** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Champions League Qualifiers > August 26th & 27th

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League Qualifiers > August 26th & 27th

Result: Zenit 3 Standard Liege 0 Both bets won :ok:ok Total stake: 12 points Total return: 12.96 + 8.72 = 21.68 points
Been a good night for you mate, very well done with your calls. :ok

About Celtics home fixture, I have to say that the odds on an out of form (hot/cold) Celtic are utterly disgraceful. Maribor did seem to offer way too much respect for Celtic in the first leg, and knowing Maribor, they will surely change their style and try to attack more. Celtic proved to be quite static at times, which could provide space for some fast counter on behalf of Maribor. For me, Celtic is far from the glory days, and with this manager and roster, I cant see them achieving anything notable this year. Their loss in domestic competition is not something which will add to their confidence, despite the fact it was a "mixed" starting eleven. Maribor will surely seek to score, but they are a well experienced side for their circumstances, and they tend to play well during the play-offs. They will probably start slow, trying not to condede, and Celtic does not strike me as a "dangerous" team up front, so I am quite tempted to back the following: HT DRAW @ 2.3 (bet365) for a couple of units, and I will back HT/FT - DRAW/Maribor @ 13.00 (2/10). @ Djigi I have to correct you on this, they are a team which plays 80% of their matches as an overwhelming favourite, usually breaking down tightly set defences. And they played as an underdog the first time around and by late they realised they can actually pressure this Celtic side, so thats what I expect this time around. The odds in this game seem way off, and they offer great value on the away side. Maribor is more than a decent team, which could easily compete in SPL, their organisation is on a formidable level, and have been steadily developing a good system for the past 10 years, hence they are the most serious team from ex-yugo, despite Dinamos episeodes in the UCL. Their size shouldnt fool anyone, they might as well kick Celtic out of UCL this year.
:ok

I dont understand of this big odds on BATE. For Slovan this will be too much, they are without form and confidance. They need to score here and this is advantage for BATE. Slovan is lacking in attack, they are without good striker, former NT attacker Vittek can play only one half of match due long term injury. Only chance to goal can come from left wing Zofcak. BATE has pretty equal team in every position. They are hosting this important game in own stadium and this can be crucial too. BATE HW @1,80 bwin
:ok

Very fortunate goal , Celtic should have equalised at end but for a weak hit. Imo efe Ambrose , boerichter , puki , mulgrew , Griffiths aren't good enough. Disapointed with their squad but hey ho
Agree with them except griffiths who would have been better than stokes tonight IMO Terrible team selection by delia , best player and top scorer on the bench again , bomb scare ambrose at right back , always leaving the right side and letting his man free, hes dire. Don't think the manager had it tbh , strange tactics and not for the first time. But ultimately the board appointed him and took the cheap route, not replacing hooper , wanyama , etc has came back to haunt us , I feel for the fans who spend spend spend and get zero in return from the board. Won't spend until we reach CL groups , how you meant to get there with average players ? Big changes needed at parkhead and I think lawwell will be for the off , the fans won't forget this , biscuit tim mentality has struck far too many times. Well done to Maribor , they came and done what they needed to do and done it well do just gotta take it on the chin and move on.

Re: UEFA Champions League Qualifiers > August 26th & 27th About tomorrows game : I like to compare Bilbao with Atletico Madrid but a bit lower in class overall. Anyways, their team spirit is amazing. Herrera left yes, but now Benat is filling up his spot. Also a great creative player maybe even better technically. Good from set pieces too! Almost the same team as last year and they did really well especially at home. At first sight I thought of two home wins in this CL tie but Bilbao did really well away from home and scored first. Napoli equalised but they had serious troubles breaking down the wall of Bilbao over 90 minutes. Now away from home Napoli has to come out and forgive me if I'm wrong but Italians don't like that. Juventus still often wins their away games but they are from a different class imo. I admit, Napoli did very well last season in their tough CL group but still they lost 2 of their 3 away games with 2-0 and 3-1. And I'm sure they don't have the same fitness level and quality now than at that moment. Season still not started in Italy and it might cost them here. Bilbao lost their season opener at the weekend but they got robbed literally.. A clear goal dissalowed by the ref from their goalie with his head. :D Stunning header to be honest, lol. But anyways, they deserved much more than the result shows and it was an away game too. Home record in the league last season was 13-4-2 with a goal difference of 42-18. Quite impressive if you'd ask me. A win over Barcelona and a draw against mighty Madrid for example. Stadium will be PACKED, debut in the CL at home and their fanatic crowd will go crazy. It might affect them in some way, and it's hard to predict how they gonna perform but one thing I know for sure is, they will fight like lions throughout the game. Really tough game for Napoli in my eyes and the unders look highly likely. Bilbao will do everything to prevent Napoli from scoring. 4-2-3-1 probably with Aduriz upfront. Equal game, pretty equal sides imo. Will be interesting to watch! I don't think there is much value in backing the home win around 2.10 so I'll skip betting pre-game but I do think they have a fair chance of qualifying in their own stadium. In my point of view when two great home teams meet : Napoli had their chance. Goodluck!

Zenit @1,37 (Marathonbet, high stakes) My biggest bet is on Zenit today. If they take this serious, it will be a walk in the park for them. Standard has difficulties in the beginning of the Belgian competition and are a lot weaker than last year. They lost their 3 most important players: Ezekiel, Batshuayi and Vainqueur. There are some new players that are okay (Trebel, Faty, Louis and Teixeira), but they need some time to learn the team. If Zenit plays like in 1st halfin Belgium, it can be a big victory for them. Still I have to admit that Zenit is a team you have to be careful with, but this Standard is to bad in my opinion. GL
3-0 and a whole half with 10, sad to say as Belgian, but good for the finances.

Re: UEFA Champions League Qualifiers > August 26th & 27th you guys are all Fu***up. you all let your emotions and History to think for your selves.. for example. maribor was DRAW NO BET on ,aribor, odds PERFECT.. took it, win it.. i'm sorry i didn't write earlier.. Any way, today - Arsenal-Besiktas draw at he end, maybe under 1,5, i think it will go to the penalties. as well as Bilbao-Napoli.. not to much goals in those two games

you guys are all Fu***up. you all let your emotions and History to think for your selves.. for example. maribor was DRAW NO BET on ,aribor, odds PERFECT.. took it, win it.. i'm sorry i didn't write earlier.. Any way, today - Arsenal-Besiktas draw at he end, maybe under 1,5, i think it will go to the penalties. as well as Bilbao-Napoli.. not to much goals in those two games
Easy to say after the game is done :D

you guys are all Fu***up. you all let your emotions and History to think for your selves.. for example. maribor was DRAW NO BET on ,aribor, odds PERFECT.. took it, win it.. i'm sorry i didn't write earlier.. Any way, today - Arsenal-Besiktas draw at he end, maybe under 1,5, i think it will go to the penalties. as well as Bilbao-Napoli.. not to much goals in those two games
I also picked Maribor and won, but I didn't rub it into people's face. Please respect other's opinion and don't be that mean. BTW, welcome to PL. :welcome I hope you'll still come back here after both Arsenal and Bilbao matches score over 2.5.:spank

Re: UEFA Champions League Qualifiers > August 26th & 27th Holy shit Celtic. We all knew scottish football were rubbish but you've hit a new low. Why even bother? On to some real Champions League football. Bilbao look strong tonight but Higuain usually does well againt the Basque. If I not mistaken it's 9 goals in 11 matches and he even scored in the reverse fixture. 2,50 + on the anytime market looks decent.

Terrible team selection by delia , best player and top scorer on the bench again , bomb scare ambrose at right back , always leaving the right side and letting his man free, he's dire.
Probably because he's not a right back :lol

Probably because he's not a right back :lol
I know but he plays there for Nigeria so should know the score. Simple solution was play him in CB with van dyke and play lustig at RB or even better leave the dumpling in the bench and play denayer. Team selection and formation all wrong , I seen it before kick off and knew it was a bad decision

Re: UEFA Champions League Qualifiers > August 26th & 27th I too like unders in both of the big matches tonight. Napoli definitely will not come out all guns blazing as that is not Rafa's style, and would be a pretty dangerous approach given Bilbao's home record. 0-0 at HT, though not ideal, would not be entirely unwelcome IMO. Bilbao will be even more content with that result and, despite having a wild crowd cheering them, I can't imagine them going all-out from the start either. I like the chances of a tentative-ish first half at least. No major team news for either side as far as I can see. I do expect Mertens to come in, probably for Insigne. Hopefully Britos will not start the match, much less at LB, and it seems as though Ghoulam will come in. Napoli have the greater experience, and I don't think it is at all out of the question for them to get as 1-0. That passage is best served with a tight, considered approach so I fancy a goalless match at HT. HT correct score 0-0 - 2.75 - 3 points - Bet365.

I cannot see why people are having a go at you. I sat at the breakfast table on Sunday morning looking at the five numbers and two lucky stars on the Euro Millions and said to the missus " I picked those numbers yesterday and knew they would come in but I didn't do them" as she threw a bowl of soggy cornflakes in my face.....why would she do that!?

Re: UEFA Champions League Qualifiers > August 26th & 27th I don't know about you, but if you watched the game in Glasgow yesterday... Celtic underperformed for sure, but Maribor played quite good football and score line could be even bigger for guests. I was totally impressed by central defender Suler and Maribor controlled the game. I don't understand why every media is talking about Celtic's failture, but nobody praise Maribor. Anyways, I'm Arsenal fan and will be objective as much as I can. Many people are talking about another upset (Besiktas to qualify), but I really don't believe Wenger and Co. will just watch them and let them win at Emirates. It's true that Arsenal have some important missings like Giroud, Ramsey and Gibbs... Home team is more mature than years before, they have a lot of experiance with qualification rounds and enought quality to win this match comfortably.

Re: UEFA Champions League Qualifiers > August 26th & 27th Athletic Bilbao to beat Napoli - 15 Points @ 2.38 Bet Victor Athletic Bilbao Half-Time-Full-Time - 3 Points @ 3.80 Athletic Bilbao -1 Goal to beat Napoli - 2 Points @ 5.00 Spreadex ------------------------------------------------------------------------- I personally fancy Bilbao to have enough to beat Napoli tonight. They did lose their league opener away to Malaga at the weekend but this is the biggest game of their season by far. They got a deserved 1-1 draw in Napoli in a game that they dominated large parts of. They were outplayed by Napoli in the second half of that game but it should be a different story playing here in the Basque country. The players will be up for it bigtime and this will be the first game in their full newly finished stadium which will be packed to the rafters too. I think the Spaniards can get themselves into the group stages tonight. Arsenal -1 Goal to beat Besiktas - 15 Points @ 2.10 Sky Bet Arsenal -2 Goals to beat Besiktas - 5 Points @ 4.00 Paddy Power ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Arsenal always qualify for the Champions League so I will be utterly shocked if they don't do the business tonight. They could only manage a 0-0 draw away to Besiktas but Turkey can be an extremely tough place to go to for any team. Arsenal started the season with a lucky 2-1 win at home to Crystal Palace and although they were 2-0 down away to Everton, I thought they showed terrific fighting spirit to bring the game back to 2-2 late on. Giroud is out for this tie but Sanchez will slot up front, he has not set the world alight yet but he is a terrific player. Ozil and Mertesacker returned v Everton which brings a lot more stability to the side and I fancy Arsenal to do the job in style tonight.

I don't know about you, but if you watched the game in Glasgow yesterday... Celtic underperformed for sure, but Maribor played quite good football and score line could be even bigger for guests. I was totally impressed by central defender Suler and Maribor controlled the game. I don't understand why every media is talking about Celtic's failture, but nobody praise Maribor. Anyways, I'm Arsenal fan and will be objective as much as I can. Many people are talking about another upset (Besiktas to qualify), but I really don't believe Wenger and Co. will just watch them and let them win at Emirates. It's true that Arsenal have some important missings like Giroud, Ramsey and Gibbs... Home team is more mature than years before, they have a lot of experiance with qualification rounds and enough quality to win this match comfortably.
I understand what you are saying SnOow, it's often the way in the press when the favourite fails to turn up. However given Celtic's past record and big European performances at Parkhead I believe that the media were right to shred them. The performance of the team was a disgrace to the name of the club. The coach (Ronny whatshisname) looked bewildered and clueless...Ronny Corbett could have done a better job. Maribor seized the day and fair play to them for doing so...don't look a gift horse in the mouth. I think Mariobor are no more than an average team and that may well be reflected in the group games. I fully believe Legia Warsaw would have battered them. On this occasion the focus is rightly on how unbelievably bad Celtic have been in their short excursion into Europe this year. No pardon granted.

I don't know about you' date=' but if you watched the game in Glasgow yesterday... Celtic underperformed for sure, but Maribor played quite good football and score line could be even bigger for guests. I was totally impressed by central defender Suler and Maribor controlled the game. I don't understand why every media is talking about Celtic's failture, but nobody praise Maribor. Anyways, I'm Arsenal fan and will be objective as much as I can. Many people are talking about another upset (Besiktas to qualify), but I really don't believe Wenger and Co. will just watch them and let them win at Emirates. It's true that Arsenal have some important missings like Giroud, Ramsey and Gibbs... Home team is more mature than years before, they have a lot of experiance with qualification rounds and enought quality to win this match comfortably.
He really is nothing special. He played in Belgium for some years with AA Gent where he played some decent matches, but made many silly mistakes.

I understand what you are saying SnOow' date=' it's often the way in the press when the favourite fails to turn up. However given Celtic's past record and big European performances at Parkhead I believe that the media were right to shred them. The performance of the team was a disgrace to the name of the club. The coach (Ronny whatshisname) looked bewildered and clueless...Ronny Corbett could have done a better job. Maribor seized the day and fair play to them for doing so...don't look a gift horse in the mouth. I think Mariobor are no more than an average team and that may well be reflected in the group games. I fully believe Legia Warsaw would have battered them. On this occasion the focus is rightly on how unbelievably bad Celtic have been in their short excursion into Europe this year. No pardon granted.[/quote'] Ok, I must agree with you. @ElPrincipito007 I didn't say Suler is smth special, but yesteday he played the best (game of his life?) among all the players on the pitch and he deservse some credit for that.

Re: UEFA Champions League Qualifiers > August 26th & 27th Malmo v Salzburg Latest odds on oddsportal: Malmo - 6.6 Draw - 4.75 Salzburg - 1.65 I have to oppose Salzburg at these odds. They were the better side in the first leg, but were also much too open at the back, giving Malmo several chances to score. The name of the game tonight is qualifying - Salzburg won't care if they win, lose or draw as long as they qualify. They could lose, say, 3-2 and go through on away goals, or lose 2-1 and go through in extra time or on penalties. A draw if also enough for Salzburg of course. Malmo have to score at least one goal - and that looks likely given the two sides' respective home and away form in Europe. Any win to nil would enough for Malmo. A narrow win in a high-scoring game would see either extra time or elimination. Background info from uefa.com http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2015/matches/round=2000547/match=2014208/prematch/background/index.html Malmo +1AH 2.16 Marathon Stake: 5 points

Re: UEFA Champions League Qualifiers > August 26th & 27th Not sure what to make with Arsenal. They usually start the season on fire before the inevitable ending up in fourth spot, but they don't seem entirely at it right now. If they were, tonight would be a balls deep job for me as Besiktas are so far below them in terms of quality. Probably see how Arsenal start in-play. Be shocked to see Besiktas get anything from this, for value hunters maybe backing 0-0 after thirty odd minutes or whatever Bet365 are offering, be around 1.80.

Re: UEFA Champions League Qualifiers > August 26th & 27th Malmoe versus Salzburg pick: Home+1 Handicap with Pinnacle for 2.18 Long time ago there was a bird called Dront/Dodo. He lived on the Island in Indian Ocean and was really big, looking powerful. However, after first contact with human world and dogs they didn't stand up a chance and today those birds don't exists anymore, even in ZOO. I think that Salzburg are something like that. They regularly beat the crap out from their opponents in their domestic league. Against teams like Rapid who lost first game to HJK Helsinki and are in deep shit right now, they must win to secure promotion for Europa League. Just look on Salzburg Champions League quals record: defeat in Azerbaijan to Karabakh this year. In last year they had a good run in Europa League, but I believe that biggest reason was that pressure was not so heavy as it's now. They try reach Champions League year after year, some of their failures were pathetic as for example against team from Luxembourg in 2012. When I looked at their games against Karabakh and first leg with Malmoe I felt that something is wrong as they could and should secure promotion earlier, but struggled to do so. Red Bull year after year gave them great amount of money. Thanks to that they became something like Celtic Glasgow in their league. Check up where is Celtic in Europe. Malmoe proved that they are able to fight back as they did against high flying team from Czech Republic. Salzburg are missing some key defenders which should be helpful as well. +1 handicap should be enough to keep me out of the danger here. Personally, I would predict a 1:1 draw, but I'm not sort a guy who runs for draws, just not my style.

Re: UEFA Champions League Qualifiers > August 26th & 27th Leverkusen v Copenhagen Leverkusen lead 3-2 from the first leg, meaning that Copenhagen have to score at least TWO goals here to qualify. Corner count in the first leg was 5-4 to Copenhagen. I think Copenhagen will attack to try to score and there is a good chance that they will get more early corners than Leverkusen. Early corner odds on Copenhagen look attractive ... Race to 3 Corners Copenhagen 3.25 Bet 365 Stake: 5 points

Malmoe versus Salzburg pick: Home+1 Handicap with Pinnacle for 2.18 Long time ago there was a bird called Dront/Dodo. He lived on the Island in Indian Ocean and was really big, looking powerful. However, after first contact with human world and dogs they didn't stand up a chance and today those birds don't exists anymore, even in ZOO. I think that Salzburg are something like that. They regularly beat the crap out from their opponents in their domestic league. Against teams like Rapid who lost first game to HJK Helsinki and are in deep shit right now, they must win to secure promotion for Europa League. Just look on Salzburg Champions League quals record: defeat in Azerbaijan to Karabakh this year. In last year they had a good run in Europa League, but I believe that biggest reason was that pressure was not so heavy as it's now. They try reach Champions League year after year, some of their failures were pathetic as for example against team from Luxembourg in 2012. When I looked at their games against Karabakh and first leg with Malmoe I felt that something is wrong as they could and should secure promotion earlier, but struggled to do so. Red Bull year after year gave them great amount of money. Thanks to that they became something like Celtic Glasgow in their league. Check up where is Celtic in Europe. Malmoe proved that they are able to fight back as they did against high flying team from Czech Republic. Salzburg are missing some key defenders which should be helpful as well. +1 handicap should be enough to keep me out of the danger here. Personally, I would predict a 1:1 draw, but I'm not sort a guy who runs for draws, just not my style.
I think Salzburg are hard to judge. They only started running away with the league in the last year, and their results in Europe in that time have been decent. Up against sides like Karabakh and Malmo is tough, where they're big favourites, you'll probably see the best performances of Salzburg if they make the group stage and play some proper sides. But I don't think I could trust Malmo. Like they showed when they drew with that Lithuanian side, they're mugs.

Re: UEFA Champions League Qualifiers > August 26th & 27th Not going to be pretty watching tonight in the Arsenal match. Prep for this one has been far from ideal, losing Giroud, Ramsey and Arteta ahead of this tie and with Ozil, Mertesacker, Koscielny all not quite 100% match fit from the looks of things at the weekend. Sanchez isn't quite on the same wavelength as his teammates yet either. So there's a lack of firepower in the Arsenal team - they didn't look anywhere near scoring at Everton until Giroud came on, and that makes this a bit of a dangerous game. If Besiktas score the away goal then I think Arsenal could be in trouble. So I reckon Wenger will go for a safety first approach that we saw quite a lot last season (mostly following those big losses). Over the past 12 months we have tended to start slowly and I think there's really great value in 0-0 at Half-time at odds of anything near 2.75 (Betfair). If the deadlock is broken in 90 minutes (got a funny feeling this one could go all the way) then I think Cazorla and Oxlade-Chamberlain look like good goalscorer shouts. Ox looked threatening against Everton on Saturday and had chances (he scuffed most of them), but the guy knows how to score. Cazorla has had a knack of scoring important goals - FA Cup being the best of the lot. He also opened the scoring in the Charity Shield. I'm expecting both players to be on the wing with Sanchez up front again but if not then the other possible option is Sanogo alone up front with Sanchez on the right at Cazorla/Ox on the left. I think Arsenal will get it over the line somehow, but can't touch the outright 90 minutes odds.

I think Salzburg are hard to judge. They only started running away with the league in the last year' date=' and their results in Europe in that time have been decent. Up against sides like Karabakh and Malmo is tough, where they're big favourites, you'll probably see the best performances of Salzburg if they make the group stage and play some proper sides. But I don't think I could trust Malmo. Like they showed when they drew with that Lithuanian side, they're mugs.[/quote'] I believe it was side from Latvia, rather stronger than teams from Lithuania. Anyway, I believe that victory over Prague gave Malmoe great morale boost. Some teams just need one great victory to move to a new level. I hope that game against Prague was the case.

Re: UEFA Champions League Qualifiers > August 26th & 27th Malmö 6.50 @ BET365 Positive harmoni in the squad compared to Salzburgs dito. Injuries on defenders, Mané suspended and the pressure that they missed CL 7 years in a row. On top of that an arena who got sold out in 5 minutes (22k) with crazy ass fans. Bye Salzburg.