Manchester United v Swansea City > Saturday August 16th

Re: Manchester United v Swansea City > Saturday August 16th

Incredibly short for a week 1 football game but a return of $36 for $100 invested is better than a kick in the bum. Man U were $2.10 last year against Swansea and won 4-1 so logic says this "should" be a walk in the park but laying so much chalk in football is scary anytime.
When will people learn that there is no sense, let alone value in betting strong on odds like 1.36...with those sorts of habits bookies will eat you alive! Sorry if I sound a bit harsh, I guess I am still kind of amazed to see people thinking along those lines at a place like this.

When will people learn that there is no sense, let alone value in betting strong on odds like 1.36...with those sorts of habits bookies will eat you alive! Sorry if I sound a bit harsh, I guess I am still kind of amazed to see people thinking along those lines at a place like this.
Please offer advice before the event. This is no use to anyone.

I love the overs in this game. United have shown their old striking form under van Gaal. Pre-season has been excellent, confidence is high. Defensively they may let in the odd goal. 3 center backs, all a bit iffy, and 2 wing backs getting used to a new defensive system. Does not matter if they sign Hummels this week, they will still be suspect at the back. So a lovely combination for goals. A more than decent attacking force, with a suspect defense. Swansea also scored goals against decent opposition last year (2 against Everton, 3 Against Liverpool, 2 Against Arsenal, but did lose last season's fixture 2-0. Not gouing balls-to the-wall so early in the season, but will bet 4 units at 1.78 (betvictor) seems more than generous here.
United have a terrible sameness in midfield. Herrera, Kagawa, Mata, Fletcher all seem to have similar qualities. Who is the holding midfielder ? Where is the pace and power on the ball? Where is your midfield ball distributor ? Paul Pogba, Artura Vidal and Andreas Perlo is a perfect example of what a well balanced middfield should be.... Defensively terrible, two goals conceded from 2 shots.... THey are miles off the pace but will be a solid bet for oveer goals for most of this season ....

I think that van Gaal's time in United is over.1st game-1st defeat.A couple of more and he is out.Meanwhile they should seek another coach.
nice one :D :D problem is squad - only two transfers, many injuries, no defenders..

I think that van Gaal's time in United is over.1st game-1st defeat.A couple of more and he is out.Meanwhile they should seek another coach.
Are you for real? It is Clive Woodward's fault that United don't have a team, not Van Gaal. Absolutely laughable people questioning his coaching abilities, all you have to do is look at his record at club and international level.

Re: Manchester United v Swansea City > Saturday August 16th Trouble is Utd have only replaced Evra, not Vidic or Ferdinand. There is a lot of deadwood still there in Anderson, Nani, Young, money needs to be spent on quality players but in fairness they are few and far between & with that squad Utd will struggle to break back into the top 4.... anyone have Swansea?.?.

When will people learn that there is no sense' date=' let alone value in betting strong on odds like 1.36[/quote'] Isn't that a bit simplistic? I think odds of 1.36 can sometimes be worth backing, as even short odds like this might be longer than they should be. (If the odds should really be about 1.1 and are actually 1.36 then it is surely worth going for.)

Are you for real? It is Clive Woodward's fault that United don't have a team, not Van Gaal. Absolutely laughable people questioning his coaching abilities, all you have to do is look at his record at club and international level.
Pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

I spoke to the bank manager yesterday about how I could go about getting my mortgage put on this bet. In the end the whole process sounded too complicated' date=' too lengthy and required the other half to agree to it which made it pretty much impossible. Once I explained Swansea's patchy pre-season form and United resurgence now they've got rid of Moyes, the bank manager himself agreed this was a great idea. So to make it clear, this is a home banker for me. [u']United to win @ 1.4 with Ladbrokes (10pts)
http://youtu.be/0sq8VDXlWQk

Re: Manchester United v Swansea City > Saturday August 16th man utd haven't found quality replacements for evra, vidic, ferdinand. their defense looks shambolic. it shocking to see them do so well in pre season friendlies and then fall against swansea at old trafford. they showed their true face. they will have another terrible season and i will be staying away from them in the future especially they way bookies are pricing them so low that it makes it seem like easy routine win.