** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Sky Bet Championship - September 21st & 22nd

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 21 September 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Charlton Athletic v Millwall (12:15 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.68 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Barnsley v Watford (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.85 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.15 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.26 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Birmingham City v Sheffield Wednesday (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.34 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Blackburn Rovers v Huddersfield Town (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.05 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.20 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Blackpool v Leicester City (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.12 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.57 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Brighton & Hove Albion v Bolton Wanderers (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.51 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Derby County v Reading (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.37 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.09 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Doncaster Rovers v Nottingham Forest (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.34 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Leeds United v Burnley (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.59 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Middlesbrough v AFC Bournemouth (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.05 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.20 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Yeovil Town v Queens Park Rangers (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.85 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.24 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 22 September 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Wigan Athletic v Ipswich Town (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.7 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.15 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Sky Bet Championship - September 21st & 22nd QPR 4/5 v Yeovil a battle of two low scoring teams so far this season however I do feel that QPR firepower upfront will click soon with Andy Johnson, Charlie Austin, Bobby Zamora , Junior Hoilett they have enough to get them through on the day. Huish Park never easy place to go but think QPR could prevail thoughts?

Re: Sky Bet Championship - September 21st & 22nd Leicester 7/5 v Blackpool The more I look at this game the more I like Leicester. Blackpool got off to a flyer this season under Paul Ince but he's a manager I don't rate so was surprised with their start when you look at the strength and depth of their squad. They suffered their first defeat v Millwall midweek and that defeat didn't come as a surprise to me. Admittedly Blackpool at home on that awful pitch are a different animal and they have a great crowd but I do like Leicester this year they have goals upfront in abundance and have a very good midfield and at 7/5 I feel they could be a value call to beat a Blackpool side punching above their weight IMO thought?

Re: Sky Bet Championship - September 21st & 22nd I am with you adam. When those games start to come between 3-4 days each, Blackpool will take a hard tackle, believe me. The thing here is to know if Leicester is really consistent at midfield. Or else, Blackpool will do the same as against Reading and Watford. Holding every attack, and when things are more calm, goal and 3 points.

Re: Sky Bet Championship - September 21st & 22nd

QPR 4/5 v Yeovil a battle of two low scoring teams so far this season however I do feel that QPR firepower upfront will click soon with Andy Johnson, Charlie Austin, Bobby Zamora , Junior Hoilett they have enough to get them through on the day. Huish Park never easy place to go but think QPR could prevail thoughts?
I think QPR will win away but I'm pretty sure Andy Johnson & Bobby Zamora are out injured.

Re: Sky Bet Championship - September 21st & 22nd Be aware there were no away wins in the Championship in the last round of fixtures. These things tend to even themselves out and on average you would expect to see 3 or 4 aways: The away contenders this week are : Blackpool v Leicester Yeovil V QPR Barnsley v Watford Blackpool have not been as good as bare results suggest. Watford will probably get a turnaround in results and Barnsley tend to concede Yeovil , previously playing well but unlucky have now started playing poorly. Sorry for the short explanations but my main point is that you would expect at least 3 aways given the dearth last round... finding them is trickier

Re: Sky Bet Championship - September 21st & 22nd Derby vs Reading I think the 5/2 on Reading (bet365) is a huge price. I believe Adkins has started to get the playing style into his players now and they are trying to play football on the deck which is sometimes tricky in this league. They grinded out a 1-0 win against Leeds although the standard was more it mus give them confidence going into this game. Readings away form reads 1-1-1 with the win coming in there last away outing against Yeovil. Karacan got injured in the Leeds game and is likely to be replaced by Akpan. Baird has signed today aswell but probably just a place on the bench for him. Derby on the other hand seem to find playing at pride park alot harder then on the road with there stats reading 0-1-2 with a goal difference on 1-5 so there seems to be a lack of confidence at home. They are also missing there 2 best midfield players and contributors to the side in Will Hughes likely to miss the game with a groin strain picked up the other night against Bolton and Jeff Hendrick still out for a while. I can see Reading grinding out a 0-1 away win. But small/medium stake on the away win at 5/2 (bet365)

Derby vs Reading I think the 5/2 on Reading (bet365) is a huge price. I believe Adkins has started to get the playing style into his players now and they are trying to play football on the deck which is sometimes tricky in this league. They grinded out a 1-0 win against Leeds although the standard was more it mus give them confidence going into this game. Readings away form reads 1-1-1 with the win coming in there last away outing against Yeovil. Karacan got injured in the Leeds game and is likely to be replaced by Akpan. Baird has signed today aswell but probably just a place on the bench for him. Derby on the other hand seem to find playing at pride park alot harder then on the road with there stats reading 0-1-2 with a goal difference on 1-5 so there seems to be a lack of confidence at home. They are also missing there 2 best midfield players and contributors to the side in Will Hughes likely to miss the game with a groin strain picked up the other night against Bolton and Jeff Hendrick still out for a while. I can see Reading grinding out a 0-1 away win. But small/medium stake on the away win at 5/2 (bet365)
I also like the look of Reading but will probably be taking them on the + 0.25 line. I keep coming a cropper when opposing Derby though. They are looking a decent side this season

Re: Sky Bet Championship - September 21st & 22nd Leicester are, admittedly, on a good run & find themselves top of the table but, from what I saw on Tuesday night, they are no good thing to beat Blackpool on that poor excuse for a football pitch. Leicester looked better against Rovers when Knockaert was wide running at players with De Laet overlapping. The Blackpool pitch looks smaller to me & I'm not certain they are as good through the middle. Morgan & Schmeichel look decent for Leicester & I actually think, contrary to suggestions on here, that they are better defensively than they are as an attacking force. They come off the back of 2 good wins versus Wigan & Blackburn but not guaranteed to build on it. At around 21/10, Blackpool would be the pick to get back on a winning track after the defeat midweek at Millwall.

Re: Sky Bet Championship - September 21st & 22nd 3pts Millwall to beat Charlton (DNB) 6/4 Ladbrokes Charlton are way too short in this match. I know they have home advantage but there’s nothing they have shown so far this season which merits them being 5/4 in this game. Millwall probably aren’t the most reliable side either but with a huge win over Blackpool in midweek to restore some confidence and belief this could be a rare time to follow the Lions. My faith isn’t quite enough for a full win bet but a draw no bet one could be the way to play. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/charlton-vs-millwall-betting-millwall-could-be-worth-following-after-midweek-win

Re: Sky Bet Championship - September 21st & 22nd Blackburn vHuddersfield + 0.5 @ 1.875 Bet365 (3 Points) Blackburn have had two great results in their last couple of home matches but I think Huddersfield might give them a tougher test here. They are looking very tough to beat and in James Vaughan they have a match winner in as good as form as Jordan Rhodes. I can see this being a tight game and I'd rather have the positive handicap on my side. I think a low scoring draw looks likely with a goal either way possibly nicking it. As such the value is on the Terriers for me.

Re: Sky Bet Championship - September 21st & 22nd Yeovil v QPR @ 1.83 Coral (4 Points) There's not too much reasoning needed here. It's been a while since I've seen a team come up to the championship and struggle as much as Yeovil are doing. By the same token, since coming down QPR have had no hiccups and going about their business exactly how they should do picking up the results they need. If this was a prem match with top v bottom, the away side would be much shorter. I just think Redknapps side will have too much quality and fully expect them to get the 3 points.

Re: Sky Bet Championship - September 21st & 22nd Derby v Reading + 0.25 @ 1.875 Bet365 (3 points) Derby have been outstanding on the road this year but strangely not so good at home. The complete opposite of last year. I expect their form will soon start to even out with their home form picking up and a few losses on the road. But Reading aren't the best side to be up against to start with. They are going to be a very difficult side to beat this season and there aren't many sides I wouldn't back them against with a positive handicap on their side. With Derby's erratic form at home, I'm going to chance the Royals picking up at least a draw.

Yeovil v QPR @ 1.83 Coral (4 Points) There's not too much reasoning needed here. It's been a while since I've seen a team come up to the championship and struggle as much as Yeovil are doing. By the same token, since coming down QPR have had no hiccups and going about their business exactly how they should do picking up the results they need. If this was a prem match with top v bottom, the away side would be much shorter. I just think Redknapps side will have too much quality and fully expect them to get the 3 points.
But there are no Johnson,Zamora and Hoilet right?

Re: Sky Bet Championship - September 21st & 22nd Charlton v Millwall - an early kick off and a local derby between two distinctly average sides gives me an instinctual lean to the under 2.5 goals, and my tissue makes the fair price for the under to be around 1.87, based on similar matches. This confirms my instinct and so the bet is under 2.5 goals at 1.91 (pinnaclesports) stake 1/10

Yeovil v QPR @ 1.83 Coral (4 Points) There's not too much reasoning needed here. It's been a while since I've seen a team come up to the championship and struggle as much as Yeovil are doing. By the same token, since coming down QPR have had no hiccups and going about their business exactly how they should do picking up the results they need. If this was a prem match with top v bottom, the away side would be much shorter. I just think Redknapps side will have too much quality and fully expect them to get the 3 points.
Bryon Webster Defender, Yeovil Webster as missed just six games since the start of last season and Yeovil have conceded 40% more goals per game without him. Four of the six matches had +2.5 goals and their loss rate rose from just 36% with him to 50% without.

Re: Sky Bet Championship - September 21st & 22nd For those who are saying the pitch at Blackpool is awful. The pitch got relayed in the summer and is a good playing surface now. So both teams can play decent football on the ground, not as in last season when Blackpool were better adjusted to playing on that awful pitch which was a disgrace, so had a minor advantage on most teams playing there.

Re: Sky Bet Championship - September 21st & 22nd Wigan v Ipswich @ 2.00 VcBet (3 Points) I think evens is a fair price on Wigan in this match. Some firms are going with 1.83 which was pretty much what I was expecting on them. Yes they had an away match in Europe on Thursday which won't have helped preparations but Coyle rotated a bit and I think it's been accounted for in the price anyway. They haven't got off to the best of starts winning 1 and drawing 2 at home so far. They've got a great squad and over the course of the season I see them finishing top 6. Ipswich are fairly mediocre and whilst McCarthy is doing a decent enough job, I think a draw is the best they can hope for here. But at even money I would prefer to side with the quality of the Latics as sooner or later I think they are going to start building a bit of momentum. This game represents the perfect opportunity to get things back on track and I'm hoping there's going to be no European hangover. Wigan win for me.