** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

August 11 - August 17

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: August 11 - August 17 Back Simona Halep to win WTA Cincinnati for a 4/10 stake at 9.00 with Bet365 If she plays well, she'll be a real contender for the tile. If she doesn't, I'll just sigh and move on. The bottom line is that the odds are inflated here due to the fact that she hasn't played for quite some time now, which can be a problem, but I think that she's one of those players that don't need a lot of match practice to play their best, so I can definitely see her dealing with that in style. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wta-cincinnati-betting-simona-halep-looks-value-to-shine-in-cincinnati-this-week

Re: August 11 - August 17 Back Tsvetana Pironkova to win the third quarter for a 1/10 stake at 41.00 with BetVictor Back Elina Svitolina to win the third quarter for a 1/10 stake at 19.00 with BetVictor Back Camila Giorgi to win the third quarter for a 1/10 stake at 19.00 with Bet365 Back Sorana Cirstea to win the third quarter for a 1/10 stake at 34.00 with BetVictor I have plenty of doubts about the Kvitova-Ivanovic-Bouchard trio, so I am happy to split my four-point stake between Pironkova, Svitolina, Giorgi and Cirstea in the third quarter. All four have enough hitting power to go far if the surface turns out to be as quick as I expect it to and all four are capable of upsetting the bigger names, so betting on them looks better than backing someone from the aforementioned favorites. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wta-cincinnati-betting-petra-kvitova-to-struggle-for-the-second-week-in-a-row

Re: August 11 - August 17 Back Jack Sock to beat Tommy Robredo for a 7/10 stake at 2.42 with Pinnacle The Cincinnati conditions should be quicker than the conditions in Toronto, so I think that Robredo isn't going to go very far this week. Sock has been playing well recently - he just hasn't had any luck with the draws - so 2.42 looks like a price worth taking to me given that the conditions should suit him more than they should suit the Spaniard. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sock-vs-robredo-betting-jack-sock-has-what-it-takes-to-defeat-tommy-robredo-on-monday

Re: August 11 - August 17 Back Jeremy Chardy to beat Philipp Kohlschreiber for a 7/10 stake at 2.20 with Bet365 At odds against, I am more than happy to back Jeremy Chardy in this match. Kohlschreiber has been very disappointing recently and he has a 0-2 record against the Frenchman, so this doesn't look like the ideal match for him to bounce back. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/chardy-vs-kohlschreiber-betting-jeremy-chardy-to-complete-his-hat-trick-over-philipp-kohlschreiber

Re: August 11 - August 17 Back Karin Knapp to beat Belinda Bencic for a 7/10 stake with Marathonbet @ 1,80 After Wimbledon, Belinda Bencic has played only one match in Istanbul (clay), where she lost badly against Wozniacki (6-0 6-0). Karin Knapp, instead, has passed the qualifying round in Montreal and now in Cincinnati (yesterday beating a good player like Monica Puig). So 1,80 seems like a good price.

Re: August 11 - August 17 Back Marcel Granollers to win over 11,5 games for a 7/10 stake with Pinnacle @ 1,775 Verdasco returns to play on hard after a long time. Infact, after Wimbledon, he has only played on clay, where in the last 4 matches he always lost at least one set. So, I think that Granollers can win at least 12 games. h2h 2-0 Granollers (both on clay)

Re: August 11 - August 17

any reason about dropping odds on chardy?
See
Back Jeremy Chardy to beat Philipp Kohlschreiber for a 7/10 stake at 2.20 with Bet365 At odds against, I am more than happy to back Jeremy Chardy in this match. Kohlschreiber has been very disappointing recently and he has a 0-2 record against the Frenchman, so this doesn't look like the ideal match for him to bounce back. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/chardy-vs-kohlschreiber-betting-jeremy-chardy-to-complete-his-hat-trick-over-philipp-kohlschreiber

Re: August 11 - August 17 Back Chanelle Scheepers to beat (+3 games) Flavia Pennetta for a 7/10 stake with Pinnacle @ 1,74 After Wimbledon, Pennetta is back to playing only last week in Montreal where she lost in two sets against Putintseva. I think that today we'll see a balanced match.

Re: August 11 - August 17 Back Caroline Wozniacki (-6,5 games) to beat Magdalena Rybarikova for a 8/10 stake with Bet365 @ 1,83 Rybarikova is not in a good period. In the last 5 matches, she has won only one game. Wozniacki is in a very good perdiod. In the last 9 matches on hard she lost a match against Serena 2-1. For me, she can cover this handicap very easy.

Re: August 11 - August 17 G.Simon vs B.Tomic 1 2.50 Pinnacle Sports Today I recommend to bet on Gil Simon against Bernard Tomic. Odd on Gil is rising and on Pinnacle Sports you can bet on French with odd 2.50. In my opinion it’s very good odd to play. In my view odds should be strongly different and it should be 1.50 odd for Simon and 2.50 odd for Tomic. I think it’s not necessary to introduce both players. Bernard and Gil play very often in ATP 1000 tournaments. Match will be played on hard court where both players feel very well. Tomi? had to qualify for the tournament. He won against F.Dustov in 2 sets and also against M.Ebden. Scores of these matches are not excellent because Bernard could lost set in both matches. He was loosing 4-1 against Dustov in first set with double loss of service, in turn in second match against Ebden he was loosing 4-2 in second set. In my opinion it’s express sign that Tomic is in not very well condition because in this moment Dustov and Ebden aren’t so good to make some trouble to player on that level. I have impression that bookmakers were looking mainly on tournament in Columbia (Bogota) when were making odds for this match because Tomi? won that tournament. I don’t want to detract his success in Columbia but it wasn’t impressive for me because that tournament is casted very weak. After tournament in Bogota Tomic lost against D.Istomin and I.Karlovic. That’s way I suggest to bet on G. Simon. He showed nice tennis winning 2-1 against T.Thiema, and then he played very good match against T.Robredo but it was not enough to win. In my opinion Simon is decidedly more regular and in better condition. In that match they will play at the outside 3 sets so condition will not have the main role but Tomic played 2 matches in qualification and it could be hard for him to play 3 sets today and I think he couldn’t manage with that challenge. Good luck

Re: August 11 - August 17 J.Isner vs K.Anderson +2,5 games K.Anderson 1.50 Pinnacle Sports I suggest to bet on gem handicap for Kevin Anderson. We can call Isner and Kevin Anderson as two towers. Isner is 208 cm tall, in turn Kevin Anderson is 203 cm tall. Both of them have very strong service and flat forehand. Match will be played on, in my opinion, very fast hard in Cincinnati so it will be very hard to break each other. It’s very probably that match will end with at least 1 tie-break, and in my opinion there could be more tie-breaks. Josh Isner played two uninspired tournaments. First in Toronto and second in Washington. In both matches he lost in first round. In Washington he lost 2-1 against S.Johnson, in turn in Toronto he lost also 2-1 against I.Dodig. In Canada Isner disappointed especially because he lost against player who come back after injury. In turn K.Anderson played very good tournament ATP in Toronto where he promote to quarter-final and there he lost narrowly against G.Dimitrov. People who watched these game know that K.Anderson should win this match. He had no luck but leaving it out Kevin played very good game against Dimitrov. To be honest I haven’t seen this player playing better than in that match. I have to add Kevin made a surprise winning against S.Wawrinka in 2 sets last round. To sum up I think Kevin could win whole match against John Isner but I don’t want to risk and I prefer to play on Anderson with gem handicap +2,5. Good luck.

Re: August 11 - August 17 Back Feliciano Lopez to beat Marin Cilic for a 7/10 stake at 2.80 with Pinnacle Unless fatigue becomes a problem for Lopez, he should have every chance against Cilic in this one. He went far in Cincinnati last year, so the conditions seem to be to his liking, and he's got some good form to fall back on, so 2.80 looks like value to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/lopez-vs-cilic-betting-feliciano-lopez-looks-value-to-progress-to-the-second-round

Re: August 11 - August 17 Back Vasek Pospisil to beat Radek Stepanek for a 8/10 stake at 1.72 with Pinnacle Stepanek just can't be trusted at the moment, as he looked very suspect against Malek Jaziri in Washington and Gael Monfils in Toronto. Nothing seems to be wrong with Pospisil, on the other hand, so I quite fancy him to beat the Czech veteran today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pospisil-vs-stepanek-betting-vasek-pospisil-has-what-it-takes-to-beat-radek-stepanek-in-cincinnati

Re: August 11 - August 17 Back Barbora Zahlavova-Strycova Total Games - Over 9 for a 7/10 stake at 1.97 with Pinnacle Back Barbora Zahlavova-Strycova to beat Viktoria Azarenka for a 3/10 stake at 3.73 with Pinnacle Azarenka looked awful against Radwanska last week and her knee is of some concern as well, so I wouldn't dare to write Barbora Zahlavova-Strycova off in this one. Unless her head stops her, she should be very competitive today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/zahlavova-strycova-vs-azarenka-betting-viktoria-azarenka-looks-set-to-struggle-in-her-opening-match-in-cincinnati

Re: August 11 - August 17 Back Nicole Gibbs to beat Christina McHale for a 7/10 stake at 2.50 with Ladbrokes Christina McHale doesn't seem to be in a particularly good nick right now, while Gibbs has already beaten Yaroslava Shvedova and Francesca Schiavone in Cincinnati, so I am more than happy to back her at odds that are well above evens for no apparent reason. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/gibbs-vs-mchale-betting-nicole-gibbs-can-continue-her-run-with-a-victory-over-christina-mchale

Re: August 11 - August 17 Back Lucie Safarova to beat Venus Williams for a 7/10 stake with Marathonbet @ 1,98 Venus has played a great tournament in Montreal where she lost in the final round against Radwanska. She has beaten good players like Kerber, her sister Serena and Suarez Navarro playing tough matches. So I think that today she will be tired.

Re: August 11 - August 17

Back Lucie Safarova to beat Venus Williams for a 7/10 stake with Marathonbet @ 1,98 Venus has played a great tournament in Montreal where she lost in the final round against Radwanska. She has beaten good players like Kerber, her sister Serena and Suarez Navarro playing tough matches. So I think that today she will be tired.
I was tempted to jump on this train, too, after watching Venus in the final against Aga, but then I checked Safarova's results in Cinci in past years. She lost in round 1 as moderate fav in straight sets both in 2012 (Shvedova) and 2013 (Mona Barthel). Moreover she is 0-4 H2H against Venus. So though I think Lucie should play better than the old Venus, I can't put my money on this one. I shall just sit and watch.

Re: August 11 - August 17 Back Sloane Stephens to win over 11,5 games for a 7/10 stake with Pinnacle @ 1,775 Petkovic is in a great period: she won the tournament in Bad Gastein and has reached the semifinals in Stanford. Nevertheless I think that today Sloane can play a good match. Here, last year, she won against Maria Sharapova. h2h 2-1 Stephens who won the most recent (both 2013).

Re: August 11 - August 17 Back Pauline Parmentier (+1.5 sets) to beat Carla Suarez Navarro at 2.11 with DafaBet Carla did very well last week at Montreal, and I was somewhat surprised seeing her loosing to Venus. She struggled a bit against Pironkova yesterday (dropping one set 1-6), and honestly I expect that to happen once again today against Parmentier. The French lady came from the qualifications, where she beat two decent players in Pliskova and Torro-Flor, then won in the first round in straight sets against Dellacqua. At this point I would rather ignore the H2H stats - which actually favors Parmentier 3-1 - as all those matches were played on clay and a couple of years ago, but I feel at least one set should be on the cards for Pauline.

Re: August 11 - August 17 Back Samantha Stosur (+5.5 games) to beat Serena Williams at 2.10 with PaddyPower Serena is after a long and tiring week, and I'm not quite sure if she will be at her best today. Indeed, the Pitbull demolished Stosur last week at Montreal, but I have a feeling this time the scoreboard will look differently. I am pretty sure that Sam wants to bounce back and put in a much solid performance.