** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Cricketing Capers

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricketing Capers Play restarted: Bet 6(?) (will change if wrong, not got book on me & not enough time to scroll through) Draw @ 20/1. 4pnts staked Dont for one moment think it'll happen, but if the rain comes I'm covered in all eventualities now....safety first....f*****g cowardly though!! :(

Re: Cricketing Capers The draw should have been bet 7. WI only lasted around an hour this morning & were bowled out for just 143, Kaneiria taking 5-46 in the end. Amazingly, although the highest 4th innings score to win was 213-3, the bookies made WI odds on favourites at the start of the 4th innings. Pakistan won by 136 runs to square the series 1-1 Bet 1: WI win. 32.75pnts staked to win 105.5pnts. Loss of 32.75pnts Bet 2: pakistan win. 42pnts staked. Profit of 67.13pnts Bet 3: Afridi top Pakistani runs 1st inns. Loss of 1.5pnts Bets 4 & 4a: Runs in session. Loss of 3.75pnts Bet 5: Pakistan under 370. profit of 5pnts Bet 6: Hinds 5th wkt. Loss of 3pnts Bet 7: draw. loss of 4pnts Match total: +27.13pnts System Table: Start Bank: 100pnts (inc.to 200 pnts 3/05) Current bank: 235.36pnts (+25.61 this week) Total staked: 730.35 (186.5) Bets: 224 (122 if cum.) Wins: 97 (60 if cum.) S/R: 43.3% (49.18% if cum.) P/L: +35.36 (+25.61) Yield: 4.84 Matches: 81 Wins: 44 Losses: 23 Levels: 15 S/R: 54.32% inc.levels. 65.67% exc.levels

Re: Cricketing Capers championship Staggered starts this week, 4 x weds, 1 x thurs & 1 x friday. Of those that start on wednesday, I fancy 3: Bet 1: Kent away @ Glamorgan @ 1/2. 8pnts staked. Kent won last week @ home to Gloucs and Glamorgan & Gloucs are turning into the whipping boys. Since Maynard retired Glammy have looked short on class with only Matt Elliott & David Hemp providing. Theyve since signed Ganguly who seems in a state oif crisis, but they did easily savethe draw last week after following on. Kent @ full strength bar Geraint Jones. Bet 2: Yorkshire to beat Lancs @ 5/6. 3pnts staked. War of the Roses, & Hoggard plays for Yorkshire. Plenty of veterans on display but 2 of Lancs's, Cork & Hegg have bailed them out a couple of times this season, & I dont think theyre batting is firing on all cylinders. Muralitharan faves a late fitness test. Law v Harvey?? Bet 3: Somerset to beat Worcs @ 6/5. 3pnts staked. Somerset havent had the best of seasons, but Caddick & johnson return here, whereas Worcs, as over reliant on Hick as ever (Ben Smith excluded) are missing Kabir Ali & Solanki with England, but have Batty back. fancy Graeme Smith & Sanath Jayasuriya to come good here. 3 x 1pnt doubles & 1pnt treble

Re: Cricketing Capers day 1 scores: Bet 1: Kent are 357-7 off 104 ovs in Cardiff, with Van Jaarsveld 174 not out. Sitting pretty I feel, should get 400 & whilst I dont fancy them to make Glamorgan follow on, I think they'll get a lead of 75-100 on 1st innings, which with 300 in the second innings should prove crucial. If Elliott or Ganguly dont ton then Glamorgan could be in real trouble IMO Bet 2: Yorks have bowled out Lancs for 379 in the final overs & are yet to bat. They have the potential to bat well & whilst its a decent score its not massive. Yorks need to get within 50 of Lancs on 1st innings but theres no reason why they shouldnt. Bet 3: Somerset have done as well as I could have hoped with 359-8 off 104 overs. A few chipped in but as I mentioned both Jayasuriya & Smith got 50's, together with Blackwell, & Wood is 114* overnight. They should threaten 400 with Wood there still, & unless Hick plays a big innings I think that'll be enough for a lead on 1st innings. Worcs are missing Solanki which could be crucial, & now Batty, who was captain, is to be replaced at close of play thursday by a full playing substitute as he has been called into the England squad, This can only make Worcs weaker IMO & I really think that Somerset will take this now.

Re: Cricketing Capers Bet 4a: Richard Clinton top Surrey bat @ 6/1. 1pnt staked Bet 5: 8th Middx wkt still open. Not caught. 2pnts @ 6/4 Bet 6: Durham to beat Essex @ 5/6. 3pnts staked Bet 7: Middx to beat Surrey (straight win after day 1) @ 15/8. 2pnts Bet 8: Durham @ 5/6 & Warwicks (friday start) 1/3. 4pnt double Durham v Essex Done a write up in OS but basically Durham miss Harmy & Collingwood to England & possibly Plunkett to injury. Essex missing Gough to England, & Tudor, Napier & Irani to injury. I think the Durham spirit will see them through, but a high-scoring game doesnt help them. Gloucs v Warwicks I think Warwicks will have the bit between their teeth after beating Surrey in the NL & surviving in the county game. Theyve been a bit inconsistent lately before that but i fancy them to come back here. Cant see Gloucs posing too many problems & Warwicks will have to lose it themselves TBH. Bell plays but before I decide on the size of my single I'll wait for definite team news tomorrow.

Re: Cricketing Capers Bet 1: Kent scored 568 all out after being 326-7, Van Jaarsveld finished on 262* Glamorgan are 175-3, another 244 adrift of saving the follow-on & must be in big trouble. Hemp is 57* & Ganguly 61* Bet 2: Yorks, chasing 379, are 298-7 with Craig White 64*, & are heavily dependent on him as to whether they can get level. they need to restrict the lead to under about 30 & then bowl well on the restart. Bet 3: Somerset finished on 408, but Worcs replied with 328-4 & Somerset need to bowl well tomorrow & restrict the likely Worcs lead to a minimum & then bat well again, then meaning they can bowl last @ Worcs on a wearing pitch. Bet 4: ed Joyce bet ids down. -2pnts Bet 4a: Clinton is 73* & top score at the moment Bet 5: 8th Middx wicket not caught....it was bowled. + 3pnts Bet 6: Durham proved me right & are 380-4 overnight & certainly cant lose from there Bet 7: Middx extended their score to 437 & Surrey are 157-2 with Ramps retired hurt. Bet 8: Warwicks to beat Gloucs away @ 1/3. 15pnts Bet 7a: middx win @ 13/2. 1pnt

Re: Cricketing Capers Bet 1: Kent bowled Glamorgan out for 358 & then again for 260 & knocked off 51-0 to win by 10 wickets. +4pnts Bet 2: Lancs are 291-5 after Yorks finished on 335, Lancs are 335 ahead & will probably bat the first hour to take it out of Yorkshires reach. Should be a draw Bet 3: Somerset rallied well to bowl out Worcs for 423 after being 328-4, but are 151-9, only 136 ahead, but 15 wickets fell today for only 246, so this might not be over.... Bet 4: -2pnts Bet 4a: Clinton failed to add to his overnight 73 & Ali Brown scored 152*. -1pnt Bet 5: +3pnts Bet 6: Durham scored 506 & bowled Essex out for just 106, & they are 12-1 following on Bet 7: Surrey have a lead of 23 but with 1 day remaining it should be a draw Bet 8: slightly confused the issue. This bet is a 15pnt single on warwicks & 4pnt double on Warwicks/Durham. Warwicks bowled out Gloubs for 254 on day 1

Re: Cricketing Capers Outstanding bets: Bet 2: Yorks held on.....just!! They were 109-6 chasing 382 & dug in & got to 273-9, Hoggard finished on 64*. Level Bet 3: Worcs knocked off the required 138-2. -3.5pnts Doubles & treble of Kent, Yorks & Somerset returned 1.5pnts to 4pnts staked. -2.5pnts Bet 6: Durham bowled Essex out for 380 following on, despite heroics from Adams & Steyn, to win by an innings & 20 runs. +2.5pnts Bet 7: Middx/Surrey was a draw but it wasnt a Draw No Win bet. -2pnts Bet 8: Durham won @ 5/6, just waiting for Warwicks for a 15pnt single & a 4pnt double. Warwicks are 320-5, already 66 ahead, & will look to extend that to a 150 lead by lunch & bowling Gloucs out again.

Re: Cricketing Capers NL sunday: Bet 1: Yorks to win away @ Leics @ 1/2. 4pnts. Leics shouldnt be underestimated but Yorks have decent players & old heads & will be on the up after getting an unlikely draw yesterday v Lancs. Bet 2: Somerset to beat Kent @ 11/10. 2pnts. Somerset lost yesterday but Caddick & Johnson played & will hopefully play here also, but no team news yet. Kent lost the last 2 including to Derbyshire & are inconsistent. Somereset have improved in the NL in the last few weeks & with their players theres no reason why they cant do well. Bet 3: Northants to beat Middx @ Evs. 2pnts. Norts are a hardy outfit under Wessels with some good players, & Middx's star has waned in this the last couple of weeks, so I expect Northants to continue their good progress. 3 x 1pnt doubles & 1pnt treble of the above Bet 4: Jason Gallian top Notts bat v Lancs @ 9/2. 1pnt Bet 4a; Brad hodge top Lancs bat v Notts @ 7/2. 1pnt

Re: Cricketing Capers Bad day in the NL :( :( Bet 1: Yorks could only set Leics 172-9, Leics scored 176-3 Bet 2: Kent 319-5, Somerset 245 Bet 3: Northants 283-1, Middx 284-8 .....so including the doubles & trebles, -13pnts, as Gallian didnt play for Notts so bet void, & Hodge wasnt top score. Championship: Bet 8: Warwicks finally were bowled out for 473 & bowled Gloucs out again for 217 to win by an innings & 2 runs. single: +5pnts double with Durham: +5.78pnts So on a loss for the week so far, but 1 NL game tomorrow plus the 20/20

Re: Cricketing Capers Monday Bets: Bet 1: Durham to beat Derbys @ 1/2. 15pnts. Think Durham are very strong for this one. Theyre missing Harmy & collingwood to England but it didnt affect them at all in the CC v Essex, & with people like Astle & Noffke coming in they still have matchwinners. Derby did beat Kent last week but strong on Durham here. Bet 2: Australia to beat England @ 4/7. 15pnts. There is a feeling that England invented 20/20, so they should be better at it....but the facts are that not many of the England lads have played it as its played at the same time as the English seasons ODI games, whereas Australia have played it at home & also in NZ. I think this could be tight-ish but I really fancy Australia in this, hence the stake. ....I'm only slightly dwn on the week, so I'm not chasing losses here, I just really fancy these 2 bets. Bet 3: Durham & Australia double. 5pnts Bet 4: Strauss Englands leading runscorer @ 5/1. 1pnt Bet 4a: Hayden Australias leading runscorer @ 4/1. 1pnt

Re: Cricketing Capers 28-6 :eek :( :( .....hold on....7!!! Oops :o Oh well come on England.......:clap NL Monday: Bet 1: Durham 83-5, Derby 82 all out.....good pitch obviously. +7.5pnts Bet 2: Australia deep in the shite!! Bet 4: Strauss scored 18, but Collingwood 46 Bet 4a: Hayden got 5 I think, but Gilchrist 15 Bet 4b: Pietersen scored 34, Collingwood 46. Total loss: -4pnts

Re: Cricketing Capers Bet 2: australia bowled out for 79 & england win by 100 runs.....good result for the Ashes, no matter what anybody says.........inc. 2a & 2b: -20.5pnts :o Bet 4, 4a & 4b: -4pnts Jeez....what a week :o :sad Start Bank: 100pnts. (inc.to 200pnts 3/5/6) Current Balance: 214.64 Total staked: 830.35pnts (100pnts this week) Bets: 254 (141 if cum.) Wins: 105 (67 if cum.) S/R: 41.34% (47.51% if cum.) P/L: +14.64 (-20.72 this week) Yield: 1.76 Matches: 94 Wins: 48 Losses: 30 Levels: 16 S/R: 51.06% inc.levels. 61.53% not inc.levels dear oh dear, back to the old routine & no mistake :( I honestly thoughtthat Australia would be too cute for England tonight & paid accordingly. Without that match I would have made a small profit on the week but there you go. On retrospect the stakes were out of proportion forthe game, but a big filip for England

Re: Cricketing Capers Tuesday: Bet 1: International XI to beat MCC XI @ 5/6. 3pnts. Low stakes as a representative game, but looking at the teams I really fancy the International team to win. Their batting of Sehwag, Jayasuriya, Smith, Lara, Dravid. Chanderpaul looks to me to be more consistent than the MCC. Their bowling of Ntini, Sami, Vaas, Warne & Cairns has more nous as well. Quite confident of this as long as they take it relatively seriously, but all the signs are that they are. Bet 2: Rahul Dravid top International runscorer @ 11/2. 1pnt. Although keeping, I think this is the value bet TBH.

Re: Cricketing Capers Championship (wednesday starts): Write up in OS: Bet 1: Warwicks to beat Kent @ 8/11, 4pnts. Intriguing clash, in the return Kent had Warwicks 9 down at the death & couldnt finish them. Warwicks lesser lights are contributing & Streak is in form, Bell plays, which is important & I think the game comes at the right time for Warwicks Bet 2: Durham to win away @ Northants @ 1/2, 4pnts.durham look stronger by the week & their runs come from all round a still relatively unknown side. muchall & Astle are key & although Colly & Harmy are missing again Durham hammered Essex without them. Bet 3: middx to beat Glamorgan @ 4/11, 5pnts. Have slight reservations about this but Middx should be too strong, although I cant see them smacking up 500 here, & they have only won once so far. 3 x 1.5pnt doubles & 1 x 2.5pnt treble (20pnts staked)

Re: Cricketing Capers Championship after day 2: Bet 1: Warwicks are in trouble here, bowled out for 252, theyve watched Kent take the initiative with 270-3. Kent will look to bat until tea if possible & a lead of 200, leaving Warwicks 4 sessions to survive, & they will have to bat at least 3 of them, probably more. I'm hopeful here but concerned. Bet 2: Durham are 4/9 tonight after scoring 334 after being in trouble earlier on, proving the spirit in the team is there for all to see. Northants are 98-2 (13/8) & Durham will be looking to bowl them out & take a lead of 50 & extend that to 350 & 2 sessions at Northants on saturday, so a likely draw. I didnt check if Love is out which could be key TBH. Bet 3: "have slight reservations about this but Middx should be too strong"......jeez I wasnt kidding!! Glamorgan declared on 584-3 with Cherry double tonning & Hemp tonning again, & Middx are 96-1. With 435 needed to avoid the follow on Middx need to negotiate the first 2 sessions for the loss of no more than 4 wickets really, & if they save the follow-on they should get a draw here.... The only in-running match other than these that takes my fancy is @ Derby, who scored 191 & then had Lancs in real trouble before Derby old boy Corky dug them out to 240-9. The odds tonight are Derby 3/1, Lancs 1/5, which I think are out of line here. Derby have won 3 of the last 4 NL games and have more confidence lately, & if theyve put Lancs in trouble once then why not again ?? They would need a score of 250+ to achieve this but are looking more reliable than before, so possibly a foolhardy: Bet 4: Derby to beat Lancs @ 3/1. 1pnt Bet 5: Leics to beat Worcs @ 5/4. 1pnt & a 1pnt double Worcs are 158-4 chasing Leics 225, but are missing key players & I dont think will get far past this, & if Leics can get 250 then it gives them a chance. NL friday: Bet 1: Essex to beat Gloucs @ 4/7. 5pnts Bet 2: Jefferson top Essex's runscorer @ 5/1. 1pnt Ive done a write up on OS, I would have gone bigger on Essex but Irani faces a late fitness test, but I think Essex are just too strong

Re: Cricketing Capers Championship: Bet 1: Kent scored 569, a lead of 317, & Warwicks are 45-2 & in big trouble with Bell gone, but Knight remains but it will take some knock to bat the day. Bet 2: Durham bowled Northants out for 214 & a lead of 120, & are 207-4 second time around. I think they will bat for an hour to incease the lead to 400-425 & then have a go at bowling Northants out. Bet 3: Middx did the honours here & declared on 435-4 immediately after saving the follow-on, which could mean the captains are scheming a result between them. Glamorgan are 176-3, 325 ahead, probably too many to tempt Middx unless they declare within half an hour tomorrow, but if Middx werent interested, then why declare ?? Bet 4: f*****g unlucky here, Lancs were out strainght away for 241, & Derbys were out for 185, setting Lancs 136 to win, they did it for 9 !! Theory was right, just a bit unlucky here TBH. -1pnt Bet 5: Leics let Worcs off the hook as they got to 323, a 98 lead, Leics are 132-5, only 34 ahead, & need to scramble another 150 runs to realistically stand a chance. NL tonight: Bet 1: Essex 271-7, Gloucs 216 off 41.1ovs Bet 2: Jefferson scored 35, but Andy Flower scored 127 off 93 balls Match total - +1.85pnts

Re: Cricketing Capers Championship Bet 1: Warwicks were bowled out for 153 to lose by an innings & 164 runs. -4pnts Bet 2: Durham drew with Northants. Level Bet 3: As i Suspected, Glammy declared earlyish today on 256-3, setting middx 406, which they got for 4. Fair play :ok +1.8pnts Doubles ended -2.46pnts & the treble -2.5pnts Bet 4: derby already lost by 1 wicket so -1pnt Bet 5: Leics hung on to win by 12 runs by bowling Worcs out for 128, +1.25pnts Double -1pnt Saturday ODI: Bangladesh unbelievably landed 33/1 odds by chasing the Aussies 249 & knocking up 250-5 with 4 balls to spare :loon the biggest cricket upset Ive ever seen TBH....... Bet 1: Hayden top score, 37 but Martyn 77. -2pnts Bet 2: Hayden 37, Gilchrist 0. +2.5pnts

Re: Cricketing Capers Sunday bets: NL Write up in OS Bet 1: Northants to beat Gloucs @ 8/13. 3pnts. Gloucs are looking poor & cant contain a batting side, & Northants have decent top order batting & are a half-decent 1-day side TBH. Gloucs miss Lewis. Bet 2: Essex to beat Worcs @ 4/6. 3pnts. Essex's batting is just much better than Worcs IMO, who are still missing Batty, Ali & Solanki to England, & Worcester were shot out for 128 v Leics today. Bet 3: Warwicks to beat Leics @ 4/7. 4pnts. Warks to come roaring back after today I reckon, Leics to get blown away. 3 x 1.5pnt doubles & 1 x 1.5pnt treble on the above. Bet 4: Notts to beat Middx @ 6/4. 2pnts. Think theyre overpriced TBH, having beat Lancs last time, & in a tight game I fancy, theyre much better odds.

Re: Cricketing Capers Sunday ODI - Eng v Aus Hard one this, Aussies chose to bat. Symonds not selected after drinking bout on friday night. Tough call, but: Bet 1: England @ Evs. 3pnts Bet 2: Australia runsunder 265 @ Evs. 2pnts Bet 2a: Australia 265-275 @ 7/1. 1pnt