** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

UEFA Super Cup - Real Madrid v Sevilla - 12th Aug

[TABLE=class: odds allOdds] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH][TABLE=class: SortLinks]

[TR] [TD=class: sortLinkLeft] [/TD] [TD=class: sortLinkRight] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [/TH] [TH]v6122.gif[/TH] [TH]v6303.gif[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH]v6452.gif[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH]v6385.gif[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH]v6312.gif[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH]v6364.gif[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH]v6287.gif[/TH] [TH]v6093.gif[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH]v6173.gif[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH] [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: AO0] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor] Real Madrid[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U]1.43[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U]1.42[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O]1.4[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O]1.4[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D]1.4[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U]1.44[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O]1.36[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U]1.43[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B U]1.44[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O]1.4[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D]1.44[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B D]1.44[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B U]1.44[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D]1.34[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D]1.4[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D]1.4[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O]1.4[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U]1.42[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B]1.44[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O]1.4[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O X]1.43[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B X]1.45[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: AO1] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor] Draw[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D]4.55[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U]4.75[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O]4.6[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O]4.75[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U]4.75[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B U]5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B]5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D]4.55[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U]4.33[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B]5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D]4.9[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U]4.6[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D]4.4[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U]4.75[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U]4.75[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D]4.2[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D]4.4[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O X]5.2[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B X]5.3[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: AO0] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor] Sevilla[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D]6.9[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D]7.25[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O]7[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O]7.25[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U]7.25[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U]7[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O]7.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D]6.9[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U]7[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O]6.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B U]8[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U]7[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D]6.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U]6.8[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U]7[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U]6.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O]7[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D]7.25[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U]7.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D]6.2[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O X]7.6[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O X D]7.8[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] Best Price Percentage: 100.3%, Bookies Only: 101.7%

Re: UEFA Super Cup - Real Madrid v Sevilla - 12th Aug Following on from this I’ve been having a look around a few sites and reckon I’ve found some good value with Marathonbet – just wanted to gauge opinion? What are other’s thoughts ahead of the game and are these good odds or have you guys found slightly better elsewhere because Madrid are pretty heavy favourites to win outright so have tried to find value. To start with, I can’t say I fancy Madrid’s defence/keeper situation too much though and after seeing them lose to United in the pre-season I reckon they’ll concede. A 2-1 Madrid win is 33/5 and seeing how Sevilla have won their last three games, including a 2-0 win over Fenerbache I can’t see them not scoring – worth it? Additionally, that new lad Rodriguez is evens to score anytime and after his Golden Boot showing over the summer I think I’m going in on that and, maybe at a push, Kevin Gameiro too. He’s 5/2 anytime and after bagging 15 La Liga goals in just over 30 appearances I reckon he’s the threat following Rakitic’s departure. Anyone found any additional odds worth a look?

Re: UEFA Super Cup - Real Madrid v Sevilla - 12th Aug I fancy Madrid here, they have strengthened and look even stronger than last season when they were an excellent side. The game is being played in Cardiff so Bale should be extra motivated to do well, bloke has obviously been in the gym a lot over the summer as he seems to resemble Hulk these days! He didn't have a pre-season last year and suffered for it, no such problems this time and he should be the most prepared of the Madrid attackers. Is Ronaldo fit? Conflicting reports on that one, apparently the Madrid medics are split on whether he should play but that is tabloid talk, we can say he has been training so should be ready to play, I don't think his knee is recovered 100% though. Plenty of the Madrid team were involved in the WC so players like Kroos have only been training for about a week. Alonso is suspended for this one and Di Maria is injured but the options they have in midfield and attack has overtaken Bayern now for me - Kroos, Khedira, Modric, Alonso, Illiarramendi, Di Maria, Isco, Rodriguez, Bale, Ronaldo, Benzema, the list is astonishing, and they might well add Falcao to the list. The fear is that the squad haven't been back training together for long enough and will be rusty, we can't know this for sure but it is certainly going to be a very impressive line-up on paper. Kroos is probably more likely to start than Rodriguez due to Alonso's absence. Sevilla had a pretty successful season last year, although they missed out on CL qualification by finishing fifth they won the UEFA Cup with a penalties win over Benfica. Star man Rakitic has left for Barcelona and he is certainly a big miss, he scored 12 goals last season and provided 10 assists, led in all passing statistics etc etc. They have lost M'Bia who has gone back on QPR and Marin who was on loan from Chelsea, both played quite a few games last season, Bacca and Gameiro will continue to form a dangerous partnership up front. I don't know too much about Sevilla, but other than Rakitic - who hasn't been replaced - the squad doesn't look much weaker than last season. Full back Moreno will play in the match but is joining Liverpool after. It is not quite clear how Madrid will integrate Rodriguez into their system, they generally looked better playing 4-3-3 than the 4-2-3-1 which would suit Rodriguez more, either way I doubt if Rodriguez will start this match. Di Maria's running power will be missed but overall Madrid have far more quality and I think on the big stage they generally deliver. Sevilla will replace Rakitic as they have many important players in recent years but they haven't yet and he is big shoes to fill in the central midfield position, he keeps the team moving and provides so much of their creativity. Nothing much to get excited about on the odds but I'll have a small play on Madrid. Real Madrid -1.0AH - 1.67 - pinnacle - 2 Points Real Madrid -1.0,-1.5AH - 1.94 - pinnacle - 2 Points

Re: UEFA Super Cup - Real Madrid v Sevilla - 12th Aug Real Madrid are bringing quality players to Cardiff, with the likes of Bale, Ronaldo, Benzema, James all expected to take part in this encounter. With such great talents they are understandably favorites to lift the trophy, but I am expecting Sevilla to give them a good game tomorrow. As pre-season results show, Madrid are not yet quite the team they probably will be in a few months time, especially defensively (they conceded in all 3 official friendly games), while Sevilla has had some fine results themselves (4-0-1), showing good physical form and scoring in each of them. I believe they should be better organized tomorrow, as a team. Given the above, I do expect Sevilla to score at least once, while Madrid players can produce goals out of nothing on their day, so both to score @ over 2.5 @1.9 seems to be a good bet for me I have taken it with bet365 cheers lads!

Re: UEFA Super Cup - Real Madrid v Sevilla - 12th Aug 4pts Real Madrid (-1) to beat Sevilla 11/10 BetVictor Sevilla will have to be at their very best to cope with this star studded Madrid line up. Although it is still very early in the season you would think Madrid will want to take the opportunity to lay a marker down for the season to come and witht he stars they will have on show I think they will do that. Sevilla will be spirited and give their all but I expect them to come up short. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/real-madrid-vs-sevilla-betting-madrid-s-all-stars-can-land-another-big-prize

Re: UEFA Super Cup - Real Madrid v Sevilla - 12th Aug Everyone's backing Real Madrid then … I had a look at the wiki record for these finals which is nicely colour coded - yellow for the UEFA Cup/Europa League and blue for the Champions League - it looks as though the Europa League winners have a good record in this competition. Both CL and EL/Uefa Cup winners have won 10 each of the last 20 finals http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UEFA_Super_Cup_matches I also noticed the attendances on the right of the table - averaging around 17,000 recently. I suppose that's because it's at a neutral stadium, but it also suggests a lack of interest and perhaps a lack of motivation which might favour the 'lesser' sides. Madrid could easily win by a few goals tonight, but on the basis of the stats above, I've got to go for Sevilla tonight at long odds: Sevilla +1AH 2.52 Marathon Stake: 5 points Sevilla AH0 6.6 Marathon Stake: 3 points

Re: UEFA Super Cup - Real Madrid v Sevilla - 12th Aug

bacca is not avaible? how could you get this news?
Bacca is available. Probably he will be in the starting lineup. Gameiro is also in the list. Probable lineups Real Madrid: Casillas (sure, Ancelotti said that he will play that game), Carvajal, Pepe, Ramos, Coentrao; Modric, Kroos, James; Bale, Ronaldo, Benzema. Ancelotti played with that team the last training before the match. Sevilla: Beto; Coke, Fazio, Pareja, Moreno; Carriço, Iborra; Reyes, Vitolo, Denis Suárez; Bacca. Denis Suárez has been the sensation of the pre-season, he's on loan from Barcelona (former Man City player) and he did pretty well last games at Barcelona B. Only Varas (third keeper) and Trochowski are sidelined for this game for Sevilla. Coke is doubtful with broken nose. For me the best bet is Bale to score, around 2.10. He's been so far the best player en Madrid pre-season, physically he's on the best moment since last season at Tottenham, he took the leadership role and played strong.

Is Ronaldo alright and ready to play this evening? At this point I don't know which news is reliable...
He's been training normally and every report I've read in the last couple of days has said he will.

Re: UEFA Super Cup - Real Madrid v Sevilla - 12th Aug Lineups - Real Madrid: Casilla, Pepe, Ramos, Coentrao, Ronaldo, Kroos, Benzema, James, Bale, Carvajal, Modric That midfield...:loon:loon:loon Sevilla: Beto, Fazio, Navarro, Pareja, Coke, Krychowiak, Carriço, Suárez, Vitolo, Parreu, Bacca. #RealMadridSevilla #SuperCup Source: https://twitter.com/realmadriden

Re: UEFA Super Cup - Real Madrid v Sevilla - 12th Aug RealMadrid v Sevilla; CarloAncelotti has named superstars Ronaldo, Bale, Benzema and Rodriguezin his starting XI tonight. This is arguably the strongest attack inthe world as things stand and it's going to take some stopping, solet's hope Sevilla are up for it. Duringthe summer, Sevilla have lost their star midfielder Ivan Rakitic toBarcelona and have brought in, some young, adequate replacements,albeit not at the same level as Rakitic. Theyhave had a very active pre-season, winning the majority of theirfriendlies. Somestats / extra: Thelast 13 La Liga meetings between these two sides have seen 64 goalsscore at an average of just under 5 goals per game. -RealMadrid have won 9 of the last 11 fixtures against Sevilla in allcompetitions. -GarethBale scored 2 and chipped in with 2 assists in two league appearancesagainst them last year. -CristianoRonaldo has scored 16 goals in 9 La Liga games against Sevilla. -MarkClattenberg is referee tonight - he has been 'very card happy' inrecent matches. -NoAlberto Moreno for Sevilla who is on the verge of signing forLiverpool. Bacca plays. Prediction: Relentlessattacking from both sides. Sevilla simply can't sit back, and RealMadrid? Well their line up says it all. Extremely lively game withBale playing back in his country / home stadium. BACKReal Madrid to WIN & 3 or 4 goals in the game at 2/1 BACKGareth Bale ANYTIME SCORER at 11/10 Thanks forreading, enjoy the match and good luck with any bets!

Everyone's backing Real Madrid then … I had a look at the wiki record for these finals which is nicely colour coded - yellow for the UEFA Cup/Europa League and blue for the Champions League - it looks as though the Europa League winners have a good record in this competition. Both CL and EL/Uefa Cup winners have won 10 each of the last 20 finals http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UEFA_Super_Cup_matches I also noticed the attendances on the right of the table - averaging around 17,000 recently. I suppose that's because it's at a neutral stadium, but it also suggests a lack of interest and perhaps a lack of motivation which might favour the 'lesser' sides. Madrid could easily win by a few goals tonight, but on the basis of the stats above, I've got to go for Sevilla tonight at long odds: Sevilla +1AH 2.52 Marathon Stake: 5 points Sevilla AH0 6.6 Marathon Stake: 3 points
FT: Real 2 Sevilla 0 Both bets lost Deserved win for Real from what I saw

I fancy Madrid here, they have strengthened and look even stronger than last season when they were an excellent side. The game is being played in Cardiff so Bale should be extra motivated to do well, bloke has obviously been in the gym a lot over the summer as he seems to resemble Hulk these days! He didn't have a pre-season last year and suffered for it, no such problems this time and he should be the most prepared of the Madrid attackers. Is Ronaldo fit? Conflicting reports on that one, apparently the Madrid medics are split on whether he should play but that is tabloid talk, we can say he has been training so should be ready to play, I don't think his knee is recovered 100% though. Plenty of the Madrid team were involved in the WC so players like Kroos have only been training for about a week. Alonso is suspended for this one and Di Maria is injured but the options they have in midfield and attack has overtaken Bayern now for me - Kroos, Khedira, Modric, Alonso, Illiarramendi, Di Maria, Isco, Rodriguez, Bale, Ronaldo, Benzema, the list is astonishing, and they might well add Falcao to the list. The fear is that the squad haven't been back training together for long enough and will be rusty, we can't know this for sure but it is certainly going to be a very impressive line-up on paper. Kroos is probably more likely to start than Rodriguez due to Alonso's absence. Sevilla had a pretty successful season last year, although they missed out on CL qualification by finishing fifth they won the UEFA Cup with a penalties win over Benfica. Star man Rakitic has left for Barcelona and he is certainly a big miss, he scored 12 goals last season and provided 10 assists, led in all passing statistics etc etc. They have lost M'Bia who has gone back on QPR and Marin who was on loan from Chelsea, both played quite a few games last season, Bacca and Gameiro will continue to form a dangerous partnership up front. I don't know too much about Sevilla, but other than Rakitic - who hasn't been replaced - the squad doesn't look much weaker than last season. Full back Moreno will play in the match but is joining Liverpool after. It is not quite clear how Madrid will integrate Rodriguez into their system, they generally looked better playing 4-3-3 than the 4-2-3-1 which would suit Rodriguez more, either way I doubt if Rodriguez will start this match. Di Maria's running power will be missed but overall Madrid have far more quality and I think on the big stage they generally deliver. Sevilla will replace Rakitic as they have many important players in recent years but they haven't yet and he is big shoes to fill in the central midfield position, he keeps the team moving and provides so much of their creativity. Nothing much to get excited about on the odds but I'll have a small play on Madrid. Real Madrid -1.0AH - 1.67 - pinnacle - 2 Points WIN Real Madrid -1.0,-1.5AH - 1.94 - pinnacle - 2 Points WIN
Fairly straightforward victory with Madrid having far more firepower and Sevilla missing Rakitic. Good night for me overall, some good calls on the forum.

• 1 year later...

Zidane said that Ronaldo, Kroos, Benzema and Pepe won't play against Sevilla. Also he said that Bale and Navas won't play. This is big opportunity for Sevilla to surprise Real Madrid. My tip for this match is draw, and I found early odds on twitter @betinasia. Real Madrid - Sevilla 1.71/ 5.21/4.14 :-)

UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid VS Sevilla

Sevilla are now Super Cup regulars and are appearing in this European football season "opener" for the 5th time in the last 11 seasons. The previous four have produced 17 goals, including a 4-4 draw with Barcelona in 90 minutes last year, Sevilla have scored eight of those goals and are certainly not afraid to take the game the Champions League winner. La Liga games between Real and Los Rojiblancos offer even more promise of goals, with the last ten h2h meetings producing 47 goals with five going "over" the 4.5 goal line. The two most recent (last season) saw four goals in the capital and five in Seville and draws are incredibly rare, none in the last 20, 15 wins for Real, 5 for Sevilla.

There is no Cristiano Ronaldo , Gareth Bale, Pepe or Toni Kroos in the Real squad (see below) , but Real have wins and goals in their absence in pre season with victories over Bayern Munich and Chelsea and three goals inside the opening 38 minutes in the latter and there are plenty of players looking to impress and showcase their talents in the absence of the two big offensive stars. Sevilla are much changed since winning the Europa League , head coach Unai Emery has moved on to PSG and been replaced by Copa America winner Jorge Sampaoli , top scorer Kévin Gameiro has joined Atletico Madrid , Éver Banega has moved to Inter and Grzegorz Krychowiak has joined Emery in Paris. That is a lot of talent to lose, but Sevilla have been here before and are usually in a rebuilding process of some sort. They have spent some 60€m on new players and got a couple more on loan from Atletico as part of the Gameiro deal, one of whom, Luciano Vietto looked very lively in a friendly with Granada last week, that was Sevilla's sixth win in six warm up games and they looked good, really pressing hard and from the front, looking well ahead in terms of preparation and they played their first friendly, eleven days before Real. Sampaoli says his team needs time and that is true of course, but they look set to do themselves justice and give Real a very close game, the Argentine coach spoke about wanting to win this game, but about about it having to be in "the right way" and not at any cost and regardless of who is on the pitch, it is easy to see this game getting very stretched at times and the new head coach added: 'I want my team to focus more on the goal in front of them than the one behind them "

When Sevilla were pressing hard from the front against Granada they did get caught out once or twice and they will be vulnerable on the break. So it is easy to see goals, but Real are weakened today, their 20 man squad contains three keepers and four of the goals in warm up came from full backs, several of the 17 outfield players are said to be well short of up to 90 minutes currently and whilst we seem sure to see goals, I favour Sevilla with a new coach to impress and he the media, I feel they are a week or so ahead of Real and that the best value is with the "underdog".

Sevilla +0.25 at 2.33 asian line /Sportmarket