** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Australia > Hyundai A-League > 2014/15

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 10 October 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Melbourne Victory v Western Sydney Wanderers (09:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.15[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.49 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 11 October 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Central Coast Mariners v Newcastle United Jets (07:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.15[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]105.34 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Sydney FC v Melbourne City FC (09:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]105.15 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 12 October 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Brisbane Roar v Adelaide United (06:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.81 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Wellington Phoenix v Perth Glory (07:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.12[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]105.86 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 4 months later...

Re: Australia > Hyundai A-League > 2014/15 Western Sydney Wanderers - Brisbane Roar WSW have yet to win a match this season but put in an awesome first half showing against their cross town rivals Sydney FC at the weekend running rampant for 45 mins but failing to convert a host of chances. I put the poor start down to the inevitable hangover from winning the Asian Champions League. A titanic achievement when you do the math. If they match last week's level in this catch up fixture on a Wednesday night, I feel quite confident of a home win. As always, the Asian Champions are solid at the back with Topor Stanley and Spiranovic shielded by the underrated La Rocca in central midfield. Going forward they have a true striker in Juric who is in form and the creativity of the cheeky Brazilian Saba who has the pass to pick Juric out and unlock the Brisbane defence. Not that they are hard to open as they've even put it into their own net a few times this season. Brisbane are in shocking form, however unlike the hosts, have no valid excuse. They lost their talisman striker Berisha to Melbourne (and scoring went down), then they sacked their long time coach Mulvey who won multiple titles with them just because of 5 bad matches which were the players' fault, and now they've lost their best player. Broich (attacking mid) is having surgery on an ankle injury and is out for 6 weeks. The Roar won 1 and lost 2 of their 3 away matches while the WSW have drawn all 3 at home. Brisbane's only road win was against a very poor Newcastle side. They were beaten at Melbourne and Perth and WSW are at least as good as those sides. WSW have drawn all 3 home matches but the performances are there and have been improving every match. The performance against Sydney was the best so far and a repeat against a Roar side with a new (inexperienced in this league) coach and without Broich and second keeper will go along way to getting that first win. The news on Broich absence only came out 2-3 hours ago so prices on Wanderers may firm. WSW @ 2.06 several books Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Australia > Hyundai A-League > 2014/15 Inaugural FFA Cup Final tonight Rough thoughts: Adelaide are hosting the final but the absence of crucial central defender Osama Malik looks to be really affecting them. For a team that already look wide open when they play and are happy to sacrifice defence for attack, his absence has seen them look uncertain and vulnerable at the back. Perth are no certain things here but Adelaide can concede here just as easily as they can score and as such are a volatile prospect right now. Perth are playing in a much more balanced fashion right now and aren't losing matches very easily at all. The Perth double chance at around 1.80 looks decent as this could well drag on to extra time. Adelaide can be got at on the counter and the way they play at home, they basically invite punishment via counter-attack. Again, haven't had time to go through my processes and look at it in depth so take this with a pinch of salt.

Re: Australia > Hyundai A-League > 2014/15 Over 10.5 Corners @ 1.85 Sportingbet Adelaide in particular have good wingers in Goodwin and Mabil and generally speaking win a lot of corners. Perth do as well though they are a bit less potent out wide without the injured Hersi. However, with Adelaide often being exposed on the counter I feel the tempo of the game and what I predict to be a reasonably open encounter will lead to a lot of situations for corners to be win. 0.5pts Awer Mabil Last Goal @ 15 Bet365 0.5pts Awer Mabil Anytime Scorer @ 6 Bet365 If Adelaide lead late the cup nature will ensure Perth press to equalise and that will open up counter attack chances. Mabil has magnificent speed and could easily capitalise on this situation to score a cheap goal. Odds for me are too big based on this likely scenario eventuating.

Re: Australia > Hyundai A-League > 2014/15 Yeah Mabil missed that tap in from point blank range in the first half which Cirio whipped across the box. Can't understand how he always starts over Ferreira. The red card killed Perth's chances who up until then were hanging in and trying to make something at the other end when they had the ball. Young fullback Risdon couldn't handle Cirio constantly turning him inside out down the flank and paid the price through frustration.

Re: Australia > Hyundai A-League > 2014/15

Newcastle-Adelaide Do you guys have any suggestions?
Yes. Adelaide won the cup on Tuesday night and looked to be celebrating as if it was the world cup. I'm assuming some level of partying and drinking took place. The coach isn't really the disciplinarian type. He's the fun wacky foreign coach that all the cameras want to interview and he comes across as the biggest party machine in the squad :lol just my perception. Newcastle although losing 2-0 away to Perth last week, showed some improvement in the performance but there is still big divisions in the team where certain groups don't get on with others. For me it's a no bet (too many unknown factors) and I'll keep the powder dry tonight for more reliable opportunities.

Re: Australia > Hyundai A-League > 2014/15 I've been drinking and little bit tired ... so I've made a decision to go ahead and take a risky chance on Newcastle+.5 @ home.. Wanted to come through on my previous post stating I would be here, and yes i'm betting it right now. Feel chances are near 50 % , and I'm getting slightly better than even money. see ya gents, and I look forward to future matches this season.

Re: Australia > Hyundai A-League > 2014/15 1pt Newcastle v Adelaide - Draw @ 4.06 Pinnacle This is Adelaide's 3rd game in 7 days having played the FFA Cup final on Tuesday. That game was in Adelaide so there is a travel factor involved here as well as the turnaround time. Key defender and captain Jaliens is out for Newcastle and given how poor they have been of late I'm not convinced of their ability to win. However, I do feel there will be some sort of let down for Adelaide here who would otherwise be a class or two above their hosts. In truth they will still win if they put in the same effort they have been in most of their games but given recent matches and the high of winning a cup final, I feel this is a let down spot. The question is how to play that, and I feel a draw is more likely than a Newcastle win.

Re: Australia > Hyundai A-League > 2014/15 As of this moment , Jets have completely dominated the game. I started watching from about 35th minute tho. All I've seen is poor play from Adelaide. This is my first watch of A-league this season, and this scorekeeper even tallied 0-1 to Adelaide as the Jets took an early lead in the second half which didnt feel great considering I wasnt 100 % sure Newcastle was the team that scored lol , but they did change it within 5 seconds.

Re: Australia > Hyundai A-League > 2014/15 Melbourne look like a decent shout tomorrow.They suffered a heavy defeat a few round ago,but seem to be better now after 2 consecutive 1:0 wins.Perth won their last 3 games,but their H2H suggests the home team are heavy favourites.In their last 7 mutual meetings have all ended with the home factor prevailing.Anyway my knowledge of this league is close to minimum so maybe the league experts will have a different approach to the game.

• 1 month later...

Re: Australia > Hyundai A-League > 2014/15 [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 21 February 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Sydney FC v Central Coast Mariners (06:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.61[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Adelaide United v Western Sydney Wanderers (08:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.59[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 22 February 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Wellington Phoenix v Newcastle United Jets (04:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.44[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]8[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Melbourne City FC v Perth Glory (06:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Australia > Hyundai A-League > 2014/15 Sydney FC - Central Coast Mariners Sydney FC are at home to the hapless Mariners in the early Saturday match. After going down to 9 men away at a strong Perth 2 weeks ago, I feared Sydney would get tonked but to my surprise they held firm at 1-2 up and even scored on a counter to seal the match at 1-3. The 2 red cards were to Petkovic and Faty who are the managers preferred centre-back pairing. Missing those two guys last week, Sydney conceded 3 goals at home to the dangerous Melbourne attack. However down 1-3 they did manage to claw back a 3-3. They will be hoping defensive stability is restored this week with the duo’s return. The Mariners until now have been one of the season’s disappointments. They play negative unadventurous football and just setup to stifle sides usually resulting in losses or 1-1 results. Less than a month ago they lost at home to Sydney FC 1-5. During midweek, they played a sudden death qualifier at home against Chinese club Guangzhou R&F for the Asian Champions’ League. The Chinese scored in the first 10 mins, added another 2 throughout the match (one being a horrendous own goal) and then the Mariners scored a last minute free kick consolation goal with the qualification of Guanzhou never threatened in the 90 mins.

One of the few “threats” going forward in the Mariners camp Mitchell Duke was sold to Shimzu S-Pulse from Japan in January and Ferreira was brought in from Adelaide. However Duke was their lone striker and Ferreira is a wide attacker. So Matt Simon should start in the striking position. Matt Simon is a piece of wood. The Sydney coach Graham Arnold made his name coaching the Mariners and enjoying success while being the mentor to their current coach Phil Moss. He got out at the right time as all their best players were sold to foreign clubs and fresh reports state the club hierarchy have given Moss an ultimatum to start playing more adventurous football and win more games, or else. Sydney have the greater fire power and are desperate to get more home wins and push up the table. The Mariners are 6 points off the play-off positions and under growing pressure with fatigue and rotation expected from their midweek exertions. Sydney -1 AH @ 2.01 Pinnacle

Re: Australia > Hyundai A-League > 2014/15 Well done! It was a great match! I only took home win because I am not so keen on handicaps but thank you! Good luck with your other bets today! Do you think Adelaide home win too in the next match? Nigel Boogaard is back and Western Sydney Wanderers's away record isn't really good.

Re: Australia > Hyundai A-League > 2014/15 I did mate, thanks !!! I won't venture to give a tip in Adelaide v Wanderers just because lately I've been rubbish at tips but sometimes if the first match of the day finishes with over 2,5 goals the other one will have at least 3 goals as well. The odds for overs dropped a bit from yesterday to 8/11 from 4/5 with bet365.

Re: Australia > Hyundai A-League > 2014/15 Melbourne City - Perth Glory OK so this one is a value play and I see all the value on the away side. It may be somewhat risky considering that City are just the sort of erratic team that win when they should lose and vice verse. So basically City are once again being billed as having an "injury crisis" by the papers. Fair enough they are without Damien Duff, Wielaert (best Dutch defender), Dugandzic (attacker), James Brown (attacker HAI!) and Garrucio (fullback). Their main issue for me is their limp attack and the wide attacker Ramsey who to my amazement is constantly in this 11 week in week out despite not being a player who is up to professional standards. I watched their 2-1 win over the wanderers and if someone else played in his position the score would of been 4 or 5-1 considering the sitters that he managed to murder on the day. In saying this Koren the slovakian is the real threat in their midfield and he has the class to score against any side in this league, but that is mitigated by the lanky Kennedy who is a Peter Crouch type giant who doesn't inspire fear and generally supporting attackers who can be subdued by decent defending. In contrast Perth are the league leaders (recent form has spluttered admittedly) and boast a clean bill of health. Unlike their hosts, there are several threats going forward who in my opinion pose more danger than their counterparts. They have just come through a hellish fixture schedule where they have played the Victory twice, Adelaide twice and Sydney once. Even though their margin at the top has been whittled down over those games, they survived and stayed 1st. However they only lead by 1 point so they are in serious danger now of losing the minor premiership. Also after their last match away in Adelaide, their star striker Keogh and Risdon (fullback) were arrested for urinating outside a nightclub and the media did their thing with that. Add to that the reports circulating the last few weeks of salary cap breaches in Perth and the possible deduction of points as punishment and it seems the world is against the Glory. Well the club has jumped at the opportunity to grab the "siege mentality" angle in their press conferences have implied that these tough couple of weeks will galvanise performances now. We'll see. So after playing 5 tough matches one after the other, they will relish playing one of the lesser lights of the league and may enjoy taking some frustrations out on them today. When I saw the prices I was a little surprised that City were the favorites considering the table and everything else. Again it's not certain, but big enough to lay City. Remember City are capable of pulling rabbits out of hats every now and then but I have a feeling Perth will be up for this one today. Perth are solid enough in defence and threatening enough in attack to make me think they have a good chance to get points today and shouldn't be priced this way. Perth +0.5 AH @ 1.81 Pinnacle P.S. This exact fixture was played on Boxing Day and ended 1-1. But in that match Dugandzic SO.pngJ. Brown SI.pngD. Duff SI.png Garuccio Wielaert all played and Perth had Nichols (tricky attacking mid) injured who returns today.

Re: Australia > Hyundai A-League > 2014/15 Sydney Derby An early one as odds will drop. The Wanderers host Sydney FC in the derby on Saturday night. It's obvious to all that the WSW have put all their eggs in the Champions League basket now. They are currently in Japan waiting to face Kashima Antlers on Wednesday night which is 24 hours away from time of posting. WSW will touch down in Sydney only 30 hours before KO http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/sydney-fc/sydney-derby-sydney-fc-wary-of-being-embarrassed-by-western-sydney-wanderers-20150224-13nkmk.html and will have given their absolute best in Japan in their bid to defend their hard earned title. They are rock bottom in the league with 8 points. The last qualifying position is held by Brisbane on 21 points. Their domestic season is dead, it never got going and everybody knows it. Subsequently all decisions made by coach Popovic regarding rotation etc will be to benefit their continental campaign. Sydney FC on the other hand are undefeated in their last 6 matches, 2nd in the form table and are setup nicely to play away from home. WSW will also be missing Spiranovic their best central defender who was red carded and central midfield grafting stalwart Polijak. It's not often Sydney will have these many factors in their favour going into a derby but seeing as I estimate WSW chances of winning very thin, I see the +0 AH on Sydney FC @ 1.75 Marathon as having value given the draw protection it offers. Good Luck :ok