BBOTD > TUESDAY 16TH July

19:50 Yarmouth THERAPEUTIC @ 8/1 PADDYPOWER The drop back to 5f today will do the job for this horse, for showed plenty of speed last time out. Showed enough at Nottingham to suggest this horse has plenty of ability. Going to have conditions in her favour, firm ground, 5f, this race won't take a lot of winning. Milesey

Re: BBOTD > TUESDAY 16TH July Tue 16th Jul 2013 2.45 Bath (6 runners) Despite the trainers poor record here in the last 2 years, BURNING THREAD gets the nod. The 6yo starts in a Cl4 for only the 2nd time in his career and did better than the 7 suggests LTO (also a Cl4), only finishing 2.5L off the leader. He races today off a pound lower and the jockey takes another 5lb off putting him on a very enticing mark indeed, especially when considering this fellow has won a listed event in the past. The losing run is a worry but many of these have questions marks of one shape or another, and I'm hoping the (relative) feather weight and an easier race reinvigorates him. WASEEM FARIS and POWERFUL WIND made the shortlist, but I can't back the former with stats of 0/20 at 5f and has won just 2/33. POWERFUL WIND could make all again but has disappointed at his level when tried recently and is too short in the market in my opinion wheras BURNING THREAD could outrun his odds. BURNING THREAD 1pt WIN @ 8/1 (BOG Bet365)

Re: BBOTD > TUESDAY 16TH July First post here Guys, so wish me luck :-) 2:15 Bath 1pt win Resist @ 9/2 (BOG >Bet365) his will be the 4th time out for this horse, who's first two runs were over 6 furlongs, where she showed blistering speed but tended to fade inside the last furlong. She was then dropped to 5 furlongs for her last race, and shot off in front from a bad draw but then faded to finish 4l behind the eventual winner. I think she is an improving sort who will be ridden with different tactics today and is worth a small punt. The Jockey booking of the talented Harry Bentley is also IMO a positive.

Re: BBOTD > TUESDAY 16TH July 300 Beveley: Nashvile 3/1 BetVic/Coral Nice little handicap and i think this will be run to suit Nashville who likes to settle in and come off the pace. With Tartan Jura and Body Language probably battling it out up front it should be a decent pace despite the small field. Fahey's runner ran well when second at Ponty last time out and finished in front of Tartan Jura, see no reason why he wont again.

Re: BBOTD > TUESDAY 16TH July 16.30 Beverley - Just The Tonic - Win @ 7\1 SJ BOG Back out after 6 days after winning at Catterick over 7f and carrys a 6lb penalty today. Same apprentice on board but in a wide open handicap has a great chance to follow up. Has run well at track previously, a distance winner at 7 and 8 furlongs and won off just 1lb lower.

Re: BBOTD > TUESDAY 16TH July 1545 FOLKESTONE 1pt win croquembouche 13/8 betvic another de giles horse today,after yesterdays was gambled but finished 3rd,this horse loves the firm ground and im sure another win may be on the cards,made all over course and distance last month,up 41b for that,but should be able to run the race from the front and go at his own pace and with only 5 runners in the field should be able to see them off

Re: BBOTD > TUESDAY 16TH July

Tue 16th Jul 2013 2.45 Bath (6 runners) Despite the trainers poor record here in the last 2 years, BURNING THREAD gets the nod. The 6yo starts in a Cl4 for only the 2nd time in his career and did better than the 7 suggests LTO (also a Cl4), only finishing 2.5L off the leader. He races today off a pound lower and the jockey takes another 5lb off putting him on a very enticing mark indeed, especially when considering this fellow has won a listed event in the past. The losing run is a worry but many of these have questions marks of one shape or another, and I'm hoping the (relative) feather weight and an easier race reinvigorates him. WASEEM FARIS and POWERFUL WIND made the shortlist, but I can't back the former with stats of 0/20 at 5f and has won just 2/33. POWERFUL WIND could make all again but has disappointed at his level when tried recently and is too short in the market in my opinion wheras BURNING THREAD could outrun his odds. BURNING THREAD 1pt WIN @ 8/1 (BOG Bet365)
cracking winner

Re: BBOTD > TUESDAY 16TH July 3.15 BATH BOLD CROSS..5/2 STAN JAMES...Down in the OR, 1mile 4 on FIRM, today has to be the day...I will be shocked if he cant take this today. The excellent Thomas Brown on top for the icing on the cake..Big Nap for me.

3.15 BATH BOLD CROSS..5/2 STAN JAMES...Down in the OR' date=' 1mile 4 on FIRM, today has to be the day...I will be shocked if he cant take this today. The excellent Thomas Brown on top for the icing on the cake..Big Nap for me.[/quote'] 3/1 sp, won by 11 lens on the steel..Ty layers:nana

Re: BBOTD > TUESDAY 16TH July 4.30 Beverley - Summer Dancer 2pts win - 12/1 Bet365 -CD winner -4lbs lower than latest win back in September last year -Yard already had a winner today -Regular rider Micky Fenton remains on board -Handles quick ground -Bit of an all or nothing selection as I think he will win or bomb out

19:50 Yarmouth THERAPEUTIC @ 8/1 PADDYPOWER The drop back to 5f today will do the job for this horse, for showed plenty of speed last time out. Showed enough at Nottingham to suggest this horse has plenty of ability. Going to have conditions in her favour, firm ground, 5f, this race won't take a lot of winning. Milesey
NON RUNNER 16:45 BATH ( 6 RUNNERS ) MARIA MONTEZ ( NAP ) @ 11/4 >paddypower Was a filly who was flying a month ago, and has shot up in the weights due to the success. Disappointed at Brighton on her last run out, but has had a month off so should come back revived. Is 2lbs higher today, so is 9lbs up in the weights from her first recent wins, is now off a mark of 66. Progressive horse, striving filly, very powerful, shirley burkett taking off 7lbs. The month off should do the job and this horse should be back to winning ways today.

Re: BBOTD > TUESDAY 16TH July 6.30 Kempton - 1pt win Star Alliance @ 6/1 (VC) Ian Williams' horses have been in fine form in July so far and the trainer enlists the help of William Buick to take the ride on his runner this evening in a 2 mile handicap at Kempton. These races regularly consist of horses who have to prove they will stay the distance and that's not something that I really like in a horse unless the signs are clear that they'll get home. There are no such issues with my selection, who has been finishing well under similar and exactly these conditions - including a staying on 3rd here over c&d when last seen. That was a solid race for the level and if he can find his stride earlier today then he can hopefully get involved. At the prices he looks a solid bet to me against several who have it to prove at 2m.

Re: BBOTD > TUESDAY 16TH July 7:20 Yarmouth THE GREEN MONKEY 2-1 Paddy/Stan Only up 2lbs for last win over C&D on the same going. Blessing Box comes back in trip but didn't suggest 5f would suit last time and was well beaten 2f out. Honeymoon Express wasn't fancied but ran well here in June over 6f finshing 2nd and the horse she beat in 3rd won again since however I'm going to stick to the horse that is proven over 5f and not much of an extra weight burden.

20.20 Yarmouth Dalliefour - 1PT Win 15/8 StanJames Dalliefour has been improving with every race, including most recently finishing 2nd LTO behind the useful Portrait who has gone on to score again since. She seems to appreciate the fast conditions which she will have here and should also appreciate the step back in trip to 1m 1f. The last time she raced over this trip she finished 3rd behind London Bridge who has also won twice since, in better company as well. London Bridge also finished 3rd at Ascot in a class 2 recently so that form looks strong enough to win this class 6 contest.

NON RUNNER 16:45 BATH ( 6 RUNNERS ) MARIA MONTEZ ( NAP ) @ 11/4 >paddypower Was a filly who was flying a month ago, and has shot up in the weights due to the success. Disappointed at Brighton on her last run out, but has had a month off so should come back revived. Is 2lbs higher today, so is 9lbs up in the weights from her first recent wins, is now off a mark of 66. Progressive horse, striving filly, very powerful, shirley burkett taking off 7lbs. The month off should do the job and this horse should be back to winning ways today.
THANKS

Re: BBOTD > TUESDAY 16TH July NO WORRIES 19:50 Yarmouth THERAPEUTIC @ 8/1 >paddypower The drop back to 5f today will do the job for this horse, for showed plenty of speed last time out. Showed enough at Nottingham to suggest this horse has plenty of ability. Going to have conditions in her favour, firm ground, 5f, this race won't take a lot of winning. Milesey NON RUNNER MARIA MONTEZ finished 2nd Milesey