• Virginia Waters
    • Echelon
    • Magical Romance
    • Penkenna Princess
    • Other (please state in thread)

Re: ***Sunday Race of the Day: 1000 Guineas*** Article from sportinglife.com

RACING NEWS
spacer.gif
karenscapernellgwyn.jpg Karen's Caper (right) wins the Nell Gwyn.
TRIAL WIN POINTS TO KAREN By Simon Holt Click here for latest odds Betting Box Tipping Guide
BETTING BOX
FIXED ODDS
bronze.gif2pts Karen's Caper at 9/2 (general).Trial win suggests she will take all the beating here.
At the time it was difficult to know what to make of the Nell Gwyn Stakes in which Karen's Caper edged out Cape Columbine as they all finished in a bit of a bunch. However on reviewing the race on video for this preview of the UltimatePoker.com 1000 Guineas I was quite impressed by the way the winner passed nine or ten fillies in the last furlong-and-a-half. She really saw the seven furlongs out in tremendous style and bearing in mind she has already won over Sunday's mile and is bred to stay ten furlongs, she can improve as the season goes on. Her trainer John Gosden reported her to be a little wooly in her coat before her reappearance and I would have every confidence she will confirm form with all those behind her last time, including Cape Columbine, Favorita, Slip Dancer, Golden Legacy and Bahia Breeze. Shanghai Lily represents Sir Michael Stoute who has a tremendous record in this race. This is a nicely-bred daughter of King's Best who is unbeaten in two starts to date but the form of those wins doesn't amount to a great deal. At this stage it is more about style than substance with her and she has a lot of improvement to make if she is to win this despite the positive vibes from the Newmarket gallops. You wouldn't give Godolphin's main hope Satin Kiss much of a chance on her British form of last year as she seemed to be rather exposed. She was fourth in a conditions race at Salisbury behind subsequent Cheveley Park Stakes runner-up Suez. She does seem to have improved though and won at Dubai in February and March, although again it is hard to gauge the strength of the opposition. Maids Causeway was a terrific two-year-old last season, running seven times and never finishing out of the frame. She boasts top class form having been second in the Group One Fillies' Mile before winning the Rockfel Stakes at Newmarket. She is a leading player here given such solid credentials although she may well be ideally suited by further in time and a lack of a recent run suggests she may be a place bet here. Penkenna Princess is a filly I like. The form of her Fred Darling win, a defeat of Royal Alchemist and Echelon probably needs to be improved on here but she has a terrific attitude and was only narrowly beaten by Maids Causeway in the Rockfel. She previously beat Favourita in the Oh So Sharp Stakes, again at this track, so the course holds no fears for her. She has a big each-way chance while Magical Romance, who won the Cheveley Park Stakes last year, is another to note. She wouldn't want the ground too fast but she is bred to thrive at this trip. It's Karen's Caper for me though. Her performance in the Nell Gwyn was one full of promise and she will improve for the run.

Re: ***Sunday Race of the Day: 1000 Guineas*** Sportinglife.com again and KARENS CAPER is popular with this guy too.... Karen's Caper can cap her meteoric rise through the ranks by winning Sunday's Ultimatepoker.com 1000 Guineas. The American-bred filly only saw a racecourse in the October of her juvenile days and chased home Godolphin's Happy As Larry on her debut Lingfield. She returned for another all-weather maiden at the track later in the month and made a deep impression when running out a five lengths winner. Still it came as something of a surprise when she attracted support for the 1000 Guineas prior to her return to action - but the cat was soon out the bag. She was an impressive winner of the Nell Gwyn Stakes, thundering up the rising ground to beat a useful yardstick in Cape Columbine. With improvement guaranteed at this mile and positive reports from the stable, she looks the one to beat. Cape Columbine reopposes here but it is difficult to see any of those beaten in the Newmarket trial reversing form on Sunday given the winner's scope for improvement. The talking horse in recent days has been Sir Michael Stoute's Shanghai Lily and she is indeed an exciting prospect. She could be anything judged on two minor wins at Newbury last year and recent homework has impressed all the seasoned gallop watchers. She is shortlist material but the value has long gone. Satin Kiss represents Godolphin having won the UAE 1000 Guineas and Oaks. She clearly enjoyed her spell in the winter sun but her British form as a two-year-old leaves her with plenty to find. Maids Causeway has been well-backed of late and it is easy to understand why. She was a teak-tough juvenile and after being placed in the May Hill and Park Hill, went on to land the Rockfel at Newmarket on her final start. She has reportedly done well between two and three, although there is no racecourse evidence of this, and she is another who must go to Newmarket on Sunday with a leading chance. Aidan O'Brien's Virginia Waters seemed to fall below the top bracket at two but did win the Leopardstown 1000 Trial well enough on her reappearance. Her best form is with plenty of give in the ground though and she needs heavy and sustained showers over the weekend. Penkenna Princess, a short-head behind Maids Causeway in the Rockfel, edged out Echelon in the Fred Darling at Newbury but may struggle to confirm that form here. The latter, a stablemate of Shanghai Lily, is reported to have thrived of late but needs to make significant improvement to shake up the principals.

Re: ***Sunday Race of the Day: 1000 Guineas*** article from sportinglife.com CAPER CREW RELISH MILE TRIP Click here for full racecard John Gosden believes Karen's Caper will be suited by the step back up to a mile in the UltimatePoker.com 1000 Guineas at Newmarket on Sunday. The daughter of War Chant, a winner over the trip on Lingfield's Polytrack last October, took the seven-furlong Nell Gwyn Stakes at Headquarters on her seasonal debut earlier this month. "She's in good form, she's come through her preps well. She won the Nell Gwyn nicely and she's improved in her coat, but it's not been a great spring for fillies," Gosden told Racing UK. "It's an open race and I always look to the ones that haven't had a run. They can pop up and put in a huge performance - the Shanghai Lily types. "From that point view I'm sorry the original favourite (Damson) is out. "It's open and we'll be in there giving it a go. She's won over a mile already as a two-year-old. I know it was on the Polytrack, but it's still a mile. "I think the extra distance will suit her. She's a very genuine, rangy filly with a big, raking stride and she's handled the track. Let's hope she can do it again." Karen's Caper is vying for favouritism at around 9-2 with the leading firms. Robert Winston is looking forward to riding Echelon for Sir Michael Stoute. "It's nice to get the chance to have a ride in the race. When I got the call I accepted the ride and I'm really looking forward to it," he told At The Races.

Re: ***Sunday Race of the Day: 1000 Guineas*** That's very interesting AK but I could dig out a hundred quotes to say that Dubawi was going to win the big race yesterday. It wasn't even placed:( My best quote was in the Racing Post, under a list of quotes entitled "What they've said about Dubawi" Frankie Dettori "He's a little bastard" :rollin I'm on Penkenna Princess to get a place:ok

Re: ***Sunday Race of the Day: 1000 Guineas*** after yesterdays success I'll try and follow up on................... Maids Causeway :hope 100 pts win @ 7.8 bf 200 pts place @ 2.96 bf good luck to whatever you back (as long as its second behind mine :lol )

Re: ***Sunday Race of the Day: 1000 Guineas*** Normaly I would lay of my bets for a fixed profit but Ill let it ride on this one bet Im sorry after :o Maids Causeway :hope 100 pts win @ 7.8 bf lay @ price now was 5.9 200 pts place @ 2.96 bf lay @ price now was 2.36 gone back out now

Re: ***Sunday Race of the Day: 1000 Guineas***

Vista Bella looks a big price, not done much wrong but perhaps not beaten much, however stays every yard which will count. was 40's yesterday now best priced 28/1 with betdirect
3rd at 12's,:clap wish i had taken the 50's on Thursday but waited until today!! Just realised I didnt put this in my bets thread though:wall