Lodge's Thread

Lodge

Re: Lodge's Thread 5.10 - Lingfield - Taajub 2pts @ 6/1 Bet365 I'm gutted the bookies haven't taken more of a chance on this one as i'm rather keen on his chances. Was running in listed company at this time last year rated 103, tomorrow he runs off 85 in a class 4 race. He's won twice over C&D from 3 runs, including this race 2 years ago. Had 2 runs back from a break this winter, i don't think he's shaped that badly either considering he's been running over the wrong trip, drops back to his favoured 5f for the first time tomorrow, 7lb below his last winning mark. Drawn well, will get a good pace to aim at and i'd be surprised if he doesn't go very close.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Lodge's Thread 3.50 - Kempton - Tour Des Champs 1pt @ 9/1 William Hill I backed this one at Cheltenham in November thinking he would go and win, he attracted lots of support in the market and could only manage 6th. Considering he's been dropped a further 6lb since then he looks very well handicapped and i'm not surprised he's seen some market support already. He's won off this mark before, and was also placed off a mark of 133 last autumn in his re-appearance run, so off a mark of 127 he is certainly handicapped to win. He drops back to 3m which will hopefully bring the best out of him, especially after a disappointing run in the Welsh national. Sam Twiston Davies rides, he wears a visor for the first time and at 9/1 i think he's a fair price.

Re: Lodge's Thread Of the rest of todays racing i'm just gonna put a word in for Junior @ 20/1 (2.55 Newc.). Slowly easing in the weights and has a 7lb claimer aboard today which should help over this mammoth trip. Likes heavy going and hasn't shaped that badly the last twice, infact he wasn't far behind the favourite for this last time and has a slight swing in the weights. I'm not going to back him the form my tipping is in but it wouldn't surprise me if he caused abit of a shock.

Re: Lodge's Thread

3.50 - Kempton - Tour Des Champs 1pt @ 9/1 William Hill I backed this one at Cheltenham in November thinking he would go and win, he attracted lots of support in the market and could only manage 6th. Considering he's been dropped a further 6lb since then he looks very well handicapped and i'm not surprised he's seen some market support already. He's won off this mark before, and was also placed off a mark of 133 last autumn in his re-appearance run, so off a mark of 127 he is certainly handicapped to win. He drops back to 3m which will hopefully bring the best out of him, especially after a disappointing run in the Welsh national. Sam Twiston Davies rides, he wears a visor for the first time and at 9/1 i think he's a fair price.
5.10 - Lingfield - Taajub 2pts @ 6/1 Bet365 I'm gutted the bookies haven't taken more of a chance on this one as i'm rather keen on his chances. Was running in listed company at this time last year rated 103, tomorrow he runs off 85 in a class 4 race. He's won twice over C&D from 3 runs, including this race 2 years ago. Had 2 runs back from a break this winter, i don't think he's shaped that badly either considering he's been running over the wrong trip, drops back to his favoured 5f for the first time tomorrow, 7lb below his last winning mark. Drawn well, will get a good pace to aim at and i'd be surprised if he doesn't go very close.
Well the losing run came to an end today :nana Tour Des Champs was a well backed favourite and ran well enough but could only manage 3rd.... Taajub was also found in the market and backed up that confidence returning a 5/2 favourite. Staked: 118pts Returned: 208.82ts P/L: +90.82pts

Re: Lodge's Thread I'm going to go to Towcester tomorrow despite it being a fairly poor card. I've had one bet this evening despite not being overly confident about anything, looking forward to getting to some live racing though. 3.35 - Towcester - Arkrose 1pt @ 7/1 Bet365 I went against Join The Clan last Sunday when he bolted up so maybe i'm slightly silly to take him on once again, but Towcester is a very testing course and 3 miles round here, on heavy ground, under a penalty certainly won't be easy. I backed Arkrose when i was at Huntingdon last month and thought he ran a fairly good race despite only finishing 4th. It wasn't the best class 3 race, but for him to try and win from the front over 3m 2f on heavy ground was fairly brave, he travelled well enough but weakened in the final furlong or so. He drops back to 3m tomorrow albeit on a very testing course and has been dropped 2lb which edges him down towards his last winning mark. In his previous hurdles run he was only beaten 2L off a 4lb higher mark so that form makes him look feasibly handicapped. He likes the testing going, has won over further (something i look for when making selections at this course) and has had a short break since his last run so comes into this fresh. Personally i can't really see much else challenging Join The Clan so at the prices he looks worthy of a small interest.

I'm going to go to Towcester tomorrow despite it being a fairly poor card. I've had one bet this evening despite not being overly confident about anything, looking forward to getting to some live racing though. 3.35 - Towcester - Arkrose 1pt @ 7/1 Bet365 I went against Join The Clan last Sunday when he bolted up so maybe i'm slightly silly to take him on once again, but Towcester is a very testing course and 3 miles round here, on heavy ground, under a penalty certainly won't be easy. I backed Arkrose when i was at Huntingdon last month and thought he ran a fairly good race despite only finishing 4th. It wasn't the best class 3 race, but for him to try and win from the front over 3m 2f on heavy ground was fairly brave, he travelled well enough but weakened in the final furlong or so. He drops back to 3m tomorrow albeit on a very testing course and has been dropped 2lb which edges him down towards his last winning mark. In his previous hurdles run he was only beaten 2L off a 4lb higher mark so that form makes him look feasibly handicapped. He likes the testing going, has won over further (something i look for when making selections at this course) and has had a short break since his last run so comes into this fresh. Personally i can't really see much else challenging Join The Clan so at the prices he looks worthy of a small interest.
Least said the better! Nice day out at Towcester though Staked: 119pts Returned: 208.82ts P/L: +89.82pts

Re: Lodge's Thread The price seems to gone on my main fancy Top Cop but i have 2 other selections for tomorrows racing. 3.50 - Musselburgh - Dreamy George 1pt @ 11/2 Coral Dreamy George doesn't appear to be harshly treated on his handicap debut. I've just been watching the replay of his most recent run and he was a very creditable second despite not being fancied. He chased home a fairly useful rival in Victor Hewgo who must be 130's rated and subsequently ran the Jonjo O'Neill trained Holywell very close. As i've mentioned tomorrow is the handicap debut of the former pointer and he's been allotted an OR of 121. He seemed to stay 3m well last time so tomorrows track and trip should be spot on, John Ferguson is 5 from 12 at this track in the past year and with a nice patient ride from Denis O'Regan i expect him to go close. 4.00 - Wolverhampton - Doldrums 1pt @ 7/2 Coral On the AW, the unexposed Doldrums will hold every chance if in the same form as last week. The C&D winner was 2nd in a similar race 7 days ago, he travelled quite nicely and looked to hold every chance 1f or so out. The eventual winner hung left and carried him towards the near rail and although it didn't effect the result, it certainly worried him out of making a strong challenge in the final furlong. He gets another go off the same mark and this 6 runner race doesn't look as if it will take much winning in my opinion. I personally expected him to be around a 5/2 fav so theres a little value in this price.

3.50 - Musselburgh - Dreamy George 1pt @ 11/2 Coral Dreamy George doesn't appear to be harshly treated on his handicap debut. I've just been watching the replay of his most recent run and he was a very creditable second despite not being fancied. He chased home a fairly useful rival in Victor Hewgo who must be 130's rated and subsequently ran the Jonjo O'Neill trained Holywell very close. As i've mentioned tomorrow is the handicap debut of the former pointer and he's been allotted an OR of 121. He seemed to stay 3m well last time so tomorrows track and trip should be spot on, John Ferguson is 5 from 12 at this track in the past year and with a nice patient ride from Denis O'Regan i expect him to go close.
Dreamy George is a non runner due to the going, looks like its going to be rather testing at Musselburgh today. Doldrums has been hit with a 15p rule 4 so far, with English Summer a non runner in her race. May be back with another AW selection in a while...

4.00 - Wolverhampton - Doldrums 1pt @ 7/2 Coral On the AW, the unexposed Doldrums will hold every chance if in the same form as last week. The C&D winner was 2nd in a similar race 7 days ago, he travelled quite nicely and looked to hold every chance 1f or so out. The eventual winner hung left and carried him towards the near rail and although it didn't effect the result, it certainly worried him out of making a strong challenge in the final furlong. He gets another go off the same mark and this 6 runner race doesn't look as if it will take much winning in my opinion. I personally expected him to be around a 5/2 fav so theres a little value in this price.
11/8 favourite, well beaten :eyes Staked: 120pts Returned: 208.82ts P/L: +88.82pts

Re: Lodge's Thread 4.40 - Leicester - Carpincho 1pt @ 11/1 Bet365 Carpincho folded tamely last time but i'm not convinced he has the stamina for 3m+ on testing ground so the fact he takes a marked drop in trip is a big positive in my opinion. In his previous run he travelled like an absolute dream before finding very little and finishing 3rd. It was his first run for over 200 days though so theres a good chance he could have needed the run. That run came over tomorrows distance of 2m 4f and was also off a 7lb higher mark than he runs off tomorrow. He hasn't won a handicap but did win as a novice chaser twice including on soft ground and is well in on his form from a season or so back. This doesn't look the strongest contest, most of these are of class 5 quality and his last race was 2 grades higher than that so the drop in grade may also do him some good. Richard Johnson rides and his record for this yard is worth taking note of. He's had 7 rides, with 3 winners and 2 places.

Re: Lodge's Thread 5.00 - Lingfield - Duly Acclaimed 1pt @ 8/1 Bet365 I'm rather surprised by the price of Duly Acclaimed. When you look at this race its rather hard to make a case for the bottom 3 in the handicap, who will all need to step up quite abit to win this race. Plus theres Ventura Reef who's been beaten by 9+ lengths in all 3 maiden starts yet is a 7/2 shot simply on his yard. Stan Moore's filly looks value to me at around 8/1. i didn't think she ran too badly off this mark on handicap debut last week, travelling well out wide, one of the last off the bridle but not quite having the turn of food to go with the front few. She takes a fairly big step up in trip tomorrow and the way she shaped last time suggests it could well suit. She started life in 1m maidens which hints she has some stamina and her sire has a 15% strike rate at this distance on the AW. The fact she has been turned out quickly is also a suggestion she could run well this race lacks depth so with a 5lb claimer aboad to ease the weight burden i expect her to go well. The short price favourite has a cracking chance but i'll take him on here with Duly Acclaimed who looks a big price in a weak 6 runner race.

Re: Lodge's Thread First selection for tomorrow, will do my usual round up after Duly Acclaimed runs... 3.30 - Bangor - Monetary Fund 1pt @ 3/1 BetVictor I was keen on Monetary Fund last time and although he fell, he was still going well and tomorrows race represents a much easier task than he has been used to. He’s been competing some of the most competitive 3m handicaps this season so this class 3, 6 runner race must represent a good opportunity to the 8yo. On the best of his form he looks well in off a mark of 127, having beaten by a head in a better race last year off a mark of 130. He hasn’t won for a while but while Venetia Williams can do no wrong i think he’s worth a bet despite the relatively short price. He’s been well backed in his most recent starts and i expect this to be the case tomorrow too, i personally think he's as likely as any to win.

4.40 - Leicester - Carpincho 1pt @ 11/1 Bet365 Carpincho folded tamely last time but i'm not convinced he has the stamina for 3m+ on testing ground so the fact he takes a marked drop in trip is a big positive in my opinion. In his previous run he travelled like an absolute dream before finding very little and finishing 3rd. It was his first run for over 200 days though so theres a good chance he could have needed the run. That run came over tomorrows distance of 2m 4f and was also off a 7lb higher mark than he runs off tomorrow. He hasn't won a handicap but did win as a novice chaser twice including on soft ground and is well in on his form from a season or so back. This doesn't look the strongest contest, most of these are of class 5 quality and his last race was 2 grades higher than that so the drop in grade may also do him some good. Richard Johnson rides and his record for this yard is worth taking note of. He's had 7 rides, with 3 winners and 2 places.
5.00 - Lingfield - Duly Acclaimed 1pt @ 8/1 Bet365 I'm rather surprised by the price of Duly Acclaimed. When you look at this race its rather hard to make a case for the bottom 3 in the handicap, who will all need to step up quite abit to win this race. Plus theres Ventura Reef who's been beaten by 9+ lengths in all 3 maiden starts yet is a 7/2 shot simply on his yard. Stan Moore's filly looks value to me at around 8/1. i didn't think she ran too badly off this mark on handicap debut last week, travelling well out wide, one of the last off the bridle but not quite having the turn of food to go with the front few. She takes a fairly big step up in trip tomorrow and the way she shaped last time suggests it could well suit. She started life in 1m maidens which hints she has some stamina and her sire has a 15% strike rate at this distance on the AW. The fact she has been turned out quickly is also a suggestion she could run well this race lacks depth so with a 5lb claimer aboad to ease the weight burden i expect her to go well. The short price favourite has a cracking chance but i'll take him on here with Duly Acclaimed who looks a big price in a weak 6 runner race.
Well, all i am going to say is thank god Duly Acclaimed stuck his neck out and took that there as i was abit annoyed with the previous race :lol Carpincho was a well backed favourite, going off at 10/3 :eek he ran a really good race but was no match for Lord Landon who seems to have found about 25lbs from when i saw him at Towcester late last year, he was even beaten 20L over C&D recently so don't know where that has come from. As mentioned Duly Acclaimed wins at 11/4 by the smallest of margins :clap 2 non runners but no rule 4 on the 8/1 so that certainly proved a good price. 1 selection already up for tomorrow, just waiting for a price on another... I seem to have messed up my P/L in the last few days, here a correct update: Staked: 122pts Returned: 217.82ts P/L: +95.82pts

Re: Lodge's Thread 8.20 - Kempton - First Class 1pt @ 14/1 Bet365 First Class is probably worth another try at 1m and if he does see out the extra furlong i expect him to go very close. I thought his run last time was a suggestion that his turn may be near. He was 4th only beaten a length or so and was finishing strongly. He ran similarly the time before too, although not finishing quite so close. It could just be a case of him passing beaten horses but i feel the way he has finished his last 2 races suggest the return to 1m could suit. He seems to like Kempton having won here 3 times from 9 runs, and also takes the drop down to a class 6 race for the first time in over 6 months which could well favour him too. The form of his last run looks rock solid, the winner has gone in again off his revised mark and the only other horse to have run since has won too (Khajaaly). I think he’ll need a patient ride to get the trip anyway so i don’t see why the wide draw is massive problem, he has won here over 7f from stall 7 and 9. And at 14/1 he is worthy of a small interest.

Re: Lodge's Thread I have only had time to go through the AW cards for tomorrow. Nothing really shouts value but i have got one selection: 6.30 - Kempton - Abigails Angel - 1pt @ 8/1 Paddypower Not my usual type of selection really, as i'm not totally convinced this is a great price but this race won't take much winning and the fact the bookies have been cautious with their prices could suggest she'll run okay. Abigails Angel is looking very well handicapped at the minute, she hasn't won for a while and has now dropped 17lb below her last winning mark. You don't have to look too far back to see some form that would make her very hard to beat though. She ran very well off a mark of 69 in September and shaped better than the bare result over C&D in November off a mark of 70, so off 55 tomorrow and in much weaker company she should have claims. She's run in sellers mainly of late, not being beaten far by horses officially rated much better than her either The claimer that has been aboard is replaced by Adam Kirby tomorrow and she also has a first time visor. I can probably read too much into jockey bookings sometimes but i really like the fact that Kirby is on board for a number of reasons, firstly he is 1 from 3 for the yard in the last 12 months, he doesn't ride for them often but when he does it has a chance. Secondly he's rode the horse a number of times before in the distant past, including winning aboard her twice and a further 4 places. And thirdly because he's probably had the choice of this one and Mr Chocolate Drop who he has ridden twice recently and also looks to have a good chance. All in all this looks an all or nothing selection and the market will probably give plenty of clues to her chances. I'll take the risk this evening that a big run is on the cards, the only other firms to price up have gone 11/2 or 5/1 so 8's could prove big.

First selection for tomorrow, will do my usual round up after Duly Acclaimed runs... 3.30 - Bangor - Monetary Fund 1pt @ 3/1 BetVictor I was keen on Monetary Fund last time and although he fell, he was still going well and tomorrows race represents a much easier task than he has been used to. He’s been competing some of the most competitive 3m handicaps this season so this class 3, 6 runner race must represent a good opportunity to the 8yo. On the best of his form he looks well in off a mark of 127, having beaten by a head in a better race last year off a mark of 130. He hasn’t won for a while but while Venetia Williams can do no wrong i think he’s worth a bet despite the relatively short price. He’s been well backed in his most recent starts and i expect this to be the case tomorrow too, i personally think he's as likely as any to win.
8.20 - Kempton - First Class 1pt @ 14/1 Bet365 First Class is probably worth another try at 1m and if he does see out the extra furlong i expect him to go very close. I thought his run last time was a suggestion that his turn may be near. He was 4th only beaten a length or so and was finishing strongly. He ran similarly the time before too, although not finishing quite so close. It could just be a case of him passing beaten horses but i feel the way he has finished his last 2 races suggest the return to 1m could suit. He seems to like Kempton having won here 3 times from 9 runs, and also takes the drop down to a class 6 race for the first time in over 6 months which could well favour him too. The form of his last run looks rock solid, the winner has gone in again off his revised mark and the only other horse to have run since has won too (Khajaaly). I think he’ll need a patient ride to get the trip anyway so i don’t see why the wide draw is massive problem, he has won here over 7f from stall 7 and 9. And at 14/1 he is worthy of a small interest.
Disappointing day. Monetary Fund travelled well enough for a long way but went out like a light. There wasn't much money around for him today which did give me the feeling he wasn't going to win. First Class ran eel though, there was a bit of money about for him going off at 8/1. He got a good ride but probably didn't see out the 1m trip as well as i had hoped. He'll win a class 6 race over 7f soon enough though and will remain in my notebook. I have just been going throughout the NH cards for tomorrow and may have a selection to add to the one posted above... Staked: 124pts Returned: 217.82ts P/L: +93.82pts

Re: Lodge's Thread 4.00 - Ludlow - Spencer Lea 1pt @ 7/1 Bet365 This race looks a really competitive affair and you can make a very strong case for most of these. Garrahallish was the one i was initially drawn to. I saw him at Towcester when he was 3rd in a decent novice hurdle at 100/1. He backed that up by winning nto but i just have a slight doubt as to whether this is his best trip. He certainly needs further than 2m based on his effort last time out but 2m 5f in testing ground could just prove a little bit fair in my opinion, and he does have to give a lot of weight away. The one i have gone for is Spencer Lea, who's been alloted a mark of 109 after some reasonable efforts in novice hurdles. I thought his run behind the useful looking Classic Move was a solid effort despite some sketchy jumping. He stayed on to beat Theatrebar who has since gone close off marks of 114 and 120 in handicaps, plus the winner scored by 23 lengths next time. He then ran at Kempton over the extended 3 miles, he was beaten 40 odd lengths and i think it was just a case that he didn't get the trip, he still had every chance 3 out before weakening so the step back by half a mile will certainly help tomorrow. Richard Johnson takes over in the saddle from a claimer, he handles testing ground and this trip promises to suit better than last time. I expect him to run well...

4.00 - Ludlow - Spencer Lea 1pt @ 7/1 Bet365 This race looks a really competitive affair and you can make a very strong case for most of these. Garrahallish was the one i was initially drawn to. I saw him at Towcester when he was 3rd in a decent novice hurdle at 100/1. He backed that up by winning nto but i just have a slight doubt as to whether this is his best trip. He certainly needs further than 2m based on his effort last time out but 2m 5f in testing ground could just prove a little bit fair in my opinion, and he does have to give a lot of weight away. The one i have gone for is Spencer Lea, who's been alloted a mark of 109 after some reasonable efforts in novice hurdles. I thought his run behind the useful looking Classic Move was a solid effort despite some sketchy jumping. He stayed on to beat Theatrebar who has since gone close off marks of 114 and 120 in handicaps, plus the winner scored by 23 lengths next time. He then ran at Kempton over the extended 3 miles, he was beaten 40 odd lengths and i think it was just a case that he didn't get the trip, he still had every chance 3 out before weakening so the step back by half a mile will certainly help tomorrow. Richard Johnson takes over in the saddle from a claimer, he handles testing ground and this trip promises to suit better than last time. I expect him to run well...
I have only had time to go through the AW cards for tomorrow. Nothing really shouts value but i have got one selection: 6.30 - Kempton - Abigails Angel - 1pt @ 8/1 Paddypower Not my usual type of selection really, as i'm not totally convinced this is a great price but this race won't take much winning and the fact the bookies have been cautious with their prices could suggest she'll run okay. Abigails Angel is looking very well handicapped at the minute, she hasn't won for a while and has now dropped 17lb below her last winning mark. You don't have to look too far back to see some form that would make her very hard to beat though. She ran very well off a mark of 69 in September and shaped better than the bare result over C&D in November off a mark of 70, so off 55 tomorrow and in much weaker company she should have claims. She's run in sellers mainly of late, not being beaten far by horses officially rated much better than her either The claimer that has been aboard is replaced by Adam Kirby tomorrow and she also has a first time visor. I can probably read too much into jockey bookings sometimes but i really like the fact that Kirby is on board for a number of reasons, firstly he is 1 from 3 for the yard in the last 12 months, he doesn't ride for them often but when he does it has a chance. Secondly he's rode the horse a number of times before in the distant past, including winning aboard her twice and a further 4 places. And thirdly because he's probably had the choice of this one and Mr Chocolate Drop who he has ridden twice recently and also looks to have a good chance. All in all this looks an all or nothing selection and the market will probably give plenty of clues to her chances. I'll take the risk this evening that a big run is on the cards, the only other firms to price up have gone 11/2 or 5/1 so 8's could prove big.
Very late posting this evening as i've been stuck at Watford for the last 3 hours due to some idiot throwing themselves in front of a train. Pleased to report of a winner today though. Spencer Lea wins at an SP of 7/2, opening mark proved very lenient. Bit disappointed with Abigails Angel however, she was last despite being an 11/4 favourite. Rather surprised Fleetwoodsands won that race too. He was crap when i backed him last time, usual tongue tie left off and he drifted before the off... Profit creeping up to the 100pt mark :clap Staked: 126pts Returned: 225.82ts P/L: +99.82pts

Re: Lodge's Thread 3.00 - Lingfield - Dawn Catcher @ 8/1 Paddypower Only the one of interest tomorrow and its Dawn Catcher in the sprint handicap at Lingfield. He was certainly an eye catcher in a similar race last time out, he looked to be ready to make a big challenge before being stuck behind a wall of horses and never getting a run. That was his first run for 3 months and you'd expect him to strip abit fitter tomorrow. He was beaten less than 1L off a 4lb higher mark in September so looks feasibly handicapped and is still fairly unexposed having only had 8 career runs. The horse that was caught up with him lto ran very well the other day and i expect him to run well tomorrow too. Was 11's earlier but still don't think 8's looks bad value.

3.00 - Lingfield - Dawn Catcher @ 8/1 Paddypower Only the one of interest tomorrow and its Dawn Catcher in the sprint handicap at Lingfield. He was certainly an eye catcher in a similar race last time out, he looked to be ready to make a big challenge before being stuck behind a wall of horses and never getting a run. That was his first run for 3 months and you'd expect him to strip abit fitter tomorrow. He was beaten less than 1L off a 4lb higher mark in September so looks feasibly handicapped and is still fairly unexposed having only had 8 career runs. The horse that was caught up with him lto ran very well the other day and i expect him to run well tomorrow too. Was 11's earlier but still don't think 8's looks bad value.
Shocker! Race was dominated by the horses that came from off the pace. Front 3 (which included mine) for the first few furlongs finished 6th, 7th and 9th. Staked: 127pts Returned: 225.82ts P/L: +98.82pts

Re: Lodge's Thread First selection tomorrow: 4.00 - Lingfield - Addictive Dream 1pt @ 11/1 BetVictor Cracking sprint handicap with many of these running in the same race last weekend won by Even Stevens. I do however feel Addictive Dream is the one to be on this week, despite finishing behind Even Stevens, Silken Express and Ubetterbegood. He certainly didn’t get the run of the race, having to be restrained early after not being able to get a prominent position, this led to him having to come extremely wide and conceding a lot of ground to most of his rivals. He was only beaten a couple of lengths but has a swing in the weights with the 3 ahead of him and i’d expect him to have every chance of reversing the form. He's well drawn on the inside, which gives him the opportunity to get a good early position. He likes the course and won here back in November over 6f, following that up with a C&D 2nd off this mark behind the useful Forest Edge. In fairness Ubetterbegood suffered a similar fate last time so i considered him too. Having been left too much to do from a long way back he should go well also at a fair price, i just have a slight preference for Addictive Dream who at 11/1 looks worth chancing.

Re: Lodge's Thread 3.30 - Doncaster - Real Milan 1pt @ 11/1 Paddypower One other selection stands out for me tomorrow and thats Real Milan, i backed him last time when he was a 9L 2nd to the well handicapped Rose Of The Moon. He was entered in a race a few weeks ago but was taken out quite late due to the going becoming Heavy so the fact he ran so well against Rose Of The Moon last time in Soft-Heavy ground is certainly a positive. He made an encouraging seasonal return at this course over 3m where he was 4th, shaping as if he needed the run when weakening late on. He was fairly useful Novice last season running in races like the Reynoldstown at Ascot and the the RSA at Cheltenham so i'm sure his stable rate him higher than a high 120's handicapper. He's been dropped 2lb since his last run which is another bonus and the best of his form makes his look very well treated, the fact he was well backed last time and before being withdrawn earlier this month also suggests that. As i've mentioned already he obviously doesn't want the ground too testing so the fact its good at Doncaster today is another positive sign. Brian Harding rides as Jason Maguire has a good book or rides over at Kelso for the yard, he has a great record on chasers. All in all i expect a big run off a nice weight, and 11/1 is a fair price considering he's single figure odds with all other firms.

3.30 - Doncaster - Real Milan 1pt @ 11/1 Paddypower One other selection stands out for me tomorrow and thats Real Milan, i backed him last time when he was a 9L 2nd to the well handicapped Rose Of The Moon. He was entered in a race a few weeks ago but was taken out quite late due to the going becoming Heavy so the fact he ran so well against Rose Of The Moon last time in Soft-Heavy ground is certainly a positive. He made an encouraging seasonal return at this course over 3m where he was 4th, shaping as if he needed the run when weakening late on. He was fairly useful Novice last season running in races like the Reynoldstown at Ascot and the the RSA at Cheltenham so i'm sure his stable rate him higher than a high 120's handicapper. He's been dropped 2lb since his last run which is another bonus and the best of his form makes his look very well treated, the fact he was well backed last time and before being withdrawn earlier this month also suggests that. As i've mentioned already he obviously doesn't want the ground too testing so the fact its good at Doncaster today is another positive sign. Brian Harding rides as Jason Maguire has a good book or rides over at Kelso for the yard, he has a great record on chasers. All in all i expect a big run off a nice weight, and 11/1 is a fair price considering he's single figure odds with all other firms.
First selection tomorrow: 4.00 - Lingfield - Addictive Dream 1pt @ 11/1 BetVictor Cracking sprint handicap with many of these running in the same race last weekend won by Even Stevens. I do however feel Addictive Dream is the one to be on this week, despite finishing behind Even Stevens, Silken Express and Ubetterbegood. He certainly didn’t get the run of the race, having to be restrained early after not being able to get a prominent position, this led to him having to come extremely wide and conceding a lot of ground to most of his rivals. He was only beaten a couple of lengths but has a swing in the weights with the 3 ahead of him and i’d expect him to have every chance of reversing the form. He's well drawn on the inside, which gives him the opportunity to get a good early position. He likes the course and won here back in November over 6f, following that up with a C&D 2nd off this mark behind the useful Forest Edge. In fairness Ubetterbegood suffered a similar fate last time so i considered him too. Having been left too much to do from a long way back he should go well also at a fair price, i just have a slight preference for Addictive Dream who at 11/1 looks worth chancing.
Real Milan didn't ever look like he was travelling that well and was abit disappointing really. Addictive Dream bolted up and was quite impressive considering the depth in the race. 10p rule 4 on the 11/1 meant he paid out just under 10/1. :nana Need to keep the form up to pay for Cheltenham :lol Staked: 129pts Returned: 236.72ts P/L: +107.72pts