Ligue 1 Orange > November 21st - 23rd

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 21 November 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Metz v Paris Saint-Germain (19:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]8.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.45[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]98.51 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 22 November 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]SC Bastia v Olympique Lyonnais (16:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.35[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.25[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.96 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]AS Monaco v SM Caen (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.61[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7.3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.41 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]En Avant Guingamp v Stade Rennais (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.55[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.12[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.98 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Lorient v RC Lens (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.57 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]OGC Nice v Stade Reims (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.56 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 23 November 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Nantes v Saint-Étienne (13:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.12[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]98.48 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Montpellier HSC v Toulouse FC (16:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.53 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Olympique Marseille v Girondins de Bordeaux (20:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]98.54 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > November 21st - 23rd I remember even from last season in Ligue 2 Metz were always a solid home play thrown in an accumulator with a draw no bet as usually they could be counted on to at least not lose. PSG. Full of internationals who have been travelling all over the place. Are they fully motivated to go to Metz and suffer for the 3 points? When they have a CL match a few days later and only have a 1 point advantage over 2nd placed Barca? The more I look at the fixture calendar, the more this match looks like the sacrificial lamb used to prevent burnout in the top players. 1-1 for PSG away from home is never a shock result these days as it seems to be quite a regular occurrence. In PSG's away Ligue matches they have a 3-4-0 record. So they've dropped points more often than they've won. Emphasise this with the Metz home recored which is 4-2-0 and it seems Metz will not go down easily here. 1.44 for Paris to win away under the above circumstances seems like a big old trap by the books and the price is designed to manipulate our perception and does not reflect the reality. What I will do is lay PSG @ 1.4-1.44 on the exchanges, then hopefully as the match remains a draw the price will drift out and I can lock in a profit. Hopefully Metz will give me a boost by scoring which will really help things along. They've scored 12 and conceded 5 in their 6 home matches. A very good record. Plus their home games are very important to them as they are 1-1-5 on the road. Of course the worst case scenario for me is that early in the match before the PSG price has had time to drift out, Ibra scores and early Slovakian round house bicycle kick and they never give up the lead. Zlatan-Ibrahimovic.jpg

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > November 21st - 23rd PSG will struggle after international break, and they are focused on Ajax better than Metz. Matuidi and Lucas probably out, Zlatan doubtful, and maybe Blanc will rest him for 65-70 minute. DNB Metz @ 6.00 (bet365) is great price imo.

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > November 21st - 23rd I think BTTS-Yes @ above evens with bet365 is the best option.I cannot rate 1.44 exactly as being a value bet.There was a rumour that Metz top goalscorer Falcon is sideline but it was announced that he is on and should be amongst the starting 11.PSG are not reliable at the back.They have long list of injuries including Douchez,Bahebeck,Veratti,Moura,Luiz,Aurier.They were not at their best against Lorient before the itnernational pause just before a CL participation and needed 2 goals for a turnover in the 2nd half.I think Metz could provide the firepower at home to score at least once tonight.PSG will keep an eye on the CL next week so this bet stand out to me.GL! 2:3:ok

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > November 21st - 23rd Metz – PSG I’m not really convinced that PSG will win tonight. This is definitely a tricky trip to Metz, on a Friday night just after an international break. Most of the PSG squad has been on international duty and they are even resting some players who were involved for their respective nations. I also wonder if PSG might be looking ahead to their CL match against Ajax in midweek. It’s vital that they win their group and can’t afford any slip ups. So they travel here at an unfortunate time, but even in more favourable circumstances this wouldn’t be an easy match. Metz have developed a really strong home field advantage at Le Stade Saint Symphorien, picking up 14 points out of a possible 18 here this season. Unlike PSG, they have a squad at full strength which includes few players who were away on international duty. As long as the occasion doesn’t get to them I’d say Metz have a great chance of drawing, or even winning. PSG will rely on individual brilliance here, which has of course gotten them over the line in many matches before, but I’m willing to take them on tonight by backing Metz +1 for a few units. Prediction: Metz 1-1 PSG Recommended bet: Metz +1 (asian) @ 2.07 4/10

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > November 21st - 23rd FT 2-3. Good effort by Metz here to come from 0-2 down to draw 2-2. But they ran out of steam in the last 20 mins. Well done on BTTS Simeon. Anyone who layed PSG, (unless they did it in the last 5 mins) would've also had ample opportunity to make profit. They were 1.04 in running 2-0 up!

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > November 21st - 23rd Judged on Metz's first half display it was a disaster (how on earth can they concede 2 goals like that?), but the second half showed why you bet on them. They even hat the chance to turn the match around. +1 was great value anyway. A void is always appreciated!

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > November 21st - 23rd AS Monaco v SM Caen AS Monaco: Kurzawa (10/0 d), Ferreira Carrasco (12/2 m), Lopez (0/0 d), Raggi (12/0 d), Bakayoko (5/0 m) SM Caen: Seube (3/0 m), Appiah (10/0 d), Musavu-King (6/1 d) FC Lorient v RC Lens FC Lorient: Al.Traoré (3/0 m), Quercia (0/0 f), Abdullah (12/0 m), Lautoa (6/0 d) RC Lens: Fradj (1/0 d), Le Moigne (10/0 m) Information from more then 50 football leagues and competitions at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > November 21st - 23rd For today i like the BTTS-Yes in Bastia-Lyon game.Bastia are strong playing home team who seems capable of scoring against anyone in Ligue 1.We saw yesterday how Metz put 2 past PSG i think today we can see something similar.While Lyon are slowly improving,scoring plenty but they are concedeing as well.You can always expect them to score no matter away or at home.But their defence looks vulnerable.Each of their away games has been BTTS-Yes so i can't see Bastia failing to score against them.1.85 with bet365

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > November 21st - 23rd Bastia – Lyon OL travel to Corsica in good form. They’ve won their last 5 ligue games, scored loads of goals and just generally looked really good with their standard of play. In many ways, the international break came at a bad time for them and it’s possible they might lose momentum. It’s also a negative that a number of their players were away on international duty so they’ve had less chance to prepare for this match as a whole squad. On the positive side, midfielder Yoann Gourcuff returns from injury and this is a boost because he’s actually been in good form recently. On the flip side, Nabil Fekir is suspended and this is a blow because he’s been one of their best players this season. Bastia under Claude Makelele were a complete mess, but his sacking seemed to spark them into life. They produced a shocking improvement against Montpellier just before the international break, beating them 2-0. This was easily their best performance of the season and extremely encouraging, especially as nobody expected it. I’m sure they will enjoy being the underdog today and the home fans will really get behind their side, producing a hostile atmosphere. I’m picking Lyon to win what should be an open game, but I’m not going to stick any money on it. This is never an easy place to visit and Bastia should have their tails up. The Lyon price isn’t anything special either so I’m happy to leave this fixture alone. Prediction: Bastia 1-2 Lyon NO BET Guingamp – Rennes Brittany derby here and I can’t see much separating either side come the final whistle. For Rennes, this is shockingly their 3rd consecutive Breton derby, so they are well used to these sort of fixtures. They produced a solid gameplan to draw at Nantes and then beat Lorient, and I expect their main objective today will be to avoid defeat. Guingamp are 3rd bottom of the table and have lost 9/13 matches this season. They aren’t perhaps as bad as that record might suggest though and their biggest problem has been the Europa League, which always saps their energy and focus. But the international break would’ve done them some good and allowed a number of guys to rest. Not too many of their players have left the club for any nations which is a nice boost to have. With fatigue and fixture congestion less of an issue then I expect a much better Guingamp performance tonight. If either team is to win, then it’s more likely to be them, but I think this has a draw written all over it. Nobody is going to want to lose and this should be a really tight affair. Overall, It’s a definite contender for 0-0 and not a match I want to bet on. Prediction: Guingamp 0-0 Rennes NO BET Lorient – Lens This is a massive match between the bottom two teams in the division and I’m sure tensions will be high at Le Stade Moustoir. Lorient have performed much worse than expected this season and it’s a surprise to see them struggling so much. As usual, a number of injuries have hit them hard and it’s also been difficult for them to move on from long time coach Christian Gourcuff. Lorient president Loic Fery has said Sylvain Ripoll’s job is safe, but if they keep losing then I expect him to be sacked sooner rather than later. Les Merlus have lost 8 of their last 9 games and absolutely nobody could trust them at the moment. There have been some positive signs recently such as the unlucky home defeat to PSG and the harsh loss at Rennes last week, ultimately though, they got nothing out of those encounters. Lens have lost 6 of their last 8 games but have competed really well against some big teams of late. This is a more realistic fixture for them to pick up points in, but pressure will be higher. I honestly haven’t got a clue here and all three results are possible. It just depends who turns up best on the night and it’d be foolish to bet on this match before it starts IMO. Prediction: Lorient 1-1 Lens NO BET Monaco – Caen One of the teams involved in the match fixing scandal this week was Caen so it’ll be interesting to see if it affects them in a negative way here. I don’t think it will because all of the pressure is on Monaco today and not them. The visitors are currently outside of the relegation zone but only have 12 points to their name this season. It must be noted though that their fixture list has been fairly brutal so far and they’ve already faced most, if not all of the really good sides. Monaco have injury and suspension issues today. Key left back Layvin Kurzawa is ruled out along with winger Yannick Ferreira Carrasco. The duo of Raggi and Bakayoko are both banned, whilst a lot of the squad was involved internationally last weekend. This is a horrible spot for Monaco because I doubt they’ve have had much chance to prepare fully as a squad this week. They also have a massive match away against Bayer Leverkusen in the upcoming CL and I’m sure they’ll be focusing on that fixture more. Monaco have clearly targeted the CL this season and have really struggled in Ligue matches prior to playing continentally (just 1 win in 4 and that was against Evian). Caen are a great away team under Patrice Garrande and have only lost twice on the road since February 7th! So far this season they have only suffered a single defeat by more than a one goal margin (0-2 vs PSG) and I’m sure they’ll be competitive tonight. I don’t expect Monaco to be at their best and whilst they might still get away with victory thanks to one individual moment or something, I’d say there’s a great chance Caen can at least draw. I’m actually going to predict that they shock everyone to win here and I’m willing to risk a few units on the +0.75 line. It’s dangerous betting against a team like Monaco who have some quality players but this is just the sort of match that they typically struggle in. Prediction: Monaco 1-2 Caen Recommended bet: Caen +0.75 @ 2.02 4/10 Nice – Reims I don’t expect this match to be much of a classic because both teams are missing key offensive personnel. For Nice, Carlos Eduardo and Eric Bautheac are both ruled out and this devoids them of a lot of creativity. Likewise for Reims, Diego Rigonato and Benjamin Moukandjo will take no part, along with striker Gaetan Charbonnier. I really think this’ll be a dull and drab affair containing little excitement. One goal would probably be enough for either side to win and if anyone got ahead they’d probably just try and protect their advantage. There’s not much else to say here apart from that Nice’s odds look a bit too short. But there’s no way I’d be willing to risk Reims +0.5, they are only a mediocre side. All in all, a good match to avoid unless you like betting under 2.25 lines. Prediction: Nice 0-0 Reims NO BET

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > November 21st - 23rd Guingamp - Rennes Guingamp after winning Bastia and Dinamo Minsk lost to Lyon in a game that they fought till the end but the quality difference between the teams was apparent. Guingamp has an important game this Thursday against Fiorentina as they have a chance to qualify to the next round of Europa League but the also have to consider the league games cause they are under the relagation zone already. Rennes is one of the teams that surely didn't want the break for the international games as they were in a great form at the time. If this games was played last week they surely would have been the favorites. Now Grosicki and Henrique are out and Toivonen will play for the first time since late September. ?Draw @ 3.05 Marathonbet

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > November 21st - 23rd Nantes – St Etienne I expect this to be a really tight and cagey affair containing few goals. Both teams are really hard to beat and this has all the makings of a tactical battle. Nantes do miss the duo of Gomis and Hansen from their midfield which could be the difference here. In the last year or so they just haven’t been able to win matches like this facing real quality opposition. They have often played well but just fallen short of the result required, mostly because of a lack of goals. That’s the one worry you always have with Le Canaris, where are their goals going to come from? They just don’t have enough decent strikers in their ranks which costs them all too often. My feeling is that Sainte will find a way to get the job done today and maybe sneak a 1-0 or something. But nothing would surprise me and overall it’s a match best well left alone. Nantes have been in good form recently and they deserve some sort of respect. Prediction: Nantes 0-1 St Etienne NO BET Montpellier – Toulouse Midtable battle here but you have to say that Toulouse are the better team. MHSC only look like beating the weaker sides in the division and I’m not convinced they can get the job done today. This is just the sort of game that Toulouse typically enjoy, and away fixture facing a team of reasonable reputation. The counter attacking threat of TFC could be lethal today and Montpellier will probably make a number of errors at the back which could be costly. The hosts are fine if they are playing inferior opposition who they can dominate, but this will be much more of a tough challenge. I think Toulouse will win but I’m not going to stake any money on this match. It has the potential to be a volatile affair and I think it’d be foolish to get involved. Prediction: Montpellier 0-1 Toulouse NO BET Marseille – Bordeaux After a great start to the season there have been a few recent signs that the wheels are starting to fall off for OM. Defeats at OL and PSG, in addition to a cup loss at Rennes have threatened to destabilize their season. It’s not as if they have been playing that bad, but almost trying too hard and just not converting enough chances. The other problem that OM have suddenly encountered are injuries and suspensions. They had a clean bill of health for most of the season so far but now there are issues with player availability., Tonight they miss Morel, Romao, Ayew and Nkoulou, all of whom would definitely start this match. Bordeaux of course have their own issues with team selection, the likes of Cheikh Diabate and Tiago Ilori both miss out here in addition to a few others. I’m not sure about this match. Can Marseille get back on track? Well, maybe, but I’m not interested in backing them at this price. They are way too short considering they miss key individuals and Bordeaux aren’t a bad outfit. I’m predicting a draw but anything is possible and it feels like a good match to swerve. Prediction: Marseille 1-1 Bordeaux NO BET

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > November 21st - 23rd Ligue 1: Olympique Marseille- Bordeaux Very attractive looking game, not least because of the team news. But first, Marseille can go back to the top of the table with all three points and above hated rival PSG, which will make it all the sweeter, Bordeaux would go up to joint third with a win and just three points off the lead. Hosts are without ever present central defender Nicolas N'koulou and defensive midfielder Alaixys Romao who are both suspended , left back Jeremy Morel is injured and that is a LOT of defensive talent to be missing. Romao has missed two starts this season , through which OM have conceded five goals (2.5 average), just 7 in the other 11 ( 0.64 average). N'koulou is far and away their strongest defender, he has missed just 13 Ligue 1 and European games since joining in 2011-12, they have won just one of those, against a team already relegated, drawing three and losing nine of the others ! 20 yo Dorian has been added to the squad and might make his debut, three of the defenders named are aged 19-20. That is not the extent of their problems, left winger Andre Ayew is out injured, he has a goal or assist in 38% of almost 200 starts and also performs defensive duties, he missed the visit from Bordeaux last year which ended 2-2 ( a repeat would definitely not surprise) striker Andre-P?erre G?gnac and midfielder Roma?n Alessandr?n? have both made the squad , but are said to be nursing knocks and OM look up against it today. Bordeaux have been without a couple of defenders recently, but are a little stronger in that department today, however, they are without top scorer Cheick Diabate ( you can't have everything !). I was full of praise for Bordeaux ahead of a couple of early season games, writing before a 4-1 demolition of Monaco .... I just cannot agree with the visitors as favourites here. They opened with a 2-1 home defeat to Lorient and it is hard to see them being stronger this season, despite the return of Radamel Falcao from his long term injury. The defence, which we focused on and discussed several times last season is old, slow and weakened today (I guess) with the loss to suspension of Ricardo Carvalho . They sold James Rodriguez (34-9-13 last season) to Real Madrid, he missed the last meeting between the two, a 1-1 draw in Monaco on the final day of last season, Bordeaux largely dictated matters there . I can see the same happening this evening and plenty of joy for the hosts in the final third, where they have too much pace for ASM. Coming into this season, the midfield was identified as a problem area for the hosts, but it was clear from their opener that this is far from the truth (see previous preview), defensively they look very solid and have only conceded 8 goals in 9 starts and in much admired keeper Cedric Carrasso have a player at the absolute peak of his powers. Upfront they rely heavily on Cheick Diabate, but looked very strong down the left flank last week and here, where I assume Monaco will be relying on returning right back Andrea Raggi, but it took him a month to find his feet last season and the alternatives look few and suspect, rather than play Fabinho last week, they preferred a player out of position and this looks an area Bordeaux can exploit, as well as the lack of pace through the middle. Hosts look good with the draw no bet option. There I referred to some "previous preview" notes and what I wrote in those was .....They are coming off a 1-0 home defeat to Bordeaux, where the away side dominated in midfield, being quicker, stronger and more athletic and first to every ball, they could have been three up before the break and whilst Montpellier came more into the game after it, I feel that was more about Les Girondins sitting back and protecting their lead. I suspect that people will see that Diabate is missing and have, or will , over react and the odds just look totally wrong, there could be goals and "over" is an option, but the odds look massive on Bordeaux. 1.5 units Bordeaux +0.75 ball 2.13 asian line/Sportmarket. 0.5 units Bordeaux to win @ circa 6.0 which looks a mighty fine price...........win, lose..............or draw ! Marseille: S.Mandanda, B.Samba – Aloé, Doria, B.Dja Djedje, Fanni, Ben.Mendy, Sparagna – Alessandrini, Barrada, Imbula, Lemina, Tuiloma – Batshuayi, Gignac, Payet, Omrani, Thauvin. Bordeaux: J.Carrasso, Jug – Contento, Mariano, Planus, Poundjé, L.Sané, Yambéré – Badin, Kaabouni, Plasil, Sertic, Ab.Traoré – Sala, Rolan, Maurice-Belay.

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > November 21st - 23rd Marseille - Bordeaux Marseille is in the second place of the table after a long time and it is in their hand if this is going to be temporary or not. After they lost two derbies against Lyon and Paris, Bielsa's team isn't in a position that can lose games like the one today in their home if they want to write history. Bordeaux without having a very deep roster have managed to be in a position where if they win today, they will be one of the title contenders.The problem is that in the last 12 games haven't managed to keep a clean sheet not even once and today they play against the team with the best attack in the league. Marseille to win + Total Over 2.5 @ 2.45 Marathonbet