A League Season 2013/2014

Re: A League Season 2013/2014 Not too sure what's going to happen tonight. Archie is out for Melbourne but Perth were leaky against Wellington and I dont think Melbourne will be as forgiving. It's a very young Perth side and Melbourne deserve to be favourites but I think they are a bit short. Not confident in putting the money on Perth either. No bet tonight will be interesting to see if Muscat can get the Victory. If he cant the question marks will start being raised! No bet.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: A League Season 2013/2014 Mariners v Phoenix North Sydney Oval Central Coast are taking this game to North Sydney Oval, the first time an A League game will be played at this ground. Wellington, while coming close just haven't been able to get a win on the board this season while the Mariners are struggling compared to previous seasons. I am not reading much into the 4-0 loss against Adelaide. I just watched a replay and Adelaide play a completely different style to Wellington hackers and were well due to get a good win on the board after playing some very attractive football past few games. Mariners uncharacteristically missed a few sitters but overall their passing game was still solid. They have plenty of good players who coach Moss may switch around for this game but they certainly have more depth than Wellington. Mariners past 4 games before the Adelaide game they won 2/draw 1/lost 1 (Brisbane Roar) and only conceded 2 goals in these 4 games. The only way I see Wellington scoring here is a lucky counter. Last 5 games between these two teams show Mariners 4 wins and 1 draw. Mariners Win 1 Unit $1.61 @ Sportsbet Mariners Win to nil 1 Unit $2.76 @ Sportsbet

Re: A League Season 2013/2014 [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 19 December 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Central Coast Mariners v Wellington Phoenix (08:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.99 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 20 December 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Brisbane Roar v Newcastle United Jets (09:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.73 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 21 December 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Melbourne Heart v Melbourne Victory (08:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.1 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.7 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.95 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.64 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 22 December 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Wellington Phoenix v Sydney FC (06:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.32 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.92 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Perth Glory v Adelaide United (08:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.22 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.39 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 23 December 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Western Sydney Wanderers FC v Central Coast Mariners (08:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.82 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.52 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: A League Season 2013/2014

Mariners v Phoenix North Sydney Oval Central Coast are taking this game to North Sydney Oval, the first time an A League game will be played at this ground. Wellington, while coming close just haven't been able to get a win on the board this season while the Mariners are struggling compared to previous seasons. I am not reading much into the 4-0 loss against Adelaide. I just watched a replay and Adelaide play a completely different style to Wellington hackers and were well due to get a good win on the board after playing some very attractive football past few games. Mariners uncharacteristically missed a few sitters but overall their passing game was still solid. They have plenty of good players who coach Moss may switch around for this game but they certainly have more depth than Wellington. Mariners past 4 games before the Adelaide game they won 2/draw 1/lost 1 (Brisbane Roar) and only conceded 2 goals in these 4 games. The only way I see Wellington scoring here is a lucky counter. Last 5 games between these two teams show Mariners 4 wins and 1 draw. Mariners Win 1 Unit $1.61 @ Sportsbet Mariners Win to nil 1 Unit $2.76 @ Sportsbet
Yes and to further support your bet this is the match-in-hand for both teams. So Wellington are at home to Sydney (sunday) and Mariners are away to WSW on Monday night. So for Wellington, Sydney is their most winnable game of the 2 and Merrick may make his selection accordingly and be smart with his resources. Whereas for CCM THIS is their most winnable match - playing Phoenix at North Sydney is a lot less complicated than playing WSW in parramatta. PLUS the extra day of rest the Mariners coach has, gives him more breathing space when it comes to selection. It's interesting that prices for the home win opened at 1.65 around Monday, but now are 1.75 and you can get 1.80 on betfair. I know McGlinchey is out but he's not worth a 15 point jump. I'm hoping it's just the average punter reading too much into the 4-0 in Adelaide where the performance wasn't really all that bad. It's good that the price is rising because Mariners are the sort of team who would be brooding all week and then come out and give everything even if they are playing the basement boys. Goodluck :ok

Re: A League Season 2013/2014 Wow that was soooo lucky. I'll be staying off the Mariners for a while after that performance. They really should have lost 1-3 as a conservative estimate. Wellington had a penalty and 2 wide open goals where GK and defenders were on the floor praying for a miracle - and the miracles certainly arrived! - but the Phoenix have an amazing ability to absolutely defy the laws of physics whenever in front of goal. I'm just happy I was backing against them and not on them.

Re: A League Season 2013/2014 Nice result last night :) Lucky Wellington are horrid in converting their opportunities! Strange game tonight. I'm off to the game shortly no bet on tonight for me. Obviously I have a bias towards Brisbane win but the draw looks tasty odds. Newcastle are playing well while Brisbane have grinded out their last couple of wins. Brisbane has only beat Newcastle at home 2 out of 11 games ever so for some strange reason they seem to be our bogey team at home. Good luck to anybody finding value!

Re: A League Season 2013/2014 If the Mariners perform like they did on Thursday night, (and likely they will as they've looked tired for 3 weeks in a row now) the Wanderers will punish them at home. It's a short turn around for Central Coast as they barely held on to an undeserved 1-0 on Thursday night vs the weakest away team in the comp who dominated the match but couldn't finish when in a beautiful position to score. Mariners recently look very blunt in attack and bereft of ideas and creativity. What I notice when watch them is how many old players they have which really doesn't suit their grinding attrition style of play which usually requires a lot of graft and running to achieve. So while Mariners were busting a gut to stave off the Phoenix attackers on Thursday, WSW have had a long time to prepare and regather for this match. They will all be motivated to get one over on the team who beat them in the final last season. Also importantly (not 100% sure) Juric the lone striker returns from injury and I think they missed him as in his absence it's a bunch of attacking midfielders trying to do it all without that aggressive outlet front man that you need. Don't rate Haliti but that's only my opinion. So for now the home win looks a big chance for me as the WSW have the creative attackers (Hersi, Ono) that the Central Coast lack. :ok

[TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 28 December 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Melbourne Victory v Western Sydney Wanderers FC (08:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.66 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.45 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.84 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.79 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 29 December 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Adelaide United v Newcastle United Jets (06:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.36 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.15 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.53 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 31 December 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Central Coast Mariners v Perth Glory (07:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.72 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.76 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 1 January 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Western Sydney Wanderers FC v Wellington Phoenix (08:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.48 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.33 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.76 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: A League Season 2013/2014 Western Sydney Wanderers FC v Wellington Phoenix OK WSW have got all their players back and we saw how good they were last week when they beat their grand final conquerors 2-0 at home. Now the Phoenix have managed to jag two fortunate wins on the trot against the only 2 teams as bad as they are (Sydney and Melbourne Heart). Both 1-0. Watching the Phoenix play you see that they don't belong in this league. The can't put 3 passes together and play with no direction or conviction. They are opportunistic in their attacking. They just hit balls forward and hope to find themselves in space. This is why it takes about 30 shots for them to score 2 goal. In contrast WSW will have their front 3 (who were rested against Melbourne Victory) of Hersi, Ono and Juric fit and firing for the visit of the Phoenix. We saw last night that the squad has plenty of depth as well with Santalab coming off the bench and scoring after 70 secs. Because Popvic rested so many starters vs Victory it's an indication that he will play the best 11 vs Phoenix. And with the way the New Zealanders perform on the road this could be a belting handed out on New Year's Day. In the last couple of matches, WSW have been playing with alot of desire and quality and their attack and defence just looks in form. I think huge crowd that will turn out will be very intimidating to the Phoenix who will be out of their depth here. Watching both teams' last few matches I am pretty certain how the play will unfold. When Phoenix have the ball they will pass among the defenders and go nowhere and when they do venture forward then they don't have the technical qualities to threaten the best defence in the league and will surrender possession very quickly over and over again. WSW will keep possession for long spells (in what will be hot conditions) and will look like scoring at any given moment and have the Phoenix on the ropes from the start. Most books have WSW @ 1.45 and I think it should be 1.25 and this price will plummet. The asians aren't out yet but the - 1 AH should be about 1.70 and this looks value as I think WSW can win this one by whatever margin they wish. The Phoenix may be artificially high on confidence after their lucky 1-0 wins (both matches were like games of Russian Roulette where score could have been anything) but the WSW are not Sydney or Melbourne Heart and if Wellington gift the same chances to Western Sydney the they will kill the Phoenix and knock that confidence right out of them. Good luck :ok

Re: A League Season 2013/2014 Adelaide v Sydney Adelaide Win 1 Unit $1.95 @ Bet365 Over 2.5 $1.83 @ Pinnacle Dont know what happened there mate! At 1-0 up it looked bang on and then go to sleep! Tonight Adelaide v Del Piero FC (Sydney) I like Adelaide and Overs. Adelaide are playing a most similar game to Brisbane Roar which Sydney struggled with last week. I think their ball movement and speed is going to be too much for Sydney who just cannot keep up with these teams. They needed to press Brisbane hard but are either clueless or just dont have the fitness. Only concern of course is injuries with Carusca out after some thug challenges from Newcastle. Malik also out which is less of a concern but jeronimo also out on suspension which limits strike power off the bench. I think the starting 11 will have enough to get them a win. They have also kept a few clean sheets in prior games although don't be suprised of course if Del Piero hits one from anywhere. Prediction 3-1 Adelaide.

Adelaide v Sydney Adelaide Win 1 Unit $1.95 @ Bet365 :puke Over 2.5 $1.83 @ Pinnacle :nana
Hilarious. I choked on my sushi roll when Sydney scored that 2nd goal. Unbelievable! My disdain for Sydney is massive. Here they are playing a team with no strikers left... top 4 or 5 players out and they luckbox their way into a draw. In fairness, both Sydney goals were very poor defending from Adelaide!

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 4 January 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Newcastle United Jets v Perth Glory (06:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.33 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.33 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]75.57 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings]inrunning.gif [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Melbourne Victory v Brisbane Roar (08:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.78 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.11 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 5 January 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Central Coast Mariners v Melbourne Heart (06:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.63 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.31 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 10 January 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD][/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Newcastle United Jets v Melbourne Victory (08:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.62[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.84[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.08 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD][/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Perth Glory v Melbourne Heart (10:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.15[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.81 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 11 January 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD][/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Brisbane Roar v Adelaide United (06:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 9.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.45 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD][/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Western Sydney Wanderers FC v Sydney FC (08:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.54[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.16 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 12 January 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD][/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Wellington Phoenix v Central Coast Mariners (06:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.35[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.38 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 14 January 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD][/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Melbourne Victory v Western Sydney Wanderers FC (08:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.55[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.87[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.77 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: A League Season 2013/2014 Newcastle v Melbourne Victory over 2.5 @ 1.90 bet365 Newcastle v Melbourne Victory over 3.5 @ 3.10 bet365 Their last 6 meetings have seen this game go over and considering the respective line ups here, believe there will be goals again. Newcastle have conceded in each of their last 5 home games, and the Victory has one of the better attacking set of players to score on them, especially as they will have no choice to, if they are to win this game. They are without most of their regular starting back four, with suspensions and national team duty call-ups affecting them for this game. Added to this, is that they have just one clean sheet in their last 10 away games, so even without their regular starters, they were leaking goals in. Should be a great battle between two in-form attackers as Taggart for Newcastle and Troisi for the Victory are on top of the goal scoring charts, so they will be looking to add to their tally. Perth v Melbourne Heart over 2.5 @ 2.25 bet365 Perth v Melbourne Heart over 3.5 @ 4.15 bet365 Perth finally got a win last week and will be looking to add to it while the Heart still are creating chances but lack the finishing touch to put them away. With Perth missing the likes of Jamieson, Risdon and Gallas, their defence is lacking some starters and the Heart have the players to score on them, especially of they believe that they can finish in the top 6, then they need to start scoring and winning their games. However their defence is leaky and they have allowed 9 nine goals in their last 5 away games. Perth have some speedy players up front and the Heart defence is not that quick, so expect them to play some early balls over the top to catch them out. Both teams are desperate for a win and expect to see an open game with both teams looking for goals

Re: A League Season 2013/2014 Friday results: Newcastle 1 Victory 1 Perth 3 Melbourne Heart 0 I saw most of both games (they are streamed free in the UK on bookies sites). I thought Newcastle were the better side against Victory and probably deserved to win. Perth v Heart started slowly and opened up after Perth took the lead. Heart were well in the game until late on when they missed a great chance to equalise, and then had a player sent off. Glory brought Shane Smeltz on who got two late goals, but the result says as much about Heart as it does about Perth. Apparently Heart have now had one of the worst runs in Aussie football history. They're about to get new owners according to the commentator.

Re: A League Season 2013/2014 Western Sydney v Sydney FC Just looking at this big derby game being played tomorrow Saturday. Sydney FC look possible value to me at long odds of up to 8.0 (BetVictor). They're not that far below Western Sydney in the table, and in the two games played at Western Sydney so far, Sydney FC have won one and drawn one. http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/sydney-fc-and-western-sydney-wanderers-fighting-cultural-battle-off-the-field/story-fnk6pqhd-1226799238702 Sydney FC +0.5 2.87 Pinnacle

Re: A League Season 2013/2014 After two fairly poor games last night today should be a brilliant day for A League football! The derby tonight and the two most attractive football teams in the comp playing each other! Both games look like bankers to some but I think there is certainly value on the away teams. Adelaide have been playing great football and even with their injuries you never know what they will be able to produce. Gombau will be going for a win no doubt, he has absolutely nothing to lose. Meanwhile, Brisbane's formation is going to be tinkered with. Mulvey is supposedly going to play Berisha on the left and leave Broich in the middle of the park! Last time Brisbane played this formation I recall it was unsuccessful. Another factor, the Suncorp pitch. Although it has helped poorer teams such as Newcastle against us, it should have the same effect on Brisbane and Adelaide's passing games if not in the best condition. Brisbane should win the game no doubt but I just cant go past some of the odds available. Brisbane like conceding early goals at home even if they do come back to win. I don't ever really bet against Brisbane but I'm going to have a speculative 1 unit on Adelaide HT/FT @ $17 (Sportsbet). Same thing with Wanderers v Sydney tonight. Derby is a different game and both teams usually step up. Sydney ok I keep banging on about their horrible defence but they have still managed to get some results this year and not a bad position on the table. If they can defend and get some Del Piero magic who knows? Odds are too high again, even Heart weren't paying this much against the Wanderers. 1 Unit Sydney HT/FT $13 (Sportsbet). If anyone is feeling really lucky these can be combined for a multi of $221 :lol Good luck enjoy the games!

Western Sydney v Sydney FC Just looking at this big derby game being played tomorrow Saturday. Sydney FC look possible value to me at long odds of up to 8.0 (BetVictor). They're not that far below Western Sydney in the table, and in the two games played at Western Sydney so far, Sydney FC have won one and drawn one. http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/sydney-fc-and-western-sydney-wanderers-fighting-cultural-battle-off-the-field/story-fnk6pqhd-1226799238702 Sydney FC +0.5 2.87 Pinnacle
Result: Western Sydney 1 Sydney FC 0 Bet lost I saw most of it and thought Western Sydney probably deserved to win. They dominated the first half, and hit the woodwork about 4 times. Sydney FC seemed to have the better of the second, but overall I thought the home side just about deserved their late winner. I'm reasonably happy with this bet though, given the long odds. Sydney FC could have won it themselves and came close to getting a point.

[TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 12 January 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Wellington Phoenix v Central Coast Mariners (06:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.65 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.42 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 14 January 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Melbourne Victory v Western Sydney Wanderers FC (08:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.65 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.87 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.82 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 17 January 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Melbourne Heart v Newcastle United Jets (08:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.72 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.35 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.55 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.83 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Perth Glory v Brisbane Roar (10:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.85 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.55 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 18 January 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Wellington Phoenix v Melbourne Victory (06:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.85 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]96.76 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Sydney FC v Central Coast Mariners (08:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.65 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.37 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 19 January 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Adelaide United v Western Sydney Wanderers FC (06:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.15 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.35 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.25 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]106.04 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

After two fairly poor games last night today should be a brilliant day for A League football! The derby tonight and the two most attractive football teams in the comp playing each other! Both games look like bankers to some but I think there is certainly value on the away teams. Adelaide have been playing great football and even with their injuries you never know what they will be able to produce. Gombau will be going for a win no doubt, he has absolutely nothing to lose. Meanwhile, Brisbane's formation is going to be tinkered with. Mulvey is supposedly going to play Berisha on the left and leave Broich in the middle of the park! Last time Brisbane played this formation I recall it was unsuccessful. Another factor, the Suncorp pitch. Although it has helped poorer teams such as Newcastle against us, it should have the same effect on Brisbane and Adelaide's passing games if not in the best condition. Brisbane should win the game no doubt but I just cant go past some of the odds available. Brisbane like conceding early goals at home even if they do come back to win. I don't ever really bet against Brisbane but I'm going to have a speculative 1 unit on Adelaide HT/FT @ $17 (Sportsbet).
:nana:clap Not happy my team lost but got the consolation! No bet for me this afternoon I haven't been following Mariners games enough to make a judgement! Wellington have been playing solid though if they can take their chances!

Re: A League Season 2013/2014 Hi everyone. Does anybody know where I can find a list of each teams main penalty kickers? I have looked everywhere and can't find it :s Wel @2.45 sportingbet = Wel are in form and at home. Vic have alot of outs Sfc @ 2.5 sportingbet = Home advantage and they are due, CCM inconsistant ws @2.3 sportingbet = Not to sure on this one. Worth a punt

Re: A League Season 2013/2014 Wellington giving Melbourne an absolute plastering atm. A pleasure to watch! Lockscombi I'll attempt to list them for you! Adelaide - Neuman/Cirio Brisbane - Berisha/Petratos Central Coast - Every man and his dog. Terrible penalty takers. McBreen is usually first to step up but has a horrible conversion rate. Melbourne Heart - Harry Kewell/David Williams Melbourne Victory - James Troisi/Archie Thompson Newcastle - Emile Heskey Perth Glory - Shane Smeltz Sydney - Del Piero Wellington - Hernandez/Huysegems Western Sydney - (Completely unsure. I presume it is either Aaron Mooy or whichever striker is on the field) This is just what I think from my knowledge of the teams I havent looked anything up so I might have one wrong!