Sky Bet Championhip > September 30th & October 1st

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 30 September 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Brighton & Hove Albion v Cardiff City (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.12[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Derby County v AFC Bournemouth (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.33[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.10 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Middlesbrough v Blackpool (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]10.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]98.90 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Millwall v Birmingham City (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.33[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.86 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Norwich City v Charlton Athletic (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.65[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.01 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Rotherham United v Blackburn Rovers (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.84[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.72[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.55 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Sheffield Wednesday v Ipswich Town (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.32[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.29 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Watford v Brentford (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.45 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Wigan Athletic v Nottingham Forest (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.62[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.41 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 1 October 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Leeds United v Reading (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.65[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.86[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.11 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Wolverhampton Wanderers v Huddersfield Town (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.64 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Fulham v Bolton Wanderers (20:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.65[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.25[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.93 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Sky Bet Championhip > September 30th & October 1st Brighton v Cardiff + 0.5 @ 1.90 Bet365 (3 Points) Brighton have got off to a pretty poor start to the season and they've won just 1 of their 4 home games so far. I think they are slightly better than their league position suggests but at this stage I just can't be having them at odds on. Cardiff have had their own problems and they haven't been performing to their potential. Their record on the road isn't actually too bad though. They've lost just 1 out of 4 in a narrow 1-0 loss at Wolves, while drawing their other 3 away matches. Another draw here is all that's neede to see a winning bet. I think both sides will improve this season but See Cardiff finishing higher. Considering the relative home and away records and the fact that I rate Cardiff higher than Brighton, I think this should be a 0.25 line on the handicap. As such I see a bit of value in backing the Welsh men to avoid defeat down on the south coast. It's Cardiff +0.5 for me.

Re: Sky Bet Championhip > September 30th & October 1st Rotherham +0 (AH) v Blackburn @ 1.975 Bet365 (3 Points) Rotherham have certainly got a fight on their hands this season but Steve Evans will be up for the scrap. They haven't got off to the best start at home winning 1, drawing 1 and losing 2. But it's these scraps at home where I expect them to pick up a lot of their points. Evans has added some great attacking options but he's still waiting to find the best combination IMHO. What is clear is that they've been creating plenty of chances in their last few games with plenty of shots. Ok they might not have been putting them away but if you are creating the chances then you are always in with a shout. And with the home advantage and the draw cover in place, i fancy the Millers to get a crucial 3 points on board or at least avoid defeat. Blackburn aren't a bad side but I think they will just fall short this season. Their record on the road isn't bad with 2 wins at bottom half sides and 2 losses at top half clubs. I just think they are going to be in for a real scrap in this game though and it won't be an easy match for them at all. The draw no bet line does look about right in fairness. But Rovers are being made slight favourites and I'm happy to take them on with a Rotherham side who I think have a bit more to offer than their current results suggest.

Re: Sky Bet Championhip > September 30th & October 1st Sheff Wed v Ipswich +0.25 @ 2.00 Bet365 (3 Points) Both sides have had good starts to the season and are quietly going about their business very nicely indeed. I particularly like the way Mick Mcarthy is shaping his Ipswich side and the loan signing of Jonathan Williams today is another good bit of business. Wednesday have surprised me a bit and they are looking a decent side. But I don't think they are going to be quite good enough to make the top 6. Their home record to the start of this season isn't actually that good though, winning just 1 from 4 and drawing 2. As such I couldn't be confident of them getting all 3 points against a good Ipswich side. Especially when you consider that the Tractor boys have only lost 1 of their 4 games on the road so far. The 0.25 handicap line is probably right but personally I would have Ipswich at the shorter odds of the two on this line as I fancy Mcarthy's men to pick up at least a point and to continue their good form.

Re: Sky Bet Championhip > September 30th & October 1st Wigan v Nottm Forest +0.25 @ 1.825 Bet365 (3 Points) Wigan have had a poor start to the season and there is no doubt that they are under performing and are now without a win in the last 4. You wouldn't think this form will last forever as they have a good squad. And on paper their home form isn't actually that bad, winning 2, drawing 1 and losing 1 so far. But it's worth noting that the victories have come against Blackpool and Birmingham, two clubs right at the bottom. Forest are unbeaten on the road (league) so far winning 2 and drawing 2. There seems to be a view that they have been slightly over achieving and a lot of people are expecting their form to drop off. I can see where such a view is coming from but I don't fully agree. Ultimately, Forest are proving to be very dufficult to beat and whilst they are on offer with the draw cover in place, I'm happy to keep backing them. Especially when they are up against someone as out as from as Wigan are. A plus on handicap in Forest here definitely represents a bit of value to me.

Re: Sky Bet Championhip > September 30th & October 1st Derby County v Bournemouth Derby County: Jeff Hendrick (5/1 m)(doubtful), Jake Buxton (6/0 d), Simon Dawkins (8/1 f), George Thorne (0/0 m), Shaun Barker (0/0 d) Bournemouth: Tokelo Rantie (3/0 f)(probably out), Elliott Ward (0/0 d) Middlesbrough v Blackpool Middlesbrough: Jelle Vossen (3/0 f)(doubtful), Dean Whitehead (6/0 m), Albert Adomah (9/1 m), Jonathan Woodgate (0/0 d), Damia Abella (6/0 d), Rhys Williams (0/0 d), Mzzy Carayol (0/0 m) Blackpool: Jeffrey Rentmeister (2/0 d), Tom Barkhuizen (0/0 m), Bobby Grant (0/0 f), Gary MacKenzie (0/0 d), Steven Davies (2/0 f) Information from more then 50 football leagues and competitions at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Re: Sky Bet Championhip > September 30th & October 1st Rotherham v Blackburn Only 2 teams have scored in every game they have played in the Championship. Blackburn and Bournemouth. Against Rotherham I would expect Blackburn to keep up this record. For Rotherham to win they will probably need to score 2 goals. Well, they have scored 2 goals in a game just once this season (against Bolton in a 3-2 loss) in 9 games. Thus for me the DRAW NO BET on Blackburn seems reasonable at odds of 2 various bookmakers for standard 2 units

Re: Sky Bet Championhip > September 30th & October 1st Norwich vs Charlton In the past 9 Championship games, Norwich has BTTS 5 times, while Charlton has BTTS 7 times. If we zoom into Norwich home matches and Charlton away matches, this has occurred 7 out of 8 matches so far. With both teams unchanged, it seems unlikely that either will be able to keep a clean sheet. Both Teams to Score @ 1.95 (4/10) Betfair

Re: Sky Bet Championhip > September 30th & October 1st Watford vs Brentford This will be Brentford's 2nd game in a row where they face an opponent's new manager. In the 1st such matchup, they've disposed Leeds 2-0 at home, their 1st win after losing 0-3 and 0-4 to Norwich and Boro respectively, both whom are in the top third of the table. Watford, currently 4th, has replaced manager Oscar Garcia with Billy McKinlay due to health reasons. Oscar actually managed only 1 full game at the touchline in September, while the rest were handled by assistant coach Ruben Martinez, hence would take their recent form with a pinch of salt. Team-wise, Watford still has the stronger team, and would expect the effects of the new manager to work better in front of their home crowd. I have rated Watford chances to be greater than 50%, hence this would be considered as a value bet. Watford @ 2.15 (4/10) Betdaq

Re: Sky Bet Championhip > September 30th & October 1st

Norwich vs Charlton In the past 9 Championship games, Norwich has BTTS 5 times, while Charlton has BTTS 7 times. If we zoom into Norwich home matches and Charlton away matches, this has occurred 7 out of 8 matches so far. With both teams unchanged, it seems unlikely that either will be able to keep a clean sheet. Both Teams to Score @ 1.95 (4/10) Betfair
I am just a little scared that Charlton will fail in scoring. They have failed to score in 2 of their last 3 away

I am just a little scared that Charlton will fail in scoring. They have failed to score in 2 of their last 3 away
For what it's worth, I'm a season ticket holder at Norwich and I can't see Norwich keeping a clean sheet against anyone at the moment. They are just so open at the back and even Blackpool scored.

Watford vs Brentford This will be Brentford's 2nd game in a row where they face an opponent's new manager. In the 1st such matchup, they've disposed Leeds 2-0 at home, their 1st win after losing 0-3 and 0-4 to Norwich and Boro respectively, both whom are in the top third of the table. Watford, currently 4th, has replaced manager Oscar Garcia with Billy McKinlay due to health reasons. Oscar actually managed only 1 full game at the touchline in September, while the rest were handled by assistant coach Ruben Martinez, hence would take their recent form with a pinch of salt. Team-wise, Watford still has the stronger team, and would expect the effects of the new manager to work better in front of their home crowd. I have rated Watford chances to be greater than 50%, hence this would be considered as a value bet. Watford @ 2.15 (4/10) Betdaq
For the record we (Bees) are taking 2000 and the away end is a sell out, and Watford historically were massive rivals for Brentford so everyone at the club is very fired up for this, even the MD tweeted about it this morning. Also regarding our recent 3-0 defeat against Norwich it was a travesty, blatant penalty turned down and we dominated for most of the game etc they scored 3 goals late on. Middlesborough was simply a bad day at the office. For the reasons above I wouldnt be sure of a watford win, but due to our attacking style and ethos of the manager I WOULD definitely put us down for BTTS, we aren't great at the back, but we have so many ball playing creative midfielders. 2-0 against Leeds didnt do it justice, their keeper got man of the match for starters. Backed by a vociferous away support and with an open style of play BTTS at 1.7 seems a steal

Re: Sky Bet Championhip > September 30th & October 1st I've posted on-and-off on this forum for a number of years with moderate success but with the Championship being such an unpredictable league I don't tend to post very often as you can end up being left to look very silly indeed! Sheffield Wednesday vs Ipswich Town Few developments today which look interesting. Stevie May - who has scored twice in his last three games - has had his first call up to the Scotland squad. He's definitely slotting in well to this level and I'd imagine this big boost means he'll be well up for adding to his good form tonight. Whilst this time last week we'd only conceded 4 goals all season, after the mauling at Man City and then shipping a few away at Cardiff we are looking unusually defensively fragile all of a sudden. Injuries and suspensions mean we are scratching around to play people out of place at the back and I'd be inclined to say we won't be as defensively solid this evening tonight as we have been. Perhaps more pertinent against an Ipswich side that have scored 2 goals in each of their last 4 matches and haven't failed to score since mid-August. Therefore I feel there is good value in a few of the following bets 4pts - Stevie May to score anytime @ 2.62 1 pt -Stevie May to score two or more goals @ 10.00 5pts - Both teams to score @ 1.80 Good luck!

Re: Sky Bet Championhip > September 30th & October 1st Fulham v Bolton With Bolton's manager, Dougie Freedman, states that this job is harder than it's expected, one has to wonder how will he be able to stomach a relegation battle, especially since they're 3rd from bottom with only 1 win in past 9 league match. On the opposite end, after the sacking of Mageth, Fulham has went on a mini-revival, winning their last 2 games, including a cup match against Doncaster. However, looking at Bolton's record, they faced Watford (3rd), Forest (2nd), Boro (8th), Brighton (18th), Leeds (14th), Sheff Wed (9th), Rotherham (17th), Wolves (6th) and Derby (4th). 6 team from the current Top 10 suggest they have a tough start in the season. Fulham's trio of Ruiz, Rodallega & McCormack is one of the strongest attacking trio in this division, but somehow, the odds have price Fulham to be >50% favourite, which seems a little high, hence I'm gonna oppose them for the match. Bolton +0.5 @ 1.975 (Bet365) 3/10

Re: Sky Bet Championhip > September 30th & October 1st Wolves v Huddersfield I am looking at backing the home side here to retain their 100% record in the league at the Molineux this season. Wolves can be picked up @ 1.80 with Bet365 Huddersfield got their first victory in 6 at the weekend in their home tie against out of form Millwall and while I do expect Huddersfield to improve over the season from their poor start I am not sure going away to Wolves tonight will be a match they can take points from. Grant Holt is an excellent loan signing for them but may take a while to settle in. Wolves signed Yannick Sagbo on loan from Hull City yesterday and he is eligible to play tonight. A win here for Wolves takes them to the top of the league which should give them even more inspiration that usual to get all 3 points tonight. Wolves are a good team in this league and have a lot of strength in depth. They are playing well and are unbeaten in 7 games winning 4 of those. They played well, as did Reading on Sunday in the 6 goal thriller which ended 3-3. I'd really appreciate it if anyone has any more input on this game or either team?

Wolves v Huddersfield I am looking at backing the home side here to retain their 100% record in the league at the Molineux this season. Wolves can be picked up @ 1.80 with Bet365 Huddersfield got their first victory in 6 at the weekend in their home tie against out of form Millwall and while I do expect Huddersfield to improve over the season from their poor start I am not sure going away to Wolves tonight will be a match they can take points from. Grant Holt is an excellent loan signing for them but may take a while to settle in. Wolves signed Yannick Sagbo on loan from Hull City yesterday and he is eligible to play tonight. A win here for Wolves takes them to the top of the league which should give them even more inspiration that usual to get all 3 points tonight. Wolves are a good team in this league and have a lot of strength in depth. They are playing well and are unbeaten in 7 games winning 4 of those. They played well, as did Reading on Sunday in the 6 goal thriller which ended 3-3. I'd really appreciate it if anyone has any more input on this game or either team?
I agree all of us Wolves fans would be very disappointed not to be top of the league at the end of the night. I believe Dicko and Doherty are facing a late fitness tests but with Ricketts and Sagbo available I don't believe either will be risked. Our record at home is P4 W4 scored 6 conceded 1 (a penalty). I think that Grant Holt is an excellent signing for the visitors but he is the type of player that Danny Batth was built to play against. I would be surprised if we didn't have enough strength to see the job out tonight and I think the odds are pretty decent.

I agree all of us Wolves fans would be very disappointed not to be top of the league at the end of the night. I believe Dicko and Doherty are facing a late fitness tests but with Ricketts and Sagbo available I don't believe either will be risked. Our record at home is P4 W4 scored 6 conceded 1 (a penalty). I think that Grant Holt is an excellent signing for the visitors but he is the type of player that Danny Batth was built to play against. I would be surprised if we didn't have enough strength to see the job out tonight and I think the odds are pretty decent.
Thanks very much PokerWolf. I was hopeful that you would see this post as you have provided very good information on the Wolves team in past. Thanks for your input.

+0.6 units. Didn't expect Norwich to be the team not scoring though.
You can think yourself very, very unlucky with that bet. Norwich had 2 stone wall penalties turned down and 2 penalty shouts that could have gone either way. They also had a good goal disallowed by a referee who has previous history with Norwich. As you say, you wouldn't think Norwich would be the team to let you down on this bet but I couldn't see Norwich keeping a clean sheet.

Fulham v Bolton Bolton +0.5 @ 1.975 (Bet365) 3/10
-3 units. Note to self: should have gone with gut feeling when I 1st read the manager's interview.

Thanks very much PokerWolf. I was hopeful that you would see this post as you have provided very good information on the Wolves team in past. Thanks for your input.
Guess thats what you call a bad day at the office :puke Apologies for the bad advice I really did not see anything like that happening it was unacceptable.

Guess thats what you call a bad day at the office :puke Apologies for the bad advice I really did not see anything like that happening it was unacceptable.
No apologies needed. The advice was sound, as it normally is. It's football, there are always crazy results when we least expect them.