Everton v Manchester City > Saturday May 3rd

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Everton v Manchester City (17:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.95[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.22 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Everton v Manchester City > Saturday May 3rd Over 2.5 or 3.5 Everton still has slight chance for 4th position so they will try to win this game and get the points they lost in 2 of 3 recent games. City must win this game at all costs so we might see some entertaining football at this game.

Re: Everton v Manchester City > Saturday May 3rd Biggest game of City's season, win here and they win the league imo. They have a dreadful record against Everton away winning there once (I think?) in the last 10 seasons but Martinez's more attacking style might suit them as under Moyes it was real up and under football that left little to the imagination - although it worked well. City have most players fit, the big miss being Silva who has had an ankle problem for a while and it isn't improving, he could be risked but more likely to be on the bench to come on if they require a bit of magic. Everton should have Jagielka back at centre back Distin is 50/50 but unlikely to play, Barry is missing in defensive midfield so Barkley will probably come in for him, Baines got a knock last week but is fit otherwise it's as you were with Mirallas out for the season. I don't think City really believed they would get another chance at the title, last weekend changed everything and they have it in their own hands again. I stand to get a monster return if they win the league so I won't be betting on this one, but I think it will be tight. Everton are very difficult to beat at home, they haven't lost to any of the top sides at home this season - bizarrely their two losses came against Palace and Sunderland, this is last chance saloon as far as City are concerned I don't see Liverpool dropping points against Palace or Newcastle so they simply have to win this game. Will that result in a goal fest? Difficult to say, Pellegrini isn't normally defensive so I expect them to go with 2 up front even though I think it's the wrong tactic for this game, playing Milner in a wide role would really help cut out the threat from Baines, him and Coleman provide a lot of threat for Everton. If I had to guess I would say this will end in a heartbreaking (for me!) draw. I wouldn't believe any conspiracy nonsense about Everton losing so Liverpool don't win the league.

Re: Everton v Manchester City > Saturday May 3rd Honestly, I couldn't believe that which team I was watching against Southampton. Rrobably it was Everton's worst performance of this season. Probably they have already given up the fourth spot. I am going to wait for the official 11s to take a bet here as I hate seeing Milner and Clichy in the City's starting 11. I can't trust Pellegrini as he has been picking wrong players in the crucial games this season (f ex Barcelona game)

Re: Everton v Manchester City > Saturday May 3rd

Probably they have already given up the fourth spot. I am going to wait for the official 11s to take a bet )
I can't imagine that deep inside Everton with 2 matches to play, truly believe there is a chance for 4th still. Will they consider all the talk of helping Liverpool? Who knows? What matters is that if they have given up on 4th then this match becomes much easier for City to go there and kill them. They are playing for the title and they should perform as such. So I'm banking on polar opposite motivation factors here. Similar to Arsenal at home to Newcastle, you could see what motivation does (not just the score but the play) and we all made millions on the handicap. Took City match result @ 1.80 earlier in the week and I don't think that price is still easy to find. Best of luck :ok image.png

At the end the day as a human its natural to want to win so I don't think the motivational aspect will be much of a issue, pretty sad if professionals aren't giving their best and rolling over. Man City win - LAY @ 1.79 Betfair
It's not so much about being lazy/unprofessional and not giving their best. You need to put it into the context of the season. They have played 36 matches of very physically taxing Premier League football. They've been emotionally and physically giving everything to achieve the heights they have this season. Their sole aim for the last few weeks/months was "get that number 4" - nothing else. Now that this has become virtually unattainable (barring an Arsenal meltdown of huge proportions), are the players, many of whom are hoping to play in Brazil, going to go through that grind and that strain again like they have done all season long? Or are they going to be concerned with preventing injuries and watching their fitness/fatigue before the biggest tournament of their lives starts next month? Even if there was no WC, are they thinking about "let's beat city even though we can't get fourth?". Or more along the lines of "I can't wait to pig out on my favorite foods I have deprived myself of all season and go on an awesome holiday with my girlfriend/family while drinking like a fish!" Also it's not like Newcastle's situation against Cardiff where they need to show the fans something (any sign of life would be a good start). Instead they've given Everton fans plenty to cheer and be proud about this season. Finishing above clubs with much bigger budgets than themselves. I think they've earned some relaxation.

Re: Everton v Manchester City > Saturday May 3rd Further to what I said earlier the price on City is terrible, this is a team who have a poor, poor record at Everton (their record since 2000 is LDDLLDLWLLLL). Everton haven't lost to anyone in the top 10 at home this season and yet they are 5.0? Agree with timmy above a lay of City has to be the play here.

Re: Everton v Manchester City > Saturday May 3rd I think City with a 1/2 fit Negrado and a 1/2 fit Aguero are so much better than City with a fully fit Dzeko. They missed those two massively during the season, but with them starting, it just gives them a cutting edge that's the difference in these games. Add to this, that CIty get another bite at being Champions. They won't fail here, against an Everton team that has run out of gas... City win at 1.73 bet365 2 units

I'm thinking City will win this easily. Everton won't want to help Liverpool win the title under any circumstances and fourth is definitely gone. I'd expect 90% of Goodison Park to be cheering for City to win on Saturday and therefore this will be like a home game for Kompany's boys. I was expecting odds of around 4/7 on the away win but will gladly mop up the 3/4 that is readily available right now with Bet365. Totally understand historically this is a complicated game for City and that will entice some opposition to the title favourites. But Everton's form has nosedived dramatically, they have big injuries, and City know they've been given a final chance to take home the title and surely this doesn't slip now for them.
It is a strange situation and I have been doing a bit of reading up on the forum's to gauge the general feeling on the game. City fans want to believe Everton will be going out at 70%, with the crowd very flat and their enthusiasm dependent on how the West Ham v Spurs game goes earlier in the day (if West Ham win that game at 12:45 Everton will be guaranteed 5th at least). I don't think Everton really have the genuine hatred for Liverpool like City have for United, but at the same time I don't think Everton fans want them going on about how they won the title for the next 50 years either. I would predict quite a strange atmosphere but certainly not hostile as it has been in previous seasons, worth noting that in previous years City fans have said that Goodison has the most intimidating atmosphere around, Moyes generally worked the players and fans into a total frenzy for the games against City and it was a real blood and thunder match (due to the Lescott situation mainly and Moyes v Mancini). The above is just the 'feeling' around the match though, Martinez is as straight as a arrow and won't play it any other way than to win. Will the atmosphere at the ground transmit to the players? Can't really say but I think there will be a lot of Everton fans hoping City win. From a financial point of view I've laid off most of my City title bet now as to be honest I don't trust them to get the job done, let me down time and time again when the pressure has been on. From a personal point of view I am sick of the total love-in there is in the British media towards Liverpool, it is bad enough that 90% of the pundits have some association with them, but the papers will be all over it and we'll never hear the end of how they won it 'against all the odds' if they do take the title. Come on City!

Re: Everton v Manchester City > Saturday May 3rd 3pts Man City to win by 1 goal 3/1 Skybet It is never easy to go to Goodison Park and win but Everton’s injuries are starting to bite and bite hard so I think City may well have enough to get the job done. That doesn’t mean Everton are going to roll over or anything like that so City will have to work hard but they have the quality to get the win they need although it may be tighter than they would like. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/everton-vs-man-city-betting-man-city-can-sneak-a-crucial-win

Re: Everton v Manchester City > Saturday May 3rd Yes, that's a good bet ^ I don't think majority of Everton fans would be indifferent if their club hand a title to Liverpool, and i hope most of the players feel the same, as well as the whole club (it would be really bad for Everton in many ways) so i would be surprised if City doesn't win this, one way or another. The odds dropped, but i will try City win by one. 1:2 i guess

Also' date=' i'm not sure if Everton really want Europa League competition next season, that could easily ruin their chances to reach the Champions League spot.[/quote'] True. Europa league is a ball and chain for the English clubs. And to those who pointed out City's record at Goodison I ask: How many of those matches were must win games in order to seal the Premiership with two matches to go?

Re: Everton v Manchester City > Saturday May 3rd Just to give you guys some context, I am an Everton fan and the overwhelming wish of the majority in the stadium today will be for Man City to win. The days of a friendly rivalry with Liverpool are dead and buried. The last thing any of us want is for Everton to hand Liverpool the title so I would be very concerned about backing Everton to do anything other than lose.

Re: Everton v Manchester City > Saturday May 3rd City to win the remaining three meetings and are the champions ! Although simplify it even more. Win at Everton and are the champions ! Yes, yes , as the last two meetings Aston Villa and West Ham. City there on one leg has to take 3 points. Everton 5th , Champions League flew off out of hand, although there is still a mathematical chance. 4 points for 2nd rounds vengeance , but certainly not Arsenal , who takes on this tour West Brom , and should be sent to Norwich. In the case of scoring Everton hurt only themselves , opening the way to the title for Liverpool , for their own worst enemies. Fans do not understand ! Football history knows many examples when the team , which in fact do not need anything , especially losing a game , just to annoy the enemy. City madly motivated , so players will die on the field , and Everton will be glad to his defeat. Do not play at Everton Gareth Barry (31 games 3 goals), Steven Pienaar (22 games , 1 goal), Kevin Mirallas (32 games, 8 goals), and participation in the match key central defender Sylvain Distin (32 games) in question. For City out only Matija Nastasic (13 games). In general, be that as it may , without Everton's 3 key midfielders Yaya Toure and company have no rival. City (-0.5) at 1.79 Sbobet

Re: Everton v Manchester City > Saturday May 3rd Going to go heavy on a City win, however I need advice. Should I go heavy on a City win, however, had a DRAW as a backup break-even bet OR Heavy on a City win, and have a Everton WIN as a backup break-even bet Basically what I am asking is, are people predicting an Everton win more than a draw or vice versa?

Going to go heavy on a City win, however I need advice. Should I go heavy on a City win, however, had a DRAW as a backup break-even bet OR Heavy on a City win, and have a Everton WIN as a backup break-even bet Basically what I am asking is, are people predicting an Everton win more than a draw or vice versa?
If you really fancy City and are going in heavy I don't know why you would put money on Everton win.. Just put less on City win or back City DNB

If you really fancy City and are going in heavy I don't know why you would put money on Everton win.. Just put less on City win or back City DNB
Just went all out on City.

And that's why I have a break-even bet. Thanks pal.

Re: Everton v Manchester City > Saturday May 3rd Congratulations to all Man C backers! The reporters of the match at sky sport said that they thought the game is already over because the crowd doesn´t want Everton to win because they don´t want to see Liverpool win the league. And also they were talking a lot about that Everton has already given up this game so that is why they have been talking about the already Manchester City victory. Also the two Man C goals I think were totally unnecessary and looked way too easy for one of the best defense in the premiere league that everton has. I didn´t think about it from the obvious perspective so I went in with a too large bet of my betting bank on laying Manchester C. But it is too late to regret now. I did a fatal and totally stupid bet, perhaps to worst bet so far this year. I am a shame of myself and will only try to make better bets in the future and learn from this stupid mistake. So to all Manchester C backers, a big congratulations! I absolutely believe that the commentators on sky sport are right when they say that the game is over and Manchester got the 3 points already in half time! Thanks and have a a great day all of you here!

Everton look huge value to me @ 5s.. After looking at: City's recent away form, Everton's fantastic home form and the h2h stats the odds of city win @ Bet lost Well done to all City backers! Everton really didn't care that much to be honest up until last 15, they were all over the place defensively and I'm sure Howard could have done a lot better for all goals. Disappointing but I guess naïve from me, you live and learn.

I didn´t think about it from the obvious perspective so I went in with a too large bet of my betting bank on laying Manchester C. But it is too late to regret now. I did a fatal and totally stupid bet, perhaps to worst bet so far this year. I am a shame of myself and will only try to make better bets in the future and learn from this stupid mistake.
We've all done the same buddy. Just remember that losing is the best education you can get on how to win and kill these bookies.:ok