Wednesday 5:15 > Champion Bumper

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Wednesday 5:15 > Champion Bumper I like BLACK HERCULES and recommend a 1 point win bet at his top price now as I fancy Patrick Mullins may select him over Shaneshill given that he eulogies about him and also bought him for Graham Wylie (who also owns Shaneshill) so I see him shortening as a consequence. The main reason I am backing him however (aside from his stable having won this race eight times!) is not only was Black Hercules the easiest on the eye winner of a bumper winner I have seen this season when winning at Thurles, but they were also no mugs he was beating up on that occasion so it is smart form too. However, it is his collateral form that really catches the eye as his previous victory saw him beat Cillian’s Return also looks potentially top class now as he then easily beat Vigil (since when J P McManus has since got his cheque book out and purchased Cillian’s Return) and then Vigil bolted up in the always-warm bumper at Leopardstown on Irish Hennessy Day. If Patrick Mullins picks Shaneshill, then hands up, I’ve probably got it wrong but it wouldn’t be disaster as a certain Ruby Walsh would then come in for the ride and he won last year’s race on the stable’s supposed third string, Briar Hill. Dermot Weld has three smart bumper horses, all of which won at Leopardstown last time out but Windsor Park was ruled out at the weekend with a setback and it looks like Vigil will be kept back for Punchestown so Silver Concorde might be his only runner.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Wednesday 5:15 > Champion Bumper In the bumper,it's take ur pick,the prices that win r big,like honeyballs ew after lastest horses looking well with 2 wins and a 2nd yest,at 33s oscarterra is a nice ew price and he did have 2nd last year,so knows what it takes,his only runner of the festival

Re: Wednesday 5:15 > Champion Bumper Weatherbys Champion Bumper(STANDARD OPEN NATIONAL HUNT FLAT) (Grade 1) (1) 2m 110yds Willie Mullins has done really well in this race of late with Champagne Fever and Briar Hill winning the race the last couple of years but I am willing to take him on this year. You never know which of his select few actually has the best chance, he won this with Champagne Fever at a price of 16/1 and Briar Hill won at 25/1. I must say I am really sweet on the Robert Stephens trained Modus who blew me away here at Cheltenham last time out with a 13 length win in Listed company. The other horse I like is Definitly Red and I find it interesting that McCoy has got the ride for what looks like an improving horse so he is worth a small each-way bet. Modus - 2 Points WIN @ 10/1 Bet365 Definitly Red - 1 Point each-way @ 20/1 Paddy Power (4 Places) Read Full Preview @ http://www.horse-racing.org/champion-bumper-preview-modus--definitly-red-to-close-off-the-day

Re: Wednesday 5:15 > Champion Bumper very difficult to rate this but ive had a bash .......... killultagh vic 77 modus 75 definitely red 72 shaneshill 70 I think ruby has chosen wrong here ...........killultagh vic looks the best of the mullins horses to me and given his record in the race the 10/1 available with paddy power looks huge as I write ............also ...modus catches the eye ......seems to have slid in under the radar but very talented horse and posted a nice time ......improving fast and could run a huge race today ....betfair offering 13.5 .....very nice value bets in a tough race killultagh vic 2pts win 10/1 paddyp modus 2pts win 13.5 betfair

Re: Wednesday 5:15 > Champion Bumper Info at Cheltenham is not something I pay huge amount or attention to because all the trainers must believe their horse has a chance,the connections of Golantilla believe it has a great chance in the bumper.Now killultagh Vic the Mullins horse easily beat Golantilla by 16 lengths at Naas last month..But that was on some heavy ground and they think,or at least they did last week that it will at least reverse that on the good ground.Hopefully I will hear more during day as my brother in law who owns a few horses is there today hoping one of his gets in tomorrow's racing..good luck all:unsure