International Friendlies 13th May - 31st May

Re: International Friendlies 13th May - 31st May

Uruguay v Northern Ireland Being played in Montevideo so a home game for Uruguay, despite the absence of Suarez they still have a very capable side and haven't lost there since 2009. Northern Ireland have now failed to score in their last 10 away friendlies and have had a mass of withdrawals for the game. The current list of withdrawals for the trip is as follows - Jamie Ward, Martin Paterson, Will Grigg, Kyle Lafferty, Jonny Evans, Gareth McAuley, Ryan McGivern, Lee Hodson, Alex Bruce, Craig Cathcart, Rory McArdle, Alan Mannus, Chris Brunt and Pat McCourt. This won't mean a lot to most of you but 8 of these players started their last game so it is a massive hit to their plans. They will be ultra defensive I expect, a typical 4-5-1 formation, but they don't have the required ability in the team to pull it off. They have some experience in midfield but the attack is ripped to shreds, players from Accrington Stanley, Fleetwood and Cliftonville aren't likely to worry a Uruguay side planning for the world cup. Uruguay are decent at the back too so this makes this bet a total must for me, odds have now dropped across the board, but still available at 1.85 with hills which is playable imo. Uruguay to Win to Nil - 2.05 - bet365 - 15 Points
Result: Uruguay 1 Northern Ireland 0 :clap

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: International Friendlies 13th May - 31st May Italy versus Republic of Ireland, 31st May @ 7.45pm BST Ireland take on Italy at Craven Cottage in London, and for this game I'm going to avoid any goal markets, 1x2 outcome markets or Asian Handicap markets today. Instead I'm going to choose a player to score, and a player who is in form and who is surely eager to score and prove that he's worth a place in the Italian 23 man squad for the World Cup. Ciro Immobile is a good goalscorer, and having scored 22 league goals for Torino this season, including 9 goals in his last 8 games of the season, you would have to feel this player is in form. He has a chance to prove himself tonight, and I fancy his chances, especially since he will start. Furthermore, I was not impressed by Ireland's defensive abilities last weekend against Turkey, and without James McCarthy in midfield, Ireland are missing their key man to balance their midfield. I think Italy will make quite a number of chances in this game. Lastly, Ireland's previous manager Trapattoni was well suited to organising Ireland to deal with Italy's style of football. I'm not so certain Martin O'Neill is able to do that, and furthermore O'Neill is talking about focusing on attack for this evening's game; due to the fact Ireland have struggled to score goals thus far under his tenure. All in all, I believe this is the best type of bet to do for today's game. Good luck! My tip: Ciro Immobile anytime goalscorer @ 2.75 odds with Bet365. 1 unit stake.

Re: International Friendlies 13th May - 31st May

Sat 31st May 19.30 Portugal v Greece I've just had a look at Greece's record against Portugal. In the last five games, Greece have won three and drawn two. Greece also have a very good away record in friendlies - in their last 10 away friendlies, they've won 6, drawn 2 and lost 2. They won in Norway, Serbia and Austria. Portugal have a less consistent record in their friendlies. OK, so past form is no guarantee of future success, and Portugal have the better individual players. Both countries came second in their World Cup qualifying groups and qualified via a playoff. Greece only conceded 4 goals in their 10 games. Greece +1 AH 2.02 sbobet Stake: 5 points
Result: Portugal 0 Greece 0 Bet won :ok Stake: 5 points Return: 10.1 points From what I saw, Portugal completely dominated the opening 20 minutes, and certainly should have scored. Greece just defended. The second half was more even, and Greece had several chances to win in the last 10 minutes.