Nap of the Day - Monday 11th Aug 2014

Re: Nap of the Day - Monday 11th Aug 2014 15.45 Wolverhampton: Shahrazad @ 6/1 Boylesports New surface at Wolverhampton today - interesting to see how it goes. It should be a huge change to what was in the last couple of month before the relay, in terms of kickback. However AW surfaces in general tend to favour horses ridden up or close to the pace in my mind, and that won't change with Tapeta. Intriguing enough, there is loads of pace in this race today and I would imagine you might have to stay bit further than the 7f to be in with a chance. The lightly raced favourite Malyana makes plenty of appeal on the weights, and form she showed during the winter month. If she is fit after a break, she'll be in with a big shout. However she is quite a short price and fitness has to be taken on trust, so I rather like to go with proven class here. My selection Shahrazad goes well on the All-Weather and has winning form from 7-10f. She is best when up with the pace, which she wasn't in her most recent starts. I expect a change of tactics today, back to front-running style or something very much up with the pace. The fact that she stays further than the 7f trip counts as a bonus and only 1lb above her last winning mark, she makes appeal. Even more so with De Sousa booked for the ride. Trainer and jockey had only two rides together last year - both successful! So I imagine if this top class jockey is booked today, then there is a big run expected.

Re: Nap of the Day - Monday 11th Aug 2014 royal duchess 3.00 ayr. horse for courses and i feel this one will show much better form now returning to a track thats liked. no trip and ground worries and the handicapper gives a chance if returning to something like best, so every chance at a decent price for me. 0.5 pts ew 9/1 ladbrokes bog

Re: Nap of the Day - Monday 11th Aug 2014

solarmate 0.5e/w 4.15 wolves 16/1 bet365 ran only 4 days ago and going off at 7/2 connections obviously fancied solarmate to be treated to a largely disapointing run,again the quick re appearance,4 pound better off than last run and the 16/1 available in a 8 horse contest says to me this is screaming out to be backed e/w..but then again my record this month is 9 duckeggs on the naps table so a lay might be the bet:unsure
non runner will try 0.5 e/w dancingwithangels 7/1 skybet 17.50 ballenrobe thanks

Re: Nap of the Day - Monday 11th Aug 2014 4.30 Ayr - Tango Sky win @ 9/1 BetVictor Tango Sky ran against a few of these last time out and while he finished 8th it was a bunch finish and he wasn't even 3 lengths behind the winner. I thought his run was stopped a couple of times in that race and he was caught on the inside and couldn't really make progress forward. I'm not saying he would've got up to win but with a clear run he would've got closer. The capable George Chaloner is on board and effectively takes him down to his last winning mark so he looks to have a good chance here. The cheek-pieces are back on which looks a plus and if he can get a clear run through then he should go well.

Re: Nap of the Day - Monday 11th Aug 2014

5.00 Ayr - Autumn Tide win 7/2 bet365 Won well after a lay off lto over CD and running under a penalty today might be ahead of the handicapper. Tongue tie on lto and hood added as well for first time , did show improvement when cheekpieces were added so acts well in headgear.
was between this and Ingleby symphony to choose as nap lol cant remember last time i had a winner lol

Re: Nap of the Day - Monday 11th Aug 2014 Still to run;

:eyes Good luck to Fergal - everyone deserves a second chance. Anyway... 8:00 Thirsk - Ahoy There (12/1 Bet365) 1pt Win Well beaten on last run of 2yo career but that was in a good quality race, form of win in run previous to that looks pretty good in light of the subsequent progression of the 2nd and 3rd placed runners. Was withdrawn last week after being well backed and that is usually a good guide to the chances of Tom Tate runners so it seems that he may well be fit and ready to go tomorrow and the ground should be much more suitable for the son of Captain Rio tomorrow
8.10 windsor Dream Impossible @ 6/4 PP
8.00 - Thirsk Bertha Burnett - Win - 10/1 @ Coral