Stoke City v Manchester United > Saturday February 1st

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Stoke City v Manchester United (15:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.66[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.56 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Stoke City v Manchester United > Saturday February 1st United have got nothing to lose in this game. They have to set up for goals and have to go for the win. Liverpool are more than likely going to beat WBA away, and a loss/draw in this game would leave United 9 or 8 points behind them. So it's a huge game for United because they have to match or better Liverpool's performance for the weekend. Next week Liverpool play Arsenal at home and Man United play Fulham. Then on Wednesday 12th Feb Arsenal play United and Liverpool play Fulham. So it's three pivotal games for each team (3 games in 12 days) Forget Everton and Spurs, the battle for 4th spot is between Liverpool and United and United need to make up 6 points. Tottenham also have a very tricky 3 game's coming up (Hull away, Everton at Home, Newcastle away, which could see them pick up as few as 4 points). Everton , losing Oviedo, and Lukaku is huge and will affect them. I think they will slip off the pace in the next few weeks. Only a win will do here for United and they have to set up accordingly. I expect a United team with Rooney, van Persie, Januzai, Young, Mata and perhaps Fellaini as well as Smalling, Jones, Evra to do the business here and get all three points. Just a stat I found. United with van Persie is a 70% win ratio, and without him they are 45% http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/columnists/biting-back/how-the-stats-add-up-for-robin-van-persie-and-manchester-united-29963982.html United need to adopt last years 'you score, we score more' mentality here. I expect goals and a United win so all the bets of these elements look good... United win and over 2.5 goals is 2.5 Over 2.5 goals is 1.8 United HT/FT is as high as 2.5 on betvictor Man United straight win is 1.6 on betvictor Man United score 2 and win is 3.8 (spreadex) Man United to score 3 and win is 5 (spreadex)

Re: Stoke City v Manchester United > Saturday February 1st United finally got most of their players back. Vidic is suspended which is a blow but like you said it will likely come to who will score more goals in this game and Utd should be capable of doing that. Stoke has a decent home record but against top teams who holds possession pretty well they struggle and with Van persie, Rooney upfront with Mata behind them we can expect a lot of shots on target. It will all depend on how early UTD will score here. If they take the lead in the first half Stoke will have to open up a bit which is something they dont like. Stoke is definitely capable of scoring at home and I don't think UTD without Vidic currently is good enough to keep a cleansheet here. BTS is likely for me so UTD to win and over 2.5 goals makes sense to me too! Van persie and Rooney will once again create a deadly couple upfront and will be eager to impress! UTD holds a great record against Stoke won 5 out of their last 6 meetings at the brittania stadium and 11 wins in 12 meetings since Stoke joined the Premier league again. 3th meeting this year including a 0-2 win for UTD in the cup. Now they will have a way better team so anything but a away win would surprise me pretty much. Utd's away record is still pretty good this season with 6-2-3 overall! Time to start a winning streak for Moyes side and get that CL spot. I'll stick to the away win and over 2.5 goals with medium stakes and UTD to score 2 or more goals also with medium stakes. Goodluck

Re: Stoke City v Manchester United > Saturday February 1st If this had been a few weeks ago I would have been all over stoke on the handicap, but with RVP, Rooney, Mata and Januzaj all likely to play it changes things and I feel Utd may start getting a run of wins. Stoke have only lost 2 of their 11 home league games this season. This includes: a draw with Man city, a draw with Everton and a win over Chelsea. I can't see Utd running away with this, Stoke don't let in too many goals at home (besides against Liverpool, but they are a goal scoring machine at the moment) but I can't really find an angle so this is a no bet for me at the moment. Goodluck people

Re: Stoke City v Manchester United > Saturday February 1st

United have got nothing to lose in this game. They have to set up for goals and have to go for the win. Liverpool are more than likely going to beat WBA away, and a loss/draw in this game would leave United 9 or 8 points behind them. So it's a huge game for United because they have to match or better Liverpool's performance for the weekend.
I respect your take on matches, just an observation here. I don't think that athletes think about this stuff that you attribute to them. Athletes go out on the pitch to score, to win, every time they're on the field...they don't think, "We have to match Liverpool's performance this weekend." That sort of talk is for fans...if they fall another 3 points back this weekend, maybe they'll win next weekend and gain it back. Maybe Suarez will bite somebody's ear next weekend. There's no magic to one particular weekend, unless a side is playing their direct rivals and it's the last match of the season.
UTD holds a great record against Stoke won 5 out of their last 6 meetings at the brittania stadium and 11 wins in 12 meetings since Stoke joined the Premier league again.
Again, respect. But seriously? Utd over the past three years, or six years, had a great record away almost wherever they played. Stoke was formidable at home on the strength of their defense in years past, but not against the best team in the league. This wasn't news then, and is completely irrelevant now.

I respect your take on matches, just an observation here. I don't think that athletes think about this stuff that you attribute to them. Athletes go out on the pitch to score, to win, every time they're on the field...they don't think, "We have to match Liverpool's performance this weekend." That sort of talk is for fans...if they fall another 3 points back this weekend, maybe they'll win next weekend and gain it back. Maybe Suarez will bite somebody's ear next weekend. There's no magic to one particular weekend, unless a side is playing their direct rivals and it's the last match of the season.
I understand your point. I think the players are not thinking this, but Moyes has to take it into consideration. He has to set the team up in a way to win. A draw and 1 point is almost as bad as a loss in united's position. They are under pressure and are playing catch-up, especially with Arsenal coming up next week.

Re: Stoke City v Manchester United > Saturday February 1st United don't currently have the mentality to be able to go to the best sides and win - which is obvious from their results - losses to Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool, but their record away to the poorer sides is pretty decent. Having RVP and Rooney back is certainly a positive but with Moyes talking about 'managing' them I expect we will only see one of them start, the interesting thing will be to see how he accommodates Rooney and Mata in the side as he obviously doesn't want to upset Rooney currently but Mata would be far more effective behind RVP than coming in off the wing. Stoke are on a poor run losing 5 of the last 6 and 11 of the last 12 against United in all comps. The general consensus with Stoke fans seems to be that Hughes hasn't been backed at all financially and if he can guide them to survival they will be pretty happy, I'm unsure why they don't play Guidetti as Crouch isn't going to suddenly become a better player at 33, the line-up will be missing N'Zonzi today as he is suspended, they have a small squad and don't have much room to change things, after their quiet transfer deadline day expect there to be grumbles at the final whistle if they lose today. With Stoke's troubles and United getting players back and obviously having Mata available gives them the edge, I don't think the transition from Pulis football to passing football has been easy as he is largely trying to do it with the same players and they can be opened up far easier than in previous seasons. Man Utd -1.0AH - 1.97 - pinnacle - 4 Points

I understand your point. I think the players are not thinking this, but Moyes has to take it into consideration. He has to set the team up in a way to win. A draw and 1 point is almost as bad as a loss in united's position. They are under pressure and are playing catch-up, especially with Arsenal coming up next week.
You'll probably see them playing more conservatively then won't you? Similar to the way they played under Sir Alex when trying to claw back a losing position. It will probably go along the lines of keeping it tight, nick a goal and then play it tight, maybe nick another. Or best case scenario, play the game out at 1-0. Can you really see them piling forward at 1-0 up? Unless Moyes really is clueless they have to play more conservatively home and away IMO. Get the win, a 1-0 win is enough as it's a results business and they "need" the three points.

Re: Stoke City v Manchester United > Saturday February 1st i think United will come out wanting an early lead and put this game to bed before half time. rooney, van persie and mata start. united to win comfortably. 1st half handicap -1 man utd 4/1 bet 365

United don't currently have the mentality to be able to go to the best sides and win - which is obvious from their results - losses to Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool, but their record away to the poorer sides is pretty decent. Having RVP and Rooney back is certainly a positive but with Moyes talking about 'managing' them I expect we will only see one of them start, the interesting thing will be to see how he accommodates Rooney and Mata in the side as he obviously doesn't want to upset Rooney currently but Mata would be far more effective behind RVP than coming in off the wing. Stoke are on a poor run losing 5 of the last 6 and 11 of the last 12 against United in all comps. The general consensus with Stoke fans seems to be that Hughes hasn't been backed at all financially and if he can guide them to survival they will be pretty happy, I'm unsure why they don't play Guidetti as Crouch isn't going to suddenly become a better player at 33, the line-up will be missing N'Zonzi today as he is suspended, they have a small squad and don't have much room to change things, after their quiet transfer deadline day expect there to be grumbles at the final whistle if they lose today. With Stoke's troubles and United getting players back and obviously having Mata available gives them the edge, I don't think the transition from Pulis football to passing football has been easy as he is largely trying to do it with the same players and they can be opened up far easier than in previous seasons. Man Utd -1.0AH - 1.97 - pinnacle - 4 Points LOST
I won't be betting on United again this season, they are far too unpredictable. They certainly won'y qualify for the CL next year and to be honest they don't deserve to.

Re: Stoke City v Manchester United > Saturday February 1st I am starting to doubt if Moyes can do the job here. I understand that it is not the most talented group ever to play for United. I understand that 2 center backs get injured and it disrupts things. I understand that a gale force wind and shiet weather is a great leveler but..... You still have to get the best out of the players that are available. As a manager/coach that's your job. I read somewhere that United have played a changed team more than any other Premier league team this season. Some of the decision making is ridiculous ! They are trying to play 4-2-3-1 formation. It does not work unless you have a great midfield that is flexible and can dominate. After 15 minutes it was obvious that this approach just was not working !!! So change it FFS ! Play like it's a champions league game. Get some control in the midfield. How can he bring on Wellbeck, when you need to bring Fletcher on ! These are not decisions based on rocket science ... I dare anyone here to make an argument for Cleverly to play ahead of Zaha. It's laughable... United are are absolute rubbish, and don't deserve a champions league place this season Mata will be an excellent signing, but the transfer policy, and player usage under Moyes has been questionable at best :unsure Also done with United this season. There is a level of inconsistency that is alarming

Re: Stoke City v Manchester United > Saturday February 1st Yes Man Utd probably should be winning against Stoke but I don't think that's it for Utd just yet. Stoke at home have played: Liverpool, Chelsea,City, Utd, Everton, Southampton and I don't believe they have shamed themselves once. Next home game for Stoke is against Swansea and I think they can pick up 3 points.