** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Champions League Qualifiers > August 26th & 27th

Re: UEFA Champions League Qualifiers > August 26th & 27th I think Athletic Bilbao are heavily overrated here. I am all over on Napoli +0 at 2.30 offered by Pinny. Bilbao might be a really good team but Napoli have a lot of individuals to change the score the likes of Mertens, Higuain, Callejon, Hamsik and perhaps Insigne from the bench. We've all seen what Napoli are capable to do in such tournaments last year when they collected impressive 12 points from a group which was including teams like Arsenal and Dortmund. Benitez has too much experience and always has a plan B in such competitions. I am going with the better and more quality team here. Athletic Bilbao: Iraizoz; De Marcos, Laporte, Gurpegi, Balenziaga; Benat, Iturraspe; Susaeta, Ibai, Muniain; Aduriz Napoli: Rafael; Maggio, Albiol, Koulibaly, Ghoulam; Jorginho, Inler; Callejon, Hamsik, Mertens; Higuain

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League Qualifiers > August 26th & 27th I believe that Rafa Benitez has a know-how in this two-leg games. He proved that too many times to ignore this aspect. Napoli were not so bad as result from frist game suggest. I believe that they will win promotion in this one, just don't know which way so I will put my money away from this game.

Re: UEFA Champions League Qualifiers > August 26th & 27th Athletic Bilbao-Napoli BTTS @ 1.83 Stake 8/10 Unibet At the "Nuevo San Mames" it's very hard for the Napoli. is a very hot stadium for the fans of home and is difficult for all teams to win at Bilbao. Napoli have good option in forward with Callejon, Mertens, Hamsik and Higuain and the defense of Bilbao isn't insuperable. For me BTTS is a very good option Athletic Bilbao (4-2-3-1): Iraizoz; De Marcos, Gurpegi, Laporte, Balenziaga; Iturraspe, Rico; Susaeta, Benat, Muniain; Aduriz. A disp.: Iago, San José, Iraola, Etxeita, Moràn, Lopez, Ibai Gomez. All.: Valverde Napoli (4-2-3-1): Rafael; Maggio, Albiol, Koulibaly, Ghoulam; Gargano, Jorginho; Callejon, Hamsik, Mertens; Higuaín. A disp.: Andujar, Zuniga, Henrique, Britos, Inler, Insigne, Zapata. All.: Benitez

Re: UEFA Champions League Qualifiers > August 26th & 27th Salzburg will be b*tching about handball in penalty area from 63th minute, but apart from that they were harmless - very chaotic attacks, very wise defending from Malmoe who have a good game plan and a portion of luck as game went just like they craved. Congratulations for hosts. They were better physically and mentally, without those attributes luck would not be good enough.

Re: UEFA Champions League Qualifiers > August 26th & 27th

Malmo v Salzburg Latest odds on oddsportal: Malmo - 6.6 Draw - 4.75 Salzburg - 1.65 I have to oppose Salzburg at these odds. They were the better side in the first leg, but were also much too open at the back, giving Malmo several chances to score. The name of the game tonight is qualifying - Salzburg won't care if they win, lose or draw as long as they qualify. They could lose, say, 3-2 and go through on away goals, or lose 2-1 and go through in extra time or on penalties. A draw if also enough for Salzburg of course. Malmo have to score at least one goal - and that looks likely given the two sides' respective home and away form in Europe. Any win to nil would enough for Malmo. A narrow win in a high-scoring game would see either extra time or elimination. Background info from uefa.com http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2015/matches/round=2000547/match=2014208/prematch/background/index.html Malmo +1AH 2.16 Marathon Stake: 5 points
Result: Malmo 3 Salzburg 0 Bet won :ok Stake: 5 points Return: 10.8 points

Leverkusen v Copenhagen Leverkusen lead 3-2 from the first leg, meaning that Copenhagen have to score at least TWO goals here to qualify. Corner count in the first leg was 5-4 to Copenhagen. I think Copenhagen will attack to try to score and there is a good chance that they will get more early corners than Leverkusen. Early corner odds on Copenhagen look attractive ... Race to 3 Corners Copenhagen 3.25 Bet 365 Stake: 5 points
Lost Stake: 5 points Return: nil I saw most of this game. First half corner count was 2-1 to Copenhagen as they had enough attacking play despite conceding 3 first half goals. In the second half, Leverkusen played really well both with and without the ball, so that although Copenhagen had a fair amount of possession, they really struggled to break through. Leverkusen's defending was so good, that the Copenhagen attacks broke down repeatedly, meaning they didn't get any more corners, whereas Leverkusen got a few more late in the game.

Malmö 6.50 @ BET365 Positive harmoni in the squad compared to Salzburgs dito. Injuries on defenders, Mané suspended and the pressure that they missed CL 7 years in a row. On top of that an arena who got sold out in 5 minutes (22k) with crazy ass fans. Bye Salzburg.
Hi 4000 euro. Bye Salzburg.

Hi 4000 euro. Bye Salzburg.
Excellent effort. Well done! Takes balls to heavily back your own team. I just kept thinking about that 0-0 with Ventspils so was put off backing Malmo. Good to see a proper team progress rather than a manufactured one.

Re: UEFA Champions League Qualifiers > August 26th & 27th WTF did Napoli do?! They were on the brink of ECL with that goal from Hamsek, but later Napoli defenders went self-destruct and let go 3 CHEAP, VERY CHEAP goals to Bilbao. FIFA needs to open an investigation on this match. I sense something fishy there.

WTF did Napoli do?! They were on the brink of ECL with that goal from Hamsek, but later Napoli defenders went self-destruct and let go 3 CHEAP, VERY CHEAP goals to Bilbao. FIFA needs to open an investigation on this match. I sense something fishy there.
I agree, I watched the full game. First half Napoli played good in defense and took the lead with Hamsik at the first minutes of second half. But what was that defense after the goal ? Even Saudi amateur teams do not make such mistakes, Napoli just gifted two goals and third goal of Bilbao was offside but game was over anyway because Napoli didn't even try for a 2-2.. That loss costed Napoli €25M, that confuses me about the fixing theories, that was just weird and costed me a lot...

Ludogoret - Steaua Bucharest After 1-0 in Bucharest, Steaua is favorite to qualify from this double. They dominated the first game and scored in 89 min thru Chipciu (he will miss this game thru suspension) - big lost as he is an important player. He also missed in the first half a penalty, but I think 2-0 would have been a liar result as the game was much closer. The game will play on neutral ground, in Sofia. I don't think Ludogoret will have to much support from the fans...big stadium and probably will be half empty. Ludogoret is for sure the best team in Bulgaria and has the best players there. Steaua lost their coach and some important players in this summer and I can say, is not the team was last year(s), a bit weaker. I am sure Steaua will have a hard night here and will need to play 100% to qualify in the group stage. Instead of being on under 1.5 or 2.5 I will try a correct score: Ludogoret-Steaua 1-0 @ 6.50 1/10
1-0 BET WON :D Sensational game; a game to be remember years from now...Ludogoret scored in 90th min and the game went in extra time; Ludogoret GK received a red card in 118 minute. Romanian player Moti (ex Dinamo Bucharest player - the biggest rival of Steaua) took the gloves (the host didn't have any substitutions to make) and saved to penalty kicks qualifying his Ludogoret team in CHL groups. He also scored first at the penalty kicks. He dedicated this victory (Ludogoret is for the first time in history in CHL groups) to the Ludogoret fans and also to the Dinamo fans in Romania :) The billionaire owner of Ludogoret was very happy and said that he will reward Moti with a big bonus and also name one of the stand from the new stadium (he is building a new stadium for Ludogoret) Cosmin Moti :))

Re: UEFA Champions League Qualifiers > August 26th & 27th Lads, if you think a Champions League match between two top tier teams was fixed, you'd want your heads checked. Sloppy goals, bad defending, but don't be saying that it was fixed.

Re: UEFA Champions League Qualifiers > August 26th & 27th Well, I highly doubt the match was fixed, but if you think Champions League play-off between 2 second class teams is unfixable, then you must have been living off-world for some time :) Good calls by many punters tonight! :ok

Well, I highly doubt the match was fixed, but if you think Champions League play-off between 2 second class teams is unfixable, then you must have been living off-world for some time :) Good calls by many punters tonight! :ok
If you mean Eastern Europe, we all know what goes on over there. But if someone tries to tell me that one of the best sides in Italy fixed a game, I won't believe it.

Re: UEFA Champions League Qualifiers > August 26th & 27th If you believe in any sort of integrity of the italian teams, when it comes to match fixing, then I have to disagree with you. Eastern europe maybe, but I would sooner believe that italian team fixed a match rather than russian. If Juve at its highest point was fixing matches... Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk

Re: UEFA Champions League Qualifiers > August 26th & 27th I dont think that anyone needs their head checked to suggest corruption exists in football. Match fixing is rife in football throughout the world, far more today than twenty or thirty years ago. I seem to recall a news item, not so long ago, showing a packed courtroom of referees in China facing multiple charges. Napoli is famous for Ice Cream and...oh yes....the Mafia. For those with a short memory, let me refresh it with something that took place in Italy not so long ago....... ......The 2006 Italian football scandal (Called in Italian Calciopoli[1]) involved Italy's top professional football leagues, Serie A and Serie B. The scandal was uncovered in May 2006 by Italian police, implicating league champions Juventus, and other major teams including AC Milan, Fiorentina, Lazio, and Reggina when a number of telephone interceptions showed a thick network of relations between team managers and referee organizations. Juventus were the champions of Serie A at the time. The teams have been accused of rigging games by selecting favourable referees.

Re: UEFA Champions League Qualifiers > August 26th & 27th Suggesting that Napoli's second haf defensive display has anything to do with match-fixing is idiotic. San Mames is notorious for its terrible atmosphere that effects the mental state of the players. Barcelona lost 1-0 last season, Real barely managed a 2-2 draw.

Suggesting that Napoli's second haf defensive display has anything to do with match-fixing is idiotic. San Mames is notorious for its terrible atmosphere that effects the mental state of the players. Barcelona lost 1-0 last season' date=' Real barely managed a 2-2 draw.[/quote'] I don't buy it. Stadium atmosphere? Napoli players participated in WC months ago and they are professional no matter where they play. To suggest that someone is idiotic just because he has different opinion is childish. I'm not going to entertain you sir.

I don't buy it. Stadium atmosphere? Napoli players participated in WC months ago and they are professional no matter where they play. To suggest that someone is idiotic just because he has different opinion is childish. I'm not going to entertain you sir.
Come on, this is the Champions League, not Serie A. Also San Mames has a much more intimidating atmosphere than anything we witnessed at the World Cup. Barcelona players are also professionals, but they sh*t their pants every time they step into the stadium. Home advantage is one of the most important factors in the Champions League play-offs. No wonder 8 out of the 10 matches this week finished in a home victory. :ok

Suggesting that Napoli's second haf defensive display has anything to do with match-fixing is idiotic. San Mames is notorious for its terrible atmosphere that effects the mental state of the players. Barcelona lost 1-0 last season' date=' Real barely managed a 2-2 draw.[/quote']Strongly agree with Alto. Over the top, to start brandishing members idiots because they raise a fair point. A point that holds water with the past history in Italian football. I am not saying it is the case here but it is a valid point for discussion. Given that several Seria A clubs were involved in the 2006 scandal then there is every right to raise the point. If a player/club/referee is bent, I doubt if they are bothered that it is in the CL, Seria A or a sunday morning pub game. Corrupt is corrupt!

Strongly agree with Alto. Over the top, to start brandishing members idiots because they raise a fair point. A point that holds water with the past history in Italian football. I am not saying it is the case here but it is a valid point for discussion. Given that several Seria A clubs were involved in the 2006 scandal then there is every right to raise the point. If a player/club/referee is bent, I doubt if they are bothered that it is in the CL, Seria A or a sunday morning pub game. Corrupt is corrupt!
What's the point of De Laurentis hiring a big name coach, assembling a very expensive squad for Italian standarts nowadays, battling all season with Fiorentina for the elusive third spot; and finally selling their qualification to the group stage to a team with a smaller budget. I just don't get it.

Re: UEFA Champions League Qualifiers > August 26th & 27th The mafia paid off the Napoli defenders and goalkeeper, they just worked their behinds off in the first leg and took the lead in Bilbao for the craic. :lol

The mafia paid off the Napoli defenders and goalkeeper' date=' they just worked their behinds off in the first leg and took the lead in Bilbao for the craic. :lol[/quote']You are obviosly incapable of rational discussion after historical facts shoots down your quote; "But if someone tries to tell me that one of the best sides in Italy fixed a game, I won't believe it"....Juventus 2006...still not believing? Resorting to immature tabloid style sniping hardly strenghtens your argument. Never let ignorance cloud your judgment.

Re: UEFA Champions League Qualifiers > August 26th & 27th Right, thread closed. Jackie, open a thread in General Chat if you think the Mafia were involved in Napoli's defeat last night. The match fixing with Juventus, Juventus were already champions when this took place, managers in the league came together, I am very capable of having this discussion but this is a betting forum, not one where we blame the mafia for our losing bets. Juventus were fined 31million quid, they learnt their lesson, there is not 1 legitimate reason as to why Napoli would throw a Champions League qualifier last night and there have been no reports of irregular betting patterns. IN FACT, Napoli were backed off the boards last night, so your argument doesn't stand up one bit.