A League Season 2013/2014

I know the season is 6 weeks away but I am of course itching for it to start. The quality of signings is great gain and it promises to be the strongest season yet. I have a few season bets already will post more as the start becomes closer and trial form and results are more forthcoming! I will be betting 20 Units total for Season bets and have used 8 Units so far. A LEAGUE 2013/2014 SEASON TOP GOALSCORER Besart Berisha (Brisbane Roar) Top Goalscorer 2 Units Each Way $7 @ Sportsbet After taking the Golden Boot in his inaugural A League season, Berisha came in equal third last season in the goalscoring with 14 goals (5 away from Mcbreen of Mariners). It was no coincidence that Brisbane Roar had a very mediocre season with a mid table finish after two years of being champions. Under new coach Mulvey, it took a while for the team to gel. Mulvey also experimented with Berisha in a wing position for a few games and it was clear that Berisha was dropping back a lot more to try and help the midfield which was a lot weaker than the previous seasons. He is favourite for top goalscorer again this season. This is perhaps due to the strong signings made by Brisbane in the off season. Matt McKay (Socceroos International and Brisbane captain in first Championship season) and Liam Miller have been signed to join Broich (Johnny Warren medalist and best player in A League) and Luke Brattan who has looked extremely impressive at the back end of last season. Trial games so far have shown the midfield dominating and supplying the balls to Berisha which he needs to score goals which he was often deprived of last season. Berisha also still has the advantage that he doesn’t have much competition for the striker spot although Mulvey is still looking at another striker before the season begins to ensure Berisha doesn’t become complacent and provide more depth. Barring injury, I cannot see how Berisha would not at a minimum make top 4 goalscorers for the season and believe he deserves favouritism for the golden boot. Mitchell Duke (Central Coast Mariners) Top Goalscorer 1 Unit Each Way $34 (4 places ¼ odds) @ Sportsbet I see Duke as a smokey for this market based on his breakout form last season. The 22 year old had some great games last season and was given a chance to represent the Socceroos since last season by Holger Oseik. He scored 7 goals last season from 731 minutes of game time. This equates to 0.86 goals per 90 minutes or nearly a goal per game. If Daniel McBreen (golden boot last season) picks up an injury or loses form throughout this season it bodes well for Duke to see what he can do with more game time and potentially being given penalty duties, something the Mariners struggled with last time round with no players confident with penalty shots despite being champions. Last season Mcbreen scored 19 goals in 2360 minutes of game time. 4 of these were penalties. This equates to 0.72 goals per 90 minutes. I have taken these odds early and on other sites have looked at he was between $11 and $15. WOODEN SPOON Wellington Phoenix Wooden Spoon 2 Units $3.75 @ Sportsbet Although you never know what’s going to happen, this season to me looks down to two teams for the spoon. The majority of teams have really strengthened and bolstered their squads this season. While I can’t see Newcastle Jets making the top 6 this season, their squad still looks capable of winning games and I liked some of what I saw in them last season. Hopefully for them, Nathan Burns return to Australia proves fruitful in netting them some extra goals and providing another means of attack rather than relying on Heskey who doesn’t impress me much (certainly not worthy of marquee imo). Their defence is the most worrying for me and I rate it the worst defence in the league. My prediction for Newcastle is 9th. Poor old Wellington always seem to come up in wooden spoon talk in the last few seasons. I can’t see any reason not to back them at this stage. They will be going in a completely new direction under coach Ernie Merrick and have made some potentially good signings in Hernandez, Caira, Cunningham and Thompson. When compared to signings of other clubs though, these don’t fill me with confidence that they are enough to propel Phoenix above their last place finish of last season. The same aging core of the team is still there and while they always put in a strong performance at home, away wins are not something Wellington seem able to achieve. Last season they won 5 drew 4 lost 5 games at home. Aways games however, won 2 drew 2 and LOST 9 away. This is not a new trend for Wellington since the A League began nearly a decade ago and it won’t change again this season.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: A League Season 2013/2014 Agree with you. I find this league very interesting for betting and watching as well. Here are transfers so far for this season I found them on official site of A league: ADELAIDE UNITED Ins: Isaias Sanchez (Ponferradina), Sergio Cirio (Hospitalet), Michael Zullo (FC Utrecht, LOAN), Tarek Elrich (Wanderers), Steven Lustica (Hajduk Split, CRO), Jordan Elsey, Awer Mabil (youth team) Outs: Iain Fyfe (Mes Kerman, IRN), Dario Vidosic (Sion, SWI), Fabian Barbiero, Evan Kostopoulos (released) BRISBANE ROAR Ins: Liam Miller (Perth), Dimitri Petratos (Kelantan, MAL), Diogo Ferreira (Victory), Corey Brown, George Lambadardis (promoted from youth team) Outs: Ben Halloran (Fortuna Dusseldorf, GER), Steven Lustica (Hajduk Split – loan expired), Matthew Jurman (Sydney FC), Massimo Murdocca (Heart), Stefan Nijland (loan expired) CENTRAL COAST MARINERS Ins: Marcel Seip (VVV Venlo, NETH), Matt Simon (Chunnam Dragons, KOR), Marcos Flores (Mariners), Storm Roux (Perth), Tom Slater (Sydney FC youth), Michael Neil, Hayden Morton (youth team) Outs: Pedj Bojic (Sydney FC), Patrick Zwaanswijk (retired), Oliver Bozanic (FC Luzern, SWI), Mat Ryan (Club Brugge, BEL), Bernie Ibini (Shanghai Dongya, CHI), Daniel McBreen (Shanghai Dongya – loan until October 30) MELBOURNE HEART Ins: Orlando Engelaar (PSV, NETH), Rob Wielaert (Roda JC, NETH), Harry Kewell (free) Massimo Murdocca (Brisbane), Tando Velaphi (Victory), Iain Ramsay (Adelaide), Aziz Behich (Bursaspor, LOAN), Stefan Mauk (promoted from youth team), Patrick Kisnorbo (Leeds United) Outs: Clint Bolton (retired), Josip Tadic (Rijeka, CRO), Eli Babalj (AZ Alkmaar, NETH), Simon Colosimo, Matt Thompson, Fred, Marcel Meeuwis, Jamie Coyne (released) MELBOURNE VICTORY Ins: Kosta Barbarouses (Alania Vladikavkaz, RUS), Mitch Nichols (Brisbane), Pablo Contreras (Olympiakos), James Troisi (Atalanta - loan) Outs: Marco Rojas (Stuttgart, GER), Marcos Flores (Mariners), Billy Celeski (Al Shaab, UAE), Diogo Ferreira (Brisbane), Tando Velaphi (Heart), Daniel Mullen (Dalian Aerbin, CHI - loan expired), Spase Dilevski, Theo Markelis, Matt Foschini (released) NEWCASTLE JETS Ins: Kew Jaliens (Wisla Krakow, POL), Nathan Burns (Incheon United, KOR - LOAN), Joey Gibbs (Wanderers) Outs: Bernardo Ribeiro, Dominik Ritter, Marko Jesic (released), Jack Duncan (Perth Glory) PERTH GLORY Ins: Ljubo Milicevic (free), Sidnei (Alki Larnaca, CYP), Ryan Edwards (Reading - LOAN), Cameron Edwards (free), Jamie Maclaren (Blackburn), Isaka Cernak (Wellington), Matthew Davies, Riley Woodcock, Daniel De Silva (promoted from youth team) Outs: Liam Miller (Brisbane), Dean Heffernan (Wanderers), Storm Roux (Mariners), Matias Cordoba, Nick Ward, Nick Ward, Evan Berger, Neil Young (released) SYDNEY FC Ins: Richard Garcia (Heart), Corey Gameiro (Fulham), Pedj Bojic (Mariners), Matt Jurman (Brisbane), Nick Carle (Bani Yas, UAE – loan expired), Marc Warren (Airdrie Utd, SCO), Nikola Petkovic (Red Star Belgrade) Outs: Joel Griffiths (Qingdao Jonoon, CHI), Kruno Lovrek, Fabio, Nathan Sherlock, Adam Griffiths, Paul Reid, Trent McClenahan (all released) WELLINGTON PHOENIX Ins: Carlos Hernandez (Prayag United, IND), Kenny Cunningham (The Strongest, BOL), Reece Caira (Wanderers), Lewis Italiano (Perth) Outs: Isaka Cernak (Perth), Mark Paston (retired), Tony Lochhead, Alex Smith, Dani Sanchez, Jimmy Downey, Lucas Pantelis (all released) WESTERN SYDNEY WANDERERS Ins: Tomi Juric (Adelaide), Dean Heffernan (Perth), Brendon Santalab (Chongqing Lifan, CHI), Josh Barresi (promoted from youth team), Yianni Perkatis (Pomoted from youth team), Matthew Spiranovic (free agent) Outs: Dino Kresinger (Zavrc, SLO), Joey Gibbs (Newcastle), Tarek Elrich (Adelaide), Reece Caira (Wellington), Rocky Visconte (Suphanburi, THA)

Re: A League Season 2013/2014 Minor Premiership Melbourne Victory 1 Unit $5.50 @ Sportsbet Ange has had a year with Melbourne now and I feel like he has had the time to shape and mould his squad as he did with Brisbane. The new look midfield is exciting and they have a potent attack in Thompson, Pain and Barbarouses. The only potential worry for me is defence. Contreras should prove to be a valuable signing and with Leijer stripped of the captaincy he can now focus more on his own game! Melbourne’s trial results haven’t been the greatest but of course the coach uses these games to experiment. In watching the youngsters play against Liverpool I was very surprised at how good they were holding the ball with nice quick passing and movement. Liverpool probably weren’t heaping too much pressure on them but regardless it was a promising sign for me. Brisbane Roar 1 Unit $6 @ Sportsbet I do have slight bias being a Brisbane supporter but also gives me an advantage as I attend most trial games and get a lot of information on the club. Preseason form has been phenomenal and I think Brisbane will be somewhere near their championship form from previous seasons. The midfield of Broich, Mckay, Miller and Brattan is just mouth watering and the service that Berisha was lacking last season has improved drastically in pre season leading to a free scoring Berisha. The defence is super tight with two Socceroos Franjic/North and captain Matt Smith back from injury. Add Hingert, Donachie and Brown, all youngsters who did a tremendous job last season and veteran Steffanuto the defence has truly enough depth to cover any injuries and an attacking element in Brown and Franjic who can play up front. Only issue with Brisbane is if Berisha sustains an injury. In this case I would not be confident in taking top position on the ladder although Yeboah and Petratos have showed great signs in preseason. Brisbane needed to sign a back up striker imo! In any case, most definitely worth the odds on offer. Reasons why other teams will not win the minor premiership: Wanderers – Will come closest to Brisbane and Melbourne. Second season jitters will play a part. On paper the squad looks good but I think their attack is still not where it needs to be and they will struggle to score enough goals to get them to first place. I liked the role Kresinger played for the team and I think they will learn after the first couple of games the role he actually played despite hardly troubling the scorers up front. It will take them time to adjust against A League opposition. Mariners – Solid squad once again but 5 of last years starting 11 gone. Massive changes in squad and will take time to gel. Should be top 4 finish. Perth – Smeltz back from injurty. Should make top 6. Since A League’s inception they cannot win enough games away from home to take out minor premiership. That won’t change this season. Sydney FC – Basket case club. Garcia and Carle are the only players that can save them this season. Del Piero cant stop all the goals conceded. Worst defence in the league were shown up numerous times last season. Signing Matt Jurman as a starting defender should be a sign that a team is not a premiership contender. Adelaide United – Toughest to predict. New coach Gombau trying to emulate “Barca” style of play. New crop of players. Potential to finish top 3 but more likely mid table finish or bottom four if the system just doesn’t work. In any case, will take too long to gel to be a threat for minor premiership. Melbourne Heart – A couple of decent signings but one ageing Socceroo won’t turn them from a bottom table team to Premiers. John Aloisi’s last chance to prove himself as a coach, I think they will struggle to make top 6. Newcastle Jets – Squad simply not good enough. Wellington – Cannot win away from home. 2 wins from 11 last season away from home. Cant win minor premiership only winning at home! Championship I see no value in backing any of the top 4 for the championship. Will the winner likely come from WSW, Mariners, Brisbane, Melbourne? Probably, but the odds on offer are terrible. The league is such a strange format that anything is possible. With a top 6 out of 10 teams making the finals in a knockout format, I’m seeing value in Adelaide and Perth with possible lay off opportunity. Adelaide 1 Unit $12 @ Sportsbet Adelaide could be the suprise packet this year. I like their squad on paper but I think it could take up to 7 or 8 rounds for the team to click. It really depends on the two Spanish imports. They have good depth and at their best will trouble all teams. All it takes is make the top 6 and win two games and it’s grand final time. Perth 1 Unit $15 @ Sportsbet For the same reasons as Adelaide. Perth I’m positive will make the top 6 and from their could quite easily go on to the grand final as in the season before last. Their inconsistency away from home due to travel during the season is what rules them out of the minor premiership but for some reason the bookies see them as a $10 shot for the minor premiership. I fail to see the thought behind this. They should finish mid table and have a good shot at making grand final from this spot. Top Goalscorers for Clubs Archie Thompson Melbourne Victory 1 Unit $2 @ Sportsbet I feel Archie’s odds are pumped up a little due to Barbarousses returning to the A league to play along side him! Archie is a proven goalscorer every season sinc e the A League began and has been a rare solid performer for the Socceroos lately. He may miss a game here and there from Socceroos duty but shouldn’t hinder him taking top spot. I think this is great odds for Melbourne’s number 1 striker. A Del Piero Sydney FC 1 Unit $1.83 @ Sportsbet 14 goals last season in 24 appearances. He is first choice penalty taker. Sydney’s newest attacking addition is Corey Gameiro. A good player in youth teams so far but not realistically going to threaten too much at this level. Del Piero will once again shoulder a lot of his teams goal scoring responsibility. He should bag 7 or 8 alone from set pieces and penalties. Jeronimo Neuman Adelaide 1 Unit $2.25 @ Sportsbet Neuman will get his chance this season starting for the team. Last season he made many appearances from the bench in what was a debacle of a season with coaches for the Reds. With Bruce Djite out injured and not in form before this anyway, Jeronimo can cement his spot up the pointy end. Only threat is new signing Cirio who has a similar strike rate for his previous club but I think he will find the A League a suprise step up in quality from the Spanish third division. In a two horse race, happy to take the proven goalscorer here. Kwame Yeboah Brisbane 1 Unit $17 @ Sportsbet No value in Besart Berisha @ $1.33 so I’m throwing 1 Unit away in case of an injury to him. Yeboah has shown really good goal scoring ability in pre season and if Berisha were to be injured, I’d back him to step up. He may not quite have the poaching ability of Berisha but is developing nicely as a player and certainly capable of putting some in the back of the net. Johnny Warren Medal Marco Rojas took out this award last year which is voted on by the players. He doubled the vote of Del Piero who is a clear favourite this year. I think depending on how bad Sydney FC is will depend on whether he takes the award. It just feels as though even before the season begins, he well and truly deserves it for everything he has brought to the league. I’m going to take one unit on him as cover and try a few smokies I think are the other potential winners in case he doesn’t take it. 1 Unit Del Piero $5.50 1 Unit Hersi $19 1 Unit Broich $19 1 Unit Nichols $51 Hersi was my favourite player last season. He was unluckily red carded a couple of times but it seemed like without him the Wanderers couldn’t win. His ability to win the ball and get around opponents in first class. Broich of course has been considered the hardest player in the league to play against for the last few seasons. He is the most fouled player and won this award the season before last. With a rejuvenated midfield and his old partner Mckay back I think he will be back to his strongest. Nichols has made the move from Brisbane to follow old coach Ange Postecoglue at Melbourne. He has massive potential but his attitude has let him down in the past. If Ange can get the most out of him it could be his best season yet. He has also been on the radar of Socceroos coach Oseik and played in some Asian Cup games for the Roos where he was one of the lone performers. Big smokey! Season starts in 48 hours, really looking forward to it J Busy with work but If I have time will post up some match bets, I haven’t had a chance to even look much into the games yet. Usually first round is of course impossible to predict but there lies some value as well! Good luck all.

Re: A League Season 2013/2014 Round 1 Sydney FC v Newcastle Newcastle Win 1 Unit $3.75@Sportsbet Sydney are rightly favourites however Newcastle I think are a chance of an upset. First round and Sydney has 7 players on the sidelines with injury/international duty, the majority from the starting 11. Combined with a new look team and poor trial form I think there is every chance a stable Newcastle side can jag a result and perhaps net a few goals through a leaky Sydney defence. I know I've harped on it in my season preview but I just really am not a fan of Sydney's backline, especially with Boschart out injured. Newcastle took out the same fixture last season 3-2 albeit with Heskey debuting. Melbourne Victory v Melbourne Heart No Bet Should be brilliant game although hopefully not marred by Victory supporters boycott/protests. Looking at a 45k crowd and great way to start the season. These derbies are always impossible to predict. I lean towards Victory but would like to see both these teams play before I start backing them. How Heart are going to perform this season is a complete mystery to me! Both teams are affected by players on international duty. Wellington Phoenix v Brisbane FC Brisbane Win 1 Unit $2.10 @ Sportsbet Brisbane have shown no problem travelling across the ditch in previous seasons with a formiddable record against Wellington. This game presents a massive opportunity for a big win to start the season. Wellington is crippled with International duty with half the starting team missing. Brisbane is only missing Matt Mckay on international duty and should be able to continue strong preseason form with a comfortable victory here. I wouldn't be suprised to see a blowout and definitely leaning on overs here. For the record, Wellington has beaten brisbane twice in twenty games since the A League began! Central Coast v WSW No bet Grand final replay. I predict a draw here but not going to make a play on it. I feel both sides defence is solid and maybe a 0-0 or 1-1 scoreline will be grinded out. Both teams have plenty of new players will be a great game and insane atmosphere with RBB travelling to Gosford! Adelaide v Perth No bet Happy also to sit and watch this one without making a play. Always a fiery encounter and looking forward to seeing how Adelaide's "barca" style play is implemented!

Re: A League Season 2013/2014

Round 1 Sydney FC v Newcastle Newcastle Win 1 Unit $3.75@Sportsbet :cry Sydney are rightly favourites however Newcastle I think are a chance of an upset. First round and Sydney has 7 players on the sidelines with injury/international duty, the majority from the starting 11. Combined with a new look team and poor trial form I think there is every chance a stable Newcastle side can jag a result and perhaps net a few goals through a leaky Sydney defence. I know I've harped on it in my season preview but I just really am not a fan of Sydney's backline, especially with Boschart out injured. Newcastle took out the same fixture last season 3-2 albeit with Heskey debuting. Melbourne Victory v Melbourne Heart No Bet Should be brilliant game although hopefully not marred by Victory supporters boycott/protests. Looking at a 45k crowd and great way to start the season. These derbies are always impossible to predict. I lean towards Victory but would like to see both these teams play before I start backing them. How Heart are going to perform this season is a complete mystery to me! Both teams are affected by players on international duty. Wellington Phoenix v Brisbane FC Brisbane Win 1 Unit $2.10 @ Sportsbet :nana Brisbane have shown no problem travelling across the ditch in previous seasons with a formiddable record against Wellington. This game presents a massive opportunity for a big win to start the season. Wellington is crippled with International duty with half the starting team missing. Brisbane is only missing Matt Mckay on international duty and should be able to continue strong preseason form with a comfortable victory here. I wouldn't be suprised to see a blowout and definitely leaning on overs here. For the record, Wellington has beaten brisbane twice in twenty games since the A League began! Central Coast v WSW No bet Grand final replay. I predict a draw here but not going to make a play on it. I feel both sides defence is solid and maybe a 0-0 or 1-1 scoreline will be grinded out. Both teams have plenty of new players will be a great game and insane atmosphere with RBB travelling to Gosford! Adelaide v Perth No bet Happy also to sit and watch this one without making a play. Always a fiery encounter and looking forward to seeing how Adelaide's "barca" style play is implemented!
Interesting start to the season. A lot of the top teams were shown up as perhaps not having the edge expected but of course not too much should be read into from the first round. The most disappointing team of the round was Newcastle. Sydney did defend better than I expected but realistically, Newcastle barely had a chance on goal. Sadly, Heskey returning in a months time won't be enough to propel them into the top 6. Suprise packet of the week was Wellington missing 6 of their starting 11 who took it to Brisbane in the first half. Brisbane was lucky to jag a goal in the end but that's what the good teams do nut out the tough results! Adelaide also were impressive and were team of the round for me. Season so far Bet 2 Units Return 2.1 Units ROI 5%

Minor Premiership Melbourne Victory 1 Unit $5.50 @ Sportsbet Ange has had a year with Melbourne now and I feel like he has had the time to shape and mould his squad as he did with Brisbane. The new look midfield is exciting and they have a potent attack in Thompson, Pain and Barbarouses. The only potential worry for me is defence. Contreras should prove to be a valuable signing and with Leijer stripped of the captaincy he can now focus more on his own game! Melbourne’s trial results haven’t been the greatest but of course the coach uses these games to experiment. In watching the youngsters play against Liverpool I was very surprised at how good they were holding the ball with nice quick passing and movement. Liverpool probably weren’t heaping too much pressure on them but regardless it was a promising sign for me.
What on earth does 'Minor Premiership' mean mate? I saw some of the Victory v Heart and I was very impressed with Victory's style of play, as you said above. They looked very very comfortable on the ball, and reminded of Brisbane Roar under Postecoglou. I was about to say this promises a good season for them, but I've just seen Postecoglou is being touted as the new Australia manager.

What on earth does 'Minor Premiership' mean mate? I saw some of the Victory v Heart and I was very impressed with Victory's style of play, as you said above. They looked very very comfortable on the ball, and reminded of Brisbane Roar under Postecoglou. I was about to say this promises a good season for them, but I've just seen Postecoglou is being touted as the new Australia manager.
The A League uses a similar format as Rugby League/AFL/Rugby Union competitions and has a finals series. The Champions of the season are the team who wins the Grand Final which is currently seen as the pinnacle of the competition. The minor premiership is the team who finishes top of the table. Many supporters and pundits have called for the champions to be the top of the table finisher but that will not be the case any time soon. The finals series brings too many $$$ to the game and draws many bandwagon supporters who dont go to regular season fixtures eg.. Brisbane's average crowd is about 14,000. Both grand finals were sellouts of 50,000. Yes Victory looked ok and I think when Barbarousses and Milligan are back they have the potential. I highly doubt Postecoglou will be given manager of Australia before the world cup. I believe they will choose a foreign coach and after this world cup, one of Postecoglou, Arnold or Popovic will be given the job. Highly likely Postecoglou.

Re: A League Season 2013/2014 Round 2 Adelaide V Melbourne Draw 1 Unit $3.50 @ Sportsbet Adelaide were the suprise team in round one with a very cohesive team effort considering so many new players. Melbourne weren't so good and could not find the back of the net against Heart. This will be a completely different game I think. Melbourne welcomes back it's captain and Milligan and new attacking weapon Barbarousses. This will bring some definite scoring ability back into the side. They just seemed to lack the cutting edge to provide Thompson with opportunities last week. Adelaide lose Boogard and Isaiahs due to red cards last week. Both players were influential in their win. Melbourne lose marquee defender Contreras who was solid and an integral part of them keeping a clean sheet against Heart. Adelaide certainly deserve to be slight favourites at home but I see this as an even game and good odds available on the draw. Past stats between the two sides dont mean much here as both teams have new look squads. Melbourne does have an edge over Adelaide overall but Adelaide slightly better when playing Melbourne at home! Both sides will be looking to score and Melbourne will be desperate not to go two games straight with no goals scored while Adelaide will be looking to score freely again this week. I like overs here but will not take a play on it.

Round 2 Adelaide V Melbourne Draw 1 Unit $3.50 @ Sportsbet Adelaide were the suprise team in round one with a very cohesive team effort considering so many new players. Melbourne weren't so good and could not find the back of the net against Heart. This will be a completely different game I think. Melbourne welcomes back it's captain and Milligan and new attacking weapon Barbarousses. This will bring some definite scoring ability back into the side. They just seemed to lack the cutting edge to provide Thompson with opportunities last week. Adelaide lose Boogard and Isaiahs due to red cards last week. Both players were influential in their win. Melbourne lose marquee defender Contreras who was solid and an integral part of them keeping a clean sheet against Heart. Adelaide certainly deserve to be slight favourites at home but I see this as an even game and good odds available on the draw. Past stats between the two sides dont mean much here as both teams have new look squads. Melbourne does have an edge over Adelaide overall but Adelaide slightly better when playing Melbourne at home! Both sides will be looking to score and Melbourne will be desperate not to go two games straight with no goals scored while Adelaide will be looking to score freely again this week. I like overs here but will not take a play on it.
Result: Adelaide 2 Victory 2 I only saw the second half, and can only assume that Adelaide dominated the first, but the second was really one-way traffic towards the Adelaide goal. I was a bit surprised Victory didn't win, and there was no doubt they deserved at least a point from what I saw. I was also impressed with Adelaide's defending, but they couldn't withstand wave after wave of white shirts.

Re: A League Season 2013/2014 Season so far Bet 3 Units Returned 5.6 Units ROI 46.43% No bets for me tonight. Off to a wedding unfortunately and missing my team Brisbane's first home game. Without looking too much into the games the favourites should come out on top. Brisbane should win but are too short for 2nd round and I like the Mariners to beat Heart but not putting my money on it :) Will have a good look at tomorrows games hopefully if I get time :)

Re: A League Season 2013/2014 [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 25 October 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Melbourne Victory v Brisbane Roar (09:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.82 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.70 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 26 October 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Central Coast Mariners v Adelaide United (07:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.85 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.24 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Sydney FC v Western Sydney Wanderers FC (09:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.7 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.88 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.27 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 27 October 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Wellington Phoenix v Newcastle United Jets (04:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.90 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Perth Glory v Melbourne Heart (06:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.15 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.7 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.95 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: A League Season 2013/2014 Round 3 Melbourne v Brisbane Draw 1 Unit $3.50 @Bet365 Such a big build up for this game with Ange's last game before taking on the Socceroos ironically being against his two time champions Brisbane. Brisbane have always found the trip to Melbourne a tough prospect and Melbourne are the only team who since inception have more wins against Brisbane than losses (Wanderers not included)! I feel that while Brisbane has made a good start result wise, we still need a few more games to be certain they should be favourites for the championship. It was a really tough game against an understrength Wellington and I don't believe much can be read into the Sydney result as they are a poor team with a horrible defence. Both sides are now basically at full strength except of course Berisha for Brisbane out for probably two weeks. This means Yeboah or more likely Henrique will be starting up the pointy end for Brisbane. I wasn't convinced with Henrique last week even though he played ok but I think he will struggle to find the net against a better defence/midfield. Meanwhile Barbarousses will probably start for Melbourne. He looked dangerous when he came on around 65th minute last week and helped Melbourne get back to scrape through with a draw. Melbourne played some phenomenal stuff in the second half against Adelaide and Mitch Nichols was instrumental in breaking down Adelaide's defence. I think although both teams will be going for the win, Brisbane will secretly be happy with a draw here and their defence should be good enough to get there. My prediction 1-1. Will post up some more of my tips for rest of round tomorrow night but so far I think we are definitely looking at at least two draws for the round!

Re: A League Season 2013/2014 Let down from Brisbane's keeper Theo for that game with a bad error costing them a 1-0 defeat! Brisbane had some good chances on goal but certainly lacking Berisha's quality up front to convert! Today's games. Wellington v Newcastle Wellington 1 Unit $1.82 @ Unibet This is a bottom of the table clash after the first two rounds. The two teams show different form despite not having a win yet. I'm certainly regretting already choosing Phoenix for the spoon over Newcastle! Wellington has looked good in both of their games with a heart breaker last 30 second loss against Brisbane and came back from a goal down to draw with the strong Wanderers last week away from home. Newcastle on the other hand has been poor with a first up defeat against a poor Sydney side and then again failed to trouble the scorer in a 0-0 bore draw last week against a youthful Perth side. Wellington are almost at full strength now and the squad poses a wealth of attacking talent. Cunningham in particular has proven to be a solid signing and has created plenty of opportunities in the first two games. Hernandez is also looking like he still has what it takes to compete in the A League and has shown some brilliance as well. And of course they have proven goalscorers in Brockie and Huysegems. This is what Newcastle is severely lacking. They are not bad players but just dont seem strong enough to penetrate decent defence so far. Wellington has a good edge over Newcastle with 12 wins to 5 over 19 games (2 draws). Wellington always tough at home although this game will be played in Napier, it will still feel like a home game for them. Of course it is still early in the season and anything can happen but when analysing this game it is hard to see Newcastle coming away with anything. Prediction Wellington 2-0. Perth Glory v Melbourne Heart Melbourne Heart 1 Unit Win $3.62 @ Pinnacle Sports I'm predicting an upset here. Going on form, Melbourne would have to be slight favourites. Of course any team travelling to Perth is in for a tough match with the long travel! Perth I feel have been disappointing in their first few games while Heart have looked solid in defence and capable of troubling the scorers. Scoring two goals against Mariners is no mean feat! To concede no goals from open play against Victory and Mariners shows their defence is working already and without Smeltz I certainly think Perth are going to struggle to find the net! Mclaren to me doesn't quite look like he has the finishing touch required just yet. Melbourne Heart welcome Maltese marquee Mifsud into the starting lineup who will be eager to start his A league career with a goal. Melbourne Heart's away form last season is certainly a drawback with this bet but I feel these are good odds early in the season based on form! Prediction Heart 1-0.

Re: A League Season 2013/2014 Not a good round! Unfortunately missed the two saturday night games :) Perth Glory suprised but Melbourne Heart looks to continue their horrendous away form. They really did not look dangerous at all and Perth took the comfortable win. Wellington well what do you say! Newcastle started the better but Wellington really got on top in the second half. Many shots hitting the post and many chances but so close no cigar this time round :( Newcastle still with no goals in 3 games! Hopefully next week we can pick some winners! Would be good to see some other people's thoughts as well! Season so far Bet 6 Units Returned 5.6 Units ROI 92.86%

Not a good round! Unfortunately missed the two saturday night games :) Perth Glory suprised but Melbourne Heart looks to continue their horrendous away form. They really did not look dangerous at all and Perth took the comfortable win. Wellington well what do you say! Newcastle started the better but Wellington really got on top in the second half. Many shots hitting the post and many chances but so close no cigar this time round :( Newcastle still with no goals in 3 games! Hopefully next week we can pick some winners! Would be good to see some other people's thoughts as well! Season so far Bet 6 Units Returned 5.6 Units ROI 92.86%
I saw the first half of Perth Glory v Melbourne Heart. Actually, Heart started well and missed a great chance to take the lead with a header from a few yards out. But Perth took over after that and dominated from what I saw.

Re: A League Season 2013/2014 Western Sydney Wanderers v Adelaide United Big favouritism for Wanderers at home here and little value at under the $1.50 mark for a Wanderers win. I don't think it should be that tight as Adelaide has been ok so far with plenty of good play. The game against Victory in particular they played brilliant passing game until fitness seemed to let them down in the last 15 minutes. I don't think the history between the teams can be looked at as they have only played 3 games (2-1 wanderers) and squads, in particular Adelaide has completely changed since last years high goalscoring games between the sides. The only information I would like to know that I can't get a hold of even a couple of hours out is if Neumann is playing for Adelaide. This makes a big difference to their goalscoring prospects. Signs are he has been training strongly all week and should play? Hersi, Wanderers top player is out which will put a dent in their fluidity. He is a top player and is brilliant in retaining possession and out skilling opponents! While everyone has been raging about Wanderers, the reality is they have had two questionable draws where they could not get across the line and only one win so far against Del Pieroless Sydney Shambles FC which cannot be much read into! Of course they should be favourite at home but I think odds are too good on Adelaide if they can put together a decent performance so I'm taking DNB here. Adelaide DNB 1 Unit $5.20 @ Sportsbet

Re: A League Season 2013/2014 Wow what a game that atmosphere is just getting ridiculous now. Adelaide totally dominated possession and went up 1-0 early in the second half! The last 25 minutes though the same as the Melbourne Victory game. They seemed to run out of legs and the two goals from Juric were cracking! 2-1 Wanderers.

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 2 November 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Newcastle United Jets v Central Coast Mariners (08:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.7 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.97 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]107.07 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings]inrunning.gif [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 3 November 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Brisbane Roar v Melbourne Heart (06:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.55 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.58 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 4 November 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Melbourne Victory v Wellington Phoenix (08:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.42 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: A League Season 2013/2014 Am trying to get an Anytime Scorecast bet up, generally try to multi them for fun/maximum payback, but since there is only one game tonight, it will be a single... Melbourne Victory to beat Wellington 3-0/Barbarouses to score at anytime. Reasoning... * Wellington are scoreless 3 out of the last 5 times against Victory in Melbourne. * Wellington have only scored 2 goals in their 3 games this season. * Victory haven't conceded at home in their 2 home games so far. * In the last 6 meetings vs Wellington, Victory have scored at least 2 goals, and no more than 3 goals * It's been 22 competitive games since Kosta Barbarouses has scored. As someone that has a league career record of slightly better than 1 goal per 5 games, he is due. * Barbarouses has scored 2 times in 3 games against his former side. $16.00 @ Bet365

Re: A League Season 2013/2014 Season so far Bet 7 Units Returned 5.6 Units ROI 80% Unlucky last week :) Let's see if we can pick some results this week! Melbourne Heart v WSW WSW 1 Unit Win $1.85 @ BetVictor The Wanderers played well last week and showed a good fight spirit to get the come from behind win against Adelaide. Melbourne Heart still have not notched up a win and only scored 2 goals now in the first 4 games. Bringing up the rear of the table the pressure is on John Aloisi. Mifsud had some promising looking shots last week against Brisbane but they just couldn't find the net. And after Melbourne pressed for so long in the first half, Brisbane basically took the piss out of them in the second half and were a class above cruising to the 3 nil victory. These teams have met 3 times so far and Wanderers have won all of them. So, Wanderers certainly look to continue being one of Heart's bogey teams with a win here. If Heart, are to score early, Mifsud is a decent shout at $9 for first goalscorer. He was put in good positions at least 3 times last week and put in some solid strikes, a couple just scraping past the post. Sportsbet are offering money back on first goalscorer bets if the game ends in a draw for this round.

Re: A League Season 2013/2014 Didnt see the game last week but by all accounts Wanderers wasted a heap of chances and could have had the game wrapped up at half time. Heart played well against Victory in the opening game but have'nt impressed since. Adelaide are certainly a better team than Heart and Id be be surprised if WSW dont win this one. But for some reason Iv a bad feeling about this one so Im not going to play. Goodluck Gurudave.

Re: A League Season 2013/2014 Sorry just got home from work haven't had time to look at games properly so not going to put anything up! At a glance I think surely at least one of Melbourne or Adelaide will get up at odds of $2.30 and $2. No bets for me.

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 9 November 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Sydney FC v Melbourne Victory (08:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.35 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]97.13 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings]inrunning.gif [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 10 November 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Central Coast Mariners v Brisbane Roar (06:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.26 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.79 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 15 November 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Melbourne Heart v Sydney FC (08:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]108.08 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 16 November 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Adelaide United v Perth Glory (06:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]109.17 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Western Sydney Wanderers FC v Melbourne Victory (08:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]108.46 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 17 November 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Newcastle United Jets v Brisbane Roar (06:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]106.44 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Sorry just got home from work haven't had time to look at games properly so not going to put anything up! At a glance I think surely at least one of Melbourne or Adelaide will get up at odds of $2.30 and $2. No bets for me.
Yeah had Adelaide AH + 0. They are nowhere near clinical enough in front of goal and way too open at the back. Geronomo missed an open net from 3 metres out as he kicked it right at a clueless defender inbetween. What I learned from this match is that because they put so much emphasis on the short passing game and the full backs joining in, they leave themselves sooooo vulnerable at the back to quick counters. So I'll be laying adelaide in away matches from now on as I can't see them going away to one of the decent teams and not getting ripped apart at the back.

Re: A League Season 2013/2014 Il be taking Brisbane in some form today, they have looked pretty good in most of their matches so far while the CCM have'nt really impressed me. CCM have Breen back but lose out on McGlinchey and Roux who are off with New Zealand. Brisbane will also miss Liam Miller and Berisha who are big losses but they have coped alright so far without them. Il take Brisbane +.5 @ 1.67 and smaller on straight win @3.35 local bookies.

Il be taking Brisbane in some form today' date=' they have looked pretty good in most of their matches so far while the CCM have'nt really impressed me. CCM have Breen back but lose out on McGlinchey and Roux who are off with New Zealand. Brisbane will also miss Liam Miller and Berisha who are big losses but they have coped alright so far without them. Il take Brisbane +.5 @ 1.67 and smaller on straight win @3.35 local bookies.[/quote'] Very nice bet sir. Cracking strike to Yeboah to pull it off a very good game dominated by Brisbane!