** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Atlético de Madrid v FC Barcelona > Wednesday April 9th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Atlético de Madrid v FC Barcelona (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.06 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Atlético de Madrid v FC Barcelona > Wednesday April 9th Atletico Madrid got that all important away goal at the Nou Camp when these sides met last week in the first leg of their Champions League quarter final. As a result that means we should get an absolutely belting game of football when these two sides meet in Madrid on Wednesday. Barcelona have to score but they are coming up against the best defence in the Spanish league. Barcelona seem to be playing their best football of the season right now though, Lionel Messi is on fire at the moment and I think they might just have that extra bit of class and experience to get the job done. Simeone has done wonders with this Atletico side this season, nothing much was expected of them, but all of a sudden they are top of the league and have a massive opportunity to get into the Champions League semi-final. Over the past number of seasons though we have seen how well Barcelona are able to play under pressure. They had to go to the Bernabeu and win a few weeks ago and they did just that beating them 4-3 in a thrilling game of football. I fancy them to get the better of Atletico here and although it won't be easy they are worth a bet at 5/4 with Betfred. Barca have not lost a Champions League quarter final match since back in 2003 but in my opinion Lionel Messi has to be at his mercurial best if Barcelona are to qualify from this tie. Atletico don't only have the best defensive record in La Liga, they also have the best defence in the Champions League with only 5 goals conceded. The thing that is swaying me with Barcelona here though is Champions League experience, they have players here that have been here and done all this before whereas Atletico don't and that could be the deciding factor. Barcelona WIN @ 5/4 Betfred - Also Get a £25 Free Bet when you Register!

Re: Atlético de Madrid v FC Barcelona > Wednesday April 9th 4pts Both teams to score 9/10 Stan James This tie is brilliantly poised going into the second leg. Barcelona have to score to survive and in all likelihood Madrid will have to as well because it isn’t a sure fire plan to rely on a clean sheet against this Barca side with the attacking mite that they have at their disposal so with all that in mind I think the 9/10 on both sides scoring looks a little too good to be true. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/atletico-madrid-vs-barcelona-betting-both-sides-can-score-in-tantalising-second-leg

Re: Atlético de Madrid v FC Barcelona > Wednesday April 9th Barcelona to qualify @ 1.66 with bet365 Seriously I don't think Atletico won't stand up to their opportunity. Barcelona has been in this kind of situation, under big pressure many times and still got away with what they wanted. I can see them scoring first in first half, and then they will be in the total control of this game. Every next potential goal means bassicly that Atletico is pretty much done.

Re: Atlético de Madrid v FC Barcelona > Wednesday April 9th

Barcelona to qualify @ 1.66 with bet365 Seriously I don't think Atletico won't stand up to their opportunity. Barcelona has been in this kind of situation, under big pressure many times and still got away with what they wanted. I can see them scoring first in first half, and then they will be in the total control of this game. Every next potential goal means bassicly that Atletico is pretty much done.
What Athletic have done this season is 'once in a generation' stuff. To be at the top of the league in Spain, against two financial superpowers is already UNREAL. To have a vital away goal at the nou Camp, is a huge advantage. It's a huge clash in styles. Barcelona ticki-tacki pass-pass, never crossing the ball in the air. Athletico, all court press, very very similar to Dortmund, and the way Bayern played against United when United had the ball last week. The power of Athletico's system is that they know it works. Teams can't play through them easily, and work-rate and stamina makes it difficult to play from the back. Barcelona are not setting it on fire away from home. In their last 9 away league games, they have scored 1 goal or less 6 times. Making and scoring goals is not an ON-OFF switch If Costa is there and I am sure he will be, why should'nt Athletico go on and win this, or qualify ? Athletico to qualify is 2.25 and I am happy with that for 2 units.

Re: Atlético de Madrid v FC Barcelona > Wednesday April 9th Barcelona goes with everything, play with Neymar, Cesc Fabregas and Messi up, the middle will be formed by Iniesta, Xavi and Busq. They need to score a goal, they will have possession while Atletico Madrid will defend with great intensity, provided the limit of the foul, their midfield has to swell making mistakes because will have to do to stop Neymar on the left wing and Messi play on the right, with Iniesta interned in the middle so getting together with Cesc. Atletico first card at 1.70 Bet365 ------- Barcelona is a team dedicated playing from the possession of the ball and pressure contrary to intercept passes, not an aggressive team that is dedicated making mistakes on the contrary, the opposite team Atletico often goes to the limit. Atletico are playing at home and share with the advantage of goa at the Camp Nou , Diego Simeone motivate them to fight over each ball as if it were the last , since they are about to make history. Atletico players (Gabi , Tiago , Koke , Godin) are very likely to make many mistakes. If Diego Simeone gets his way to the end of the meeting with a favorable score may well waste timeand take another card. For many stretches of play, Atleti will be highly aggressive to stop the blaugrana attack. Of the 4 midfielders predictable : Koke , Gabi , Mario Suarez and Raul Garcia , 2 or 3 will end up with a yellow card. Also, in defense, Juanfran and Luis Felipe are serious candidates. In recent Barca - Atletico in the final 25 minutes left without air. No freshness , Atletico players arrived late to actions and likely to receive cards. The possible entry of Pedro or Alexis hinder the work of Atletico defense in those minutes. Arda Turan missing force them to continually play behind the ball. Atletico Cards Over 3.5 at 1.80 Bet365 ------ Juanfran already received a yellow in the first leg 52 minutes. It is the right side, where Neymar acts for Barcelona, Iniesta and Jordi Alba split position, that will be so important to break a foul for Juanfran. Seeing that Neymar is a kind of very dominating player and Juanfran mark him closely, Iniesta is also a player who dribble a lots, can see a hard task for Juanfran. Juanfran (Atletico) get a card at 2.50 Betsson -------- Gabi saw yellow in the first leg after 38 minutes, then made ??two other mistakes they were yellow card ones, normal for a player you can forgive the latter, but above protested in three fouls which he committed, he is a warm-blooded player, if not for serious foul for protesting get too weird ... can see it passing tonight. Gabi (Atletico) get a card at 2.20 Unibet