anyone help a novice?

Rob

I know nothing about horses, but I'm going to Pontefract tomorrow for an afternoons racing. Anyone got any strong views on horses that could do well? Sorry I have no racing knowledge to offer you guys in return:o

Re: anyone help a novice? This might not go down too well in an "experts" forum but I always find that when novices go racing, they are often succesful by just picking out a jockey and sticking to them. Looking at the card tomorrow, I'd be tempted to be backing each way (horses have to be 4/1 or over to make it worth while) as I can see some big prices coming in. If you do fancy the sticking to one jockey theory, I'd suggest Royston Ffrench for tomorrow's meeting (closely followed by R Winston as a second choice) and don't be put off by some of the bigger prices (10/1 +). Good luck whatever you decide to do.

Re: anyone help a novice? I`ll agree in principle with ODM, emerson, do your own thing mate, it`s much more fun when at the course. The amount of times i`ve been to race meetings with "novices" where they`ve come away in profit and the experienced racegoers have lost is amazing. By all means listen to what Bowles has to say, without being patronising, he`s dedicated, very knowledgable and his advice is always worth taking on board. What I`m about to say is absolutely no reflection on anybody who posts/offers advice on here or in person to you on your day out, but it`s always slightly more comforting knowing you`re responsible for losing your own dosh on your own selections, and on the plus side if you come away winning after picking them yourself, it`s a feeling that takes some beating I`ll tell ya :D