** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Champions League First Qualifying Round > 1st July & 8th July

Tomorrow marks an important date on the football calendar - the start of the Champions League! As some regulars on here will know, the very first qualifying round brings some attractive betting prospects, and this year's draw has thrown up some intriguing fixtures. Santa Coloma (AND) v Banants (ARM) La Fiorita (SMR) v Levadia (EST) Lincoln Red Imps (GIB) v Havnar (FAR) Santa Coloma were seeded in the draw, but this does not mean they should be considered favourites. Last year's Armenian champions Shirak were unseeded in the draw when they played Tre Penne of San Marino and they comfortably won 3-0 in the first leg before falling to a humiliating 1-0 defeat in the second leg. This sort of performance doesn't fill people with confidence when it comes to backing the Armenian champions, but consider the calibre of their opponents Santa Coloma; their all-time record in European competition is as follows: Home: P9 W1 D1 L7 F4 A17 GD-13 Away: P10 W0 D0 L10 F6 A38 GD-32 Overall: P19 W1 D1 L17 F10 A55 GD-45 Their draw came at home to Breidablik last year following a 4-0 first leg defeat. In the context of this year's game, where the first leg is in Andorra and actually meaningful, one would expect Banants to come out on top with the away win sitting around the 1.33 mark. Interestingly, the odds are similar - slightly higher - for Levadia to win away to La Fiorita, and this looks a more solid bet. Levadia are well into their season, which started in March, and therefore have match fitness on their side; they're currently second in the league, two points off the top, having won 11 of 17 games. Sammarinese champions La Fiorita have made the step up to the Champions League following two years in the Europa League, but their record doesn't make for convincing reading having lost all four European games without scoring a goal. While Levadia's European record isn't the most impressive, they have eliminated Bala Town of Wales and Siauliai of Lithuania in the last two years which suggests they have what it takes to see off La Fiorita who are surely worse than these two sides. ~1.35 for a Sammarinese side to lose in Europe looks a decent price. The final match is undoubtedly the hardest to call. Gibraltar's first-ever European representatives Lincoln Red Imps won their league comfortably and their squad is considered to be arguably the strongest ever assembled in Gibraltar. Certainly, Gibraltar's national team has taken a few people by surprise, recording draws with Slovakia and Estonia and a victory against Malta in their five international games since being accepted by UEFA; if this can be used as any sort of guidance, it would suggest that their sides are not quite at the whipping boys level of San Marino. On the other hand, their opponents, Havnar, have European experience and match fitness on their side, but are invariably eliminated at the first round of competition. In summary, I would expect away wins for Banants and Levadia this week - the latter looks an attractive price - while the final game represents something of a step into the unknown. Should make for intriguing viewing!

Re: Champions League First Qualifying Round > 1st July & 8th July Should be noted that Tre Penne of San Marino win against Shirak was as dodgy as, just Youtube the goal to see what I mean. Unlikely a similar result this time around. Also should be noted Shirak were a p*ss-poor side, and still strolled through over the two legs.

Re: Champions League First Qualifying Round > 1st July & 8th July

La Fiorita (SMR) v Levadia (EST) Interestingly, the odds are similar - slightly higher - for Levadia to win away to La Fiorita, and this looks a more solid bet. Levadia are well into their season, which started in March, and therefore have match fitness on their side; they're currently second in the league, two points off the top, having won 11 of 17 games. Sammarinese champions La Fiorita have made the step up to the Champions League following two years in the Europa League, but their record doesn't make for convincing reading having lost all four European games without scoring a goal. While Levadia's European record isn't the most impressive, they have eliminated Bala Town of Wales and Siauliai of Lithuania in the last two years which suggests they have what it takes to see off La Fiorita who are surely worse than these two sides. ~1.35 for a Sammarinese side to lose in Europe looks a decent price.
Watched Levadia battering Tallina 9-0 in a league game couple of weeks ago. Levadia looked class above as can be seen by the result. There are even worse teams than Tallina in Estonian League looking at the table and im pretty sure that even those can be a match for any San Marinese club. As MightyWell points Levadia are well into their season and after 17 matches played they have an impressive goal record with 50 goals scored and only four conceded. Knowing the level of San Marion football and their previous outings at this stage of the CL im really tempted with Levadia. Even straight win odds looks value but thats not my kind of odds. Im looking for Levadia to win to nil and pp are the only one offering that bet, apart from my local which offers 2,25 and i'll go high stake on that. The other bet i like is Levadia -1 eh and would wait for a price around evens for that.

Re: Champions League First Qualifying Round > 1st July & 8th July Nice previews guys, I'm obviously slow on the uptake this year been busy at work unfortunately. Prices for these generally only become widely available a day or so before though. I hadn't looked on here first but I certainly think Levadia to win to nil represent the best bet of the round - I will certainly be taking this in the home game too. Ahead of the first leg the Levadia manager Marko Kristal is certainly confident! "La Fiorita are the easiest opponents we could have got – it would be much harder against Banants, Every European league winner should be quite strong but still, the draw was lucky for us. It's a totally different story with AC Sparta Praha after that. They are a really big European team. Our only aim is to get through to the second qualifying round. I believe our squad is strong enough to complete the task." La Fiorita look like typical San Marino cannon fodder, losing their 4 recent qualifiers for the Europa League to nil. I am slightly wary considering the heart attacks I had during Shirak's matches against Tre Penne last year, although they did come through in the first game in the end. Levadia are strolling home in the domestic league, a tight recent game would have been nice to keep their feet on the ground, too much to hope for though with a mere 19-0 win in the cup! I have taken the handicap too, there are better odds available with other bookies but unfortunately none I can use. Levadia to Win to Nil - 1.92 + 1.85 - 32red + hills - 6 Points Levadia -1EH - 1.7 - 32red - 5 Points Levadia to Win both Halves - 2.8 - 32red - 1.5 Points

Re: Champions League First Qualifying Round > 1st July & 8th July Wouldn't worry about the cup, Hastgill. The side they played is from the fifth tier of Estonian football. If you want to see the standard of the fifth tier, just youtube one of the cup games. The fifth tier is actually pub sides, they don't even have matching kits, overweight, ect! Levadia probably played the kids in that 19-0. I bet on them last year or the year before when they were away against similar opposition and played the kids, it was 18-0. Sadly Betfair have stopped covering most of these games. They did have Saturday's 19-0 but, of course, I forgot about it! :(

consider the calibre of their opponents Santa Coloma; their all-time record in European competition is as follows: Home: P9 W1 D1 L7 F4 A17 GD-13 Away: P10 W0 D0 L10 F6 A38 GD-32 Overall: P19 W1 D1 L17 F10 A55 GD-45
Out of interest, MightyWell, where did you find these stats? :unsure

Re: Champions League First Qualifying Round > 1st July & 8th July Perhaps a little bit early but for the second round and the match between Malmö FF and Ventpils that MFF will have to do without their best player Guillermo Molins since he got injured for à couple of days ago (he has probably been the best player in Allsvenskan this year). And also Miiko Albornoz wont be part of MFF since he is sold to german side Hannover (Albornoz was à part of Chiles WC squad). Will try to link sources lager tonight). But hard anyways not seeing MFF go through to the next round.

Nice previews guys, I'm obviously slow on the uptake this year been busy at work unfortunately. Prices for these generally only become widely available a day or so before though. I hadn't looked on here first but I certainly think Levadia to win to nil represent the best bet of the round - I will certainly be taking this in the home game too. Ahead of the first leg the Levadia manager Marko Kristal is certainly confident! "La Fiorita are the easiest opponents we could have got – it would be much harder against Banants, Every European league winner should be quite strong but still, the draw was lucky for us. It's a totally different story with AC Sparta Praha after that. They are a really big European team. Our only aim is to get through to the second qualifying round. I believe our squad is strong enough to complete the task." La Fiorita look like typical San Marino cannon fodder, losing their 4 recent qualifiers for the Europa League to nil. I am slightly wary considering the heart attacks I had during Shirak's matches against Tre Penne last year, although they did come through in the first game in the end. Levadia are strolling home in the domestic league, a tight recent game would have been nice to keep their feet on the ground, too much to hope for though with a mere 19-0 win in the cup! I have taken the handicap too, there are better odds available with other bookies but unfortunately none I can use. Levadia to Win to Nil - 1.92 + 1.85 - 32red + hills - 6 Points WIN Levadia -1EH - 1.7 - 32red - 5 Points LOST Levadia to Win both Halves - 2.8 - 32red - 1.5 Points LOST
Tried watching it on a stream, unfortunately it was 1 second of action for every 10 seconds buffering - so UEFA commentary it was for me. Sounded like they were on top for most of the game, I was facing a minor disaster until the 94th minute. I will have to rely on others who were able to view it to let me know how the game went.

Re: Champions League First Qualifying Round > 1st July & 8th July Credit to Florita players who played really good game, great determination and very brave performance but it was unbelievable how they kept clean sheet for so long. Motiv was clearly on their side and they even created one nice chance after crossing in the box and could have easily open the score around 20 mins mark. Levadia dominated the whole match creating chance after chance. It would have been a miracle if they did not won. Great result at the end for me :) Expecting at least five in the return leg!

Out of interest' date=' MightyWell, where did you find these stats? :unsure[/quote'] It's from my own research - I regularly bet on Andorran and Sammarinese sides at this stage of the European competitions so like to know as much as possible! I've worked out statistics on their all-time records in European competition and checked them over several times to make sure they're 100% accurate - always good to have information to hand. Last night's games didn't exactly go as expected! La Fiorita were seconds away from an historic result, and it's incredible that it took Levadia so long to get the winner. The result reminds me of the Juvenes/Dogana v Rabotnicki Europa League game in 2011 when I backed Rabotnicki and watched the UEFA Live Score updates in agony as they missed chance after chance after chance before finally scoring the winner in the 86th minute. The final match statistics showed they had 31 shots on goal (14 on target) and 14 corners. Sometimes that's the way it goes, and I would expect a more comfortable win for Levadia in Estonia. As for Santa Coloma's win against Banantas, well...Shirak's performances last season against Tre Penne didn't say much for the standard of Armenian football, but this result beggars belief. This time around, there was no comfortable first leg win for the Armenians making the second leg a non-event; it's hard to know what else to say really. Credit to Santa Coloma, though, for an historic win.

Re: Champions League First Qualifying Round > 1st July & 8th July It's funny how people on here say how amazing it is that an Estonian or Israeli side struggled against these minnows. I know the stats of these sides is bad, but is it really such a shock? It isn't like they were playing Man City. And that isn't me aftertiming, it's a genuine question.

It's from my own research - I regularly bet on Andorran and Sammarinese sides at this stage of the European competitions so like to know as much as possible! I've worked out statistics on their all-time records in European competition and checked them over several times to make sure they're 100% accurate - always good to have information to hand.
Thanks :ok (I noticed most clubs also have a summary of their European records on their wiki page)

It's funny how people on here say how amazing it is that an Estonian or Israeli side struggled against these minnows. I know the stats of these sides is bad' date=' but is it really such a shock? It isn't like they were playing Man City. And that isn't me aftertiming, it's a genuine question.[/quote'] Estonian and Armenian you mean ... ;) I think there is almost certainly quite a gap in class between the real 'minnows' and the rest - which can present opportunities - but of course in each case you have to judge the value or otherwise for yourself.

Re: Champions League First Qualifying Round > 1st July & 8th July Odds for Second Legs below FC Santa Coloma and Levadia both lead 1-0 from the first legs Away goals count extra if aggregate scores are level [TABLE=class: table-main]

[TR=class: center nob-border] [TH=class: first2 tl, colspan: 3]08 Jul 2014 - Qualification[/TH] [TH]1[/TH] [TH]X[/TH] [TH]2[/TH] [TH]B's[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: table-dummyrow] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd] [TD=class: table-time datet t1404828000-1-1-0-0]15:00[/TD] [TD=class: name table-participant, colspan: 2]Banants Yerevan (Arm) - FC Santa Coloma (And) [/TD] [TD=class: odds-nowrp]1.22[/TD] [TD=class: odds-nowrp]6.00[/TD] [TD=class: odds-nowrp]12.00[/TD] [TD=class: center info-value]5[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: table-time datet t1404835200-1-1-0-0]17:00[/TD] [TD=class: name table-participant, colspan: 2]Levadia (Est) - La Fiorita (San) [/TD] [TD=class: odds-nowrp]1.06[/TD] [TD=class: odds-nowrp]12.00[/TD] [TD=class: odds-nowrp]20.00[/TD] [TD=class: center info-value]5[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Champions League First Qualifying Round > 1st July & 8th July Hello, guys Lookiing into next week's CL qualification matches, I fancy a lot two bets: Levadia Tallinn - La Fiorita -2.5 AH Banats Yerevan - Santa Coloma under 2.5 goals As expected, Levadia looked the far superior side in the first match, but managed to score only a single goal with the last kick. I think that the home advantage, the disappoinment in the La Fiorita players after the cruel manner of the defeat and the clear difference in class are factor pointing to a home victory by a big margin. Also Levadia are by no means qualified and should approach the game in a serious way. Levadia have managed to cover the handicap in 9 of their 25 matches and most of the opponents are better than La Fiorita, I think that even the worse sides in the Meistriliiga are semi-professional. About Banats - Santa Coloma, in my opinion the Andoran side's approach to the game will be crucial in determining the number of goals scored. Coming with a 1-0 victory, they'll most likely park the bus and hope for a goalless draw or a 1-0 defeat. Armenian teams in Europe are hardly prolific and stuggle to score goals even against the lowliest opposition. Any thoughts are welcome!

Hello, guys Lookiing into next week's CL qualification matches, I fancy a lot two bets: Levadia Tallinn - La Fiorita -2.5 AH Banats Yerevan - Santa Coloma under 2.5 goals Any thoughts are welcome!
Any odds? :)

Banats Yerevan - Santa Coloma under 2.5 goals About Banats - Santa Coloma, in my opinion the Andoran side's approach to the game will be crucial in determining the number of goals scored. Coming with a 1-0 victory, they'll most likely park the bus and hope for a goalless draw or a 1-0 defeat. Armenian teams in Europe are hardly prolific and stuggle to score goals even against the lowliest opposition
Odds have now been released, and Marathon are quoting 2.78 for under 2.5 which I think looks pretty attractive. Under 3.5 is 1.8 with Betway http://www.oddsportal.com/soccer/europe/champions-league/banants-yerevan-fc-santa-coloma-ALptzRQG/#over-under;2

Re: Champions League First Qualifying Round > 1st July & 8th July Odds are now available on the third CL game tomorrow ... [TABLE=class: table-main]

[TR=class: odd] [TD=class: table-time datet t1404842400-1-1-0-0]19:00[/TD] [TD=class: name table-participant, colspan: 2]HB Torshavn (Fai) - Lincoln Red Imps (Gib) [/TD] [TD=class: odds-nowrp]1.34[/TD] [TD=class: odds-nowrp]5.40[/TD] [TD=class: odds-nowrp]9.50[/TD] [TD=class: center info-value]9[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Champions League First Qualifying Round > 1st July & 8th July There are some attractive-looking prices on Levadia keeping a clean sheet in their second leg at home to La Fiorita tomorrow. According to UEFA's site, they dominated the first leg in San Marino, and La Fiorita had 2 shots on target and 2 corners http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2015/matches/round=2000544/match=2014129/postmatch/report/index.html#levadia+strike+late Levadia v La Fiorita Both to Score NO 1.91 Ladbrokes Stake: 8 points

Re: Champions League First Qualifying Round > 1st July & 8th July Watched Levadia at Florita last week where hosts had only one half a chance a were totally outplayed for the whole 90 mins, result at the end was a little miracle. Masturbinhos and Louis suggestions looks dead certs from this perspective and I just cannot believe those odds. Great value and I dont expect it to last to much, especially not until tomorrow when there will be whole five matches on offer and every man and his dog should get on Levadia in some sort. I was very tempted to take them just after the first leg finished. No questions of whos advancing here and with Levadias defensive record (conceded 4 goals in 25 matches) this season and half a chance for Florita in San Marino the most logical bet is Levadia Clean Sheet or To Win to Nil. But I'll stay away for the moment, Levadia doesn't even has to win here. There were some fishy results in European Comps last week and I am not suggesting that the same will happen here but those odds offered do. Will try to find some infos on both teams instead and may have a punt tomorrow. GL all

Whats your thinking Hast? Or you'll wait more serious bookmakers to come out with the odds to share your thoughts?
No, can't imagine my opinion would sway the odds! :lol It's a total no-brainer to bet on Florita not scoring, everything has been said regarding the first game. I was a bit surprised to see Levadia in the first qualifying round anyway but they should take them apart fairly easily in the return leg, I can't see them winning by less than 2-0 or 3-0. Handicap odds too low though imo, would much rather take them to win to nil.

Re: Champions League First Qualifying Round > 1st July & 8th July Bookmakers check these forums, Hastgill, 100%. They check the Betfair forum, 100% too, so without a doubt they'll check this more ''serious'' forum. I've taken Levadia BTTS No @ 1.91, this should be sub 1.40, imo. Levadia should hopefully have more to show for their superiority this time, they could probably play fly goalie in this one :lol