** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Manchester United v Norwich City > Saturday April 26th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Manchester United v Norwich City (17:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]9.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.09 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Manchester United v Norwich City > Saturday April 26th This should be an entertaining game.United is maybe the only team at the moment who can stop Norwich's free falling.They are entirely capable of losing every game against every opponent under Moyes.The Red Devils play for nothing and Europe League will become a burden if they finish 5th.Norwich have everything to play for.They are 2 points above relegation zone.I think this is the only game until the end of the season in which Norwich could get something.This is their last chance and they should grasp it.Moyes won't finish the season in charge of Manchster United i think and he will get fired.I think a draw is a very probable outcome here and the value certainly is there @ 4.75 with bet365 or maybe AH +1 @ 2.30 all with bet365

Re: Manchester United v Norwich City > Saturday April 26th -1.5 is the way too go here! ;-) Norwich is so bad especially on their travels. We saw it many times, a team reincarnates after their manager got sacked. I'm not always a fan of this cause also the team is responsible for the results and it sometimes really backfires on the club but for united this was really the best thing they could do. giggs is a real hero for united and he knows exactly what's going on in the dressing room. I have no doubts he already has a starting 11 in his mind which suits best. united to win! Goodluck

Re: Manchester United v Norwich City > Saturday April 26th I am siding with Norwich here. Norwich needs the points and norwich have been impressive against both liverpool and fulham, although they lost both matches. but this utd side is being priced as if they are the champions. 8/1 on norwich is a decent price. Sure, with moyes getting sacked, the 11 UTD players that Giggs picks, may well be pumped to prove a point but IMO they are no way near a 1.40 shot against a team who will be willing to die for the points. Realistically, this is the only game where Norwich can get all three points with all the things that are going on at UTD and norwich has tough fixtures remaining. Norwich was denied a penalty against Liverpool to make it three goals and their past away record cant really be taken into account now where every game for them is a sort of a final. They were always complacent away because thought they had the home fixtures to fall on. Well, now they have these games they have to win regardless of whether they are at home or away. Hooper is much better than Wolfwinkel and can see him and snodgrass get on the scoresheet here against a utd team with other things on their mind or a team not yet used to each other and to Giggs tactics.

Re: Manchester United v Norwich City > Saturday April 26th Realistic to get 3 points away at man utd? No way.. United is a mess this year but they stood up in important games like in the CL. They are still by far the better them and at home they always achieved great things. I have no doubt this will be a turning point for them. Giggs will surely wake them up and they still have a chance for a european spot. Don't care if they want it or not all that I know is that they will never give up this game. They have something to proof to themselfs but especially to ther loyal crowd who buy expensive tickets every week. One of the worst seasons for united in a while but they can end it with atleast some decenty. Ferguson will surely have a meeting with giggs about managing a team and moving to the right direction. We will see a fired up United side and they will definitely beat Norwich here whether they are desperate for points or not. United maybe even got more to proof now than Norwich. Price is maybe a bit generous after such a season but don't be fooled by the past. We will surely see a motivated side!

Re: Manchester United v Norwich City > Saturday April 26th Could this be a match where the players now show their dislike of Moyes by blowing Norwich away. And then we all say afterwards "where was that all season?". If for no other reason than to initiate Giggs into management (a guy they all respect) with a win? Well-that-went.jpghave-you-heard-qzlgci.jpg

Re: Manchester United v Norwich City > Saturday April 26th Even if United are motivated like you say, I dont think they are a 1.40 shot here. Norwich performed well against league leaders liverpool in their last game. Sure, it was at home but even a motivated United is well below Liverpool atm for me. I remember last season Norwich was the team that beat a high flying United under Alex Fergusen and although an odds against shot, Norwich are no way near a 8/1 shot for me. More like a 5/1. Yes, their away form is horrendous but I can live with that stat given that its do or die for them and as they showed against Fulham away, they are up for it and they were very unlucky that they didnt score against Fulham. And trust me, Fulham were fired up at home for that 6 pointer. If I were a Norwich manager, I would rather face United away at the minute than a direct relegation candidate away in a stadium packed with their supporters in a 6-pointer game.

Re: Manchester United v Norwich City > Saturday April 26th I think that United would've won even with Moyes in charge but the value definetely lied with Draw or Norwich on some sort of handicap.I think that this 1.4 shot is about Norwich's poor streak and not because United are great at the moment.Now with one of them in charge,i think now the motivation will be sky high,if not else.It's like rolling the dice with this game because Giggs could affect the team only in positive way.Norwich are on their way back to championship but with this still being unofficlall they will give it a try.I think -1EH holds more sense and value given the recent changes in the team and at evens with bet365 i think it's pretty generous.

Re: Manchester United v Norwich City > Saturday April 26th Just saying the fact that Moyes got sacked will have a huge impact on united! Surely not in a negative way. Motivation will be high and enough to get a win against a desperate Norwich sides who will leave space at the back for sure.

Re: Manchester United v Norwich City > Saturday April 26th Just from watching the Premier League for the last few years, there is definitely value in backing sides that are at the foot of the table in the last 5 or 6 games. Palace's win at Everton assured them of Premier League football next season, Sunderland went to Chelsea and beat them at 18/1 or 20/1, Cardiff beat Southampton away, they were 7/1 or 8/1, Swansea beat Newcastle away, Sunderland drew at City.. For me anyways, form goes out the window in these last few crucial games, and I wouldn't touch United at that price, no value whatsoever. Nothing to play for, they are already thinking about next season. Norwich are coming with fire in their bellies, whether that is enough to get a result I don't know but I still couldn't take 1.40 on United.

Re: Manchester United v Norwich City > Saturday April 26th

Senk, I think you are disregarding what Norwich are capable of. NoFear, I think you are disregarding what Man Utd are capable of. Perhaps an entertaining draw?
lol, yeah its all about opinions. We are just helping each other make the right decision. I think we all know what united are capable of and I really hope I am not underestimating them here, I was just very impressed by Norwich against both liverpool and fulham. Especially against liverpool. If they play like they did against a very good liverpool team, I think they will get the win here since in the last 10 mins, they will be pushing for a win much more than a draw, if the score remains equal. And likewise, with united out to make a point, it could also open up for norwich too. Now that they have realised that its better to play Hooper upfront than Wolfswinkel, it gives them a good threat upfront. Norwich away form has suffered cos Wolfswinkel is just not made for this league. 1 goal in a whole season? Everyone is hating Torres these days, including me, but Wolfswinkel is in another league when it comes to failed transfers. Also Snodgrass has been hitting the bar in the past few matches from free kicks and hopefully one goes in this time for my huge bet on Norwich. To be honest, the best was placed before Moyes announcement, and I agree Moyes' sacking will have a negative affect on my bet but I still think the price is off and I reckon my bet on Norwich at 8/1 is still value so wont be laying it off. OH and I dont think either team will be happy with a draw. So I would rather go with the 8/1 team if choosing between the two teams. btw I dont support norwich, just trying to find value.

Re: Manchester United v Norwich City > Saturday April 26th 4pts Man Utd (-1) to beat Norwich Evs Skybet Initially I thought Norwich might have a chance in this match but I’m sure everyone in the stadium will be galvanised by Ryan Giggs taking charge and I would expect a performance from his players. Norwich are likely to set up tight with the aim of nicking something on the break but even a point wouldn’t be the worst result for them. I don’t see them being good enough to get it though and expect a comfortable home win here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/man-utd-vs-norwich-betting-giggs-can-get-a-response-from-this-united-side

Re: Manchester United v Norwich City > Saturday April 26th Where I stand on this: Utd - no value at 1.36/1.4 whatsoever. Norwich - wouldn't touch either. They are struggling badly. They have improved slightly under Adams compared to Hughton, but not enough for me. Played well vs Fulham/Liverpool? Better than previous, but still not up to the standard. Norwich are the lowest scorers in the league with 28 goals in 35 games, 4th worst defence and 2nd worst goal difference. They couldn't score vs. a Fulham side who have conceded 77 goals in 35 goals (2 per game) this season and were 2-0 down at home to Liverpool inside 10mins. As a matchup, Utd won 4-0 at home in the League Cup & 1-0 away in the League. Again, showing Norwich's problems in front of goal. Norwich have lost 8 away games in a row. Utd win the game, I'm fairly sure of that. However, I feel there's more ways in: Utd -1 (2-0/3-1) @1.95, +2.5goals (3-0/2-1) @1.57, +3.5goals(3-1/4-1) @2.37 - all very possible, in case Norwich can find a goal.

Man United win this and win it well. Norwich are awful on their travels' date=' Liverpool took their foot off the gas and made Norwich look half decent last week.[/quote'] Norwich have played one game under their new coach, so you can't say they're bad on their travels. Always amazes me when a new coach come in and people still take in to account the old managers results, number of goals. Man Utd are around 1.40 but if they'd been their normal level this season they'd be around 1.20 here. Question is, will Giggs get them playing well overnight?

Could this be a match where the players now show their dislike of Moyes by blowing Norwich away. And then we all say afterwards "where was that all season?". If for no other reason than to initiate Giggs into management (a guy they all respect) with a win? Well-that-went.jpghave-you-heard-qzlgci.jpg
I agree. How many times do see clubs get a new manager and play well. Especially since it's Giggs I think they play a good match here compared to with moyes and get the 3 points. They also probably want to show that they (the players) weren't to blame for the struggles of man u. With that being said, there is basically no value on the Man United win or handicap in my opinion.

Re: Manchester United v Norwich City > Saturday April 26th I think Norwich's odds are long enough to back here. By all accounts, they have been playing quite well recently. Certainly, their recent shots on target stats stack up well against Man Utd's. Both teams have new (and probably temporary) inexperienced managers. I just think Norwich are too long to ignore here. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be a big win for Man Utd, but also could imagine Norwich seizing the day and getting the result they need. Norwich +1.5 2.0 sbobet 5 points Norwich or Draw 3.6 BV 2 points Norwich 11.38 Pinnacle 1 point

Where I stand on this: Utd - no value at 1.36/1.4 whatsoever. Norwich - wouldn't touch either. They are struggling badly. They have improved slightly under Adams compared to Hughton, but not enough for me. Played well vs Fulham/Liverpool? Better than previous, but still not up to the standard. Norwich are the lowest scorers in the league with 28 goals in 35 games, 4th worst defence and 2nd worst goal difference. They couldn't score vs. a Fulham side who have conceded 77 goals in 35 goals (2 per game) this season and were 2-0 down at home to Liverpool inside 10mins. As a matchup, Utd won 4-0 at home in the League Cup & 1-0 away in the League. Again, showing Norwich's problems in front of goal. Norwich have lost 8 away games in a row. Utd win the game, I'm fairly sure of that. However, I feel there's more ways in: Utd -1 (2-0/3-1) @1.95, +2.5goals (3-0/2-1) @1.57, +3.5goals(3-1/4-1) @2.37 - all very possible, in case Norwich can find a goal.
3/3. Lovely!

I think Norwich's odds are long enough to back here. By all accounts, they have been playing quite well recently. Certainly, their recent shots on target stats stack up well against Man Utd's. Both teams have new (and probably temporary) inexperienced managers. I just think Norwich are too long to ignore here. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be a big win for Man Utd, but also could imagine Norwich seizing the day and getting the result they need. Norwich +1.5 2.0 sbobet 5 points Norwich or Draw 3.6 BV 2 points Norwich 11.38 Pinnacle 1 point
Result: Man Utd 4 Norwich 0 All bets lost Staked: 8 points Return: nil Going from the BBC online and radio reports, it sounds as though Norwich defended pretty well and were in the contest until half time, then United gradually took over in the second half and ran out convincing winners.

Re: Manchester United v Norwich City > Saturday April 26th Signed sealed and delivered. Man utd played great as expected I just knew this would happen with Giggs in charge. He knows the players and the club so well, everyone is really motivated to perform and we could see that on the pitch today! Looking forward to next year.

Signed sealed and delivered. Man utd played great as expected I just knew this would happen with Giggs in charge. He knows the players and the club so well' date=' everyone is really motivated to perform and we could see that on the pitch today! Looking forward to next year.[/quote'] Giggs may not be in charge next year though. :D I personally think he would be a good appointment, he does lack experience but he would have the respect of all the players. However, going with an inexperienced manager again would be a major risk just after Moyes. Can Giggs be trusted with £200 million to spend? And they beat a bunch of numpties today, so I wouldn't read too much into today's win, Norwich are pants on the road all season.

Re: Manchester United v Norwich City > Saturday April 26th I know, that's what made it an easy call for us pre-game. ;-) I don't think he will be in charge next year but there are signs he will surely be in the staff. That's what fergie and united wants. The new manager whoever it will be, would be stupid if he ignores Giggs but I don't think so. With some new good signings united will surely be a part of the title race again next year!