** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

World Cup Play-Offs Asia/Oceana/America > Wednesday November 13th

Re: World Cup Play-Offs Asia/Oceana/America > Wednesday November 13th This is a World cup qualifying game, not a friendly, and i can't see the Jordanian team stopping world class players like Suarez, Cavani, or Forlan. I think the price on Uruguay is very generous and i will be betting with all my bankroll on Uruguay @ 1.25 Bet365. Half time/Full time Uruguay @ 1.72 Bet365 is a good option too

Re: World Cup Play-Offs Asia/Oceana/America > Wednesday November 13th

The problem is its two-legged so Uruguay don't need to bust a gut and win in Jordan, hence the rather generous looking price of 1.25. They should obviously win as the odds imply, but it's definitely not a nailed on bank job as far as I'm concerned. A draw wouldn't be anything like a disaster for them as they will win easily at home. And that puts me off a bit. I think Mexico is a better option at 1.22 with Bet365 in front of a raucous home crowd. Yes they are playing mostly domestic players with none of the overseas stars based in Europe, but I think it's unlikely New Zealand will be able to cope with the high energy tactics of the new coach. And this is a chance for a number of these players to shine in the spotlight with a rare international opportunity. They will want to take a win to New Zealand. I'd expect Mexico to win by at least a couple of goals but maybe as many as 3 or 4 despite the Kiwis metaphorically parking the bus in front of goal.
Looks like they are underestimating the New Zealand. It is a World Cup Play-off and in my opinion the best possible team should play regardless of the opponent. Guess New Zealand to Qualify @ 8.50 Bet365 looks decent in my opinion.

Re: World Cup Play-Offs Asia/Oceana/America > Wednesday November 13th New Zealand vs Mexico should be an interesting game. A big blow to NZ was the injury of Winston Reid, by far their best player. But tactically shouldn't change much they will "park the Bus" and get men behind the ball and defend deep. They will line up in the 3-5-2 formation which Ricki Herbert has used throughout his time as the NZ coach and has worked for him in the past including the previous world cup campaign. Its more like a 5-3-2 formation and he will most likely deploy two CDM's. Mexico have an inexperienced squad as they are picking all local players for this tie. There will be huge pressure for them to perform in this leg as the away leg will be difficult if they do not get a good result. I expect the game to be pretty tight, mexico will dominate possession and will find it difficult to break the Kiwi's down in the early stages but i think will eventually score a goal or two. The Kiwi's don't have the players to play counter attack so there best chance to score a goal will be to from a set piece, where they can dominate the smaller Mexicans. The Kiwi's will happily take anything less then a 1-0 score line and will give them a chance in the second leg. The Mexicans probably wont be use to the travel and conditions of NZ so if they can keep it close in the Azteca then they will have some hope in the 2nd leg. A few bets i like are: BTTS No @ 1.62 WH Under 2.5 @ 2.5 WH Under 3.5 @ 1.56 Marathon Bet Mexico to Win to Nil @ 1.85 Coral And may be worth trying small stakes HT/FT - Draw/Mexico: 4.33 @ BetVictor Correct Score: 1-0 @ WH and various, 2-0 @ WH GL all

Re: World Cup Play-Offs Asia/Oceana/America > Wednesday November 13th 5pts Uruguay (-1.75AH) to beat Jordan 1.95 Bet365 It would come as a major surprise were Uruguay not to win this tie and I don’t think they’ll want to leave it to the second leg to get it won either. Although they would have home advantage anything can happen over 90 minutes so I think they’ll be looking to put the tie to bed here. Jordan shipped a number of goals in qualifying without facing anything like the sort of quality they’ll face here. I’d be surprised if this isn’t a comfortable away win. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/jordan-vs-uruguay-betting-uruguay-can-all-but-seal-the-tie-in-the-first-leg 4pts Mexico (-2AH) to beat New Zealand 1.99 BetVictor New Zealand have done well to get to this stage but now the task gets a lot bigger. Not only will they face a competent Mexico side but there could be over 100,000 people inside the Azteca Stadium which is an awful lot more than these players are used to playing in front of. Throw in the altitude as well and Mexico really do have home advantage. I think they’ll come out of this first leg with a significant lead despite the efforts of a game New Zealand side. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/mexico-vs-new-zealand-betting-mexico-can-enjoy-home-advantage-to-open-up-a-significant-lead-in-qualifying-tie

Re: World Cup Play-Offs Asia/Oceana/America > Wednesday November 13th Oscar Tabarez confirmed the starting line-up. Martin Silva - Maxi Pereira, Diego Lugano, Diego Godin, Martin Caceres - Arevalo Rios, Cristian Stuani, Nicolas Lodeiro - Cristian Rodriguez, Luis Suarez, Edison Cavani I took the info from a Uruguayan news website: http://www.montevideo.com.uy/notdeportes_218622_1.html Uruguay victory -1.5 and -2.5, in such a crucial game for both teams Jordan wouldn't stand a chance. Quality difference is just too big.

Re: World Cup Play-Offs Asia/Oceana/America > Wednesday November 13th Odd how Mexico are playing the squad they are, what with the problems they've had of late. I know NZ are a quality below, but should Mexico really be that short? I haven't looked at it closely, but I would of thought a narrow Mexican win, what with their recent form.

Odd how Mexico are playing the squad they are' date=' what with the problems they've had of late. I know NZ are a quality below, but should Mexico really be that short? I haven't looked at it closely, but I would of thought a narrow Mexican win, what with their recent form.[/quote'] I just found out on this forum that they are playing local players as I haven't researched this match. I can't believe it to be honest. I remember when a determined NZ side frustrated the reigning World Champions Italy in the 2010 group game and ended the group undefeated, ending with 3 draws. So these guys know how to frustrate, believe that. I watch the A league (where most of these players play) and while they aren't UEFA Champions League material believe me they aren't the mugs some are taking them for. The thing that might really save Mexico here is the altitude as the conditions of playing in Mexico and NZ are almost polar opposites.

I just found out on this forum that they are playing local players as I haven't researched this match. I can't believe it to be honest. I remember when a determined NZ side frustrated the reigning World Champions Italy in the 2010 group game and ended the group undefeated, ending with 3 draws. So these guys know how to frustrate, believe that. I watch the A league (where most of these players play) and while they aren't UEFA Champions League material believe me they aren't the mugs some are taking them for. The thing that might really save Mexico here is the altitude as the conditions of playing in Mexico and NZ are almost polar opposites.
My thoughts exactly. I don't understand how Mexico coach can underestimate the opponent in such an important game and not call-up players based in Europe.

Re: World Cup Play-Offs Asia/Oceana/America > Wednesday November 13th If I'm not mistaken, New Zealand recently lost a friendly against Chivas USA. If they couldn't even beat one of the worst teams in MLS they are in for a tough night. Also, I wouldn't underestimate Mexicos domestic players. A good chunk already start for their national team anyway and it's not like their "euro super stars" have been lighting it up lately. I have no doubt New Zealand will park the bus but since I can afford to take some risks, I'm going to look at a -1 ah half time parlayed with the same bet in Uruguays favour.

Re: World Cup Play-Offs Asia/Oceana/America > Wednesday November 13th Mexico is playing players from club america which is were the coach comes from. The reason behind this is he wants the european players to know that every spot is up for grabs. The team that they are fielding are plenty capable of winning at home in this environment. Chicarito is not in form and its too long of travel for him and the giovanni. This team will press high and maintain possession and will feed off the crowd. I have been to this stadium before and its a intimidating place for any club to visit let alone New Zealand. Yes we know that New Zealand didn't lose a match at the World Cup but who cares. This isnt the same team or situation. New Zealand will look to score only on dead ball situations where the obvious height difference will come into play. I see a score of mexico 3-0, 4-1.

Re: World Cup Play-Offs Asia/Oceana/America > Wednesday November 13th Mustafa you cant look at their recent form and dictate an outcome today. The formation is different 5-3-2 and the players are new 7 out 11 play for Cub America in Estadio. Mexico must win big !!!!!!!!!! The financial burden of losing would be too much for the countries FA to deal with. The coaches and players understand whats on the line and I feel they have a swagger that we havent seen since they beat the US two years ago

Mustafa you cant look at their recent form and dictate an outcome today. The formation is different 5-3-2 and the players are new 7 out 11 play for Cub America in Estadio. Mexico must win big !!!!!!!!!! The financial burden of losing would be too much for the countries FA to deal with. The coaches and players understand whats on the line and I feel they have a swagger that we havent seen since they beat the US two years ago
Both teams want a good result. And while the Mexican side might be more talented, I'm sure the Mexican team was more talented than all the CONCACAF teams (US included). There's huge issues with the Mex national team IMO. And a 1 goal win wouldn't surprise me, especially since NZ just wants a draw, or a close loss. I wonder if NZ would even settle for a 1-0 loss rather than opening things up after the 1st goal and risk losing 2-0 which would be disastrous.

Re: World Cup Play-Offs Asia/Oceana/America > Wednesday November 13th At first I thought that only Chicharito, Dos Santos and Guardado will be out of the Mexico squad, which would've been a big blow but not decisice since Mexico has an abundance of talent. But how I read that ALL of their Confederations Cup regulars and Europeans based players, including Moreno from Espanyol, a very good defender in Primera, Ochoa from Ajaccio, a keeper that did wonders against Ibra and PSG a few months ago and saved countless shots, also Aquino form Villareal, Reyes and Herrera form Porto. Mexico will be playing a World Cup qualifying play-off with their B team. This is simply not serious. New Zealand are no mugs, if fact they were the ONLY team in the last World Cup that finished without a defeat! Under the circumstances, I think that the All Whites are not underdogs New Zealand to qualify 7.50 Bet365 New Zealand +1 4.70 Marathonbet

At first I thought that only Chicharito, Dos Santos and Guardado will be out of the Mexico squad, which would've been a big blow but not decisice since Mexico has an abundance of talent. But how I read that ALL of their Confederations Cup regulars and Europeans based players, including Moreno from Espanyol, a very good defender in Primera, Ochoa from Ajaccio, a keeper that did wonders against Ibra and PSG a few months ago and saved countless shots, also Aquino form Villareal, Reyes and Herrera form Porto. Mexico will be playing a World Cup qualifying play-off with their B team. This is simply not serious. New Zealand are no mugs, if fact they were the ONLY team in the last World Cup that finished without a defeat! Under the circumstances, I think that the All Whites are not underdogs New Zealand to qualify 7.50 Bet365 New Zealand +1 4.70 Marathonbet
That was three years ago that New Zealand did that. Plus they are going to be putted under stress with a high pressure look from mexico. I dont think they have the skilled player out of the back four to control the tempo of the game. Mexico C team will still get a good results this is a team sport and the coach will prove this in 45 mins !!!!!!!!!!!!! Mexico 4-1

That was three years ago that New Zealand did that. Plus they are going to be putted under stress with a high pressure look from mexico. I dont think they have the skilled player out of the back four to control the tempo of the game. Mexico C team will still get a good results this is a team sport and the coach will prove this in 45 mins !!!!!!!!!!!!! Mexico 4-1
Can you not put your point across without being so aggressive? It would be more than welcomed. ;)

No' date=' to other posters above who did their best to make New Zealand look like Belgium when in fact New Zealand is New Zealand and they suck at football.[/quote'] Where were you BEFORE the event actually took place ;)