Cricketing Capers

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricketing Capers WI v PAK WI collapsed a little to 345 all out just adrift of the close. Chanderpaul fell for 92. Mid-range score really, wouldnt expect Pakistan to fall short of 300 & they are 4/5 favourites. draw now 2/1. I expect Pakistan to get levl at least, maybe a lead of 50-100 but they are missing inzi & youhana, but they tend to respond in situations like this. Afridis gone off like a train even in the dying overs of the day....the man has no respect for punters who'vebacked himas highest scorer. Bet 2a: WI win @ 7/2. 4pnts. Liability 13pnts to win 54.50pnts

Re: Cricketing Capers Pakistan finished 22-0 off 4ovs. WI 4/1. draw 2/1. Pakistan 8/11 Early wickets in the morning (& if theres one thing that Afridi gives its a chance...) would see WI shorten again, so one last dabble for the day: Bet 2b: WI win @ 4/1. 2pnts. Liability 15pnts to win 62.5pnts (+34.5) Breakdown after day 1: WI win. 15pnts liability to win 62.5pnts with a profit of 34.5pnts Pakistan win. 28pnts liability to win 43.13pnts with a profit of 28.13pnts Draw. No cover. Loss of 43pnts Quite happy with that after day 1..... Championship: After day 2: Bet 1: Middx got up to 401, & Sussex are in a real 50/50 with 206-5 after being 27-3, Adams & Goodwin turned it round but both fell towards the end. Sussex have to at least get to 350 otherwise theyre in real trouble. Sussex 15/8 Middx 4/11 Bet 2: Notts got up to 469, David Hussey marshalling the tail superbly for 98*, & gloucs collapsed to 250 & followed on & are 3-1. Curtains for Gloucs Bet 3: Somerset rallied to 356 all out, with everybody chipping in. Northants extended that lead to 77 with 25-1, & I expect them to get 300 & set Somerset 350 to win Bet 4: Surrey scored 324 with Ricki Clarke scoring 124, & a lead of 62. Kent are 37-1 second dig, still 25 adrift, 5/6 the pair so I may cover myself with surrey as cant see a draw.

Re: Cricketing Capers ENG v BANGLADESH At lunch, England are 365-1, Tresco 165* & Vaughan 103*......errr...thats about 180 in the first session.....thats quite a lot you know!! think over 490 & the won bets look nailed on from here TBH. In the championship, Gloucs are embarassing themselves & are nearly dead, Kent are rallying at about 150-2, 90 ahead & building towards setting Surrey a target. Sussex are still 120 behind but 8 down, so need afew more & then bowl very well or bat for the draw.

Re: Cricketing Capers ENG v BANG Trescothick fell for 194 & Vaughan 130, Bell & Thorpe then both did well, & Vaughan did declare on 528-3, surprisingly I think, with a lead of 420. So Bet 3 is in - over 490 with a profit of 4pnts. Bangladesh are currently around 40-1 & I think they'll get around 200-250 this time, meaning Bet 2 will come in & a profit of 4pnts taking into account 2a & b. Hoggard has the wicket so he is leading Harmy 5-2 in the match, so really Harmy needs to bowl at the tail. WI v PAK Last I looked Pakistan were 85-3, Afridi gone for 16, so Bet 3 down, Younis Khan & Bazir batting. Bet 1c: Pakistan win @ 10/11. 7.5pnts. Liability 35.5pnts to win 49.85pnts (+29.85) Bet 2c: WI win @ 9/4. 5pnts. Liability 20pnts to win 73.75pnts. (+38.75pnts) Championship. Northants were bowled out for just 100 in their second innings, setting Somerset only 153, which they are homing in on. Notts have won by an inns & 27 runs Sussex conceded 69 with 332, but have Middx under pressure @ 72-4 kent are going mad with 384-2, 322 ahead, with Key & Van Jaarsveld both on big tons.

Re: Cricketing Capers WI v PAK Pakistan now 96-4, odds are 5/4 the pair & 7/2 the draw. Seriously considering throwing 20pnts at the draw, even though only day 2, as that would produce 70pnts with a profit of 14.5pnts, & leaving 9.85pnts profit on Pakistan & 18.25pnts on WI. That would make sense....only problem is that I'm a greedy twat & I cant see a draw! Bangladesh 60-3 & sinking fast.

Re: Cricketing Capers WI v PAK Well strange day.....Pakistan succumbed to 144 all out with Fidel Edwards taking 5 wkts but limping off at the end, presumably why the follow-on was declined. WI finished 168-4, 369 ahead, & with 3 days to go reckon they' try to bat until tea & get 550 ahead. Showers forecast but have been all the way through so far TBH. took the draw at the end as now got full cover & piece of mind foronly 4 pnts. breakdown: WI win: 20pnts staked to win 73.75pnts (+34.25pnts) Pakistan win: 35.5pnts staked to win 49.85pnts (+25.85pnts) Draw: 4pnts staked to win 64pnts (+8.5pnts) Championship: Bet 2: Notts won by an innings & 27 runs. +2.28pnts Bet 3: Northants threw it away & lost. -4pnts Bet 10: Glamorgan beat Worcs by53 rubs. +2.5pnts Sussex will be set just over 300 to win surrey are 11-0 chasing 406 to win

Re: Cricketing Capers ENG v BANG 8 down now, but 137 on the board, Khaled Mashud showing the others what a bit of bottle can do. England still 280-odd ahead, so it'll be the Inns & 200-299 bet in @ 8/1....cant moan!! That would leave me 3.5pnts in profit on the match, if Harmy v Hoggy falls down. 2 wickets left, Hoggy leads 6-4 but is off, harmy is still on at least for the time being.....so might get the tie@ 15/2 yet.

Re: Cricketing Capers ENG v BANG Bangladesh 159 all out, so England win by an innings & 261 runs Bets 1 & 1a: Hoggard took 6 to Harmys 4. -6.5pnts (inc.tie) Bets 2, 2a & 2b: England by an innings & 261 runs, so 2a wins. + 9pnts (-3 on other 2 bets) profit of 6pnts Bet 3: England scored 528-3d. +4pnts Total match profit of +3.5pnts

Re: Cricketing Capers WI v PAK WI scored 371 second time with Chanderpaul scoring 152* Pakistan subsided to 16-3 but Afridi smashed it around for 122 off 95 balls inc.6 x 6s They eventually were bowled out for 296 to lose by 276 runs. Bet 1, 1a, b, c: Pakistan win. 35.5pnts staked. Loss of 35.5pnts Bet 2, 2a, b, c: West Indies win: 20pnts staked. Profit of 73.75pnts Bet 3: Afridi top Pakistani runscorer. 1.5pnts staked. Loss of 1.5pnts (Afridi top scored in the 2nd inns :wall ) Bet 4: Draw. 4pnts staked. Loss of 4pnts Match Profit =32.75pnts :ok Championship: Notts had already won. Northants were shot out for 100 setting Somerset only 153 towin. 155-4 Sussex held on for a draw v Middx at 286-9 Surrey batted through the final day for 333-4 to draw with Kent Leics bowled Derbys out for 285 & knocked off the required 258-6 Bet 1: Sussex win 4pnts. Draw bet void Bet 2: Notts win 4pnts @ 4/7. +2.29pnts Bet 3: Northants win 4pnts. Lost -4pnts Bet 4: Kent win 4pnts. Draw bet void Bet 5: 6 x 1pnt doubles. 6pnts staked. 4.14pnts returned. -1.86pnts Bet 6: 4 x 1pnt treble. 4pnts staked. 1.57pnts returned. -2.43pnts Bet 7: 1 x 2pnt 4-fold. Lost. -2pnts Bet 8: Surrey win 3pnts staked. Draw bet void Bet 9: Leics, Middx & Surrey. 3x1pnt doubles. 1x1pnt treble. 4pnts staked. 5.33pnts returned. +1.33pnts. Bet 10: Glamorgan win 3pnts staked @ 5/6. +2.5pnts

Re: Cricketing Capers County week: -4.17pnts WI v Pakistan 1st Test: +32.75pnts Eng v Bangladesh 1st test: +3.5pnts Total Week Profit: +32.08pnts System Table: Start Bank: 100pnts (inc. to 200pnts 3/05) Current Balance: 209.75pnts Total Staked: 543.85pnts (113.5pnts this week) Bets: 177 (102 if cum.) Wins: 82 (52 if cum.) S/R; 46.32% (50.98% if cum.) Profit/Loss: +9.75pnts. Yield: 1.79 Matches: 68 Wins: 37 Losses: 20 Levels: 12 S/R: 54.41% inc. levels. 66.07% exc.levels

Re: Cricketing Capers NL Bank Holiday Games: Bet 1: Durham to beat Surrey @ 5/6. Durham already won the reverse fixture & are a side with real character, whereas Surrey have lost 4 & are floundering a little. Bet 2: Essex to beat Notts @ 4/7. Notts just cant transmit 4-day form into the NL, & although you feel their time will come, I dont think it will be today v Essex. Bet 3: Northants to beat Hants @ 6/5. Tricky one this, Northants havent looked too bad in this league, but Hants have really flattered to deceive a couple of times & struggled to chase down small totals. Both were just badly beaten in the champ. & think Northants will react the better. Bet 4: Middx to beat Worcs @ 8/11. Top of the table Middx should dispose of an average Worcs batting side, who just dont look as though they'll get runs consistently unless Hick carries them 4 x 4pnt singles 6 x 1 pnt doubles 4 x 1pnt trebles 1 x 2pnt roll up

Re: Cricketing Capers 3 out of 4 winners: Bet 1: Surrey 219-7 off 38 ovs after being 26-4, Durham 176 all out. :( -4pnts Bet 2: Notts 154, Essex 158-4. Plain sailing :ok +2.28pnts Bet 3: Hants 226-7, Northants 227-6 :ok +4.8pnts Bet 4: Middx 224-7, Worcs 192-9 :ok +2.91pnts Doubles: 6pnts staked. +3.97pnts profit Trebles: 4pnts staked. +1.97pnts profit 4-fold: 2 pnts staked. -2.00pnts loss Total profit on the day = +9.93pnts :ok

Re: Cricketing Capers Championship (wednesday starts) Theres a fair write up on OS detailing reasons on all games, & even 3 people got involved....:eek Bet 1: Essex to beat Derbys @ 1/6. Horrible price, but if Essex lose this I'll seriously consider giving up :cry Essex should be far too strong for a poor Derbys, even missing Tudor, Napier & Clarke. I'll stick my neck out & say Derby wont clear 475 in the match. Kent to beat Gloucs @ 4/9. Kent only won once so far but the runs are there, its just the wickets. Maidstone is a high-scoring ground & I dont think Gloucs will get big runs, whereas Kent will. Kents bowling is more containing but without Spearman I dont think Gloucs can take the game away from Kent. Amjad Khan plays instead of Saggers & I think that'll do the trick (I'd be happier with both though!!) kents 3 SA's all play.......15pnt double Bet 2: Durham to beat Worcs away @ 5/6. 5pnts staked. Durham miss Hussey & Harmy but have good new comers in Noffke, whos done well @ Middx, & Nathan Astle. As long as that doesnt upset Durhams team spirit, I can see them winning this relatively comfartably. The problem playing Worcs is Hick can change the game, but I dont rate the rest with the possible exception of Ben Smith. Durham need to watch Vaas, but their spirit will get them through here. Bet 3: Sussex to beat Glamorgan away @ 8/13. 5pnts staked. Theres history in this, Glamorgan scored 718-3 in the previous fixture @ Colwyn Bay in 2000. Chris Adams wants revenge & has said so.....Glamorgan unveil Ganguly but miss Wharf & Jones, although they've won the last 3 @ St.Helens. Sussex are a strong batting side throughout whereas Glamorgan need big contributions from Elliott & Ganguly to go past 300, maybe Hemp as well. Bet 4: Durham & Sussex double. 5pnts staked

Re: Cricketing Capers Championship after day 1: Bet 1: Derby scored 246-5 after winning the toss, but dont think they'll get more than 350. Still its more than I thought they'd get so fair play, but if essex dont get a 1st inns lead theyve only themselves to blame TBH, & shouldnt have a problem here. theyve even come into 1/3.... Kent have reduced Gloucsto 176-9, & I expect Kent to get at least a 100 lead on 1st inns, which will be too much for Gloucs & I can see defeat in 3 playing days TBH. Bets 2 & 3: no play Tests start friday, stats in OS......

Re: Cricketing Capers championship after day 2: Bet 1: Gloucs all out for 183, but Kent only got 204. Gloucs now 79-7, only 58 ahead.......dont like the sound of chasing 150 though..... Derbys unbelievably got up to 462!! & Essex are 123-4 after being in real trouble early on (not that theyre out of it now, mind....) they have to get past 313 to save the follow on or theyre going to have to bat the last day & a half for a draw. Irani & Andy Flower in with Foster to come, might get there....fingers crossed Bet 3: Sussex 225-2 v Glamorgan away, but they need to get around 500 by tea & bowl Glamorgan out twice in 2 sessions to win. No follow-on....no result. Bet 2: Durham bowled out for 256 & Worcs 27-1. Obviously one of those low-scoring dogfights with maybe 3 days enough for a result. Still fancy Durham here TBH, but they must get Hicky cheaply.....

Re: Cricketing Capers Test matches (friday starts) Eng v Bang Not much interest but I expect it to go much the way of the first test TBh, so similar bets here: Bet 1: England to win by an inns & 100-199 runs. 2pnts @ 3/1 Bet 1a: England to win by an inns & 200-299 runs. 2pnts @ 7/2 Bet 1b: England to win by an inns & 300 plus runs. 1pnt @ 8/1 Bet 2: Harmy to take more wickets in match than Hoggard (harmys own turf). 8pnts @ Evs Bet 2a: Harmy v Hoggy. Tie. 1.5pnts @ 15/2 West Indies v Pakistan Decent write up in OS but stats tend to say a result @ Sabina Park. Had reservations after looking at both bowling attacks but both very unpredictable to say the least. Pakistan strengthened by return after suspension of Inzi & Malik. Good weather first 3 days, so laying the draw: Bet 1: WI win. 18pnts @ 11/4 Bet 2: Pakistan win. 27pnts @ 11/8 Bet 3: Afridi top Pakistan 1st inns runs. 1.5pnts @ 5/1

Re: Cricketing Capers Eng v Bang very similar to first time around, Bangladesh batted & were bowled out for 104 in 39.5 ovs. England are currently 205-2 approaching 40 ovs. Tresco still there again on an unbeaten ton @ nearly a run a ball, Bell on 40-ish. Vaughan fell for 44 & Strauss just 8. Vaughan took a little bit of flak last week for declaring when he could have batted on & given a full days play on saturday, so relying on England not taking too much for granted, have taken: Bet 3: England 1st inns runs over 495 @ Evs. 5pnts staked For bet 2, Harmy took 5 wickets to Hoggys 3, so still close but you'd rather be where I am than on Hoggy........Harmy will really want 10 wickets on his home ground. WI v Pakistan Pakistan won the toss & batted I believe, & are currently 88-2 off 25 overs-ish. Inzi is in but Malik fell for 13. Odds currently 10/3 WI, 11/8 Pak, 5/4 draw. Afridi still to bat. Championship. Bet 1: Kent bowled Gloucs out for 98 & they knocked off the 78-3 required to win by 7 wickets, but had 8 pnts deducted for their pains for a poor pitch. Essex lost Flower & Irani early this morning & were staring down the barrel @ 137-4, but Foster, Middleton & Gough steered them past the follow-on to 320 all out, although conceding a lead of 142. Derbys are 90-0, 232 ahead when rains stopped play. Essex may be set 350 in 2 sessions & it would be unthinkable to see them shot out in that space of time by Derbys. Bet 3: Sussex declared on 497-5, but Glamorgan were 209-2 last I looked, with Hemp 100* & Elliott 85*, & it would take 2 poor batting collapses for Sussex to win now. Bet 4: Durham bowled superbly to restrict Worcs to 121-7 in reply to 256 all out, but an unbroken stand of 105 between ben Smith (105*) & Vaas (43*) has got Worcs to 226-7 where they could get a lead, but surely not enough time for a result.

Re: Cricketing Capers Championship: bet 3: a late Glamorgan collapse has inspired Sussex. Straight after I posted @ 209-2, Elliott fell for 85 & Ganguly 3rd ball for 0, & they closed on 289-7, still 60 adrift of saving the follow-on, although Hemps still there on 125. Save the follow-on & save the match, but fail & its an interesting final day. England v Bangladesh England closed on 269-3 off 48 ovs, Tresco gone for 151 off 148 balls, Bell on 57* with Thorpe just come in. The more I think of it the more I'm worried about that runs bet.... I mean it makes no sense to me to declare tomorrow on, say, 450.....but Vaughan won the toss & chose to play it this way, knowing full well what would happen. England currently lead by 165, which arguably is enough now if were going to talk like this. I felt that he would try & give more longevity to the match this time but everything points to trying to win in 2 days or just over again......as I say I dont agree or understand it but he's done it once so he may do it again....he could argue that scoring runs here is actually bad practice for facing the Aussies such is the gulf in class..... Either way, I hope I'm wrong but that over 495 may be looking very foolish......forewarned as well :( Swoop you silly cnut.......

Re: Cricketing Capers WI v Pakistan 202-3 at tea, Inzi gone for 50 but Younis Khan still there on 80-odd. Bet 4: last session day 1. runs under 118 (202-3 at time of bet) 3pnts staked @ Evs Bet 4a: same bet. runs 116-124. 0.75pnts staked @ 7/1. Cover bet slightly squiff because they'd just started when I did it, but hey, I could win both..... Slightly dodgy TBH as Afridis due in soon, but there you go...... Bet 1b: WI win. 2pnts staked @ 5/1. Liability 24pnts to win 75.5pnts