** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Sea The Stars - Sons and Daughters on The Road to Greatness

Re: Sea The Stars - Sons and Daughters on The Road to Greatness

Kaminari a bay filly runs at Dundalk in Ireland on the all-weather in the 15.40 on Sunday. Expensive purchase for the Qatar racing costing 280,000 Euros at the yearling sales. 1pt Win @ SP Bet365
Finished 4th of 11 runners at an SP of 8\1 but a long way behind the winner (6 lengths). Should improve for debut run, as most 2yo's do.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Sea The Stars - Sons and Daughters on The Road to Greatness Horses To Follow..... Afternoon Sunlight - RPR 74 on debut Casual Smile - RPR 80 On debut Kaminari - RPR 73 On debut Munjaz - RPR 78 On debut My Titania - RPR 82 On Debut Sea The Skies - Best RPR 79 on latest run in Nursery Stars Over the Sea - Best RPR 85 One Last Chance? Calorie - Best RPR 79 Latest RPR 72 - May give one more chance, 3 runs with form figures of 4-3-3. May Show Improvement on next Run... Anipa - RPR 66 Latest RPR 72 - Improved on 2nd run Need to prove Something.... Psilove You - RPR 54 Juvenile Lead - RPR 56 Not Very Good Placidia - RPR 55 after 2 runs! Been 2 runners in France, Darenjana and Time And Space, but neither look anything special and would place in the Not Very Good Category!

Re: Sea The Stars - Sons and Daughters on The Road to Greatness El Najmm a chestnut colt from dam My Dubai makes his debut at Chepstow over 1m in 14.05 for trainer Roger Varian. Market should reflect if this horse has any chance. 1pt win @ SP SJ Will review breeding if a decent performance but a quick glance does not indicate any good brothers or sisters.

Stars Over The Seas Monday 22nd July - Ayr 14.00 Stars over the Sea 1pt win @ 6/5 Bet365 Blew start last time but ran a respectable race on debut. Third run today and will need to deliver if hoping to justify future potential. Hopefully the 1st winner for this thread. Won at SP of 1\2 by 3 lengths in a 3 horse race. Sporting Life Race Review.... Likely to be stepped up in class and probably be aimed at 7f/1m races in the late summer/Autumn. One to follow.
Makes nursery debut at Newcastle in the 16.00 in a class 2 race over 1m. 1pt win @ 9\4 Bet365

Re: Sea The Stars - Sons and Daughters on The Road to Greatness El Najmm finished 3rd of 10 runners at an SP of 7\1. Never any chance with winner but stayed on nicely to finish just over 2 lengths behind the winner. Will improve for that run as all the Sea The Stars prodigy have and seems to need a mile minimum. Will be worth an interest on next run. Not sure how good the opposition really were and only time will tell on potential but unlikely to be top class. Stars Over The Sea was a comfortable winner of the class 2 nursery at Newcastle at an SP of 9\4. Likely to be stepped up class now but unlikely to be Group 1 class but listed/group 3 should be within his range. Will be one still to follow. Will have RPR's for these in a few days which will give a guide to level of performance.

Re: Sea The Stars - Sons and Daughters on The Road to Greatness Saturday sees the first 2yo Group 1 for fillies in Ireland at the Curragh, the Moyglare Stud Stakes over 7f. 3 daughters of Sea The Stars initially declared...... Calorie Afternoon Sunlight My Titania Of these My Titania will be of big interest if making final declaration. Afternoon Sunlight was to far behind the winner on his debut to be up to Group 1 quality. Calorie unlikely to be good enough and probably will not make final declarations. Will be keeping an eye out during the week for any anti-post markets.

Re: Sea The Stars - Sons and Daughters on The Road to Greatness Sad to report but have just discovered that Juvenile Lead trained by Sir Micheal Stoute, the 1st Sea The Stars child to run has died after breaking a leg on the gallops at the end of June. RIP

Saturday sees the first 2yo Group 1 for fillies in Ireland at the Curragh, the Moyglare Stud Stakes over 7f. 3 daughters of Sea The Stars initially declared...... Calorie Afternoon Sunlight My Titania Of these My Titania will be of big interest if making final declaration. Afternoon Sunlight was to far behind the winner on his debut to be up to Group 1 quality. Calorie unlikely to be good enough and probably will not make final declarations. Will be keeping an eye out during the week for any anti-post markets.
Afternoon Sunlight only one left in and currently available at 25\1 (various firms) but not NRNB. Also holds an entry earlier in the day and more likely to go for that, a fillies maiden over 1m.

Re: Sea The Stars - Sons and Daughters on The Road to Greatness El Najmm (DOB 06/05/11) Chestnut Colt Dam - My Dubai (Sire - Dubai Millennium , Dam - Pastorale) Trainer - Roger Varian Dam My Dubai only raced once when 3rd at Newmarket in a 2yo fillies maiden over 7f. My Dubai has had 4 foals prior to El Najmm..... 1st Foal - Filly Naddwahh - 5 races with 2 wins. Won 1m 1f maiden at Wolverhampton as a 3yo then followed up in class 4 fillies handicap at Leicester over 7f. Only raced once as 2yo finishing 3l 6th at Salisbury. 2nd Foal - Gelding Hajeyrr - Unraced 3rd Foal - Colt Mizwaaj - Godolphin horse with just 2 All-Weather wins over 7f at Lingfield and Kempton. Never raced above class 3 and was an average colt racing mainly at 7f. 4th Foal - Gelding Mishaal - 9 runs to date with just one 2nd and 2 3rds to his name. Races at 7f and current rating of 67. Not particularly good!

Re: Sea The Stars - Sons and Daughters on The Road to Greatness **Bloodstock Details of Sea The Stars Sons and Daughters** - UPDATED Just for reference..... Juvenile Lead - Post 9 - RIP Calorie - Post 12 Stars Over The Sea - Post 15 Afternoon Sunlight - Post 20 Sea The Skies - Post 22 Anipa - Post 30 Munjaz - Post 31 Placidia - Post 41 Casual Smile - Post 52 My Titania - Post 53 El Najmm - Post 69

Re: Sea The Stars - Sons and Daughters on The Road to Greatness Maraayill makes his debut today at Sandown at 15.20 in a class 5 maiden over 7f for trainer Marco Botti. Dam Navajo Moon won 3 races of which 2 were listed but did not race as a 2yo. No bet as backing all on debut has been an unsuccessful venture and will wait and assess debut performance. Available at 7\2 with ladbrokes.

Re: Sea The Stars - Sons and Daughters on The Road to Greatness Round Up Of Runners Since last Thread Maraayil finished 7th on debut earning a RPR of 63. Likely to improve on next run but not a great debut performance. Unlikely to have a any further interest in the horse unless puts in a big improvement on next run. Holds some early entries for big group races but highly unlikely to be good enough for any of these. Anipa had her 3rd run last Saturday and put in another improving performance to finish 2nd when fancied at odds of 10\3. Posted a RPR of 74 which was an improvement on previous run when rated 66. Unlikely to improve much more and likely to be seen next in a Nursery Handicap. Has not shown enough to look group class. Asteroidea made her debut today at Haydock for trainer Pam Sly and finished near the back for 10th at SP of 50\1. Likely to be not very good! Placidia had her 3rd run today at and put in an improved performance to finish 2nd. Likely to be seen next in Nursery handicap or a weak fillies maiden but definately not up to the greatness of her Father. Updated Horses To Follow..... Afternoon Sunlight - RPR 74 on debut Casual Smile - RPR 80 On debut Kaminari - RPR 73 On debut Munjaz - RPR 78 On debut My Titania - RPR 82 On Debut Sea The Skies - Best RPR 79 on latest run in Nursery Stars Over the Sea - Best RPR 89 on latest run in Nursery All other runners have been dismissed as not good enough and although may win races this thread needs to concentrate on finding potential successors to Daddy's greatness and will not monitor progress in great deal unless put in a exceptional performance.

Re: Sea The Stars - Sons and Daughters on The Road to Greatness Of the Horses to follow.... all running Saturday..... 15.00 Ascot - Casual Smile 4 runner class 2 race over a mile against 3 opponents who have all won. Likely to improve from very impressive debut run when 2nd and worth a bet @ 11\4 with Bet365. Winner of debut race was 2nd at kempton on Friday evening. Casual Smile will need a big improvement to be top class. 15.45 Leopardstown - My Titania and Afternoon Sunlight First clash of 2 daughters of Sea The Stars. My Titania was impressive on debut showing good turn of speed to finish 2nd and probably the better filly. Afternoon Sunlight was also good on debut. looked a nice horse and will improve. EW bet. Will back both but look for best price in the morning. 17.00 Haydock - Stars Over The Sea Takes a step up to listed class but capable of success in this 1m race. Worth a bet at 11\4 with PP Going to be an interesting day and the most exciting day so far with 4 horses putting daddy's legacy on the line and will give a good indication of how good these progeny are! Judgement day for these horses and they will either stay on the list to follow or be consigned to the bin! The good news is that the best have yet to make there race course debut!

15.45 Leopardstown - My Titania and Afternoon Sunlight First clash of 2 daughters of Sea The Stars. My Titania was impressive on debut showing good turn of speed to finish 2nd and probably the better filly. Afternoon Sunlight was also good on debut. looked a nice horse and will improve. EW bet.
I'm really interested to see these two later on today. Will be myself at Leopardstown, and both horses could be exciting prospects judging on their debut. The race today will certainly reveal more. On visual performance only, I like My Titania a bit more, but AS looked so impressive in the parade ring at the Curragh on her debut, and she ran a fine race as well, in a good maiden, and was looked after by her jockey - I feel she could be a bit of value at 5/1.

I'm really interested to see these two later on today. Will be myself at Leopardstown' date=' and both horses could be exciting prospects judging on their debut. The race today will certainly reveal more. On visual performance only, I like My Titania a bit more, but AS looked so impressive in the parade ring at the Curragh on her debut, and she ran a fine race as well, in a good maiden, and was looked after by her jockey - I feel she could be a bit of value at 5/1.[/quote'] Will be watching this race! Will be good to hear a report back on how they look during parade and race performance. Have a great day.

Re: Sea The Stars - Sons and Daughters on The Road to Greatness My Titania was very impressive winning the fillies maiden at Leopardstown Saturday afternoon with half-sister Afternoon Sunlight 2nd. My Titania is one worth following and looks very impressive showing good acceleration again from the bend and keeping on strongly all the way to the line. Will surely be stepped up in class and aimed at the female classic route next year. Very excited about this filly and looks a strong contender to maintain Sea The Stars legacy. Afternoon Sunlight looks useful and another improved performance but not as good as My Titania. Likely to win maiden next time out and then be stepped up in class. Looking forward to robertob's report from the meeting today and reports of the day. Stars Over The Sea was disappointing finishing last in a Listed class race at Haydock. Clearly not top class but probably capable of picking up some decent prize money next year. Will not follow any more. Casual Smile was also disappointing finishing 3rd when backed into favorite in a class 2 conditions stake at Ascot. Maybe not top class but will keep on the to follow list at the moment as fillys can be very hit and miss with performances. Debut performance was good and may put in another good performance when the right conditions prevail. The problem is we do not know what the right conditions are for this filly!

Re: Sea The Stars - Sons and Daughters on The Road to Greatness I wouldnt give up on Stars Over The Sea just yet. The stable have a terrible record with 2yo's at Haydock(3-58) in past five year and I think that race will work out well in the end. He also looks the type to well as a 3yo, maybe not top class but wouldn't be surprised to see him improve a stone at least.

Re: Sea The Stars - Sons and Daughters on The Road to Greatness My Titania was impressive yesterday I thought, totally agree. How she can be, we don't know yet, but she looks very decent. It'll be interesting to see her stepping up in class and also trip. A mile should be really perfect, further doesn't look impossible on pedigree, even though there is a good deal of speed on the dam side, STS won the Arc and the dam's sire won over 13f. also what should really be beneficial: My Titania is so laid back! She takes everything in her own stride, completely relaxed, posing for cameras - she really reminds me in terms of attitude of her prominent daddy. Afternoon Sunlight looks also a pretty relaxed type, and think you're spot on, a maiden success is very much on the cards. What else... I don't know. I think the race yesterday wasn't bad, so if she improves, she'll be useful, no doubt. My Titania before the race: zi84.jpg

I wouldnt give up on Stars Over The Sea just yet. The stable have a terrible record with 2yo's at Haydock(3-58) in past five year and I think that race will work out well in the end. He also looks the type to well as a 3yo' date=' maybe not top class but wouldn't be surprised to see him improve a stone at least.[/quote'] Have to agree that looks the type to do well as a 3yo and will probably run in a large number of handicaps and hopefully do well. But the trainer Mark Johnston puts me off following this horse. The trainer often just runs his handicappers week after week and not a big fan of this approach and while it can bring success it is a scatter gun approach. This year he has run Copperwood 27 times, Fennal Bay and Galican both 17 times and Es Que Love 16 times! Not sure that I want to follow a horse that could be put through such a punishing race regime. But thanks for the comment and your time taken to read the thread. Certainly appreciate any comments or input.

My Titania was impressive yesterday I thought, totally agree. How she can be, we don't know yet, but she looks very decent. It'll be interesting to see her stepping up in class and also trip. A mile should be really perfect, further doesn't look impossible on pedigree, even though there is a good deal of speed on the dam side, STS won the Arc and the dam's sire won over 13f. also what should really be beneficial: My Titania is so laid back! She takes everything in her own stride, completely relaxed, posing for cameras - she really reminds me in terms of attitude of her prominent daddy. Afternoon Sunlight looks also a pretty relaxed type, and think you're spot on, a maiden success is very much on the cards. What else... I don't know. I think the race yesterday wasn't bad, so if she improves, she'll be useful, no doubt. My Titania before the race: zi84.jpg
Thanks for taking the time to report back and thanks for the picture. Look forward to both of these horses next run!

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Sea The Stars - Sons and Daughters on The Road to Greatness Just the one runner since last round up with Sweeping Up making her race course debut at Leicester on the 10th September in a class 4 maiden fillies race over 1m for trainer Hughie Morrision. Good debut performance racing prominently and staying on well at the finish to finish 4 lengths behind the winner. RPR of 72 and could be one to consider on next race. No future entries at present. Breeding (Dam - Farfarla) suggest middle distances will suit.

Re: Sea The Stars - Sons and Daughters on The Road to Greatness Saturday sees a clash of 4 sisters at Newmarket in 13.55 in a class 4 maiden race over 1m. Casual Smile has raced twice before and was 2nd on debut when impressing then a slightly dissapointing 3rd on 2nd run. The most likely winner of the these Sea The Stars daughters and clearly sets the standard. Asteroida has raced once when 10th of 12 at Hyadock on debut. Will improve from debut performance but that was so poor that improvement is almost guaranteed. Still unlikely to be good enough to be in with any chance. Newcomer By Jupiter (Dam - Maid of Killeen) probably best watched on debut for trainer Micheal Bell. Could be anything! Newcomer Taghrooda (Dam - Ezima who won 4 listed races at 3yo/4yo) for the John Gosden is of more interest and the betting in the morning should indicate the chances of this horse. Casual Smile will be a confident selection and should easily prove to be better than her sisters and the majority of her rivals with Taghrooda and My Jupiter both best watched on debut. Asteroida unlikely to be any threat and easy to dismiss.

Saturday sees a clash of 4 sisters at Newmarket in 13.55 in a class 4 maiden race over 1m. Casual Smile has raced twice before and was 2nd on debut when impressing then a slightly dissapointing 3rd on 2nd run. The most likely winner of the these Sea The Stars daughters and clearly sets the standard. Asteroida has raced once when 10th of 12 at Hyadock on debut. Will improve from debut performance but that was so poor that improvement is almost guaranteed. Still unlikely to be good enough to be in with any chance. Newcomer By Jupiter (Dam - Maid of Killeen) probably best watched on debut for trainer Micheal Bell. Could be anything! Newcomer Taghrooda (Dam - Ezima who won 4 listed races at 3yo/4yo) for the John Gosden is of more interest and the betting in the morning should indicate the chances of this horse. Casual Smile will be a confident selection and should easily prove to be better than her sisters and the majority of her rivals with Taghrooda and My Jupiter both best watched on debut. Asteroida unlikely to be any threat and easy to dismiss.
Taghrooda won at SP 20\1. Will look at breeding in more detail in the week or before next run but looks a promising filly and goes on the to follow list. Casual Smile was a neck 2nd. Looks as if come up against a very smart filly in Taghrooda but will look at race in more detail later in the week to assess performances. will stay on the to follow list. Asteroida was out the back as expected, one to avoid. By Jupiter was 10th and looked very green but will likely to improve next time out. Will not follow unless puts in a vastly improved performance next time out.

Re: Sea The Stars - Sons and Daughters on The Road to Greatness Updated Horses To Follow..... My Titania - Best RPR 92. Latest RPR 92. Debut RPR 82. 2 runs with 1 win. Very smart looking filly. Stars Over the Sea - Best RPR 90 in Nursery. Latest RPR 86. 5 runs with 2 wins. Last 3 runs have been RPR of 85+. Consistent. Casual Smile - Best RPR 89. Latest RPR 89. Debut RPR - 80. Fantastic breeding by Oaks Winner and looks a smart filly. Afternoon Sunlight - Best RPR 86. Latest RPR 86. Debut RPR 74. 2 runs with a 3rd and 2nd on latest to My Titania. Taghrooda - Debut RPR 85. Looks potentially good! Sea The Skies - Best RPR 79. Latest RPR 79. Debut RPR 68. 3runs with 1 win. The following have put up respectable debut performances and will need to show improvement on next run to be elevated to the top table of potential greatness. Munjaz - RPR 78 On debut El Najmm - RPR 76 on debut Kaminari - RPR 73 On debut Sweeping Up - RPR 72 On Debut All other runners have been dismissed as not good enough and although may win races this thread needs to concentrate on finding potential successors to Daddy's greatness and will not monitor progress in great deal unless put in a exceptional performance.

Re: Sea The Stars - Sons and Daughters on The Road to Greatness Interesting newcomer tomorrow at Newmarket in the 14.00 a 1m class 4 maiden for colts and geldings. Touch The Sky whose Dam is Love Divine, the Oaks winner in 2000 for the late Sir Henry Cecil and makes debut for Lady Cecil and the same owners as Love Divine. Love Divine most successful offspring has been Sixties Icon who won St Ledger in 2006, 4 group 3 races and 8 races in total. Touch The Sky holds a Derby entry and is forecast 2nd favourite in a large field (18 runners Declared) for tomorrow. A race which is worth watching with interest and will probably produce a lot of future winners.

Interesting newcomer tomorrow at Newmarket in the 14.00 a 1m class 4 maiden for colts and geldings. Touch The Sky whose Dam is Love Divine, the Oaks winner in 2000 for the late Sir Henry Cecil and makes debut for Lady Cecil and the same owners as Love Divine. Love Divine most successful offspring has been Sixties Icon who won St Ledger in 2006, 4 group 3 races and 8 races in total. Touch The Sky holds a Derby entry and is forecast 2nd favourite in a large field (18 runners Declared) for tomorrow. A race which is worth watching with interest and will probably produce a lot of future winners.
Nice debut by Touch The Sky to finishing strongly for 4th at SP of 6\1 JF. Started slowly and in the rear for the early part of the race and then getting caught up behind horses up to the 1f marker. Switched left nearer the rail and started to make good progress to finish strongly. Will be worth following on next run. Onto the Horses to follow list.

Re: Sea The Stars - Sons and Daughters on The Road to Greatness One runner today and my BBOTD in the main section. 15.00 Haydock - El Najmm - Win @ 5\2 PP BOG

El Najmm a chestnut colt from dam My Dubai has his 2nd run today in a 1m maiden. Very pleasing debut finishing 3rd of 10 runners and the form of that debut run looks good with the 2 in front winning again next time out. El Najmm never had any chance with the winner but stayed on nicely to finish just over 2 lengths behind the winner. Trainer Roger Varian horses have been running well and he has a good record here at Haydock.
Needs to put in a really good performance today and could be one to follow.

Re: Sea The Stars - Sons and Daughters on The Road to Greatness El Najmm sent of favourite at SP of 2\1 and finished 2nd one length behind the winner. Held up in the rear until starting to make progress from the rear about 1f out. Moved through the field nicely but never able to get close enough to challenge the winner. Looked to stay the mile easily enough and was probably left with to much to do when out the back in the early stages, if ridden closer up would probably have been able to challenge. Will keep on the horses to follow list.

Re: Sea The Stars - Sons and Daughters on The Road to Greatness Exciting day Sunday with 2 runners in Ireland at The Curragh....... 14.10 Kaminari in a big field 7f maiden. Should have an excellent chance on 2nd run. Fellow forumite egg has a great write up in his excellent Maidens thread on the chances of this horse and not a lot I can add to that! Link here....... http://forum.punterslounge.com/threads/142874-Maidens?p=2359272#post2359272 14.40 My Titania in the Group 3 in the Weld Park Stakes who has been really impressive in 2 races so far and won maiden well last time. Has a big chance of gaining first stakes success for the daughters of Sea The Stars. Fellow forumite Robertob took some great pictures of My Titania on Irish Champions day on her last run. Link here for thread.......... http://forum.punterslounge.com/threads/142632-Photos-Irish-Champion-Stakes-Day Both are on my to follow list and both will be backed. My Titania is best priced at 7\4 Bet365 BOG and 2.7 Betfair. Kaminari available on Betfair at 5.3 and looks good value for a place at least but will be having a bet with bookies in the morning when prices become available.

Exciting day Sunday with 2 runners in Ireland at The Curragh....... 14.10 Kaminari in a big field 7f maiden. Should have an excellent chance on 2nd run. Fellow forumite egg has a great write up in his excellent Maidens thread on the chances of this horse and not a lot I can add to that! Link here....... http://forum.punterslounge.com/threads/142874-Maidens?p=2359272#post2359272 14.40 My Titania in the Group 3 in the Weld Park Stakes who has been really impressive in 2 races so far and won maiden well last time. Has a big chance of gaining first stakes success for the daughters of Sea The Stars. Fellow forumite Robertob took some great pictures of My Titania on Irish Champions day on her last run. Link here for thread.......... http://forum.punterslounge.com/threads/142632-Photos-Irish-Champion-Stakes-Day Both are on my to follow list and both will be backed. My Titania is best priced at 7\4 Bet365 BOG and 2.7 Betfair. Kaminari available on Betfair at 5.3 and looks good value for a place at least but will be having a bet with bookies in the morning when prices become available.
My Titania wins the group 3 race and is the first to win at stakes level for Sea The Stars. Backed into a SP of 11\10. Another impressive performance but made to work hard for the victory by the 2nd horse but those 2 where well clear of the third. My Titania sets the standard so far and she is likely to take in the females classic route next year. Exciting times ahead! Kaminari was a disappointing 6th and probably just not good enough. Not one to follow this year but may be of interest next year as a 3yo. Will remove from to follow list until shows some improvement.