Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool > Sunday December 15th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool (16:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.68[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.78 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool > Sunday December 15th Source OPTA Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool · Tottenham have won the last six matches in all competitions when Liverpool have visited White Hart Lane. · Liverpool have fired in more shots on target than any other team in the top flight this season (97). · Liverpool have scored a higher percentage of first half goals (68%) than any other team in the Barclays Premier League this season. · Spurs have only once had more points after 15 games of a Premier League season than they have this season (27 - most was 34 in 2011-12). · Liverpool have scored four own goals at White Hart Lane, the joint-highest figure of any team on any ground in Premier League history (along with Southampton at St James Park & West Ham at Anfield). · Tottenham against Liverpool has seen the joint-most penalties in Premier League history (17 along with Everton v Newcastle), though 11 of them have been at Anfield. · Liverpool have only managed one clean sheet in their last 12 Premier League games, this after keeping four in their previous four PL games. · Only Aston Villa (6) have scored fewer home goals than Spurs (7) this season in the Premier League. · Liverpool have hit the woodwork more often than any other team in the Premier League (10). · Luis Suarez has scored 15 goals in his last 11 Premier League matches.

Re: Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool > Sunday December 15th I think take out Suarez's two partners in crime and it becomes infinitely easier for Tottenham to defend the threat. It baceomes a case of shut Suarez down. On the other hand Spurs have several weapons - it's just that some of them need to start performing to their potential!

Re: Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool > Sunday December 15th 3pts Tottenham to beat Liverpool 6/4 Coral On paper this looks a close game but the absence of Steven Gerrard has to give Spurs a bit of an advantage especially as they lack nothing in their engine room. Liverpool have been very good this season and Suarez has been in very good form but we’ve seen them struggle a little bit against the very good sides in this division so having regained a bit of confidence and pride after their loss to Man City I’ll take Spurs to continue their winning run here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/tottenham-vs-liverpool-betting-spurs-can-get-themselves-back-into-the-title-picture-on-sunday

Re: Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool > Sunday December 15th So far Gerrard has not had a great season so even though losing Gerrard, I believe a midfield of Lucas, Allen and Hendo will be as effective. This is a good time for Allen to show what he is capable of. Although on paper it would seem like Spurs are more likely to win, I would play this in play. Anyway I am leaning towards Suarez to score at anytime @ 2.3 (bet365)

Re: Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool > Sunday December 15th This is a massive game for both teams. The beauty here is they will both go out and think they can win it. Liverpool's last outing at Hull was a stinker A few stats; Liverpool have not won away in 4 games Have not kept a clean sheet in 6 away games Have conceded 2 or more in their last 4 away Have gone over 2.5 in 5 of their last 6 away, 4 games going over 3.5 goals. Interestingly , they HAVE WON 4 of 7 1st halves, drawing 2 and losing just 1. SPurs have the potential, but they are not getting the job done at home. Winning three in 7 HOME games will not get you in a Champions league place, let alone win the league. Compare this to the main rivals Liverpool 7 wins in 8 Man CIty 8 of 8 Chelsea 7 of 8 Arsenal 6 of 8 Additionally they are not scoring decent goals, with just 2 games having more than 1 home goal. SO what's the problem ? They have the players, so it has to be tactics, team setup (balance), and confidence. It as if they are scared to lose. The reality is that you can only win big, if you are not afraid of losing. Confidence is such an odd thing. Fergie had it and he knew how to impart it and rub it off on his players. Mourinho has it, while Manuel Pelligrini is a very quiet confident man. Moyes and AVB don't have it yet, and it is inhibiting their teams performances. Not sure how many times AVB started Dafoe and Soldado, but they have to play 2 up top. Straight away it sends a clear message.. We believe we can attack you and score goals We believe our midfield can handle yours, and dominate We believe our back 4 will keep you out We believe we will win ! I don't think Spurs fans would mind seeing Spurs give it a full go at home, and it's long overdue ! Lloris, Walker, Capoue, Dawson, Naughton, Dembele, Paulinho, Lennon, Townsend, Dafoe, Soldado Really like the over 2.5 goals in this game. its 1.78 bet365 for 2 units as a really long shot I am looking at HT/FT put 1/2 unit on LIVERPOOL HT, and SPURS FT at 29 betvictor

Re: Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool > Sunday December 15th I think Gerrard is the only real midfielder with vision and creativity they have capable of impacting a game. Lucas and Henderson are just the grunts in the middle tasked with retrieving the ball for Gerrard. Sterling isn't a good player and Coutinho I'll admit is decent. Moses is just another "filler" of a player as well. Tottenham at least have Eriksen back who is the closest thing to their own Gerrard. So Liverpool to me are 3 players with a supporting cast who bask in their glory. Today 2 of the 3 are out. So in conclusion I have probably jinxed the entire Spurs squad for a good few weeks. Sorry AVB. Goodluck :ok

Re: Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool > Sunday December 15th Today having a feeling , looking at the personal meetings , you know that the probability of passage of the selection is higher than seems initially... Season 08/09 Tottenham - Liverpool 2:1 Season 09/10 Tottenham - Liverpool 2:1 Season 10/11 Tottenham - Liverpool 2:1 Season 11/12 Tottenham - Liverpool 4:0 Season 12/13 Tottenham - Liverpool 2:1 That is, four of the last five meetings at "White Hart Lane" in the Premier League ended in a home win with a score 2:1. Liverpool in this meeting will be without Sturridge (12/9) and Gerrard (15/3) , which will undoubtedly have a negative impact on the game, although one goal from Suarez we would expect. Tottenham are unbeaten in their last five matches of the Premier League , and have won the last 6 games at home against Liverpool. Liverpool on the road are weak , bringing only 2 points from the last 4. Last matches Tottenham in the Premier League : Tottenham - Manchester United 2:2 Fulham - Tottenham 1:2 Sunderland - Tottenham 1:2 As you can see , the score 2:1 to "spurs" not stranger , and in the match against Manchester United, if it had not missed a goal at the end, would win 2:1. In general, it seems that in this meeting hosts to win and will do it for the classic 2:1 at 10.0 Bet365 (the bookie). Some stats: - This season Liverpool players struck 97 shots on target opponents - the most in the Premier League - 68% of Liverpool goals were scored in the first half - the highest in this season - Liverpool scored into his own net 4 times at White Hart Lane. Southampton while playing away to Newcastle and West Ham United at Anfield scored as much in the history of the Premier League - Anytime Own Goal at 12.0 with PaddyPower - Only in opposition Everton vs Newcastle penalty appointed as often as in the matches between Tottenham and Liverpool (17, 11 of them at Anfield) - Penalty Awarded priced at 3.60 with PaddyPower - Only Aston Villa scored at home less goals this season (6 ) than Tottenham (7) - Liverpool players this season 10 times hits the woodwork opponents - most of all teams in the Premier League - Last 12 matches Liverpool managed to keep a clean sheet only once , although before that did not miss four games in a row Tottenham - Liverpool , guests (Liverpool) to score first and do it before the break. A goal from Luis Suarez (Liverpool). However, Tottenham win. In the game also will be a penalty awarded. HT/FT result 2/1

Re: Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool > Sunday December 15th I am a Liverpool fan so my opinion means jack shit here but anyway it won't stop me from giving it. I think Spurs have been fairly poor recently, serious lack of goals and that is shown by a list of their top scorers this season. Yes they have still been winning but I haven't seen much to get excited about and i'm sure they are worried about goals themselves. On the other side I don't think Gerrard has been brilliant this year, fair enough on a bad day he can be better than most but I believe his influence is being slightly overstated (never thought I Would say that). Tottenham are still a good side and they are playing at home, but I just can't see a game where Suarez will NOT score. I'm going to sit slightly on the fence as I think it's excellent value. Liverpool and draw @ 4/7

Re: Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool > Sunday December 15th Sorry to disagree with the Spurs fans but Tottenham are not as good against top 10 teams as they are the lower sides and shouldn't be over hyped. Their the last 6 are: Tottenham 4 - 1 Anzhi Makhachkala Sunderland 1 - 2 Tottenham Fulham 1 - 2 Tottenham Tottenham 2 - 2 Man Utd Tromso 0 - 2 Tottenham Man City 6 - 0 Tottenham and last 6 at home are: Tottenham 4 - 1 Anzhi Makhachkala Tottenham 2 - 2 Man Utd Tottenham 0 - 1 Newcastle Tottenham 2 - 1 FC Sheriff Tottenham 1 - 1 Hull Tottenham 1 - 0 Hull As shown here only City and possibly Utd or Newcastle were good to average teams and Tottenham failed to win any of those fixtures. With Liverpool being better than they have in the past previous 3/4 seasons and firing so many balls home, I don't fancy the Spurs at all. Value for me is either on Over 2.5 @ 1.80 or Liverpool +0.5 @ 1.70 both on Betfair...

Re: Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool > Sunday December 15th Fancy Spurs to win this nicely - the win in midweek will boost confidence - especially Soldado Liverpool will miss Gerrard - TBH he's the only proven class in their midfield and organises well - Sturridge not so much a miss IMO Would go for Suarez first goal but Spurs to win

Re: Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool > Sunday December 15th They would be better off finishing 6th instead of 5th this season, the Europa League is their downfall, deluding them that they're top stuff when they hammer these poor sides then coming back to earth in the Premier League.

Re: Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool > Sunday December 15th

Can someone give us a shout when Spurs turn up? Never known a season where so many teams are so inconsistent :\ Look great one minute and look like mugs next game
Last season thats why a poor Utd team won the league.