UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifiers > Saturday October 11th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 11 October 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Armenia v Serbia (17:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.55[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.55[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.18[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.21 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Republic of Ireland v Gibraltar (17:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.03[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]29[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]67[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.03 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Romania v Hungary (17:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.15 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Scotland v Georgia (17:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.7[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.01 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Albania v Denmark (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.04[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.98 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Finland v Greece (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.03 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Northern Ireland v Faroe Islands (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]14[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.07 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Poland v Germany (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.57[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.11 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 4 weeks later...

Re: UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifiers > Saturday October 11th Scotland are 1.8 with SkyBet to beat Georgia at home, I think that is an unbelievable price personally. Ireland played terrible and beat Georgia away, they offer very little going forward, and the Scots deserved a result in Germany for me, they created a lot of chances. Really can't believe this price on Scotland, Strachan is getting a good tune out of this side.

Re: UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifiers > Saturday October 11th Georgia, I don't think, have won an away match in their last two campaigns as well. Personally I think the price is about right, as Georgia won't roll over and Scotland won't put them to the sword, but I do expect Scotland to win, albeit narrowly. I agree with you, Aidy, Strachan is doing a good job. Not many sides run Germany so close.

Re: UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifiers > Saturday October 11th

Hungary lose at home to northern Ireland Romania beat Greece away Yet Romania are only 4/5 to beat Hungary at home. Am i missing something? Losing at home to Northern Ireland spells big problems.
Yes, there are problems, but the biggest problem was our previous manager, who was fired after the defeat. Our (temporary) captain is now Pál Dárdai (former international footballer and Hertha legend, you may know him), who is better than Pintér, but he doesn't have any major coaching experience on this level, as he only coached youth players before. That doesn't necessarily mean that he isn't up for the job, as the Hungarian football community respects him and he certainly has more influence and commanding presence than Pintér, which might substitute for the lack of experience. Or might not. Another news, when Dárdai was announced, our best striker Ádám Szalai also announced that he is going to return to the squad. Still, Romania is the favourite, as their squad is better than ours overall, especially in defence. Also, this is a major match because of rivalry. However, the last time we won against them was in 1981, the last time we won in Romania was in 1958 (a friendly), and we only won one competitive match in Romania back in 1952, an Olympic qualifying match (1-2). A win for Hungary would be a stunning and miraculous event, there is a slight chance of draw, especially if the Romanians take the match for granted, but as I have mentioned, there is a rivalry between the two sides so I cannot really imagine that the hosts will do that. All in all, you are right, betting on Romania would be a fair choice. Personally, I will not place any bet on Romania, no matter how big are the odds.
@Kisvesza: In Romania at the moment no player, no coach, no men thinks we have already 3 points against you. The thing is every one wants to beat Hungary, even a baby that you will be waking up at 2 in the morning. The problem is IF we will be able! we have a defensive side and a defensive minded coach so who knows? If coach of Steaua would be our coach, would have been a question of how many you'll get, really! You have a team that I really like, some players that would suit great in OUR team, like Dszudszak, In rest all the best and let the best win the match and that one to be my side smile2.gif!
It is good to have an opinion from the other side. If I have to name players who are CERTAINLY better than their Romanian counterparts, I would name also Dzsudzsák and Szalai. (There are others, who are up to debate, such as Lovrencsics, Stieber or T?zsér.) Our strongest position is the goalkeepers' place (if we are thinking collectively about the players as defence, midfield and attack), but there our two best keepers are both injured. (Megyeri isn't actually a bad keeper, but he hasn't played a game in the national team and also, he is out of favour in Olympiakos since last season. Király is past from his prime, but he has the experience and the match fitness. Our defence is the weakest, so it would be great to have a solid keeper.) If you play defensively, I would say we might catch a point, as our strength is in the attacking part of the midfield. A win still would amaze me, because I cannot imagine having a clean sheet. However, if you let our players on you and initiate counterattacks, then anything other than a Romanian victory would be a huge upset. However, this is all just speculation, we will see what will happen on the pitch. The Hungarian media usually starts the hype about our national matches at least a week before the game, but now there isn't any, it is fairly quiet here. Maybe for once it is good not to put any unnecessary expectations on the players.

Re: UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifiers > Saturday October 11th Nobody here in Romania consider that we can loose this game with Hungary. After defeating Greece away Romania will go over the hungarians, trying to win the 3 points and already taking a major advantage in qualifying to EC. The biggest problem for us is that our most important player Marica is suspended for this game, but Keseru (Steaua's At) is on fire scoring 16 goals. The stadium will be full as is well known the rivalry between Romania and Hungary and I can't see how our neighbor can't upset us. Personally I only see Dszuszak as top player but we have good defense and probably Hungary will not score. 1 DNB @ 1.33 is banker in my opinion (good for combos) but probably I will also bet on hw @ 1.80 as a single bet

Re: UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifiers > Saturday October 11th 4pts Republic of Ireland (-4) to beat Gibraltar 21/20 Betway Ireland will win this match the question is by how many and I guess a lot of that would depend on the strength of side they put out but this is an ideal chance to build some big confidence and momentum going into the match against Germany so I expect Ireland to be at it. Poland put seven past Gibraltar last time out and Gibraltar looked all over the place in that so Ireland should be good for at least five. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/republic-of-ireland-vs-gibraltar-betting-ireland-can-put-minnows-to-the-sword 4pts Scotland to beat Georgia 8/11 William Hill I think Scotland are improving nicely under Strachan and gone are the days where I think they are unreliable in these sort of matches. I think they have enough attacking threat and different options to cause problems for sides but at the same time they still have the ability to keep things tight at the other end too. This isn’t a brilliant Georgian generation so while they will be dogged and tough to break down I don’t see them getting a lot from this game. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/scotland-vs-georgia-betting-strachan-s-men-can-get-up-and-running-at-ibrox 3pts Northern Ireland vs Faroe Islands - Both teams to score 7/4 William Hill The Faroe Islands aren’t as easy to see off as they used to be and so this should be a more competitive match than we are maybe used to. Northern Ireland look a little light in defensive areas but to their credit they look a lot better than they have done for a while going forward. The Faroes are scoring more goals these days against better sides than Northern Ireland so there could well be value in both sides scoring. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/northern-ireland-vs-faroe-islands-betting-both-sides-can-find-the-net-in-belfast 4pts Poland (+1AH) to beat Germany Evs Ladbrokes Germany might well win this match but given the players they are missing they are way too short to be backing. We know with the history of these two nations that there will be plenty of passion and feeling in this match and if nothing else I think Poland can keep the match tight even if they don’t get the result they are after. If they do go down I think it may only be narrowly so I like the home side on the Asian handicap. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/poland-vs-germany-betting-poland-can-push-german-second-string

Scotland are 1.8 with SkyBet to beat Georgia at home, I think that is an unbelievable price personally. Ireland played terrible and beat Georgia away, they offer very little going forward, and the Scots deserved a result in Germany for me, they created a lot of chances. Really can't believe this price on Scotland, Strachan is getting a good tune out of this side.
Strachan does seem to have the magic touch with Scotland. But Georgia's recent shots on target stats are about the same as Scotland's, suggesting the away side might be some sort of value at long odds.

Strachan does seem to have the magic touch with Scotland. But Georgia's recent shots on target stats are about the same as Scotland's' date=' suggesting the away side might be some sort of value at long odds.[/quote'] Shots on target mean nothing to me anyways mate. You need to analyse a game a bit more than just looking at a few shots on goal. Scotland's last 6 games were Croatia, USA, Norway, Poland, Nigeria, Germany.. Georgia's last 6 games were Finland, Spain, Liechenstein, Saudi Arabia, UAE and Ireland.. Clearly Scotland have been playing better teams by a distance overall, they went a year unbeaten before the German game and Georgia's last competitive away win was in 2006 against the Faroe Islands so I personally think you would be mad to back them in any way.

Shots on target mean nothing to me anyways mate. You need to analyse a game a bit more than just looking at a few shots on goal. Scotland's last 6 games were Croatia, USA, Norway, Poland, Nigeria, Germany.. Georgia's last 6 games were Finland, Spain, Liechenstein, Saudi Arabia, UAE and Ireland.. Clearly Scotland have been playing better teams by a distance overall, they went a year unbeaten before the German game and Georgia's last competitive away win was in 2006 against the Faroe Islands so I personally think you would be mad to back them in any way.
I use the last five competitive games - in this case, World Cup and Euro qualifiers. Scotland last 5 competitive: Croatia Belgium Macedonia Croatia Germany Georgia last 5 competitive: France France Finland Spain Ireland Obviously recent form suggests a Scotland win, as you say :)

Re: UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifiers > Saturday October 11th Scotland were unlucky not to beat Germany, so at that same standard of play, especially with the tartan army behind them, I cant see a Georgia win here. Worse case scenario a draw. I really dislike backing teams I support, to prevent bets ever being more emotional, but I don't think I can get away from backing a Scotland win with this one. Scotland home win, with a 1-1 security.

Re: UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifiers > Saturday October 11th Albania vs Denmark – Both teams to score (No) @ 1.81 Marathonbet Albania stunned Europe with the away win against Portugal, a result that caused the resigning of Paulo Bento for Portuguese team. Albania had excellent defensive tactics, passion and focus on their goal, which was not to concede a goal, making sure that at least they won’t lose. They found a goal on a counter attack and they managed to hold to their advantage until the end, securing one of the most important victories of their history. Obviously, Albania tonight will have enthusiasm for a second big win against another big team like Denmark. Denmark on the other side found difficulties against Armenia, but managed to win away with 2-1. They didn’t play so good, tonight they are favorites, but I don’t think that they are trustworthy against a tough Albanian team. I expect a closed game, I believe that one of two teams will not score.

Albania vs Denmark – Both teams to score (No) @ 1.81 Marathonbet Albania stunned Europe with the away win against Portugal, a result that caused the resigning of Paulo Bento for Portuguese team. Albania had excellent defensive tactics, passion and focus on their goal, which was not to concede a goal, making sure that at least they won’t lose. They found a goal on a counter attack and they managed to hold to their advantage until the end, securing one of the most important victories of their history. Obviously, Albania tonight will have enthusiasm for a second big win against another big team like Denmark. Denmark on the other side found difficulties against Armenia, but managed to win away with 2-1. They didn’t play so good, tonight they are favorites, but I don’t think that they are trustworthy against a tough Albanian team. I expect a closed game, I believe that one of two teams will not score.
I'm on the opposite side to you here, I'm afraid. Albania have only failed to net once in competitive games in Tirana since 2009 (only Luxembourg, Belarus and Slovenia failed to score there). BTTS would have won in 7/10 of Denmark's most recent qualifiers. Well worth a play at odds-against.

Re: UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifiers > Saturday October 11th Finland - Greece Finland made a good start by winning Faroe Islands and if they manage not to lose today they can start hoping for a place that leads to France. They are a very strong team and have great tradition in home games against Greece. Greece after the loss in their home to Romania don't afford to make another mistake.Their appearance in that game was really bad and they deserved to lose but the worst is that this loss brought nagging to the team and bad comments to the coach from the fans. Tonight's game is a big bet for Greece, they have to win this one first of all for competition purposes in order not to stay back on the table and secondly to stop the displeasure back home. Luck isn't helping Greece so far as they have 6 absences today ( Holebas, A. Papadopoulos, K. Papadopoulos, Tzavelas, Kone, Christodoulopoulos ). Greece to win @ 2.70 Marathonbet

Re: UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifiers > Saturday October 11th Ireland -v- Gibraltar, 5pm BST Ireland host Gibraltar at the Aviva Stadium tonight in what will be a definite victory for the home team in both team's second Euro 2016 qualifier. It's a game which is expected to be an absolute goalfest, but I'm not so convinced. The main reason I believe it may not be a goalfest is that Ireland have never been a convincing goal-scoring team against the lowest ranked teams in Europe. Whether it was Andorra, San Marino, Faroe Islands, Malta or Liechtenstein, Ireland have struggled to win by a four goal margin. This is due to profligacy in attack. A decade ago, the Irish team was also much stronger than it is now, and the only true goal scoring player we've ever really had is 34 years old now; it is of course Robbie Keane who I'm talking about. He will captain his nation today and I expect him to score. But the reality is that overall this Irish team is not as strong as it once was, and Ireland are also missing their two best players today; right back Seamus Coleman and midfielder James McCarthy, both who play regularly for Everton. Obviously Gibraltar are barely a reputable team, and boast mainly amateur players. They were absolutely hammered 7-0 at 'home' against Poland, and perhaps that was a serious wake-up call for them and their manager. Indeed, I believe they'll have learnt from that first foray in competitive football, and be improved today. They'll be unlikely to leave their own half for most of the game, so there's little risk of them scoring. Instead, it's a question of whether they can minimise goals, and I think there's a greater possibility of them being able to keep their shape and game-plan even if they go a goal or two down in this game, in comparison to the game against Poland. Another element to this game is the fact that all the preparations for this game for Ireland have been completely overshadowed by Roy Keane releasing a new book, and the circus of journalists that have gone with that whole affair. There's literally been so little talk about this Gibraltar game, and perhaps it's not interesting given the strength of the opposition. Nevertheless, perhaps the Irish players won't be fully prepared or motivated for this game, and especially with a more important away game against Germany in three days time, they may not exert themselves fully for this game. It's a risky bet, but Under 5 goals @ 1.95 odds is worth a bet. I really doubt Ireland's ability to score more than 5 goals, and there's even a good possibility that Ireland will only score 3 or 4 goals. If Ireland had both Coleman and McCarthy fit today, then I'd be less confident in there being few goals. It's worth a bet, but it is also worth noting that it's a risky bet. Minimum odds should be 1.85. Good luck! My pick: Under 5 goals @ 1.95 odds with 188bet (1/10 stake)

Re: UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifiers > Saturday October 11th @theo13 Between these two teams, there have been 2 draws and apart from that the home team always won, no matter who was the favorite or what was the form.. Just food for thought, Greece definitely are a "like a box of chocolates" :)

Re: UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifiers > Saturday October 11th Ireland -v- Gibraltar, 5pm BST: First goal scorer? There's great value available on this bet. Robbie Keane has 62 international goals in 135 international games, and he'll be absolutely focused on scoring at least one goal tonight, to add to the impressive tally. He's the only genuine goal scorer in this Irish team, and I will be shocked if he does not start and captain the Irish team tonight. He has been playing quite well recently with LA Galaxy (scoring 5 goals in his last three games, two of which were first goals) and he has had another impressive season in terms of goals scored (19 league goals in total). Given that he's also Ireland's penalty taker, and that the chances of a penalty being awarded to Ireland are probably increased with Gibraltar likely to sit back and defend in numbers, this also strengthens the likelihood of Robbie Keane scoring first. At 3.50 odds, it's a value pick in my opinion, and well worth a bet. Robbie Keane will definitely score tonight, and there's a very good possibility he will score first. Good luck! My tip: Robbie Keane to score the first goals @ 3.50 odds with William Hill (1/10 stakes)

Re: UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifiers > Saturday October 11th Nothing screams out for me today. Scotland odds have shortened quite considerably. I have went for a treble with Scotland to win, Poland v Germany over 2.5 goals, and France to beat Portugal. Also 3 singles with the same above selections. I was really impressed by France in the world cup, they look a completely different side, a lot of the under performers are now all removed, and the team has some unity again. Portugal rarely ever put a decent shift in, they even got beat 1-0 by Albania in their last match. 1.73 odds for over 2.5 in any game Germany is in is quite good value, particularly when the opponent are well capable of scoring goals with Lewandowski in the squad, and then add to that Thomas Muller and all the other German players. Hopefully the Scotland game brings the right result, and then only 1 outcome needed from 2 later matches to be in profit. But I am hoping if Scotland do win, Poland v Germany might throw up some early goals, so if France are still drawing or even winning it will be easy to lay these positions for a guaranteed nice profit on the multiple. I am fairly confident the treble will win.