** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Lodge's Thread

Lodge

Re: Lodge's Thread I did have a few other runners tomorrow that i considered but i couldn't back them all, Aldeburgh (3.50 Kemp), Carpincho (2.35 South), Hand On Bach (4.10 South), Darnathean (4.00 Wolv). Be interesting to see how they all run

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Lodge's Thread

First 2 for tomorrow: 4.20 - Kempton - Yeeoow 1pt @ 5/1 Bet365 Yeeoow hardly looked a winner in waiting last time but i actually thought he showed enough to warrant a bet tomorrow. First of all it was his first run since October so he was probably abit rusty even though he has a good record fresh. He was drawn out wide at Lingfield, over a trip he’s never won at and in a much better race than this. He was caught out very wide throughout and made up as much ground as could be expected in the straight, finishing beaten 4L by Grey Mirage. Tomorrow he drops back to 6f (only distance he has won over), and also returns to Kempton, where he is 2 from 4 over C&D (2nd on both of the other starts). He has also dropped to his last winning of 90, which he won off last May and he has Martin Harley back in the saddle, who has been aboard for all of his 3 career wins. This class 3 race looks much less competitive that the 0-105 handicap he ran in last time and i expect him to run well with plenty in his favour. 5.00 - Wolverhampton - Delightful Sleep 1pt @ 4/1 Bet365 Delightful Sleep was a big eye-catcher for me last time under a weak ride from an in-experienced apprentice so if Eoin Walsh can get a better tune out of him i expect him to be hard to beat here. He finished 3rd only beaten by 2 in-form rivals, but also had a subsequent winner in behind and the form looks strong for this grade. Tomorrows race looks slightly easier and Delightful Sleep runs off his last winning mark of 57. I think the step up to the 9.5f at Wolverhampton will suit as he was slightly outpaced when Reggie Bond kicked for home last time but still appeared to be going well down the straight. His record over this exact C&D in handicaps is: 3-1-3. I’m not out to knock the young jockey that rode him last time (she’s only 16) but had he been ridden by a jockey who was abit stronger in the finish i reckon he’d have won in all honesty. Eoin Walsh takes over and he has 18% strike rate so far this year.
What a load of shite! Yeoow backed into 7/4 and never threatened. I knew Delightful Sleep's fate when he opened up at double the price i'd backed him at and he duly finished last. Staked: 152pts Returned: 261.72ts P/L: +109.72pts

Re: Lodge's Thread 4.10 - Exeter - Aimigayle - 2pts @ 9/1 William Hill I'm glad that i spotted this one was running as i had a good feeling she'd pop up once the ground started to dry up. She is a very ground dependant horse with all wins coming on a sound surface. She was in good form last summer winning at Plumpton in September over hurdles before running with credit nto over the same C&D in softer conditions. Her last run came in a grade 3 handicap chase at Cheltenham where i felt she shaped much better than the bare result. She was out of the handicap a couple of lbs that day and her jockey was overweight meaning she was running off a 6lb higher than she runs off tomorrow, the fact that she ran with such credit suggests to me she retains all ability, but just needs conditions to suit. She takes a drop in grade tomorrow and that will make a big difference in my opinion. If she can get into a good rhythm up front i think she'll take plenty of passing. I've gone with a 2pt bet, just got a good feeling about this one!

Re: Lodge's Thread Sorry for posting this one abit late, couldn't leave him at the price though: 2.30 - Exeter - Monderon 1pt @ 18/1 Betvictor I can help but have a small bet on Moderon. On bare form he looks massively overpriced, having beaten the favourite on these terms 2 starts back. I saw him at Towcester where he beat Kings Apollo, he travelled sweetly and stayed on well up the hill over 2m 5f. The form of the race has worked out okay with Kings Apollo winning nto and Faith Keeper who was 4th also winning nto. That was his seasonal re-appearance and also only his 6th start over hurdles so you’d expect there to be more to come from him. That run would also suggest to me he needs at least that distance to be seen to full effect and the step up to what is nearly 3m is a big positive in my eyes. I think you can put a line through his last 2 runs, on his penultimate start he didn’t have the turn of foot to get involved in a slowly run affair. He was 7th but only beaten 10L or so. Last time he put in a no show over an inadequate trip, i don’t quite understand why he was dropped back to 2m 3f and i don’t think he liked the heavy ground either. He has at least been dropped a couple of lbs for those efforts and with conditions and the trip likely to be much more to his liking today i expect him to run well. I’m not concerned by the fact he has drifted this morning, he’s from a very small yard and has never gone off a single figure price. Theres a few unexposed horse in this field and he might find 1 too good, but with Kings Apollo leading the market at around 9/2 i think it sums up the quality of this race, it certainly looks winnable to me.

Re: Lodge's Thread

Sorry for posting this one abit late, couldn't leave him at the price though: 2.30 - Exeter - Monderon 1pt @ 18/1 Betvictor I can help but have a small bet on Moderon. On bare form he looks massively overpriced, having beaten the favourite on these terms 2 starts back. I saw him at Towcester where he beat Kings Apollo, he travelled sweetly and stayed on well up the hill over 2m 5f. The form of the race has worked out okay with Kings Apollo winning nto and Faith Keeper who was 4th also winning nto. That was his seasonal re-appearance and also only his 6th start over hurdles so you’d expect there to be more to come from him. That run would also suggest to me he needs at least that distance to be seen to full effect and the step up to what is nearly 3m is a big positive in my eyes. I think you can put a line through his last 2 runs, on his penultimate start he didn’t have the turn of foot to get involved in a slowly run affair. He was 7th but only beaten 10L or so. Last time he put in a no show over an inadequate trip, i don’t quite understand why he was dropped back to 2m 3f and i don’t think he liked the heavy ground either. He has at least been dropped a couple of lbs for those efforts and with conditions and the trip likely to be much more to his liking today i expect him to run well. I’m not concerned by the fact he has drifted this morning, he’s from a very small yard and has never gone off a single figure price. Theres a few unexposed horse in this field and he might find 1 too good, but with Kings Apollo leading the market at around 9/2 i think it sums up the quality of this race, it certainly looks winnable to me.
4.10 - Exeter - Aimigayle - 2pts @ 9/1 William Hill I'm glad that i spotted this one was running as i had a good feeling she'd pop up once the ground started to dry up. She is a very ground dependant horse with all wins coming on a sound surface. She was in good form last summer winning at Plumpton in September over hurdles before running with credit nto over the same C&D in softer conditions. Her last run came in a grade 3 handicap chase at Cheltenham where i felt she shaped much better than the bare result. She was out of the handicap a couple of lbs that day and her jockey was overweight meaning she was running off a 6lb higher than she runs off tomorrow, the fact that she ran with such credit suggests to me she retains all ability, but just needs conditions to suit. She takes a drop in grade tomorrow and that will make a big difference in my opinion. If she can get into a good rhythm up front i think she'll take plenty of passing. I've gone with a 2pt bet, just got a good feeling about this one!
Bitterly disappointing day once more :sad Staked: 155pts Returned: 261.72ts P/L: +106.72pts

Re: Lodge's Thread Hi Guys Apologies for not posting up any bets today. Unfortunately i am going to have to take a little break from the forum, i have some personal issues which mean i won't have the time to spend watching racing. I'm going to take the opportunity to have a couple of weeks off and refresh myself ready for the flat season! I will be back at the beginning of April with some winners :p

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...