BBOTD > Sunday 14th July

15:10 SOUTHWELL WESTERN HIGH @ 7/2 BET365 Jim Best trained, the stable are absolutely flying at the moment, last 11 runners have produced 5 winners, the other 6 all placed. This horse is a JIM BEST handicap project, a winner of a bumper back in December 2011. Makes his Handicap debut today, off a mark of 104, the handicapper not really any idea from what this horse has achieved, and this mark could be very lenient , based on it's bumper form, is a fair bumper performer when winning at Towcester. Milesey

Re: BBOTD > Sunday 14th July 14 Bets yesterday - struggling today..... :( 335 Fairyhouse - Russian Soul - 100/30 - 365 Market has a nice EW shape to it with 8 going to post and I'm keen to oppose the fav from AOBs. He's not done it on these shores as yet and ig=f he were Pegasus he'd have been in the July Cup yesterday. Obvoiously could win but given the prices, the next 2 in the betting might be better options.

Re: BBOTD > Sunday 14th July Russian Soul - Fairyhouse 3:35 - WIN @ 10/3 Bet365 The O'Brien favourite is far too short here. She did win three Group 1's in Australia, but was beat 6 lengths in the Diamond Jubilee. This is much weaker, mind, but has a lot to prove in this part of the world. Russian Soul has some good form in the book. He was 2nd to Slade Power in a Group 3 at the Curragh last time out. Slade Power ran a blinder in the July Cup yesterday, 3rd to Lethal Force. Looks the strongest form in the race.

Re: BBOTD > Sunday 14th July 3.10 SOUTHWELL AMUSE ME 7/2 (Bet365 #BOG) Always interested in this one but it never made my final cut before today. After a very decent 5th place quite two weeks ago in a 0-115 handicap hurdle this grey is back to his favourite distance of 2m 4f in a very affordable contest and under a even more handy mark of 107 (was 108 at Stratford). Won twice on good-to-firm ground and already 5 wins under his belt as a hurdler, the last when 104 OR. So, given the fact his recent form was interesting (considering his winning pedigree), ground will suit and the step up in trip it's a plus, combined with the ride of A P McCoy who's 5/8 on hurdles with the horse and the pretty good price in a modest field with no clear favourite, finally Amuse Me will be my BBOTD. Western High is another one to watch close, especially because still at 5/1 despite a steady improvement throughout his career.

Re: BBOTD > Sunday 14th July

15:10 SOUTHWELL WESTERN HIGH @ 7/2 BET365 Jim Best trained, the stable are absolutely flying at the moment, last 11 runners have produced 5 winners, the other 6 all placed. This horse is a JIM BEST handicap project, a winner of a bumper back in December 2011. Makes his Handicap debut today, off a mark of 104, the handicapper not really any idea from what this horse has achieved, and this mark could be very lenient , based on it's bumper form, is a fair bumper performer when winning at Towcester. Milesey
Agree with you about the handicapper not knowing anything about the horse Milesey and very surprised to find it at 5/1 at SJ this morning. My concerns are the long absence and mainly the booking of STD who's having a very bad season. Jockey could be crucial in such a race imho. On Amuse Me as per my BBOTD but love the gamble on Western High so GL mate!

Re: BBOTD > Sunday 14th July 230 Perth: Kians Delight 10/11 PP Slightly disappointed with Kians Delight last time out when only third, it may turn out to be a hot race for the time of year so willing to forgive him and should really win in this company. Won on his chasing debut at Fakenham and was a really useful hurdler this time last year.

Re: BBOTD > Sunday 14th July Sun 14th Jul 2013 3.20 Stratford (6 runners) This looks between SOLARAS EXHIBITION and CASTLEMORRIS KING, with preference, just about, for the former. CASTLEMORRIS KING steps up to today's grade for the first time, and is another 1lb higher today (taking into account jockey's claim) and some may argue that AP's driving ride LTO counted for his >1L win. SOLARAS EXHIBITION is just 3lb higher than his last winning mark which was in a Cl2 event and was only just behind the winner LTO. Looks to have a big run in him. SOLARAS EXHIBITION 1pt WIN @ 9/4 (BOG Coral)

Re: BBOTD > Sunday 14th July 3.35 FAIRYHOUSE....NOCTURNAL AFFAIR...9/1 365.....Now you may think the 7yo, is out of this, But for me he is still in cracking form, and should not be discounted, on GF ground today,blinkers first time, really is overpriced, and stays 7f, Has won over 5...They will go fast here today, I expect him to be very strong at the end.

Re: BBOTD > Sunday 14th July

3.35 Fairyhouse - Russian Soul 1pt win - 11/4 William Hill Jumping on the Russian Soul bandwagon -Ultra consistent -In good form -Big run last time out behind Slade Power who franked the form yesterday in the July Cup -Only twice finished unplaced in 16 starts. Doesn't win often but deserves a change in luck -I like this trainer/jockey combination -Favourite is too short for me despite good run on first start in this country

Re: BBOTD > Sunday 14th July 3.35 Fairyhouse Sea Siren 11/8 Boylesports Sea Siren, an Australian import and the winner of races down under over 6 and 7f was not disgraced in his only run in this hemisphere when 6l behind Lethal Force in the Diamond Jubilee at Ascot. Now dropped to Group 3 level it will be disappointing if he cannot cope with these the best of whom looks to be Russian Soul who finished 2nd in a Group 3 lto at the Curragh over 5f 1 Point win for nap purposes Sea Siren 11/8 Boylesports

Re: BBOTD > Sunday 14th July 15.50 Stratford: West With The Wind, 8/1 Bet365, win West With The Wind was well beaten lto but that was over 3m and he didn't see out the trip at all. The drop back to 2m1f will see a much improved performance. The ground will be perfect for him. He should get an easy lead today and could be hard to catch. He has won off today's mark in the past. Trainer Evan Williams is in decent form. Paul Maloney has been on board for 7 of WWTW's 11 wins.

Re: BBOTD > Sunday 14th July 1720 stratford 1 pt win anton dolin evs pp won at the 3rd attempt over hurdles,and was very well supported in the market,seems to be the same today, odds on in places, up 10lb for that win ,but conditional jockey gets a 61b allowance, and he has a 17% strike rate when teaming up with this trainer

Re: BBOTD > Sunday 14th July 4:40 Southwell MARICO 11/2 BetVictor Not many of these have placed (let alone won) recently with the exception of this french horse who won at Plumpton over 3m1f on good ground. Didn't run so well the next time out but has never run well on any going with soft in the description so hoping that a small break and firmer ground today will help. Running off a 6lb higher mark than last the last win but some money for this horse today and can't make a confident case for any other horse in the race.