** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Europa League > Thursday February 20th

Aidymac

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Europa League > Thursday February 20th wow napoli were terrible. I am sure people are lucky not to have lost their napoli DNBs here as swansea were the likeliest scorers for me. Napoli are lucky to get the draw. I remember so many of swansea's chances where as have to think really hard to remember a clear-cut chance for napoli. Good call on Red Bull salzberg though guys

Re: Europa League > Thursday February 20th Don't know why you guys are replying like this, cause it's useless and full of crap. I never ever write my previews fan based cause I write for many games analyzes. The things I wrote were about Ajax form, goals conceded, their performances in the CL. Only facts so cut the crap pls and enjoy your winnings instead. They got outplayed due huge defensive errors and atleast 8 players didn't reach their normal level. Ofcourse you can loose a game. Never wrote that salzburg is bad just under normal circumstances ajax usually performa really well on this stage especially at home. I'm not making it up, these are facts. Bad day for Ajax, great one for Salzburg. But even Ajax played bad, Salzburg didn't create more than one normal attack or a great chance except for that free kick after 4 minutes. Ajax was just bad and conceded 2 goals by huge personal errors and a wonder shot. Shit happens credits to Salzburg but my analyzes was based on previous games. Ajax had a total off-day. Coach De Boer also stated that they were well prepared for these tactics but just failed in their normal passing game and lost many duels in midfield. He said maybe we should have played kick and rush to keep off the pressure a bit but we always wanna play our style. We failed today nothing more or less. Good for you, you won some money I didnt even bet on this game cause like I also wrote after 10 minutes you could see that Ajax would have huge problems today. Anyways, this was a surprise for almost everyone that Ajax played so bad never happened in europe this season at home. On to the next one fellows

Re: Europa League > Thursday February 20th I said I would wait for the line-ups pre-game and since Ajax best player (lately) got injured during the warming-up I backed off. But it does not matter anymore, congrats anyway you got a pik right. This was my only wrong pick on these 3 european nights so I don't really care. :-)

Re: Europa League > Thursday February 20th

Don't know why you guys are replying like this' date=' cause it's useless and full of crap. [/quote'] Ignore them senk. You're a decent previewer. They're trolls who like to lose over the long-term so it's exciting for them when they win one. Keep writing up the quality posts. :ok

I said I would wait for the line-ups pre-game and since Ajax best player (lately) got injured during the warming-up I backed off. But it does not matter anymore' date=' congrats anyway you got a pik right. This was my only wrong pick on these 3 european nights so I don't really care. :-)[/quote'] Keep posting senk, there are always ''experts'' who instead of enjoying their win rather point at other people's failures... You did fine this week !

Don't know why you guys are replying like this, cause it's useless and full of crap. I never ever write my previews fan based cause I write for many games analyzes. The things I wrote were about Ajax form, goals conceded, their performances in the CL. Only facts so cut the crap pls and enjoy your winnings instead. They got outplayed due huge defensive errors and atleast 8 players didn't reach their normal level. Ofcourse you can loose a game. Never wrote that salzburg is bad just under normal circumstances ajax usually performa really well on this stage especially at home. I'm not making it up, these are facts. Bad day for Ajax, great one for Salzburg. But even Ajax played bad, Salzburg didn't create more than one normal attack or a great chance except for that free kick after 4 minutes. Ajax was just bad and conceded 2 goals by huge personal errors and a wonder shot. Shit happens credits to Salzburg but my analyzes was based on previous games. Ajax had a total off-day. Coach De Boer also stated that they were well prepared for these tactics but just failed in their normal passing game and lost many duels in midfield. He said maybe we should have played kick and rush to keep off the pressure a bit but we always wanna play our style. We failed today nothing more or less. Good for you, you won some money I didnt even bet on this game cause like I also wrote after 10 minutes you could see that Ajax would have huge problems today. Anyways, this was a surprise for almost everyone that Ajax played so bad never happened in europe this season at home. On to the next one fellows
ever consider maybe salzburg is just good. Here's a fact for you, Ajax got destroyed 3-0. IMO it could have been 5-0, and they were creating chances frequently, like usual. Salzburg's pace up front was too much, which is why ajax was "making mistakes," defending is a lot about minimizing errors so really making mistakes is just getting beat. I hope most people think this was a fluke though, I'll continue to ride Salzburg until it doesn't pay. I never said you're tips are bad, though, I might have been a little harsh, perhaps I was slightly high off the winnings. I guess we will see if it was just a bad game for ajax in the next leg. Maybe I just got lucky, but I have been following Salzburg and this team has a lot of talent, and are underrated IMO. But you are lying when you say Salzburg didn't create chances, straight up.

Re: Europa League > Thursday February 20th I also think that Salzburg is a decent side no doubt about that and they were better than ajax that's why they won. But it was surprising for many to see how bad Ajax played. First time this season in europe, they failed to control the game and lacked the tactical abilities to change their style cause it was obvious after 10 minutes to see Salzburg tactics were spot on. And I'm not lying about the fact Salzburg didn't had many clear chances besides those 3 goals. The first goal came from a throw-in. Have you ever seen a guy in midfield standing with such free space around him as the guy that recieved the ball there,? Huge error by Blind he was miles away from him he just walked towards the box passed the ball and then another stupid tackle caused that penalty. Second goal was an amateur action by Duarte who ofcourse is not a fullback but that's just a bad decision of De boer. He covered the outside instead of the inside. Easy to intercept their if his positioning was right. Youth teams learn that and the 3th goal was ofcourse an amazing shot can't do anything about that. No doubt Salzburg was the better teams overall and dominated Ajax but not many clear chances from inside the box otherwise indeed it would have been 5-0, 6-0 or do they lack finishing skills? I don't think so. Just a really bad start by ajax and they were just paralysed after those early goals. Really looking forward to the 2nd leg, curious if Ajax will come up with a plan B. :-) No hard feelings here, u made the right bets in the end!

FC Dnipro v Tottenham Venue: Dnipro-Arena Date: Thursday, 20 February Kick-off: 18:00 GMT Tottenham manager Tim Sherwood will rest a number of first-team regulars for their Europa League last-32 first-leg tie against Dnipro in Ukraine. Emmanuel Adebayor, Aaron Lennon, Kyle Walker, Mousa Dembele, Younes Kaboul and Hugo Lloris are all left out with their Champions League target in mind.Sandro, Erik Lamela, Vlad Chiriches and Jermain Defoe are also out with injury. Dnipro manager Juande Ramos joined Spurs from Sevilla on 27 October 2007 after Martin Jol was sacked. He was sacked in October 2008 after Spurs' worst start to a Premier League season saw them four points adrift at the bottom with two points from eight matches. The Ukrainian side play their football at Dnipro-Arena in Dnipropetrovsk, a ground with an impressive 31,003 capacity. They're currently rated 74th in UEFA rankings 2013/14. First of all, Liverpool fans may be familiar with the club, after they spent the January transfer window pursuing their star man - Yevhen Konoplyanka. He's a tricky Ukrainian winger who showed glimpses of his class when Ukraine played England a while ago. Juande Ramos says about him "He had a very successful training camp in Spain and he trains a lot, follows all of the directions, tries his best and I'm sure he will do his best in this competition and help us succeed in this round. The fact is that players don't concentrate on their individual personalities, they have to bear in mind the success of the whole team and he will do his best to help his team succeed." FC Dnipro qualified comfortably for the Europa League group stages with a 5-1 aggregate win over two legs against Estonian side Kalju. They then went on to win 4 of their 6 group stage games, finishing with 12 points - second place in group E behind group leaders Fiorentina. They beat Pandurii 1-0 and 4-1 in their two matches against the Romanians, and overcame Portuguese side Pacos Ferreira 2-0 in both games. Their losses both came against eventually group winners Fiorentina, with the Italians winning 2-1 in both matches. Konoplyanka finished their top scorer with 3 goals in 5 games, with Ruslan Rotan scoring 2 in 5. Each of FC Dnipro's forwards have scored in the competition so far. Nikola Kalinic, who some may remember from his time at Blackburn, scored once, as did Yevhen Seleznyov, Roman Zozulya and Matheus - showing they have strength in depth and they're a team full of goals. UEFA forced Spurs to train at Dnipro’s training round on Wednesday as the hosts’ pitch is so bad. Probable teams: Dnipro: Boyko, Vlad, Mazuch, Douglas, Fedetskiy, Kankava, Gama, Konoplyanka, Rotan, Zozulya, Matheus. Tottenham: Friedel, Naughton, Dawson, Vertonghen, Rose, Townsend, Bentaleb, Eriksen, Capoue, Chadli, Soldado. Conclusion Dnipro pitch is in a bad condition and the fact is that Ramos seems more motivated than Sherwood (Ramos playing best team) as he was sacked by Spurs so maybe something to prove. Spurs team should still include 7 internationals but they may be a bit disjointed as don’t play together too often. Based on the above I see close game without many goals so , 2.5 goals best bet 7/10 with Ladbrokes Asian Line handicap Dnipro + 0.0 at 1.77 (in the event of a draw bets are refunded)
Great result 1-0 to Dnipro, in fact maybe should have been a draw Spurs missed some good chances

Re: Europa League > Thursday February 20th Hey guys, thought I'd share my bets: To qualify: Tottenham, Napoli, Genk, Fiorentina, Porto, Juve, Lazio, Basel, Sevilla, Benfica, Kazan, Shaktar, Lyon x At. Madrid to win vs. Milan (WON). Odds: 74.4 Bet: £10 Everything is looking good, with exception for Lyon and Tottenham which are losing 1-0, however Tottenham plays home so not to worry, and Lyon is playing away but I reckon they can turn it around. Every other team as won/drew, even though most played away (Genk, Lyon, Fiorentina, Tottenham, Basel, Benfica, Sevilla, Shaktar, Napoli), that's 9 out of 14 teams looking good, however I believe Juve has already gone through, and since I already know Atl. Madrid won, that's 11/14 on a good way. I have also made other combinations between these teams (4 folds, 5 folds, 10 folds, etc.), but if Porto messes up, I got it all pretty much messed up. Hopefully their manager will get sacked tomorrow after tonight's home defeat, and a new mentality and formation will be tested in Germany against Frankfurt, which should be relegated this season. Goodluck everyone