Sunderland v Manchester United > Sunday August 24th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Sunderland v Manchester United (16:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.83[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.92 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Sunderland v Manchester United > Sunday August 23rd Quick thoughts on United game here..... Odds are so short on United, it's almost a huge temptation to bet them. Having dropped points at home in the opening weekend, and getting RvP back in the mix, books are just begging you to take them at this point. But, they are still without quite a number of players, and now Herrera, Fellaini and Lingard ruled out, Nani is out of England, and already without Carrick, Shaw, few others can't think of right now off the top of my head. Valencia and Welbeck may be ready, but Rojo unavailable while he waits on his working papers. Truth be told, United are a desperate team at this point in time. I know it sounds silly to say that in August still, but you cannot lose opening weekend, at home, to a much inferior Swansea side, and then back it up with a road loss to Sunderland, a team that should finish in the bottom ten, if you have any aspirations of winning the league, NO LESS making it back into Europe. Teams above them are playing well and getting stronger. Now, all this would lead one to infer I'll be making a play on United to win, and I may still, but to me, until they prove me wrong, I am going to make my big bets on overs in United game, and this one just too tempting to pass up on a big bet at o2.5 -110. United can score by the bushellfull, make no mistake about it. I do think they created many decent scoring opportunities last week (As they have in all preseason matches) and no longer play for the hopeful cross, or the set piece. They have plenty of guys out there making terrific runs - Januzaj's presence last week was a huge turn around in attack too. Herrera out may simply be addition by subtraction there. If RvP features, that just adds another attacking option, and Mata/Rooney both been playing very very well so far, and I see no reason for more of the same. I cannot trust United's defense to keep a clean sheet any time out. Each back they throw out there has some good and some bad, but not enough brilliant. Smalling is very capable in defending in the air and is decent 1v1, but is poor with the ball at his feet or covering for another defender who is caught out of position. Jones is very good in getting forward, getting the ball from the back to a midfielder and is capable on set pieces, but ffs, this guy is terrible when you make runs at him, he is caught out of position time and time again and just cannot be trusted upon to be your primary cb without capable full backs out there to cover. Evans is mediocre at best, does everything ok, but nothing well. Blackett still too young and green to make a difference. And you saw exactly what happened out there when they needed to drop Young back at full back, he was simply terrible in defense and led to the Swans winner. Do I think LvG can get this straightened/figured out? Probably, but he will need more personnel. He obviously needs athletic guys like Rojo and Shaw (in-shape) to have his system work, but right now, he has neither. So, instead he will be trying to force a round peg into a square hole and it will not work all match long. Expect btts to score here, but I do expect United to come out on top when all is said in done, as they are in a dire way for points. OVER for this weeks big bet. :cheers:

Re: Sunderland v Manchester United > Sunday August 23rd I am not crazy about the over goals in this game. A few things.... United's opening loss will have an effect on how they play. They looked much better with a back 4. For all their attacking promise they really did'nt create much last week. Everything is happening in front of a set defense, and there is no injection of pace or attacking intent. Essentially they have the same back 4 or 5 in quality as they had for the end of last seasons games. In their last 8 away games of last season they won 4, drew 2 and lost 2. Their 4 wins were all to NIL . Thus I am tempted to go for the United win 1-0, 2-0 or 3-0 bet which is 23/10 on betvictor.

Re: Sunderland v Manchester United > Sunday August 23rd 5pts Both teams to score 4/5 Bet365 I expect van Gaal to line United up with the same formation for this match which should make the game a good spectacle because I’m not convinced he has the players there to play three at the back yet, especially with no recognised left back/wing back at the minute. Sunderland are likely to be a little more expansive at home so the potential for both sides scoring in this match has to be very high. Take both teams to score here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sunderland-vs-man-utd-betting-both-sides-can-score-in-open-game-at-the-stadium-of-light

Re: Sunderland v Manchester United > Sunday August 24th Bet Man Utd -1 with Van P and Rooney up front I can't see not scoreing goals esp vs Mannone, Poyet did have good record vs the big teams last season won Chelsea x2 utd and draw at man city,but think utd strong line up ,better away than at home,we need to win,am a utd fan Bet man utd -1 7/4