Royal Ascot 2014 ~ Day 2 Wednesday 18th

In Here:ok [TABLE=class: table, width: 635]

[TR=class: abandoned] [TD]2:30[/TD] [TD]Jersey Stakes (Group 3) 7f -[/TD] [TD=class: ch, align: right][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: abandoned alt] [TD=bgcolor: #F5F5F5]3:05[/TD] [TD=bgcolor: #F5F5F5]Queen Mary Stakes (Group 2) (Fillies) 5f -[/TD] [TD=class: ch, bgcolor: #F5F5F5, align: right][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]3:45[/TD] [TD]Duke of Cambridge Stakes (Group 2) (Fillies & Mares) 1m[/TD] [TD=class: ch, align: right][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: alt] [TD=bgcolor: #F5F5F5]4:25[/TD] [TD=bgcolor: #F5F5F5]Prince of Wales´s Stakes (British Champions Series) (Group 1) 1m2f[/TD] [TD=class: ch, bgcolor: #F5F5F5, align: right][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]5:00[/TD] [TD]Royal Hunt Cup (Heritage Handicap) 1m[/TD] [TD=class: ch, align: right][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: abandoned alt] [TD=bgcolor: #F5F5F5]5:35[/TD] [TD=bgcolor: #F5F5F5]Sandringham Handicap (Listed Race) (Fillies) 1m -[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Royal Ascot 2014 ~ Day 2 Wednesday 18th Royal Ascot 2:30 - Jersey Stakes(Group 3) (1) 7f Brazos seems to be completely dismissed by the bookmakers here and I think the available 40/1 is a ridiculous price for the Clive Brittain charge. This horse is the only course winner in the field and form around Ascot can be a big advantage. He finished 3rd in a good handicap at Newbury behind Muwaary in April and made no mistake next time when he beat Wee Jean comfortably over course and distance. William Buick takes the ride again on the horse and we all know how talented this guy is in the saddle, another plus. Of course the horse has to improve to win this but I had him down as a 16/1 - 20/1 chance in my tissue so an each-way bet is warranted. Brazos - 1 Point each-way @ 40/1 Sky Bet Read Full Preview @ http://www.punterslounge.com/jersey-stakes-betting-brazos-has-been-overlooked-by-the-bookies-so-take-advantage

Re: Royal Ascot 2014 ~ Day 2 Wednesday 18th Royal Ascot 3:05 - Queen Mary Stakes(Group 2) (1) 5f Although it was only a three runner maiden at Leicester that she won, I thought London Life impressed from the front and won in good fashion. Tom Dascombe was quoted saying he thinks this horse has a chance and is not to be overlooked so the available 33/1 could turn out to be a big price. She also ran a very good race at the Chester festival when finishing second behind Ballymore Castle and although she does have to improve a good deal to win this, she certainly has plenty of ability on the evidence of her last two runs. It could be a sublime week for the Dascombe yard with Brown Panther having a big chance in the Gold Cup. London Life - 1 Point each-way @ 33/1 Coral Read Full Preview @ http://www.punterslounge.com/queen-mary-stakes-betting-tom-dascombe-will-be-hoping-for-a-brilliant-week-at-ascot

Re: Royal Ascot 2014 ~ Day 2 Wednesday 18th 5.00 Ascot : Hunt Cup As usual the Hunt Cup has plenty of horses who can be given some sort of chance and Abseil is the possible blot on the handicap for Michael Stoute and jockey James Doyle who won this last year on Belgian Bill. I don’t think you want to be carrying above 9st in this race and I’m keen on Niceofyoutotellme from stall 18 who gets in here off 8st11lbs and Queensbury Rules the mount of Ryan Moore in stall 32 who races of 9st and makes his seasonal debut. Of the others I would keep both of the Balding horses, Here Comes When and Stirring Ballad on my side at decent prices. Selections: Queensbury Rules EW 14/1 >Bet365 Niceofyoutotellme EW 16/1 Stan James http://www.ascotbetting.net/royal-ascot-betting-beckett-and-crowley-can-land-hunt-cup

Re: Royal Ascot 2014 ~ Day 2 Wednesday 18th 2.30 Ascot: Jersey Stakes Very difficult race to weigh up and not one to get too involved with at the start of the second day. Trainers Richard Hannon and Aidan O’Brien have to be respected and they are both mob handed while the strength of Muwarry’s French run looks good enough for this contest in most previous years. I like Parbold from the in form Fahey yard, he’s looked a touch unlucky this season and this big field might just play to his strengths under Ryan Moore. Selections: Muwarry 5/1 Coral Parbold 16/1 >Bet365 http://www.ascotbetting.net/royal-ascot-betting-muwarry-looks-to-have-favourites-chance

Re: Royal Ascot 2014 ~ Day 2 Wednesday 18th 3.45: Prince Of Wales's Stakes It’s difficult to see how Treve can get beat here in this company. She is a long way in front of these on her Arc form and her recent run would have put her spot on for this test. The ground will be ok and there is enough pace in the race to avoid a tactical farce. It will be interesting to see how Mukhadram approaches the race as he kicked for home early in a couple of his races last season and pace maker Elkaayed may set up the early fractions this time. Selection; Treve 4/6 >Paddy Power http://www.ascotbetting.net/royal-ascot-betting-treve-can-power-to-prince-of-wales-victory

Re: Royal Ascot 2014 ~ Day 2 Wednesday 18th Royal Ascot 4:25 - Duke Of Cambridge Stakes(Group 2) (1) 1m There isn't much value at the head of the market for me so I have stuck my pin on the Paul Cole trained Gifted Girl who looks a big price at 20/1. She won a Class 2 handicap over course and distance by 5 lengths in May of last year so she clearly has a liking for the track which is a big positive. She also loves firm ground and with the ground drying all the time conditions will really be in her favour. She finished third behind Esoterique and Integral over 1m1f at Newmarket in May but she should be more suited to Ascot and I can definitely see her running into the places. She also has a nice draw in Stall 14 so she should get a nice sit tracking the pace on the outside. Gifted Girl - 1 Point each-way @ 20/1 Bet365 Read Full Preview @ http://www.punterslounge.com/duke-of-cambridge-stakes-betting-take-the-present-on-paul-cole-s-gifted-girl

Re: Royal Ascot 2014 ~ Day 2 Wednesday 18th

Royal Ascot 2:30 - Jersey Stakes(Group 3) (1) 7f Brazos seems to be completely dismissed by the bookmakers here and I think the available 40/1 is a ridiculous price for the Clive Brittain charge. This horse is the only course winner in the field and form around Ascot can be a big advantage. He finished 3rd in a good handicap at Newbury behind Muwaary in April and made no mistake next time when he beat Wee Jean comfortably over course and distance. William Buick takes the ride again on the horse and we all know how talented this guy is in the saddle, another plus. Of course the horse has to improve to win this but I had him down as a 16/1 - 20/1 chance in my tissue so an each-way bet is warranted. Brazos - 1 Point each-way @ 40/1 Sky Bet Read Full Preview @ http://www.punterslounge.com/jersey-stakes-betting-brazos-has-been-overlooked-by-the-bookies-so-take-advantage
I backed this and The Grey Gatsby at York last season, finished 1st and 2nd. Put them both down as horses to follow and the form has been given all sorts of boosts this season by The Grey Gatsby. Brazos still has potential and is overpriced, can see why you fancy this. If you get to see coverage of the parade ring have a look at Brazos, stunning looking horse.

Re: Royal Ascot 2014 ~ Day 2 Wednesday 18th 16.25 Ascot: Certify E/W @ 14/1 Coral Certify looks pretty overpriced to my eyes. She was all class as a 2yo and the favourite for the 1.000 Guineas last year until the Godolphin scandal broke out. She returned racing at Meydan earlier this season when she won the Group 2 Cape Verdi over 1m in really good style, cruising up to the final furlong marker and only had to be slightly pushed out to win hands and heels eventually. It was a big shock when she was unable to follow up in her next start. She got beaten easily by the rival she beat the last time so comfortably and surely that performance wasn't a true reflection of her ability. Her trainer stated that at the time,Certify started to be in season, so there is a reason for this poor run. She had a break since, is now back in Europe, and since she seems to go well fresh, I would like to think that she'll be able to run a big race.

Re: Royal Ascot 2014 ~ Day 2 Wednesday 18th 2.30 Liked the look of a few here, and inevitably it's one of those races you pick a loser and say 'how did I miss that?', but i've opted for Redbrook. Seems an improver on last season, and has won both races this season in France well enough. It's a big field, which is a concern since the horse hasn't encountered one, but with the draw placing it near the inclined to front-run That Is The Spirit, Redbrook should be with the pace. Form around Longchamp gives me a little encouragement too, as while i've not seen replays(shame on me), it's a track that does encourage a bit of bumping around. I'd hope that if it's had to battle a bit, and with Frankie in the saddle, they'll be a team prepared to dig and scrap if necessary which in this sort of race is valuable. For dangers, see all runners from 1-23. It's very open to say the least. Parbold and Brazos however, strike me as two improvers, the former notably LTO. 3.05 I like Clouds Rest for this one. I'm a firm believer that it's improvers that win over the known horses at R.A, which while an incredibly bold, sweeping, and all-round misguided statement, this horse is a definite improver. 2nd on debut, before demonstrating the learning at Beverley, and putting in an impressive display at Newbury. This one is on a definite upward trend and at 20/1 for an in-form team and good stall seems a great chance. Tiggy Wiggy absolutely floored rivals last time, and has done well, but I'm inclined to say a high draw could be bad for it's chances. The raider Spanish Pipedream for me at least, is a total unknown. I've no doubt it has a lively chance, but as we've seen over and over, foreign trainers typically discover it's never as easy to win over here. Prepared to be wrong though. 4.25 14/1 for Certify in my opinion is the best value today. Certainly, the LTO is a concern, but it may be a case of 'that time' and it being a run too soon after victory. Has good form when fresh, and represents excellent e/w value if nothing else at 1/4 1-2-3. As always, it's competitive and any race with a 1,000 Guineas winner in it is not easy. Add in the improving efforts of Integral, the unknowns such as L'Amour De Ma Vie(who lowered Certify's colours), and it's hard to be overly confident. However, at 14's, it'd hurt more not to be involved. Not getting too crazy today, thrown them into a lucky with Abseil to make up the numbers. Walked out and instantly hated life for not just sticking Treve in. Can't see that one being caught at all - class above. Best of luck folks.

Re: Royal Ascot 2014 ~ Day 2 Wednesday 18th 4:25 Ascot - Annecdote 1pt Win I am hoping that Jonny Portman can strike one for the "smaller" trainers of the game here and I think his filly Annecdote looks a few points over priced here. My selection was most progressive last season as she started off in Class 4 handicaps and finished the season in Group races, going up a total of 24lbs in the process. Significantly, her most noteworthy performance was when taking the Sandringham handicap over C&D on this card last year. She again ran well over this C&D next time out before taking a further step forward when winning a G3 over a furlong shorter. She ran well on her reappearance this year, if last year is anything to go by she is likely to come on for the run and it would be surprising if connections have not been targeting this race for some time. She will need to take another step forward to be involved here, but it looks to me like she may potentially be capable of improving again and conditions look just about perfect. All in all I think 25/1 is more than fair and it would be no surprise were she to go very close. 5:00 Ascot - Burano 1pt Win 5:00 Ascot - Sea Shanty 1.5pt Win I'm reasonably convinced that high drawn horses will be at an advantage here and I have stuck both my eggs in that basket. Sea Shanty finished 4th in what looks to be a very hot handicap on last run of last season when surrounded by subsequent winners and the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th placed horses from that race are now rated in treble figures, so a mark of 98 here should not be insurmountable. My selection has continued to progress winning both his starts this season and I think it is telling that Richard Hannon lets him take his chance so soon after winning at Sandown on Saturday. Firmer ground here should be more suitable and I would have expected him to be a lot shorter in the betting now but 20s is still available. On worry is he doesn't look to do anything too quickly and can take a bit of driving to get into full gear, so he could well get outpaced and need some major luck in running. Either way the price is plenty big enough and certainly would not swap the bet for anything else at the prices. I could not resist backing Burano here off a mark of 99 as I think he looks potentially very nicely treated. He is a bit of a perennial hard luck story and that has very much been the case in two starts this season when not getting a whole load of luck in running and being nearest at the finish on both occasions. If you go back through his form he has run in some top class races both at home and Dubai and he is now slipping down to a very lenient looking mark in the context of some of that form. The Meehan yard are blowing hot and cold at the moment but they have had a few winners in the last week or so. The trip may be a bit on the short side based on recent form but he was fully effective over this trip as a 3yo and granted the usual requisite luck in running he should go very well.

Re: Royal Ascot 2014 ~ Day 2 Wednesday 18th 2.30 Ascot: Redbrook, 12/1 >Paddy Power, win Redbrook won a listed race lto at Longchamp. He was held up and made eyecatching progress over 2f out. He was ridden just over 1f out and ran on strongly to win by 1¼L. Before that he won on his reappearance in a conditions race. This is a step up in class but he should have a lot of improvement to come. The trip is ideal and the ground should suit. Trainer Alain de Royer-Dupre is in good form and this is his only runnner of the day. Frankie Dettori, who was on board for those two wins and had a winner here yesterday, is in the saddle. 3.45 Ascot: Dank, 14/1 >Paddy Power, e/w (1/4, 123) Dank finished third in the Dubai Duty Free lto at Meydan. She never had any chance with the very impressive winner but she it was a good run. Before that she won a couple of Grade 1s in America. She won the Beverly D. Stakes at Arlington before tasting Breeders Cup success in the Filly and Mare Turf. Both of those races were over today's trip and the ground will be ideal for her. Trainer Sir Michael Stoute is in good form and Ryan Moore is in the saddle. 4.25 Ascot: Sky Lantern, 4/1 >Paddy Power, win Sky Lantern won three Group 1s last season, including the Coronation Cup over c&d at this meeting. She beat the re-opposing Integral by 1L in the Sun Chariot Stakes in her last start of last season. She was disappointing lto in the Hong Kong Mile but i'm going to ignore that as something must have been wrong. Today's ground and trip will suit. This is her first run of the season but her trainer showed he can get them ready with Toronado winning yesterday fto. Trainer Richard Hannon is in good form. The in form Richard Hughes is in the saddle. 5.00 Ascot: Belgian Bill, 20/1 >Bet365, e/w (1/4, 12345) Belgian Bill won this race last year off a five pound lower mark. He finished third lto in the Victoria Cup over a furlong short of today's trip on this track off today's mark. That was his first run of the season and it should put him in perfect condition to defend his crown. The ground will suit. Trainer George Baker is in great form and has a decent record at Ascot. Pat Cosgrave is in the saddle. 5.35 Ascot: Queen Catrine, 20/1 >BetVictor, e/w Queen Catrine was placed in four Group races last year including a including a 2½L third in a Group 1 at Longchamp on Arc day. She ran quite well in her reappearance run in the Nell Gwyn Stakes at Newmarket before being a bit disappointing in the French 1000 Guineas lto. She runs in a handicap for the first time and if she recaptures some of her form of last year then she could have too much class today.

Re: Royal Ascot 2014 ~ Day 2 Wednesday 18th Based on the trends for the races I am going : 2:30 - Asc- Brazos 33/1 and Coulsty 25/1, both 7.5 pts e/w 3:45 - Asc - Treve 4/6 20pts win 4:25 - Asc - Annecdote 18/1 5pts e/w 5:00 - Asc - Pacific Heights 25/1 2.5pts e/w 5:35 - Asc - Muteela 7/1 15pts win

Re: Royal Ascot 2014 ~ Day 2 Wednesday 18th just rating ascot 3.05 ascot ........ anthem alexander 98.77 cloud rest 98.70 tiggy wiggy 98.61 harrys dancer 98.59 ko cache 98.44 tough little race with many of these potential improvers and the bookies have anthem alexander as 2nd fav overall that looks fair as the horse looks to hold a lot of the cards ......but at 3/1 in such a competitive race theres got to be better value elsewhere .......the fav is hard to weigh up as he ran on very fast ground so could be anything really ......wouldn't want to be taking 5/2 on that ...bit silly .........for me the value seems to lie with cloud rest and harrys dancer .........both are improving types same as the favs ............both are ridden by top jocks today in Frankie dettori and paul hanagan .......harrys dancer posted a nice time when hacking up at thirsk in his first and only race to date so has the scope to be anything today and with natural improvement has to be on a par with the favs and priced up at 4x the price around 11/1 ........has to be value ............likewise cloud rest ....done nothing wrong .......looks on an improvement curve and is priced up around 16/1 (23.0 betfair ) .,.......very good value bets in open race clouds rest 5pts win 23.0 betfair (20/1 generally ) harrys dancer 5pts win 13.0 betfair (11/1 gen)

Re: Royal Ascot 2014 ~ Day 2 Wednesday 18th 4.25 ascot esoterique 100.77 certify 99.97 integral 99.80 masarah 99.65 esoteriquue is coming to hand and if returning to the form that saw him finish 2nd in French guineas then this horse could easily run away with this race .......3/1 in places ....is available at 5.8 on betfair and that looks very decent indeed ........of the rest certify stands out as the value bet in the race ...........capable of putting in a fast time and will stay the 8f here ....looks to have all the ability to be a big player her today but bookies have priced at 14/1 .......vastly overpriced id see more as a 7/1 shot so gotta play at that price esoterique 6pts win 5.8 betfair certify 4pts win 15.0 betfair

Re: Royal Ascot 2014 ~ Day 2 Wednesday 18th 5.00 ascot ...royal hunt cup abseil 98.88 red avenger 98.80 Belgian bill 98.77 sea shanty 98.55 pacific heights 98.50 typically open hcap .......may as well stick a pin in it but you can rule a few out and if your horse posseses the speed to get in front then that's half the battle ...........abseil seems to hold all the cards... speed... form ....draw .....this looks his to lose .....price is a little mean around 9/2 .....slightly better 6.8 on betfair which is still on the poor side value wise but is compensated by fact he is holding all the cards !! so cant leave out ......red avnger has very close form ties with the fav and if the fav wins then red avenger theoretically should be right on his butt .......at 28.0 betfair ?........loks amazing value to me .......same applies to Belgian bill who is more than capable of holding his own in a race like this .......showed he was in good heart lately and is primed for big run gen...16/1 the 22.0 betfair looks huge to me abseil 5 pts win 6.8 betfair red avenger 3pts win 28.0 betfair Belgian bill 2pts win 22.0 betfair

Re: Royal Ascot 2014 ~ Day 2 Wednesday 18th 2.30 Ascot - 3pts win Muwaary @ 5/1 (Bet365) I am very sweet on the chances of John Gosden's runner here. Although it's a big field and a competitive race I think he's done nothing wrong in his career to date and can take all the beating today. For all the form of the French 2000 Guineas isn't working out it was an affair that wouldn't have suited this animal. He was keen, got outpaced and then stayed on again - not unusual for a race over the channel. The form of this one's previous two runs have worked out very well though and this race looks made for him. Green on debut but picking up to score, he beat horses now rated 90 and 89 into second and third which is a rock solid start. He then blew away a handicap field on his seasonal reappearance from horses up the weights since to marks in the 100s. My selection won by nearly three lengths and was strong at the finish. Steps up again here but a strong gallop on a track like this over 7f and on quick ground seems spot on and it's hard to see him not running a big race. 3.05 Ascot - 1pt e/w Free Entry @ 100/1 (BetVictor) Massive price and although I think the American horse must hold a strong chance, I can't back her at the price and at a huge one I think James Tate's runner could go pretty well. Although second on both starts to date, she's shown a decent level of form and this type of race could just suit her and I hope she can squeeze into the frame for an upset. She was beaten a nose on debut by Clouds Rest. That one won next time out and is as short as 14/1 for this contest in places. Considering that one had the benefit of a run on my selection that day, I think the price difference today is worth exploiting. Free Entry was beaten at odds on next time out but only by a neck and lost nothing in defeat to what looks a smart type headed for the Albany. They were clear of the third - who had shown some form on debut - and I just thought she ran pretty well. A strongly-run 5f should suit ideally and there are worse 100/1 shots in the world. 4.25 Ascot - 2pts win Certify @ 14/1 (Bet365) This horse looks a huge price to me considering she was a top-notch 2yo two years ago and only lost her unbeaten record last time in Meydan when finishing second. Absolutely loves quick ground and hasn't seemed to have suffered much from the Mahmood Al-Zarooni scandal which saw her banned from the racecourse. Won well after a lengthy absence at Meydan on her first start back and although a little disappointing last time it's possible she bounced and has been given a break since. Her form in the book gives her a big chance here with conditions spot on and she's proven she can go extremely well fresh too. I think 14s is too big and would be surprised if she doesn't go off shorter. 5.00 Ascot - 2pts win Abseil @ 11/2 (Bet365) and 1pt win Gabrial's Kaka @ 22/1 (BetVictor) I know Abseil is a really short price here and many people believe it to be a ridiculous one and whilst it is short for a race of this nature, I really think he's got a huge chance of winning it. He's only 5lbs higher than when winning at Epsom and I think there's a huge probability that he'll improve that much for the outing given he's only had four starts to date, and will improve for this track which should be absolutely ideal. Was a bit all over the shop that day but travelled well and just looks a good miler in the making. His draw looks decent on the face of it and you can comfortably forgive his 2nd at Chester two starts back - which actually was a very good effort considering. I think conditions are spot on and he can handle the rise in the weights. I do think that Gabrial's Kaka is a big price though as whilst he'll need luck in running, he'll relish this test. A strongly-run mile on fast ground is tailor-made for him and the soft ground and track at Chester last time can safely forgive him that effort in a group race won by Noble Mission. Prior to that he won the Spring Cup well off 8lbs lower and was thrusting late from the rear at Haydock when 2nd off 2lbs lower than today afterwards. I always think it can be tricky to come from miles back at that venue and the 1st, 3rd and 4th were always up there so the effort can be marked up a bit. The quicker they go the better for him so this race could be spot on. The way he runs means it's possible he could pull out a bit more despite the handicapper's best efforts and I wouldn't be surprised to see him enter the picture late in the day. 5.35 Ascot - 1pt win Queen of Power @ 28/1 (Bet365) Another big price here but is still very unexposed and is worth chancing at such a tasty price. It's a very open contest but it's possible this one is well-treated on her handicap debut if she's a better horse on a sound surface. She was a big eyecatcher on debut over 6f in Ireland on fast ground when just failing to get up behind the smart Wonderfully (rated 105). Wasn't disgraced when beaten less than 3l in a 1000 Guineas trial over in Ireland by Bracelet next time out on soft to heavy prior to cruising away with her maiden afterwards. Could only manage 7th in the race itself at the Curragh but again that was on testing ground and I just wonder if she'll enjoy this better ground today. Her debut form is strong and whilst she's run admirably since in hot group races, I just wonder if the ease into handicap company off a plausible mark of 97 and on better ground will see her bounce back to possibly her best. At 28/1 it's worth a few pennies and we shall see.

Re: Royal Ascot 2014 ~ Day 2 Wednesday 18th Royal Ascot day two: 14:30 Muwaary Solid form in France 2L behind Karakontie, improvement expected from a stable firing on all cylinders. 11/2 e/w 15:05 Tiggy Wiggy Very good 2yo won easy LTO in a listed race at Sandown. Hannon/Hughes combination is always a good thing. Hard looking race, Anthem Alexander is a big threat. Decent chance e/w 15:45 Treve Best horse in a very good looking field. If turns up should win. 16:45 Integral Big chance, beaten a neck last time and the drop back to 1m will suit. Expect improvement, finished 1L behind Sky Lantern last year and has a big chance with Ryan Moore in the saddle. 17:00 Chill The Kite Won well LTO but now in a bigger difficult open field has a small e/w chance Also fancy Kickboxer in the 20:20 Ripon, might back it.

Re: Royal Ascot 2014 ~ Day 2 Wednesday 18th 5.35 ascot ............ muteel 98.60 secret pursuit 98.60 adhwaa 98.60 very unusual to have a three way tie ..........absolutely nothing between these horses until you look at the prices .......muteel is drawn high and has p hanagan on priced around 7/1 looks just the sort for this race but then you have adhwaa and secret pursuit who are drawn low which is considered a disadvantage but both have recorded times good enuf to win this and with each other to tow along they could act as pacemakers for each other in the low draws ........price?...............50.0 both on betfair !!!................what the hell you gotta have a bash adhwaa 5pts win 50.0 betfair secret pursuit 5pts win 50.0 betfair