** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Pre-season friendlies

Re: Pre-season friendlies

North Ferriby-Hull AH-2 @1.77 4/10 ladbrokes North Ferriby are just promoted to the 6th division. Very poor team. Hull are a Premier League team now, did some good signings. Line is definitely too low for these differences between both sides. Maybe the bookies are thinking that Hull play a porr or mixed side, with them having also another match with Winterton today. But they have a tradition with playing these two fixtures. They normally sent their youth/reserves to Winterton while turning up with their best side at North Ferriby. Line is too low, would be fair if North Ferriby were a 4th tier team. GL
1:3 void

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Pre-season friendlies Decent night with Gosport landing at Totton at a fancy enough price, though it needed a late disallowed goal for Totton to preserve the 2-1 lead. Quite a difference between the sides, though - Gosport fielded two trialists, one who played league football and one who played in the Conference South last season; Totton had half-a-dozen trialists from the Wessex League.

Re: Pre-season friendlies A little slippage in the price about Chester against Mansfield Town tonight, and they are in to a best of 2/1 (widespread). Mansfield's main event his week is the home game with Peterborough tomorrow, and Paul Cox has already indicated he'll be using tonight as a chance to see some more trialists. Potentially, the price about Chester is a little generous, although I wouldn't want to be chasing it down much further.

Re: Pre-season friendlies The HT/FT on Lewes tonight at 15/8 with Bet365 is of some interest. They are looking much stronger this season, with a host of good signings, including Ade Olorunda, and a better management team in place. Assistant manager Danny Bloor came in from tonight's opponents Eastbourne Town last month, bringing a couple of useful bodies with him. The new management at Eastbourne is Kevin Laundon as team manager and Ady Colwell in a kind of director of football role. They've brought in the lively Liam Baitup, who has been prolific at Ryman 1 level before, but the squad is heavy with trialists at the moment and their first performance will potentially be quite rusty. Lewes look much further along the road in terms of preparation and the starting XI looks strong, though they will have plenty of in-game changes too.

Re: Pre-season friendlies Ships, can I have your opinion on Tamworth? They are playing Orient tonight - and the Orient team will be strong, I feel. Had two friendlies already - both times switching line-ups at half-time but generally one half featuring a full first-team, even the weaker side featuring a good smattering of pros. There are no injury worries at all, I don't think anyone has played much more than 45 mins so far and Slade will probably look to step it up with no game planned for Saturday. Pre-season results have been good - 7-0 against a Chelmsford side full of trialists and 4-1 against Welling (was 4-0 at HT; first-choice team in first half). I am tempted to think Welling may be of a similar standard to Tamworth although they did do OK in a 4-0 defeat to a West Brom XI that were very strong. If O's first-team starts the match I reckon a HT/FT bet could be good.

Ships, can I have your opinion on Tamworth? They are playing Orient tonight - and the Orient team will be strong, I feel. Had two friendlies already - both times switching line-ups at half-time but generally one half featuring a full first-team, even the weaker side featuring a good smattering of pros. There are no injury worries at all, I don't think anyone has played much more than 45 mins so far and Slade will probably look to step it up with no game planned for Saturday. Pre-season results have been good - 7-0 against a Chelmsford side full of trialists and 4-1 against Welling (was 4-0 at HT; first-choice team in first half). I am tempted to think Welling may be of a similar standard to Tamworth although they did do OK in a 4-0 defeat to a West Brom XI that were very strong. If O's first-team starts the match I reckon a HT/FT bet could be good.
Tamworth are a relegation favourites for many, though I reckon they'll go a bit better than Welling this season. Even so, a best of 7/5 on the O's HT/FT with PaddyPower should be a decent play, though personally I wouldn't go lower. Chelmsford's best team started against Orient, and they held their own to HT (0-0). It's when the triallists came on that the goals went in, so it might be worth waiting to find out the Tamworth starting XI and if it is heavy with new players.

Re: Pre-season friendlies fc utd are 4-9 now just before kick off,i cant find any team news but would presume they are a lot stronger than a north west counties div 1 side, interestingly utd are 6-5 on the minus 1 handicap which I have taken, gonna get a beer out the fridge now and see how it all pans out!

fc utd are 4-9 now just before kick off' date='i cant find any team news but would presume they are a lot stronger than a north west counties div 1 side, interestingly utd are 6-5 on the minus 1 handicap which I have taken, gonna get a beer out the fridge now and see how it all pans out![/quote'] ignore my tips! 1-0 Oldham 6minutes

Re: Pre-season friendlies Got caught with my pants down on the Orient result - the bench was extremely weak, only 5 subs and of these most were from the youth team. Still it was 1-0 for most of the game and Kevin Lisbie of all people missed a penalty to make it 2-0. Then the subs came on and the equaliser came in after 85 mins. Onto tonight's game and I'm looking at Swansea (1.6). They have a tour in the West and take on Yeovil and Exeter. More importantly, they have taken a full squad minus Bony but it looks very strong. Yeovil appear to me to have some issues at the back. They went to Portugal for pre-season but did not sign any of the trialists so far leaving them short on numbers. They lost 2-0 at Torquay in the last game. Have they improved that much from last season? Their side is much the same and the loanees they have got are highly speculative. Swansea are a decent Premiership side and I would have said the difference in ability is more than the division it is on paper.

Re: Pre-season friendlies [h=1]Matlock (Eng) - Alfreton[/h]19/20 (1,95 European) nordicbet 5 / 10 Matlock play in Northern PL (7th league), its 2nd test, last match they miss 7 regual keyplayer, much rotation atm, today local rival. They signed 6 new player and want at least 2 more. Matlock save last year on 17place the league for one more season. Alfreton are used as solid midfield-team one class above. They are one step further, its the 5th test tonight, they have signed experiened player and i see more quailty in squad then Matlock. I cant understand these odde, ok, it´s just a friendly, but i will try this clatch.

Re: Pre-season friendlies Swansea: Vorm, Richards, Davies, Amat, Williams, Britton, De Guzman, Shelvey, Dyer, Hernandez, Michu - very decent team out with no youth or trialists. Two of Yeovil's back four are trialists: Seaborne and the left-back Nana Ofori-Twumasi who needs game time - didn't have a single game last season because of injury. The rest of the side is the first team but there is a huge gulf with Swansea's side.

Matlock (Eng) - Alfreton 19/20 (1,95 European) nordicbet 5 / 10 Matlock play in Northern PL (7th league), its 2nd test, last match they miss 7 regual keyplayer, much rotation atm, today local rival. They signed 6 new player and want at least 2 more. Matlock save last year on 17place the league for one more season. Alfreton are used as solid midfield-team one class above. They are one step further, its the 5th test tonight, they have signed experiened player and i see more quailty in squad then Matlock. I cant understand these odde, ok, it´s just a friendly, but i will try this clatch.
I have no idea what side either team is playing, but every chance Alfreton are putting a weak team out if they are that sort of price. Obviously Alfreton are the stronger team on paper, but if they aren't playing their best 11 then their chance is reduced.

Matlock (Eng) - Alfreton 19/20 (1,95 European) nordicbet 5 / 10 Matlock play in Northern PL (7th league), its 2nd test, last match they miss 7 regual keyplayer, much rotation atm, today local rival. They signed 6 new player and want at least 2 more. Matlock save last year on 17place the league for one more season. Alfreton are used as solid midfield-team one class above. They are one step further, its the 5th test tonight, they have signed experiened player and i see more quailty in squad then Matlock. I cant understand these odde, ok, it´s just a friendly, but i will try this clatch.
FT 2:2

Swansea: Vorm, Richards, Davies, Amat, Williams, Britton, De Guzman, Shelvey, Dyer, Hernandez, Michu - very decent team out with no youth or trialists. Two of Yeovil's back four are trialists: Seaborne and the left-back Nana Ofori-Twumasi who needs game time - didn't have a single game last season because of injury. The rest of the side is the first team but there is a huge gulf with Swansea's side.
:spank Good post but wrong thread. Jase will not be happy. http://forum.punterslounge.com/threads/141057-Club-Friendlies-2013

Re: Pre-season friendlies Colchester played spurs first team tonight and drew 0-0, tomorrow they play away at Braintree with what I would presume will be the reserve/youth team?(cant imagine the first team being expected to play two games in less than 24 hours?) Braintree are 13-8 at bet365 which could be value if it is the stiffs that turn out ,team news first before I get involved after fc utd last night!

Re: Pre-season friendlies Good info there. 13/8 still seems pretty short though in my opinion. I would imagine colchester have a first team squad of at least 20 so can still put out a side that is better than Braintree. problem with betting on these games is Bet365 run a 112% book so it is difficult to get value when you are starting from 12% behind. and betfair has almost zero liquidity for these games.

Weirdly enough I can't seem to find any info on Braintree V Colchester. The unders looks appealing to Mr though @ 2.30. Braintree played out a goalless draw with us midweek, prior to that they only beat Southend 2-1 in a tight contest. This is purely their football versus league opposition mind you, but as Colchester played a full strength friendly only last night I'd expect a mix of fringe players today. So I can see them putting up a strong test for Colchester.

Re: Pre-season friendlies Farsley look a decent play at Evs away at Thackley (Bet365, Bwin). Neither side has been particularly spritely in pre-season but the Farsley look decent this season with the likes of Aiden Savory and Lee Ellington joining in the summer. I expect them to be top five in the Northern 1 North. Thackley are an unspectacular Northern Counties East side who lost to Tyersal of the West Riding Amateur League.

Re: Pre-season friendlies Grampus 8 v Arsenal 11:30 am GMT ESPN LIVE...Really altho a sell out, most are wanting arsenal to put up a performance, they have been in good form in the goals sector, and can continue here...G8 are 2/3 rds down the table and being half way thru the season is no fluke..Expect Arsenal to take this with a bit of easy...The safe bet for me...4/6..-1 goal Arsenal.. BET365