cheltenham 2015 - chat thread

Re: cheltenham 2015 - chat thread I think like most years, the Champion Hurdle is the most fascinating Beaker. But I must say, I am really looking forward to seeing Peace And Co in the Triumph, he looks a really brilliant horse in the making. Ran so green last time out but still won a shade cosily.

Re: cheltenham 2015 - chat thread I would have to say that the most exciting and the most anticipated is the champion hurdle. the race that fascinates me is the Queen mother, I can honestly say I havent got a clue what will win with reasonable question marks over all of them for me, really think we could have a big price winner, just trying to find it!!!. Now that I no longer work in the bookies, I have the week off work and cannot wait for it this year

Re: cheltenham 2015 - chat thread Well I was looking forward to seeing Double Ross in the Ryanair, but Twiston Davies as norsed that up by running him at Newbury tomorrow. Tbh, it's the meeting itself that I'm looking forward to and I will be there on the Thursday. Im coming around to the idea of avoiding the English trained horses in grade 1 races that have run at either the trials meeting, Newbury tomorrow and Wincanton next week. The festival falls 1 week early this year, and as we've already seen with Dynaste, these big races could have taken too much out of them. On the plus side, that makes a 4 week gap to Aintree, and that could be the best time to back horses such as many clouds, providing they run below par at the festival.

Re: cheltenham 2015 - chat thread The Champion Hurdle and, following Vibrato Valtat's performance this weekend, the Arkle will be two highlights for me. The Ryanair is also looking an intriguing puzzle. I'll be attending Cheltenham for the first time on the Tuesday after being an armchair punter for the last 3 years. Had my tickets booked for quite a while and I hope this won't be the last visit. Genuinely looking forward to the atmosphere and some top class racing.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: cheltenham 2015 - chat thread I was lucky enough to go to Cheltenham several times in the Best Mate and Istabraq years and I think Faugheen in the Champion Hurdle is the one I'm looking forward to. Due to my (ahem) aversion to backing short priced horses, I'll be leaving the race alone but I suspect that afterwards, we might be asking why we didn't think anything at odds against was value. The school of thought is that the horse hasn't beaten much in the way of genuine Grade 1 hurdlers, but the horse has clocked some decent times. Ruby will be on board and desert the Fly, I think he knows the horse is a star in the making and I for one hope he's the new Istabraq. The horse is 8 from 8 and the words "easily", "smoothly", "impressive" and most importantly "stayed on strongly" are littered throughout the race readers observations.

Re: cheltenham 2015 - chat thread Anyone any idea which race the Tony Martin trained Savello will be aimed for with 6 festival entries (4 chase and 2 hurdles). A festival winner in the Grand Annual chase last year. Looks to be best at around 2m and very well in on hurdles rating (current OR 133) compared to chase rating (current OR 153) but is the hurdles mark to low to get into the County Handicap Hurdle (2m 1f)? Any thoughts?

Re: cheltenham 2015 - chat thread

Anyone any idea which race the Tony Martin trained Savello will be aimed for with 6 festival entries (4 chase and 2 hurdles). A festival winner in the Grand Annual chase last year. Looks to be best at around 2m and very well in on hurdles rating (current OR 133) compared to chase rating (current OR 153) but is the hurdles mark to low to get into the County Handicap Hurdle (2m 1f)? Any thoughts?
I heard rumours they might have a crack at the Queen Mother, but I was surprised when I heard that myself. Not sure mate, might be a last minute job decision.

Re: cheltenham 2015 - chat thread I echo most of you guys, champion hurdle is the most exciting race. Since I like racing particularly from an aesthetic point of view, there isn't much better than the best 2m hurdlers taking each other on at Cheltenham. It's fast and furious and just a great thrill to watch! As a fan I'm very much in the Hurricane Fly camp. Here's hoping for Noah's flood to arrive on Monday.... I think, though, if things go normal, Faugheen will be hard to beat. I kind of like Kitten Rock to improve further and play a big role as well.

• 2 weeks later...