in hand. In the past 10 matches, City have been a mid-table team both by results, and the way they have played. But City is still a dangerous club, a wounded animal you may say, especially coming off a disappointing loss at Palace - and let's not forget their loss at Burnley a few weeks back. Manager is on the hot seat for certain. So you think I'd be going balls out for a United win (and I will with my heart). But, I would be of the opinion LvG will stick with the lineup he has been playing - which have been very good indeed - and this may be an issue. First, Fellaini up top with Rooney in support will not have much effect against a stout City defense. The long balls Fellaini is used to winning with ease will be under pressure. And Rooney will find very tough going without another on the ball threat (like a Falcao or RvP). Also, this is the type of game that often finds Mata become a wilting daisy - exactly the reason Mourinho did not want to keep him and his vast skill around. He's not tough enough to win the ball, too small to fend off larger, stronger midfielders and his defense is suspect at best (and that is being kind). This is the match that is begging for AdM and his special talents to start and be a difference maker - but sadly, I do not believe he will be in the starting 11. Herrera has been a revelation and certainly deserves his spot, but I think he will find it tougher to create in this match. United will more than likely start Blind and/or Carrick to firm up their suspect back 4. People have been saying Smalling has been playing brilliantly, but I don't see it. He's a disaster with his feet on the ball, he's not pacey enough to keep up with smaller, quicker attackers. He's very good at winning balls, and clearing balls, but when you ask him to do too much, he's a liability and City's pressure will certainly be asking the questions in this match. I expect United to play with a good deal of confidence in front of their fans, but this is going to be a barn burner. I really do like the o2.5 in this match. Each team has difference makers on the ball and can bring someone off the bench. Each set piece can be a goal - City will likely be a big threat on corners - or if Toure/Silva have a crack of it. United have Rooney and if Mata or AdM is there, any free kick can end up in the back of the net. City will play with desperation - they had how many chances against Palace last match out. United will not be sitting back looking to defend, they've won a lot of late and think (hopefully know) this is a match they can win the three points. Each team knows all eyes in the country/league will be on this game, so I expect a show case match, not a tentative match, such as the one United played vs Chelsea earlier this season. I'll be on o1 goal 1h o2.5 goals for the game And Hoping, praying for a United 3-0 victory here as their continued ascent in the standings will lead to big things next year. fin :cheers:

Re: Manchester United v Manchester City > Sunday April 12th 4pts Man Utd to beat Man City 17/10 BetVictor City have won the last four Manchester derbies but in each of those matches they have carried momentum into the match with them. They don’t do that here so I think that favours United. When United when to the Etihad I’m not convinced van Gaal quite understood how important derby matches are but we saw at Liverpool earlier in the season that he has realised that now and I expect him to set his team to be positive and get the job done. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/man-utd-vs-man-city-betting-united-can-pick-up-the-derby-spoils-on-sunday

Re: Manchester United v Manchester City > Sunday April 12th

It will be an under 2.5 game and pretty ugly to watch. Under 3.5 goals is the safest option of course and that's where most of money will go - maybe as much as 50%-60% of my bank (I only do this a few times a year at most - despite breaking basic staking principles by a large margin - and yes I don't advise anyone else to do it).
The kind of bet which will leave you a happy man if it wins and a bit sick if it doesn't. Good luck :hope

I don't think so. Van Gaal has a reputation for negative tactics when coming up against strong opponents. Despite a recent turnaround in form, United know they will face a stern test against Manchester City on Sunday. Defensively United have improved dramatically and will be confident of keeping a clean sheet with the right approach. City look more frail at the back and liable to make a mistake that will cost them the match. For me, United will win this match 1-0 or 2-0 at most. It will be an under 2.5 game and pretty ugly to watch. Under 3.5 goals is the safest option of course and that's where most of money will go - maybe as much as 50%-60% of my bank (I only do this a few times a year at most - despite breaking basic staking principles by a large margin - and yes I don't advise anyone else to do it). Under 2.5 goals (12 points) @ 1.95 bet365 Under 3.5 goals (55 points) @ 1.33 bet365 Man Utd win to nil (3 points) @ 4.50 bet365 Anyway this is the only stand out match for me from a betting perspective this weekend. I'll only be playing small change elsewhere and won't bother doing any other write ups as a result. Good luck everyone!
Been in America for a couple of weeks so not been posting (what do you mean who cares!) but it looks like lunacy to me to put big money on such a high stakes game. 55 points! Are San Marino playing!? :lol Fair play for putting your neck on the line but these matches haven't traditionally been goal shy as far as I remember and city have been in such poor form I can't see them not conceding at least two against what is a suspect defence then you are relying on city continuing their struggles up front. City aren't suddenly a terrible PL side though and I think it would be more of a surprise to see United keep a clean sheet than city not score. It should go under 3.5 but under 2.5 looks risky to me, any game at the top of the table in PL has good potential of going over and there are likely to be other variables coming into play in this which is likely to be played at 100mph at certain periods i.e sending off, penalty. Last 7 between the two sides at Old Trafford have gone over 2.5 and think there is a good chance this one will too..Good luck though I'll be the first to congratulate you if the bets come in..

Re: Manchester United v Manchester City > Sunday April 12th Thinking about it, I think unders are more likely than overs in this game, because both managers (and teams) will be more focused on not losing than winning. Both sides know they won't win the title and their clear priority now is qualifying for the Champions League by finishing in the top four. Not losing this game will help. I wouldn't be suprised to see it ending in a draw, although I guess on form United look more likely winners.

I don't think so. Van Gaal has a reputation for negative tactics when coming up against strong opponents. Despite a recent turnaround in form, United know they will face a stern test against Manchester City on Sunday. Defensively United have improved dramatically and will be confident of keeping a clean sheet with the right approach. City look more frail at the back and liable to make a mistake that will cost them the match. For me, United will win this match 1-0 or 2-0 at most. It will be an under 2.5 game and pretty ugly to watch. Under 3.5 goals is the safest option of course and that's where most of money will go - maybe as much as 50%-60% of my bank (I only do this a few times a year at most - despite breaking basic staking principles by a large margin - and yes I don't advise anyone else to do it). Under 2.5 goals (12 points) @ 1.95 bet365 Under 3.5 goals (55 points) @ 1.33 bet365 Man Utd win to nil (3 points) @ 4.50 bet365 Anyway this is the only stand out match for me from a betting perspective this weekend. I'll only be playing small change elsewhere and won't bother doing any other write ups as a result. Good luck everyone!
I thanked this pick but place medium stake on home win. Just usual bet for me, 3% of the stake. But after I read post one more time I understood how risky is Yiddo's bet - 60% of bankroll on one event...

The rule "Don't bet more than 10% of your bank" is there for a reason.

Re: Manchester United v Manchester City > Sunday April 12th I think that's the Top 4 sorted then. Despite Man City's woeful form of late, they should have enough class to easily secure one of the 4 places - and Arsenal and Man Utd are well clear now. Only question is in which order they finish.

Re: Manchester United v Manchester City > Sunday April 12th I think we will see Pellegrini heading to the exit after this season UNLESS there is no other good replacement. Man City team is really poorly unmotivated. It is too obvious. Yaya Toure looks like can't be bothered already. If I were to be Pellegrini, I will remove him from his position, even at the expense of losing the whole match. The right-back (Zabaleta) kept getting ripped by the attacks from Man Utd. The only man putting some effort is Aguero, the rest aren't. Trivia -- Worst performance since the days under Mark Hughes and the days when the club was relegation-threatened in 1990s

Did you really bet over 50% of your bank on this? That must be painful if so!