Reading v Manchester City > Tue 14th May

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Reading v Manchester City (20:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.57 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Reading v Manchester City > Tue 14th May Reading's performances seem to have improved in the last few games. With City losing the Cup Final and all the speculation about Mancini going, Reading must have a decent chance of getting something in their last home game. In theory, City have more to play for to confirm finishing second, but the speculation over Mancini/Pellegrini could easily over-shadow this, and they'll almost certainly finish above Chelsea even if they lose here. Asian Handicap odds look attractive I think - Reading +1 AH 2.06 BetVictor

Re: Reading v Manchester City > Tue 14th May

I think without Mancini they gonna play better football. City needs to win here to secure Champions League spot. Reading got nothing to play for and beating this Fulham 2:4 to me means nothing. I expect City to win here 0:2.
City don't need a win and their champions league spot is already locked. The only thing they have to fight for is to come second in the league. A draw would do the job for them and they have two games to get the point.

City don't need a win and their champions league spot is already locked. The only thing they have to fight for is to come second in the league. A draw would do the job for them and they have two games to get the point.
And Reading have even less to play for. City's motivation is to rebuild some morale and respect after their shock loss to Wigan, and they could do that with an emphatic win at Reading. Even with this in mind however, there isn't a great deal of motivation for either team to win today so I think it will simply come down to the quality of the players who decide to turn up (figuratively). City have an abundance of quality in their side while Reading have a serious deficit, so even without a real goal to fight for, I can see City taking an easy victory against this defeated Reading team. Lightning rarely strikes twice and I can't see City misfiring twice in a row against weak opposition.

Re: Reading v Manchester City > Tue 14th May There are a bunch of really silly comments in here, even more than usual. First off, Man City have not, NOT been a quality team on away this season...8-6-4 is okay, but it doesn't make them world-beaters. Second, Reading at home were not terrible: 4-8-6 with draws against some decent teams. Third, neither team has anything to play for, but professional athletes have pride, and they're paid to play, so most will turn up when they're out on the field. Fourth, teams do not find motivation in crushing an already-relegated team to "make up for" a crushing defeat in a Cup game that was theirs for the taking. You can't make up for it; it's lost. An athlete's mentality runs in the opposite direction; teams can get down, but there's always another game. The ones that are lost are in the books...if it has any effect, it'll sap Man City, not motivate them. After last week, who cares? Season's over. I'd give the motivation edge to Reading, who have had something prove all season long, and this is their last hurrah for 2012-13. Look back at past years, and you always find the upsets in the last weeks pulled by teams who have already been relegated.

Re: Reading v Manchester City > Tue 14th May As bad as city can possibly be, Reading will just be worse. This is a team that has managed 1 goal in it's last 5 home games. Seriously, that is a joke ! ThisMan City team may just go out and play with some flair and exhibit the talent that has been misused so badly this season. Go and play a 4-4-2 and show off the undoubted skills. Man City winning easily 3-0 which is 10-1 on bet365

Re: Reading v Manchester City > Tue 14th May Just have a feeling they will shrug off the shackles that they have played under Mancini in, and run amok. not betting the house here, just a 1/2 unit small bet

I think without Mancini they gonna play better football. City needs to win here to secure Champions League spot. Reading got nothing to play for and beating this Fulham 2:4 to me means nothing. I expect City to win here 0:2.
FT 0:2 I told you so :p

Reading's performances seem to have improved in the last few games. With City losing the Cup Final and all the speculation about Mancini going, Reading must have a decent chance of getting something in their last home game. In theory, City have more to play for to confirm finishing second, but the speculation over Mancini/Pellegrini could easily over-shadow this, and they'll almost certainly finish above Chelsea even if they lose here. Asian Handicap odds look attractive I think - Reading +1 AH 2.06 BetVictor
Result: Reading 0 Man City 2 From the BBC report, it sounds as though City easily deserved their win, and could easily have scored more. Perhaps it was a mistake to back Reading here, even on the handicap. It sounds as though the gap in class was much too high and perhaps City were motivated a bit by the management changes.