** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

betfair tourney

Osesame

Re: betfair tourney Jez.. some infor .. approx 10 players are busting every 3 minutes so to get in the money 110th you'd need approx 6000 of chips to ante away.. I've been trying to work out a rough formula for it so when I get called out to work unexpectedly I can see if it's worth sitting out to get in the money or going for broke with not so great hands... Anyway GL

Re: betfair tourney Hey Ksportz.... Some nice calculations you do there and I can see their worth however for me I play these tourneys for a gamble, I want to either win the whole thing or go bust early - I cant be fcuked playing for hrs to scrape in for 20 quid. At the moment I know we are gettin close to the bubble so every time I enter a pot it will be for a big raise :) and believe me they are gonna know I aint afraid to call a back raise for a gamble!! The only reason I got my chips is from creating action anyway so here it goes I guess...... Back up to 18k Jez

Re: betfair tourney SPOKE TOO SOON LOL... Open raised with 47s in Early pos...folded round to the huge stack on the big blind who reraised all in...I had to fold as he could only have a big pair to do this in this spot...The only one I wouldnt have called Anyway down to 14k.. Jez

Re: betfair tourney Very big blinds and antes now...a lot of moving all in preflop. I took a short stack on with QTs vs his 72...Lost when he made a straight Was all in with KJ v A5....I made 2 pair on the river to win Called a 5000 all in against a 15k pot with 56 v his A9...I rivered a pair of 6s Up to 32k again Jez

Re: betfair tourney Cheers guys, played very well the whole way through - only actually risking my tournament being called all in a few times. A bit disappointed with fifth, I would have far preferred to win :lol but 1000ukp is not a bad prize for a freeroll. I only got there through a willingness to gamble a bit and raise it up preflop - I always think in these big tourneys you have to loosen up once the antes and blinds start increasing (but be the one creating the action - not the one calling!). Once you have some chips you can be a bit of a bully - just dont try and scrape into the money for 20 quid or whatever, set your sights on winning and nothing else - I could easily have been bust after 2hrs in that tourney but thankfully it went the other way and I got a nice result. In one key pot after a couple of hours I had 30k in chips as did one other guy at the table, everyone else was 10k or lower. The blinds were at 3000/1500 and we were all anteing every hand as well so the pot was large before any action occured. I picked up A9s UTG+1 and made it 9000 to go - it got folded around to the other big stack who called and then everyone else folded. The flop came down K55 rainbow - a total miss for me. Against multiple opponents I would have checked here but there was about 25k in the pot (more than 2 avg stacks at that point!) and I wanted it. Having only 21k in my stack I did not want to put my whole tournament at risk here but I kept the lead and bet 11,000 into the pot leaving myself with 10k and a chance if the guy decided to call/move in on me (I would have to have given it up straight away if either happened and an A did not fall on the turn if I was called). Thankfully he folded and I dragged the large pot, never looking back from there.... At the final I decided to show I was not afraid of the money by moving all in first hand UTG with QJs (:lol). Everyone folded. I have to say I love the end of such large tourneys as the stacks involved are huge, being able to bet quarter of a million is not something you can do every day :lol. After that I kind of stayed stagnant until someone moved in on my blind with A6 when I had QQ. Naturally I called but got a bad beat and he won the 400k pot - leaving me with only 60k. Anteing away 8k a hand preflop now I could not wait more than one hand to move in so I had to with J7 with only 3 players left, the big blind called with crap trying to outdraw me but luckily it held up (J7 holding up - whatever next). The next hand I picked up K8diamonds and moved in straight away - noone called and was back up to 200,000. The antes were now 30,000/60,000 and I was not looking to drop to the point my opponents did not have a decisionto make so I decided to play some marginal hands. A couple of others got eliminated until I picked up J10 UTG with five players left, I moved in hoping to pick up the blinds but unfortunately ran into AK on the big blind - I missed and that was my tourney over with a 1k uk pound payday - not bad for a freeroll. The constant chatting in capslock btw, I was doing that to get myself some action and become everyones target at the table :lol - It always seems to work. By the time I got to the final table a lot of random observors had me down as their mortal enemy or were cheering for me and of course when I typed in the chat box NONE OF YOU **** HAD BETTER STEAL MY BLIND it was guaranteed someone would step up to the buffet and have a pop (oh wait I had QQ :lol ) Jez