** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

August 11 - August 17

Re: August 11 - August 17 Back S.Stephens/B.Zahlavova-Strycova - Over 20.5 games for a 7/10 stake at 1.84 with Pinnacle This looks like a long match to me in all fairness. Both ladies are capable of playing excellent tennis before producing a couple of really poor games out of the blue, so chances are that neither will be able to dominate the proceedings in this match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/stephens-vs-zahlavova-strycova-betting-neither-of-the-two-should-be-able-to-dominate-in-cincinnati-today

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: August 11 - August 17 Back A.Beck/J.Jankovic - Over 19.5 games for a 7/10 stake at 1.85 with Pinnacle Jankovic has been really lackluster recently, so I expect her to struggle against Annika Beck, who's already beaten three decent players in Cincinnati and who has enough power to match Jankovic from the back of the baseline. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/beck-vs-jankovic-betting-annika-beck-not-to-be-underestimated-against-jelena-jankovic

Re: August 11 - August 17 Back A. Murray/J. Sousa- Under 18.5 games for a 8/10 stake at 2.00 with Bet365 Sousa won very hard against Buchanan and i don't think he can put Murray's problems. The Scot he seems to be playing well at the moment, so I believe that he's going to beat Sousa withe some ease.

Re: August 11 - August 17 Back K.Knapp/A.Pavlyuchenkova - Over 20.5 games for a 7/10 stake at 1.94 with Pinnacle Karin Knapp hasn't done much wrong in recent weeks, so I can definitely see her challenging Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova today. Consistency is just nowhere to be seen in the Russian's game at the moment, so there's a good chance that this isn't going to be a walk in the park for her. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/knapp-vs-pavlyuchenkova-betting-karin-knapp-has-what-it-takes-to-trouble-anastasia-pavlyuchenkova-on-wednesday

Re: August 11 - August 17 Back Gael Monfils to beat Roberto Bautista-Agut for a 7/10 stake at 1.88 with Unibet Monfils should win this much more often than not in my opinion. He dropped a set against Delbonis, but he got there quite comfortably in the end, so, given that Bautista-Agut wasn't that great against Klizan yesterday either, I am happy to go with the better hard court player of the two here at these odds. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/monfils-vs-bautista-agut-betting-gael-monfils-can-get-the-job-done-against-roberto-bautista-agut

Re: August 11 - August 17 Back Elina Svitolina (+ 4,5 games) to beat Petra Kvitova for 7/10 stake with Pinnacle @ 1,84 Elina is in a great period: she reached the quartefinals in Istanbul, she won the title in Baku and, here in Cincinnati, she won easily against Lauren Davis. Kvitova, instead, has played only two matches after Wimbledon (she lost against Makarova).

Re: August 11 - August 17 Even so, i do believe that Kvitova will win and most probably in three sets as she is much more talented and strong, yes you are right she played only in two matches after Wimbledon but i would not go against her in this match

Re: August 11 - August 17 Back David Ferrer (-2,5 games) to beat Philipp Kohlschreiber for a 7/10 stake with Pinnacle @ 1,854 I saw Kohlschreiber in the first round against Chardy, and if he will play at the same level, I think that Ferrer can cover the handicap easily.

Re: August 11 - August 17 M.Raonic vs R.Ginepri +3,5 games R.Ginepri Pinnacle Sports 2.70 Today I recommend to play on Robbi Ginepri with gem handicap +3,5 with 2.7 odd in Pinnacle Sports. In my opinion it’s very valuable odd. Raonic and Ginepri are well known. Why I recommend to play on experienced American with gem handicap? First of all we have to look at last their matches. Milos Raonic won big tournament ATP 500 in Washington and in the next tournament in Toronto he lost in quarterfinal. I watched both tournaments very accurately and Milos was playing very good in Washington but in Toronto he was playing decidedly worse. From the first match Milos was losing sets against Jack Sock and Julien Benneteau. It shouldn’t happen to player on that level. I think that the most important could be fact that in the last match (against Fele Lopez) Milos played in dreadful way. Milos was moving very weak on the court. He had coordinative problems (it could be caused by the fact Milos was playing in new shoes from NB series). That’s only my observation and you may don’t agree with me but in my opinion problem with shoes was apparent. To sum up Milos form is not regular in this moment. In turn Roby Ginepri plays very good on hard courts in USA. He was brought up on hard courts and he still can play very well on hard court. He won in nice style against Dominik Thiem yesterday. I think it’s not sure that Ginepri win today, what’s more I think he may lost after bitter fight. In my opinion Robi can do that because Milos very often is winning sets in tie-breaks. It’s very possible scenario for that match. In my opinion the odd is very valuable. Good luck.

Re: August 11 - August 17 Back Vasek Pospisil (+4.5 games) to beat Roger Federer for a 6/10 stake @1.80 on bet365 A bit of a speculative bet but the majority of players who did well last week in Toronto are having problems in Cincinati (Tsonga, Dimitrov, Anderson - all out). For this reason i will try a bet against Federer. Fatigue could be a factor tonight and Pospisil is in good form and might cause problems to Roger. Good luck!

Re: August 11 - August 17

Thanks for the support' date=' although I am afraid that it really is 1-4 for the week (Pospisil x Chardy, Sock, Gibbs, Lopez) :\.[/quote'] oops sorry, i thought you meant yesterday. i took my son to the ITF WOMEN - SINGLES: Woking-Foxhills today and we both thoroughly enjoyed it. very impressed with quirine lemoine (ranked 390) after beating cristina-andreea mitu (ranked 159). a great day out, free too! i hope to be back for the semis on friday and final on saturday.:ok

Re: August 11 - August 17 Back Annika Beck (+5,5 games) to beat Jelena Jankovic for a 7/10 stake with Pinnacle @ 1,636 Annika Beck is playing well in this tournament. She has passed the qualification rounds easily: 6-1 6-3 Oudin and 6-2 6-3 Barthel and last round she has beaten Garbin Muguruza. Jelena Jankovic, instead, has played a good tournament in 2013 edition. For her, today, will be the third match after Wimbledon (in Montreal she lost against Vandeweghe). Probably she will win this match but not so easily.

Re: August 11 - August 17 Back Stanislas Wawrinka (-2) to beat Marin Cilic for a 7/10 stake at 1.94 with Pinnacle I quite like the look of Stanislas Wawrinka on the handicap line today, as I simply can't bring myself to trust Cilic at the moment, who doesn't look to have enough to seriously challenge the Swiss number two today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wawrinka-vs-cilic-betting-stanislas-wawrinka-to-beat-marin-cilic-with-something-to-spare-in-cincinnati

Re: August 11 - August 17 Back Gael Monfils (+1.5 sets) to beat Roger Federer for a 7/10 stake at 1.92 with Pinnacle I can't see Roger Federer having enough energy to fight for every single point today, so I fancy Gael Monfils, who beat Roberto Bautista-Agut in a surprisingly straightforward fashion in the previous round, to take at least a set off him today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/monfils-vs-federer-betting-gael-monfils-to-take-at-least-a-set-off-the-swiss-number-one-today

Back Gael Monfils (+1.5 sets) to beat Roger Federer for a 7/10 stake at 1.92 with Pinnacle I can't see Roger Federer having enough energy to fight for every single point today, so I fancy Gael Monfils, who beat Roberto Bautista-Agut in a surprisingly straightforward fashion in the previous round, to take at least a set off him today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/monfils-vs-federer-betting-gael-monfils-to-take-at-least-a-set-off-the-swiss-number-one-today
I second this, completely agreed with your analysis. I think it even worth putting a smaller stake on Monfils' win.

Back Samantha Stosur (+5.5 games) to beat Serena Williams at 2.10 with PaddyPower Serena is after a long and tiring week, and I'm not quite sure if she will be at her best today. Indeed, the Pitbull demolished Stosur last week at Montreal, but I have a feeling this time the scoreboard will look differently. I am pretty sure that Sam wants to bounce back and put in a much solid performance.
This was easy, I get exactly what expected. :ok Shame about Parmentier, as that was not a completely missed pick at all. She was in front with a break in both sets, even serving for winning the second at 5-3 :cry

Re: August 11 - August 17 Back Gael Monfils to beat Roger Federer for a 5/10 stake with Marathobet @ 3,60 Back Gael Monfils (+1,5 sets) to beat Roger Federer for a 7/10 stake with Pinnacle @ 1,909 h2h lead Federer 6-2 but Monfils won the last two matches on hard. I agree with the reasons of CzechPunter, today tiredness can be decisive (Monfils is a marathon runner)

Re: August 11 - August 17 Back Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (+1.5 sets) to beat Maria Sharapova for a 6/10 stake at 2.09 with Pinnacle Back Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova to beat Maria Sharapova for a 3/10 stake at 4.35 with Pinnacle Despite my ongoing worries regarding Pavlyuchenkova, she hasn't been worse than Sharapova recently, so these odds look worth taking to me. The world's number six is struggling to play her best tennis right now and her second round performance against Madison Keys left much to be desired, after all. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pavlyuchenkova-vs-sharapova-betting-anastasia-pavlyuchenkova-looks-value-against-the-world-s-number-six

Re: August 11 - August 17 Back F.Pennetta/S.Williams - Over 18.5 games for a 7/10 stake at 1.93 with Pinnacle Back Flavia Pennetta to beat Serena Williams for a 2/10 stake at 7.65 with Pinnacle It's hard to like Serena Williams after her yesterday's performance against Samantha Stosur, so I am willing to go for Pennetta at these odds/lines. She's playing for the third week in a row and the US Open is just around the corner, after all, so I can even see her struggle motivation-wise in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pennetta-vs-williams-betting-flavia-pennetta-not-to-be-written-off-against-serena-williams-on-thursday

Re: August 11 - August 17 Back over 21,5 games in Jelena Jankovic vs Sloane Stephens for a 7/10 stake with Pinnacle @ 1,79 h2h 2-0 Jankovic (Cincinnati 2013 and Montreal 2014). In both matches, they have played a large number of games: 3-6 7-5 7-5 in Cincinnati and 6-7 6-4 7-6 last week in Montreal.

Re: August 11 - August 17 Back Lisicki to win at least a set vs A.Radwanska @2.0 local bookie (6/10) ARad was rather busy last week winning Montreal and it seems to me that she is showing signs of tiredness. Though her win against Nara 6-2 6-2 looks impresive, it includes saving 5 of 6 breakpoints. Poor Nara was way too inconsistent to take advantage. Sabine is hit and miss at times, but she is no pushower. H2H is 2-2, once Sabine losing in straights and last week in Montreal losing in three sets. I'd say that Sabine is in good form by now, and she is not going to collapse against tired Aga.

Re: August 11 - August 17 Back Mikhail Youzhny (+2.5 games) to beat David Ferrer at 2.02 with Pinnacle For some reasons I don't really fancy Ferrer nowadays. He dropped sets against both Russel and Dodig last week, and Kohlschreiber yesterday. Actually he was on the verge of losing to the German, who failed to convert his chances. Moreover Youzhny is not the optimal opponent for him, as Ferrer holds a negative H2H record against the Russian. The latter did nothing wrong so far in Cincinatti, beating both Tsonga and Paire in straight sets. I do believe this can be a close match, and wouldn't be even surprised to see Youzhny winning.

Re: August 11 - August 17 Back Elina Svitolina to beat Carla Suarez Navarro at 2.20 with Pinnacle Svitolina took some rest after the triumph in Baku, where she defended her last year title. She continued her good form in fashion this week, edging through Davis and Kvitova without dropping a single set. Even if Carla might be a tricky opponent for her, she did face some problems yesterday so I am happy to go against her once again.

Re: August 11 - August 17 Back Mikhail Youzhny to beat David Ferrer for a 7/10 stake with Pinnacle @ 2,65 Back Mikhail Youzhny (- 1,5 sets) to beat David Ferrer for a 3/10 stake with Pinnacle @ 4,55 h2h Youzhny leads 5-3, and he won all matches on hard. Yesterday, Ferrer was close to lose against Kohlschreiber, which was serving for the match

Re: August 11 - August 17 Back Stanislas Wawrinka (-3.5) to beat Julien Benneteau for a 7/10 stake at 1.87 with Unibet If he stays focused, this should really be a routine victory for the Swiss number two, who seems to be playing well at the moment and who crushed Marin Cilic yesterday after a slow start to the match. Benneteau hasn't had to face anyone of Wawrinka's caliber so far in this tournament - and I can't see him coping with that challenge. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wawrinka-vs-benneteau-betting-stanislas-wawrinka-to-breeze-through-to-the-semis-in-cincinnati

Re: August 11 - August 17 Back Andy Murray to beat Roger Federer for a 7/10 stake at 1.76 with Pinnacle Gael Monfils didn't convert his chances yesterday, throwing away the first set before doing something similar in the decider, but he was a tough opponent for Federer, so Murray should be able to take things further and get the job done against the Swiss legend today, especially now that fatigue might really start to creep in for Federer after all those long matches. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/murray-vs-federer-betting-andy-murray-to-get-the-job-done-in-the-main-highlight-of-the-day