** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Bayer 04 Leverkusen v Manchester United > Wednesday November 27th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Bayer 04 Leverkusen v Manchester United (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.68[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.87[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.51 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Bayer 04 Leverkusen v Manchester United > Wednesday November 27th Utd. is without injured Carrick and suspended Fellaini and most likely without Jones and Rafael, too. Vidic, Kagawa and RvP were absent against Cardiff, but they should be fit for this game.

Re: Bayer 04 Leverkusen v Manchester United > Wednesday November 27th What can I say? We could win 10-0 or we could lose 10-0 - there is just no consistency anymore :( We'll know more on Tuesday and see just who travels with the squad - does he go with his strongest possible team to make sure of qualification or does he play a few fringe players like Young, Buttner and Anderson and rest the big names for the potentially harder game against Spurs? We battered Leverkusen at OT so there should be some psychological advantage at least so I'm expecting a narrow win over there but a draw won't be too disastrous I'd go with a strong lineup and worry about Spurs (who must be on a massive downer after the last few results) when the game comes Narrow United win - 1-0 or 2-1

Re: Bayer 04 Leverkusen v Manchester United > Wednesday November 27th i`ll take it bayer leverkusen @ 2.50 with paddypower, 9 % of my betting fund...with small cover bet corect score 1 - 1 @ 6.50 with paddypower, 1 % of my betting fund.. even though they might settle for draw here, and man u haven`t been beaten in last 10 in all competitions, but going to bayer in CL is different, man u has huge problems in midfield, they struggled away to r sociedad and at shakhtar with better team, then they are taking to germany. bayer home record this season is one of best in europe, winning 9 out of 10 in all competitions and only drawing with bayern munich, scoring 29 goals in those 10 home games... in this group at home they beat r sociedad and trashed shakhtar allready. taking on board man u midfield shambles for a game and knowing at their back of heads that loss here will still leave their faith till last game at home in their hands, they will be playing for a draw and very defensive setup, teams like bayern , shaktar and r. sociedad didn`t manage, i don`t see man u this week either, with carrick and jones in team i wouldn`t bet, but without them, in defensive setup, for counter attacking football, midfield - for fast transition, movement and delivery is most important, and man u don`t have it. this season man u manged only one clean sheet away to r. sociedad, and were lucky as well. all `n all, inform bayer @ 2.50 at home vs not man u they used to be is sound for me :)

Re: Bayer 04 Leverkusen v Manchester United > Wednesday November 27th

What can I say? We could win 10-0 or we could lose 10-0 - there is just no consistency anymore :( We'll know more on Tuesday and see just who travels with the squad - does he go with his strongest possible team to make sure of qualification or does he play a few fringe players like Young, Buttner and Anderson and rest the big names for the potentially harder game against Spurs? We battered Leverkusen at OT so there should be some psychological advantage at least so I'm expecting a narrow win over there but a draw won't be too disastrous I'd go with a strong lineup and worry about Spurs (who must be on a massive downer after the last few results) when the game comes Narrow United win - 1-0 or 2-1
The problem is no matter what side Moyes puts out it cannot be a strong line-up. Our midfield is horrendous without Carrick, it is a bottom 10 premier league midfield without him. Carrick isn't even that good of a player, so it shows how crap our midfield is when we are so reliant on him. I can't see United getting a win in Leverkusen, the Germans are absolutely flying this year, 2nd in the Bundesliga, no way could you fancy United after watching that crap against Cardiff yesterday.

What can I say? We could win 10-0 or we could lose 10-0 - there is just no consistency anymore :(
add some statistics here and you will see that "their overall record away to Bundesliga opposition is W4 D4 L4" (uefa.com).

Re: Bayer 04 Leverkusen v Manchester United > Wednesday November 27th True that United has not been consistent this season, they are yet to come to terms with Fergie's departure in regards to finding a new rhythm, coupled with the fact that injuries have sideline some players, RVP in particular. Nevertheless, United are still United, with lots of good individual players that could still conjure up magic in the heat of the action.. BL on the other hand are a decent side, Like a typical Bundesliga team, they play attacking football and are likely to score at least one goal in this game. I think this game is gonna be a close call, I will go for over 2.5 goals. If I must go for the 1x2 market, I will go for the home team.

Re: Bayer 04 Leverkusen v Manchester United > Wednesday November 27th Vidic-Carrick-RVP. That's the spine ripped out of united. I think Moyes is content with a draw here while Leverkusen will be taking more of the initiative to win, as the noises coming from them indicate that they really believe they can win. Leverkusen have an amazing home record and held Bayern here. Bayern are a good few levels above this United side.

Re: Bayer 04 Leverkusen v Manchester United > Wednesday November 27th 3pts Bayer Leverkusen to beat Man Utd 7/5 Stan James This is a tough assignment for United with a fully fit squad let alone when they are missing what you could argue are their two most important players. Bayer Leverkusen are buzzing at home at the minute and Sami Hyppia is doing a cracking job out there. They’ll be confident going into this match and rightly so. Given their form at home and the strength of the Bundesliga I think Leverkusen are worth a bet here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/bayer-leverkusen-vs-man-utd-betting-united-could-slip-up-at-the-bayarena

3pts Bayer Leverkusen to beat Man Utd 7/5 Stan James This is a tough assignment for United with a fully fit squad let alone when they are missing what you could argue are their two most important players. Bayer Leverkusen are buzzing at home at the minute and Sami Hyppia is doing a cracking job out there. They’ll be confident going into this match and rightly so. Given their form at home and the strength of the Bundesliga I think Leverkusen are worth a bet here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/bayer-leverkusen-vs-man-utd-betting-united-could-slip-up-at-the-bayarena
Please keep in mind Leverkusen is missing Sidney Sam, Stefan Reinartz, Sebastian Boenish & Roberto Hilbert. 3 out of 4 of them are playing regularly.

Please keep in mind Leverkusen is missing Sidney Sam' date= Stefan Reinartz, Sebastian Boenish & Roberto Hilbert. 3 out of 4 of them are playing regularly.
United are missing Van Persie, Carrick and Vidic.. Might also be missing Jones

Re: Bayer 04 Leverkusen v Manchester United > Wednesday November 27th Bayer Leverkusen v Manchester United Bayer Leverkusen: Sidney Sam, Roberto Hilbert, Sebastian Boenisch (doubtful) Manchester United: Robin van Persie, Nemanja Vidić, Marouane Fellaini, Michael Carrick Information from more then 50 football leagues and competitions on: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Re: Bayer 04 Leverkusen v Manchester United > Wednesday November 27th After such a dire performance on Sunday I'm desperate enough to want Young to start :D Got a feeling a 0-0 would be welcomed by Moysey - 11.5 at Victor Would be a good time for Moysey to show some balls and say to Roon "I NEED you to play in midfield tonight for the good of the TEAM"

Re: Bayer 04 Leverkusen v Manchester United > Wednesday November 27th BREAKING TEAM NEWS - Bayer Leverkusen v Man Utd (1945 GMT) Ryan Giggs and Phil Jones start in midfield for Manchester United, with Nani and Antonio Valencia out wide. Man Utd XI: De Gea; Smalling, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra; Valencia, Jones, Giggs, Nani; Kagawa; Rooney

Re: Bayer 04 Leverkusen v Manchester United > Wednesday November 27th Subs: Lindegaard, Büttner, Anderson, Young, Cleverley, Hernandez, Welbeck Still no Wilf :( Good to see Kags playing in the hole where he is a much different proposition than when he plays wide \0/ Let's hope Valencia actually turns up today

Re: Bayer 04 Leverkusen v Manchester United > Wednesday November 27th After seeing the line up's, I think Moyes is playing for a draw! Jones and Giggs should both be sitting deep, Rooney up front on his own with Kagawa in behind.. Valencia will do a lot of tracking back. Moyes knows if United lose this game that even a draw might not be good enough against Shakhtar in the last game. That is of course if Shakhtar beat Sociedad and also depends on the goal difference! But no doubt United need a point here tonight and if they do get a point all they need against Shakhtar is a draw at Old Trafford! Leverkusen will have plenty of the ball, but I can see United scoring 1 goal with Nani and Valencia bombing on the counter attack with an in form Rooney on the pitch. My heart says 1-1, but I will go for the draw. Draw - 5 Points @ 12/5 Bet365

Re: Bayer 04 Leverkusen v Manchester United > Wednesday November 27th Looks like an attacking bench for United - got a feeling it will be kept tight for 80 minutes then put the likes of Welbeck, Young and Chico on last 10 to try and snatch it at best Sticking with 0-0

i`ll take it bayer leverkusen @ 2.50 with paddypower' date= 9 % of my betting fund...with small cover bet corect score 1 - 1 @ 6.50 with paddypower, 1 % of my betting fund.. even though they might settle for draw here, and man u haven`t been beaten in last 10 in all competitions, but going to bayer in CL is different, man u has huge problems in midfield, they struggled away to r sociedad and at shakhtar with better team, then they are taking to germany. bayer home record this season is one of best in europe, winning 9 out of 10 in all competitions and only drawing with bayern munich, scoring 29 goals in those 10 home games... in this group at home they beat r sociedad and trashed shakhtar allready. taking on board man u midfield shambles for a game and knowing at their back of heads that loss here will still leave their faith till last game at home in their hands, they will be playing for a draw and very defensive setup, teams like bayern , shaktar and r. sociedad didn`t manage, i don`t see man u this week either, with carrick and jones in team i wouldn`t bet, but without them, in defensive setup, for counter attacking football, midfield - for fast transition, movement and delivery is most important, and man u don`t have it. this season man u manged only one clean sheet away to r. sociedad, and were lucky as well. all `n all, inform bayer @ 2.50 at home vs not man u they used to be is sound for me :)
came very close to win my money, kept me on edge of seat till last minute :D...., but seams bundesliga isn`t that strong as i thought, lost last night on shalke04, it`s championship level here from 2nd team in germany....well done who believed in man u :)