International Friendlies 13th May - 31st May

Re: International Friendlies 13th May - 31st May

I have found one of the fastest ways to lose money is to bet on a game just because it's there. /
True say indeed. I've fallen victim to that too many times

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: International Friendlies 13th May - 31st May Re. Scotland v Nigeria, I work in Central London, and I've seen a steady stream of Scotsmen in the street this afternoon - I'm guessing they are here for the game tomorrow night - so expect a big Scottish crowd - but also thousands of Nigerian fans too I guess. I think this game is being shown on the BBC website.

Re: International Friendlies 13th May - 31st May 3pts Scotland to beat Nigeria 5/2 Bet365 In a weird way even though Nigeria are preparing for the World Cup I think it will be Scotland who take this match more seriously. I would imagine Nigeria will make a few changes as this match goes on in order to get some game time into as many as possible whereas Strachan may well use this exercise to strengthen his squad’s togetherness ahead of a qualifying campaign they genuine have a chance of being successful in. Seeing options is more important than the result to Nigeria here so I’ll take a small stake on Scotland here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/nigeria-vs-scotland-betting-scotland-look-value-to-see-off-nigeria

Does anybody have any idea how USA and Azerbaijan are seeing the upcoming game (04.00 28 May' date=' Berlin Time) and have any guess for probable lineups?[/quote'] I really don't think it's going to be an easy one to call. According to the bookies, it's clear cut, but like that article says. USA's back 4 is a bit leaky. Azerbaijan on the other hand don't look like they are completely incompetent. E: [TABLE=class: last-five-matches matches-team-away, width: 285] [TR=bgcolor: #F5F5F5] [TD=class: date]05/03/14[/TD] [TD=class: team, align: left](h)Philippines[/TD] [TD=class: score]1-0[/TD] [TD=class: result]W[/TD] [/TR] [TR=bgcolor: #F5F5F5] [TD=class: date]19/11/13[/TD] [TD=class: team, align: left](a)Kyrgyzstan[/TD] [TD=class: score]0-0[/TD] [TD=class: result]D[/TD] [/TR] [TR=bgcolor: #F5F5F5] [TD=class: date]15/11/13[/TD] [TD=class: team, align: left](a)Estonia[/TD] [TD=class: score]2-1[/TD] [TD=class: result]L[/TD] [/TR] [TR=bgcolor: #F5F5F5] [TD=class: date]15/10/13[/TD] [TD=class: team, align: left](h)Russia[/TD] [TD=class: score]1-1[/TD] [TD=class: result]D[/TD] [/TR] [TR=bgcolor: #F5F5F5] [TD=class: date]11/10/13[/TD] [TD=class: team, align: left](h)Northern Ireland[/TD] [TD=class: score]2-0[/TD] [TD=class: result]W[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] This being their last 5 games. Neither Russia or Northern Ireland are a pushover, and they got one against Estonia. The odds on USA are way to low imo, it's not worth touching. That said it could be worth looking at BTTS or USA no clean sheet, or the draw. My gut says yes, but my money says leave this game alone. What do you think?

[TABLE=class: cms_table_table-main] [TR] [TD=class: cms_table_table-time cms_table_datet cms_table_t1401300900-1-1-0-0]18:15[/TD] [TD=class: cms_table_name cms_table_table-participant, colspan: 2]Denmark - Sweden[/TD] [TD=class: cms_table_odds-nowrp]2.40[/TD] [TD=class: cms_table_odds-nowrp]3.26[/TD] [TD=class: cms_table_odds-nowrp]2.91[/TD] [TD=class: cms_table_center cms_table_info-value][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: cms_table_odd] [TD=class: cms_table_table-time cms_table_datet cms_table_t1401303600-1-1-0-0]19:00[/TD] [TD=class: cms_table_name cms_table_table-participant, colspan: 2]Scotland - Nigeria[/TD] [TD=class: cms_table_odds-nowrp]3.40[/TD] [TD=class: cms_table_odds-nowrp]3.26[/TD] [TD=class: cms_table_odds-nowrp]2.13[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] What do people think about these two games? Have found very little info regarding squads for Denmark v Sweden, neither are in the World Cup so is this of any significance? Re Scotland v Nigeria- Scotland have been on excellent form recently. It is easy however to live in the UK and think of the Home Countries as better than they actually are. Do Nigeria look strong these days?
I'm not trying to persuade you of anything, but I have persuaded myself that Nigeria will be the better team. They won the African Cup of Nations, and their line up is very strong imo. I know Scotland can turn up when necessary, so this could be a good game. I want to say Nigeria but Scotland might score. Nigeria and BTTS is a healthy 5/1

The odds on USA are way to low imo' date=' it's not worth touching.[/quote'] I'm not betting on this game myself, but a quick thought - whenever people say that, it immediately makes me think "if the odds are too low on one side, they must be too high the other side" - i.e. your logic suggests it is worth backing Azerbaijan (which could be on the straight win, or some sort of handicap).

Re: International Friendlies 13th May - 31st May OK plenty from England here, hoping to get early news. Main question is: Is Hodgson taking Peru as a confidence booster where he wants to win 4-0 or is he going to rest his regulars to test out the lesser lights in the squad? I think this is the main thing I need to know. Scenario 1 = England in a double scenario 2 = no bet.

I'm not betting on this game myself' date=' but a quick thought - whenever people say that, it immediately makes me think "if the odds are too low on one side, they must be too high the other side" - i.e. your logic suggests it is worth backing Azerbaijan (which could be on the straight win, or some sort of handicap).[/quote'] Yes that's true, 14/1 is a great price but you should never let your judgement be clouded by odds. Quickest way to lose money imo. USA are the stronger side, but it wasnt as clear as them being the stronger side to 1.18!!! The problem was where was the money, the draw or them not keeping a clean sheet, turned out neither so I'm glad I didn't touch it. I'm equally concerned about the Nigeria Scotland game.

OK plenty from England here, hoping to get early news. Main question is: Is Hodgson taking Peru as a confidence booster where he wants to win 4-0 or is he going to rest his regulars to test out the lesser lights in the squad? I think this is the main thing I need to know. Scenario 1 = England in a double scenario 2 = no bet.
Early news is that we will play a strong team, expect Sturridge and Rooney to start in the most attacking positions although it's likely we will start 4-2-3-1 with Sturridge up front. Sterling is expected to start too as he has looked good in training and Wilshire will be a outside chance to start in the middle alongside Gerrard. We will see changes in the second half but I think England will win, I wouldn't put any money on them in the other two warm-ups but this looks fairly safe. Peru have been poor for a while and come here missing some of their best players, Pizarro (Bayern Munich), Zambrano (Ein Frankfurt), Farfan (Schalke), Guerrero (Corinthians) and Vargas (Fiorentina) are all absent and in all 12 players who were in the squad for the last competitive game against Bolivia will be missing, the selected squad have only scored 10 between them whereas the players I mentioned have 62 between them. They are probably trying to blood some youngsters as Pizarro and Guerrero are past their best but there certainly isn't much experience there.

OK plenty from England here, hoping to get early news. Main question is: Is Hodgson taking Peru as a confidence booster where he wants to win 4-0 or is he going to rest his regulars to test out the lesser lights in the squad? I think this is the main thing I need to know. Scenario 1 = England in a double scenario 2 = no bet.
HastGill has commented on England. I also wouldn't write off Peru, even if England do start a strong side. Peru have been poor recently, but South American sides often do well away to European ones.

Re: International Friendlies 13th May - 31st May Put some money by eurobookies on Colombia. Senegal with b-squad and players as Ba, N'Doye and Sow would not play. Also Diop are out. For Tomorrow Georgia -0.25 looks also good. They have a strong squad with players out competitions as Russia. Saudia-Arabia very young squad, with a lot of players out national competition. They lossed midweek against Moldavia 0-4.

HastGill has commented on England. I also wouldn't write off Peru' date=' even if England do start a strong side. Peru have been poor recently, but South American sides often do well away to European ones.[/quote'] Had a look at Peru's record. Bizarrely Peru have only played 2 games against European opposition since 2000, both against Spain, both 2-1 losses.

Cameroon - Paraguay Paraguay coach Victor Genes has picked a youthful squad for this clash and an encounter with France on June 1, with nine of the 21-man group aged 23 or under
Thx for info. The hole squad for those who are interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraguay_national_football_team#Current_squad

Had a look at Peru's record. Bizarrely Peru have only played 2 games against European opposition since 2000' date=' both against Spain, both 2-1 losses.[/quote'] England v Peru preview here. Apparently it's the new Peru manager's first game - http://uk.soccerway.com/news/2014/May/28/international-friendly-preview-england-v-peru/n304971/

Re: International Friendlies 13th May - 31st May Anyone got any news on Saudi v Georgia? Purely looking at recent results Georgia would seem to be a good bet. Saudi losing to New Zealand? Trinidad and Tobago? And getting hammered by Moldova in their last match? Georgia didnt have a great qualifying campaign but they drew 0 - 0 with France , lost 2 - 1 to Denmark and 2 - 0 to Spain which makes me think they're pretty resolute. The game is on at a neutral venue. To me Georgia look a good bet at 6/5 (available everywhere). If someone has any other info id appreciate before I lump on!

Re: International Friendlies 13th May - 31st May 4pts England (-1) to beat Peru Evs Boylesports If Peru were at full strength then this could be a tough task for England as I’m sure Roy Hodgson will look to make a few changes as the match goes on but the immediate threats from Peru don’t look too apparent so I can see England winning this with a bit to spare. Whoever takes the field for England I’m sure they’ll want to put out a performance to increase the feel good factor going into the World Cup so England with a goal start looks good to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-peru-betting-england-can-depart-for-world-cup-with-comfortable-win 4pts Austria vs Iceland - Both teams to score 11/10 Ladbrokes These are two of the more improving sides in Europe so this should be a decent enough game even allowing for the strange timing of it given that neither have a World Cup to prepare for. Both sides have goals in them and both can leak them too so I think we’ll see both find the back of the net before this one is decided. I wouldn’t be surprised if Iceland nick this one but I’m more confident both sides will score. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/austria-vs-iceland-betting-both-sides-can-notch-in-open-friendly-match 4pts Spain (-2) to beat Bolivia 6/5 Boylesports I don’t think Bolivia are going to cause Spain too many problems in this match. The question is how many problems Spain will cause their opponents here. Usually I wouldn’t think they would be too concerned with their performance but when you look at the draw they’ve been given in the group stage they may well want to put a bit of an early marker down so I expect a comfortable win for the hosts here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/spain-vs-bolivia-betting-spain-can-ease-to-warm-up-win 4pts Uruguay to win to nil 8/11 Skybet I don’t think this will be much of a contest in truth. I don’t think it would have been if Northern Ireland were at full strength let alone with the amount of players they are missing who they could call first choice. Uruguay have something to prepare for so I would expect them to treat this seriously for an hour at least and that should be enough to win the game. I don’t see NI scoring so Uruguay to win to nil looks good to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/uruguay-vs-northern-ireland-betting-uruguay-can-win-to-nil-in-montevideo

Re: International Friendlies 13th May - 31st May 20pts England (-4.5 corner handicap) @ 1.90 Bet365 Going pretty heavy on this bet. The last 10 games England have played at Wembley, they have covered this line. These are just the last 3 friendlies played on this ground: England 0-2 Chile -> Corners: 11-1 England 0-1 Germany -> Corners 11-6 England 1-0 Denmark -> Corners 11-3

Re: International Friendlies 13th May - 31st May Having a small fun one tonight. I imagine that the teams who are playing in the World Cup will use the first halves of these games to try out the first XI, and players will be eager to put in a good performance to nail down those spots. Using that logic I'm going for a England, Spain, Switzerland to win the first half in a treble at just under 4/1 from Coral. Small stakes.

20pts England (-4.5 corner handicap) @ 1.90 Bet365 Going pretty heavy on this bet. The last 10 games England have played at Wembley, they have covered this line. These are just the last 3 friendlies played on this ground: England 0-2 Chile -> Corners: 11-1 England 0-1 Germany -> Corners 11-6 England 1-0 Denmark -> Corners 11-3
Where do you find these stats?

20pts England (-4.5 corner handicap) @ 1.90 Bet365 Going pretty heavy on this bet. The last 10 games England have played at Wembley, they have covered this line. These are just the last 3 friendlies played on this ground: England 0-2 Chile -> Corners: 11-1 England 0-1 Germany -> Corners 11-6 England 1-0 Denmark -> Corners 11-3
Well it looked grim after the 1st half with the corner count being 1-1. Thankfully England started playing like they are capable of and they racked up the corners. Final corner count: 8-1 in favour of England. :ok

Well it looked grim after the 1st half with the corner count being 1-1. Thankfully England started playing like they are capable of and they racked up the corners. Final corner count: 8-1 in favour of England. :ok
Oustanding stuff :clap

Re: International Friendlies 13th May - 31st May Chile vs Egypt Think Chile are a great bet here they are absolutely hell bent on performng well in this match and they just have far to many attacking options even without Vidal. Medel and Sanchez should be far to much for Egypt to handle. They will play a fast attacking band and I would expect to see a sharp display. Chile -1 $2.20 Betfair. Best bet of the weekend.

Re: International Friendlies 13th May - 31st May Yeah I went with the England corners handicap after looking at the stats. If you go back further than the Chile game for their recent home games at Wembley it is even more compelling fwiw. England v Poland - 17 v 4 England v Montenegro - 14 v 0 England v Moldova - 9 v 1 England v Scotland - 8 v 3 Thanks for making me aware of this trend Slizorn!

Re: International Friendlies 13th May - 31st May 4pts Netherlands vs Ghana - Over 2.5 goals 21/20 Ladbrokes The Netherlands head to the World Cup with a big reputation but I’m not convinced Ghana will roll over and die for them in this one. I think there’s the potential for a few goals here though with both sides wanting to impress, especially those players who haven’t yet secured their spots on the planes to Brazil so at a shade about even money I fancy over 2.5 goals in this game. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/netherlands-vs-ghana-betting-goals-can-come-in-world-cup-warm-up 3pts Italy vs Republic of Ireland - Draw 16/5 Bet365 In a way this game could be bigger for the Irish than it is for the Italians and I think that shows in Prandelli’s team selection. For Prandelli it will be about getting game time into the players who will form part of his squad outside of the main eleven whereas Ireland will want to put up a really good showing to show themselves that they can perform against the best. With that in mind I don’t see Italy having it all their own way and the draw could just be the value here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/italy-vs-republic-of-ireland-betting-irish-can-raise-their-game-to-hold-italian-second-string

Re: International Friendlies 13th May - 31st May Finland - Estonia 1.66 - 3.35 - 4.70 10Bet Bronze medal game in Baltic Cup, game will be played in Latvia. Estonia lost in semis to Latvia after pk`s , Finland lost to Lithuania 0-1. For todays game, Estonian coach will rest best players and 1st goalie and they already travelled home to vacation. Finland having decent squad with only few misses. In my eyes Finland having big advantage in team quality here. I suggest Finland to win with medium stake. Game will start 14:00 EET.