Argentina v Iran > Saturday June 21st

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Argentina v Iran (17:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.14[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]10[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]30[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.82 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Argentina v Iran > Saturday June 21st 4pts Argentina to win both halves 21/20 Coral It would be the surprise of the tournament if Argentina don’t win this game. The question is how many will they win it by and if they score early it could be by quite a few. They have been a bit wasteful in front of goal recently though which hinders me from taking a handicap but I’d be surprised if they don’t win both halves in a match I expect them to dominate from start to finish. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/argentina-vs-iran-betting-argentina-can-dominate-iran-in-both-halves

Re: Argentina v Iran > Saturday June 21st Is there any team news on this one yet? Given the likelihood of Argentina scoring more than 2/3 then I think player betting will be the way to go. If he starts then I will go Higuain wincast and first scorer as he should get chances against Iran. Will post final selections and thoughts once lineup has been confirmed.

Re: Argentina v Iran > Saturday June 21st An Argentina win to nil looks likely from what I saw of both sides' first games. Iran were outclassed by Nigeria at times, but Nigeria were too poor to exploit the difference. Argentina will probably not have the same trouble. If Argentina score early, and Iran try to get back in the game, it could be a high-scoring game. My guess is Argentina will win by between 2-4 goal margin. I'm struggling to see any obvious value bets on the game.

Re: Argentina v Iran > Saturday June 21st Perhaps it's worth to look for laying AUQ in Betfair. Laying price is about 3.1. This year we have 15.4% AUQ results so far overall average is 8.9%. Only in Italy 1990 happened two AUQ in row, and only in France 1998 happened 2 AUQ from 3 sequential matches (happened twice). With Laying AUQ I virtual bet on 16 possible scores and with calculated odds around 1,48 and in for me is value. I know it's easy to predict new big margin win for Argentina, but to score 4 or more it is not so easy even when clear favourite play. Could happen but I don't think that possibility is as high as odds show (30%). Perhaps for traders: lay AUQ with half of stake and wait first 10-15 minutes then back with the same stake and get free bet on AUQ and then close with cash out when goal will be scored. If goal come before 15' lay AUQ with other half of stake and transform your trade into regular bet. I noticed by analysing stat data then in last 6 matches the average time of first goals raised to 39'. Only in SUI-FRA match was first goal before 30' (before 39' if we are precise). So after some period of matches with early goals (ARG, GER, USA) we saw 6 matches with late first goal. Is it time for another quick goal or at least goal until 30'? I hope this flash stats will help you for better prediction.

Re: Argentina v Iran > Saturday June 21st I am laying the Argies here. I know that's madness to most, but so would have been laying Brazil in their last. I don't think they performed well in their last game and at best I think I can cashout with a marginal profit. The Iranian defence is as far as I have read and seen, fairly strong, and I'm hoping that is going to last long enough for me to gain some sort of profit, and tbh at 1.15 on Betfair, a single half of 0-0 could see a decent chance.

Re: Argentina v Iran > Saturday June 21st Argentina to score a penalty @ 4.50 (bet365) for a 0.2 stake Red Card @ 3.75 (bet365) for a 0.2 stake Referee is Mirolad Mazic. There you go, all done. In truth honest, Mirolad Mazic did some very bad refereeing in Germany x Portugal, but he didn't have any trouble in pointing to the penalty spot for the favourites. He looks like the referee that benefits the favourites to me: did some harshful decisions against Portugal that day. Didn't look like a good ref as well. Iran were very organized against Nigeria, and I expect them to be even more defensive today. However, individual quality is lacking there, and when Argentina starts to speed up their attacking processes, player might feel the urge to mishit tackles and concede fouls in dangerous positions. Especially Messi and Di Maria are going to be hard to stop, and couldn't grab a penalty anytime. I expect red card and/or Argentina to get a penalty and score to happen, so I'm backing both.

Re: Argentina v Iran > Saturday June 21st I like the Arg to score a penalty bet. Other than that, I like 0-0 in HT and FT because odds are quite long. Argentina are not under much pressure having already won their hardest group stage game. I got HT for 4.23 and FT for 21. Its not that unlikely and feels like a solid bet at these very long odds.

Re: Argentina v Iran > Saturday June 21st

Argentina to score a penalty @ 4.50 (bet365) for a 0.2 stake Red Card @ 3.75 (bet365) for a 0.2 stake Referee is Mirolad Mazic. There you go, all done. In truth honest, Mirolad Mazic did some very bad refereeing in Germany x Portugal, but he didn't have any trouble in pointing to the penalty spot for the favourites. He looks like the referee that benefits the favourites to me: did some harshful decisions against Portugal that day. Didn't look like a good ref as well. Iran were very organized against Nigeria, and I expect them to be even more defensive today. However, individual quality is lacking there, and when Argentina starts to speed up their attacking processes, player might feel the urge to mishit tackles and concede fouls in dangerous positions. Especially Messi and Di Maria are going to be hard to stop, and couldn't grab a penalty anytime. I expect red card and/or Argentina to get a penalty and score to happen, so I'm backing both.
I have to say I like the look of these bets, JuMe. The penalty bet in particular looks very decent. There's been a fair few penalties at this world Cup already and if Iran are going to sit deep which is very much expected, then Argentina could cause them a lot of problems in the box. The sending off bet is an interesting one. I've found referees to be quite unpredictable in this tournament, especially when it comes to cards. Maybe it's my imagination, but it seems like the refs are more reluctant to give out the yellow card to players, which can make backing the sending off quite frustrating. But good bets and I may follow you on that penalty one.

Re: Argentina v Iran > Saturday June 21st It is a boring and predictable tip, but I cannot see past a comfortable Argentina victory with at least 2 goals difference. Iran is simply are very limited team which poses no threat going forward. They could salvage themselves against the slow and predictable Nigerians, but I don't think they can hold the powerful gaucho attack. There could have been potential for lazy Argentina performance (hence, risk for a minimal 1:0 win), had they managed to win comfortably over Bosnia. But their performance in the 1st game was far from their best, so I believe they will be less apathetic today and will get a comfortable win against the worst team in the group. Argentina -2 AH @ 1.92 (Pinnacle)

Re: Argentina v Iran > Saturday June 21st Also hoping for a convincing Argentina win, will lose a chunk if they don't perform lol. Though what with the shockers, punt on Iran 1-0 and of course the ultimate tip, Iran to lose 3-1 but Ghoochannejhad to score first 155/1. More seriously, I've got money on... Argy -2 as above, small amount on 4-0 and 3-0. Then 3.5+ goals, Argy to win to nil with 2.5+ and finally I've then also mostly covered a 0-0 draw. I expect fewer goals in the first half, but for Irans defence to tire in the second with repeated Argentine pressure, then goal number will ramp up.

Re: Argentina v Iran > Saturday June 21st The lineups have been announced and Argentina are shaping up similar to the way they started the second half against Bosnia. Higuain starts with Messi and Aguero. Back Over 2.5 Argentina Goals @ 10/11 with Coral Yes, Iran will be ultra defensive and may be difficult to break down initially, but Argentina will score at least 3 in this game in my opinion. The forward line of Argentina would be difficult enough for any defence in the World to handle. The two Iran centre backs play in the Qatar and Iranian leagues respectively. Their goalkeeper plays in the Portuguese second division. They'e coming up against arguably the greatest attack at this World Cup. Argentina have a point to prove especially having received some unfair criticism after their first game against Bosnia. I expect Argentina to win by 3 or 4 goals in this one.

Re: Argentina v Iran > Saturday June 21st Getting frustrated I imagine, surprised no goals, though draw/win was something I considered but thought not worth it. 0-0 would suit me tbf. But I still think 2nd half will have goals. Could have been Iran 1-0 then, that would be epic.

I am laying the Argies here. I know that's madness to most, but so would have been laying Brazil in their last. I don't think they performed well in their last game and at best I think I can cashout with a marginal profit. The Iranian defence is as far as I have read and seen, fairly strong, and I'm hoping that is going to last long enough for me to gain some sort of profit, and tbh at 1.15 on Betfair, a single half of 0-0 could see a decent chance.
Outstanding prediction Dan! Hopefully you traded off. Argentina got out to 6/1 before Messi scored.

Argentina vs Iran Lionel Messi to score first 11/5 paddy power i feel argentina will dominate and should score first and the player that is in form is messi and the team is built round him so he should be involved in either an assist or a goal
he came good in the end the man is class

What a horrible team Argentina are. Celebrating like they had just beaten Brazil in the final. I hope anyone wins it aslong as it's not them.
Why shouldn't they celebrate winning a World Cup match? It was a huge match for them, regardless of the opponents, who were outstanding today. They are now into the Last 16, where they face Ecuador or Switzerland so of course they can celebrate that. There is also massive pressure on these Argentinian players and the manager from their media and fans who expect them to win it out.

Argentina -2 AH @ 1.92 (Pinnacle)
Shocking performance from Argentina. No creativity, not enough movement, slow and one-sided attacks, disappointing performance by all the stars, including Messi, who was extremely poor before the extra time when he scored an outstanding goal. Some may argue the Gauchos were trying to conserve energy, but to me they seem to be lacking any team chemistry and their stars are heavily underperforming. Big congratulations for Iran, who had an amazing game. They defended calmly and in very organized way, leaving little space and chances for Argentina. Iran did some very dangerous counters and definitely should have scored a goal in the second half. I think the Persians were denied a penalty as well. All in all, I feel Iran 100% deserved a point at least. World Cup 2014 Stats: 13 Bets, 9 Wins, 3 Losses, 1 Void + 6.25 Units (1 Unit per bet)

Re: Argentina v Iran > Saturday June 21st I swear most of this games are Fiexd , we will know this only after few years like always , very clear Fiexing games , Iran games , Nigeria , last night that Bosnia team too was obvious , and damn Argantina too

I swear most of this games are Fiexd ' date=' we will know this only after few years like always , very clear Fiexing games , Iran games , Nigeria , last night that Bosnia team too was obvious , and damn Argantina too[/quote'] what a load of rubbish. i suggest you give up gambling mate Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Why shouldn't they celebrate winning a World Cup match? It was a huge match for them, regardless of the opponents, who were outstanding today. They are now into the Last 16, where they face Ecuador or Switzerland so of course they can celebrate that. There is also massive pressure on these Argentinian players and the manager from their media and fans who expect them to win it out.
Iran... And don't get me started on their gamesmanship. I guess a leopard never changes it's spots.