Arsenal v Wigan Athletic > Tue 14th May

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Arsenal v Wigan Athletic (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.36[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]11[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.28 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Arsenal v Wigan Athletic > Tue 14th May After today's (Sunday's) Premier League results, both sides really have to win this game. I looked at overs but the odds are unattractive at around 1.45. Call me stupid, but are Wigan possible value at 10.0 (BetVictor) ?? Arsenal need to win nearly as much as Wigan - if they don't Spurs are likely to nick fourth place.

Re: Arsenal v Wigan Athletic > Tue 14th May

After today's (Sunday's) Premier League results' date=' both sides really have to win this game. I looked at overs but the odds are unattractive at around 1.45. Call me stupid, but are Wigan possible value at 10.0 (BetVictor) ?? [/quote'] After you wrote that Wigan are value against Man City at the cup final, we definitely cannot call you stupid.

Last time these 2 played each other Wigan didn't look like scoring and Arsenal have been very defensive the last 4 games with each game going under. Pretty sure Wigan will be flat for this game and will struggle to create. Unders looks tremendous value but the 2 options I like are: Both teams to score No Arsenal Clean sheet.
The last two games?! The game last spring finished 1:2 for Wigan at Emirates and they obviously looked like scoring a goal. The last game was a December game in Wigan and I don't see what relevance it has to a decisive match in the end of the season where both teams need only victory and nothing else?! Of course Wigan will play defensive against Arsenal in a normal mid-season game, where draw is not a bad score for them. Now a draw automatically relegates them. Of course Arsenal will not attack wildly from the first minute away from home in a normal December game, where a draw still won't be a bad result. Now a draw will mean end to CL dream for Arsenal. I personally see no way that either team will keep a clean sheet here.

How silly of me to think Wigan aren't going to score at the emirates I mean Everton didn't and man united managed only one. Apologies Wigan should score a minimum of 4 here that's why they are so high on the premier league table and add to that the fact that Wigan have scored 1 goal against Man united , man city , Chelsea , Liverpool and arsenal in 9 premier league games whilst conceding 25. "They have to win so they are going to score" Punters will lose with that sort of mentality.

How silly of me to think Wigan aren't going to score at the emirates I mean Everton didn't and man united managed only one. Apologies Wigan should score a minimum of 4 here that's why they are so high on the premier league table and add to that the fact that Wigan have scored 1 goal against Man united ' date=' man city , Chelsea , Liverpool and arsenal in 9 premier league games whilst conceding 25. "They have to win so they are going to score" Punters will lose with that sort of mentality.[/quote'] Take it easy. I would call silly only making heavy judgments based on one game, played at another venue (Wigan), 6 months ago under completely different circumstances. And call it "tremendous value", when it is priced at the enormous 2.0 coefficient. I do think it is much more likely for both teams to score and would be looking at Arsenal clean sheet only at prices of around 2.50-2.60. At 2.0 this is simply poor offer.

Re: Arsenal v Wigan Athletic > Tue 14th May Am I the only one who thinks this one could be an underish match? Wigan did well against a poor City side and they have some momentum now, that's for sure. They know they cannot go to the Emirates and have an open match. arsenal do also less good against poorer sides having problems to score.

Re: Arsenal v Wigan Athletic > Tue 14th May I can see us conceding against Wigan here. Both have so much to play for, neither can defend. O2.5 looks very likely. I would go with Arteta anytime scorer though, as I can see Wigan bringing Theo or doing something stupid as they normally do and Arteta should convert. He also takes the odd free kick. Will do a proper write up on the match day, but there has to be goals in this one guys

Re: Arsenal v Wigan Athletic > Tue 14th May Despite their recent shyness in front of goal, I'm thinking it will be a heavy Arsenal win here - Arsenal have had a 10 day break and will be as fresh as a team can be in May - Add to this that they have been in great, if goal-shy, form - The FA Cup final will have taken a lot out of Wigan - That performance was also a once in a season performance and it is unlikely Wigan will be able to rouse themselves to such levels again tomorrow night - *Perhaps* Post match 'celebrations' may have also taken place on Saturday night leaving the Wigan players even more tired - The Emirates Stadium has very large dimensions and, assuming that Arsenal will have the majority of possession leaving the visitors chasing the ball, Wigan will tire as the game goes on - This leaves them vulnerable to someone like Theo Walcott who is lightning quick and has been in good form So I have gone for Arsenal @ 1/3 Arsenal -1 @ 5/6 Arsenal -2 @ 21/10 Arsenal -1 2nd Half @ 11/5 Walcott to score @ evens Walcott to score 2 @ 4/1 With PP

Am I the only one who thinks this one could be an underish match? Wigan did well against a poor City side and they have some momentum now' date=' that's for sure. They know they cannot go to the Emirates and have an open match. arsenal do also less good against poorer sides having problems to score.[/quote'] It's just one game though. I'm not sure it's enough to judge their momentum on. If they can defend as well as they did against City then they've got a much better chance of winning here than the odds suggest. But the changes in circumstance probably dictate a more open game. They may not want to be open but the very nature of the game means they simply have to win. Wigan didn't need to beat City at the weekend, and played things tight against a very sluggish offensive line. We probably won't see the same sort of sluggishness from Arsenal as they are in need of points too. I think you'd have to be brave to expect an unders game here. Neither side are very solid defensively, Wigan haven't got the greatest of offensive records, but they will fancy their chances against this Arsenal back line.

Re: Arsenal v Wigan Athletic > Tue 14th May Wigan DNB is good here. Arsenal cannot play under pressure, theyre squad has been full of pussies for a few years now and their balls usually disappear on nights like this. Wigan definitely got a chance.

Re: Arsenal v Wigan Athletic > Tue 14th May Our backline has been very good in the second half of the season. Check the stats, plenty of clean-sheets recently, and the second best defensive record in the league overall(behind only City) with 2 less goals conceded than Man United and Chelsea, and 10 less than Spurs. We look far more secure without Vermaelen's kamikaze style driving up the field. I think we'll beat Wigan FWIW, but the price doesnt look too appealing.

I understand what your saying fedar but when looking at matches and statistics I never count cup games because its a different game of football much more attacking. I usually don't bet on the clean sheet market I just think Arsenal is being undersold here and wigans record against the top teams is pathetic. $2.7 for a clean sheet isn't brilliant but definitely worthy of a bet for me. In previous seasons I wouldn't have gone near a bet like this with arsenal but there defence has impressed me in recent weeks.

I understand what your saying fedar but when looking at matches and statistics I never count cup games because its a different game of football much more attacking. I usually don't bet on the clean sheet market I just think Arsenal is being undersold here and wigans record against the top teams is pathetic. $2.7 for a clean sheet isn't brilliant but definitely worthy of a bet for me. In previous seasons I wouldn't have gone near a bet like this with arsenal but there defence has impressed me in recent weeks.
This may not be a cup game in name but it is as close to a cup game as you are going to get in a league match. It's basically a cup final for both teams.

Re: Arsenal v Wigan Athletic > Tue 14th May 4pts Wigan (+1.5AH) to beat Arsenal 1.92 Bet365 It would be a shame for the Premier League if Wigan were to lose this match. Given what is at stake for both sides there will be tons of nerves and tension around and Arsenal haven’t always thrived when that has been the case this season. Everything is on them here. That’s not to say it isn’t on Wigan but even the most ardent Wigan fan will have doubts about whether they can win at the Emirates for a second season running. Roberto Martinez masterminded one amazing win on Saturday and Wigan will be competitive here unless Saturday took too much out of them. Arsenal may well win but the nature of the game and what is at stake makes me think it will be tight so if Arsenal do win I think it will be narrowly. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/arsenal-vs-wigan-betting-wigan-s-league-position-ensures-they-will-be-competitive-at-the-emirates-20130513

Re: Arsenal v Wigan Athletic > Tue 14th May Hey all, I am pretty new here (first post actually) - but my money goes on over 3.5 cards. Mike Dean averages 3.9 cards per game, neither Wigan or Arsenal are that much of a dirty team in the disciplinary tables (50pts and 66pts) but combine that with the importance of the game for both sides and I reckon OVER 3.5 cards is a decent bet. The odds will be low - so it'd need to go in with a couple of others to make a small acca - but that is my bet of the day anyway

Re: Arsenal v Wigan Athletic > Tue 14th May Ronnie Stam (ankle), Jean Beausejour (hamstring) and Maynor Figueroa (groin) are missing for WIgan according to goal.com while Aresnal is at full strength. My concern is that if Wigan receieves an early goal, it will be one direction game. Still odds for Arsenal win even, asian -1 are low cause I suppose it will be quite a nervous game

Ronnie Stam (ankle)' date=' Jean Beausejour (hamstring) and Maynor Figueroa (groin) are missing for WIgan according to goal.com while Aresnal is at full strength. My concern is that if Wigan receieves an early goal, it will be one direction game. Still odds for Arsenal win even, asian -1 are low cause I suppose it will be quite a nervous game[/quote'] Giroud is suspended here. Wilshire has been coming off the bench, so I don't know if he'll play. Today they've said he'll have an operation in the summer, so you wouldn't think he'd be risked. So not quite full strength.

Arsenal can win this 8:0. This is professionals vs amateurs.
This is the worst post I have ever seen. These amateurs just beat Man City in the FA Cup final, and played them off the park.

Re: Arsenal v Wigan Athletic > Tue 14th May any attacking plan from wigan will play right into the hands of arsenal who will pick them off on fast counter attacks. i tried to find ways how wigan can stay in the league maybe with the draw but unfortunately they have some decent quality in their teams but it won't be a match for arsenal. they are doomed to go down

Re: Arsenal v Wigan Athletic > Tue 14th May Looking at the corners market for this one, am waiting for Ladbrokes to hopefully put up their race to 9 corners market. Arsenal have been dominating teams on Corners including Man U. They regularly hit 8-9-10+ and I don't expect Wigan to get more than 4. Alternativly take a Corner handicap although WillHill are on a massive -4 Arsenal to get just over evens. Id prefer the race to 9 if the odds are decent but will wait until the market appears to make up my mind.

Re: Arsenal v Wigan Athletic > Tue 14th May I agree with previous posts, Arsenal always finish strongly - Wigan with hangover from courageous cup win... I see approx Arsenal win 3+goals to 0/1. No value in Arsenal win, correct score maybe 3-0....or over 3.5 goals

Re: Arsenal v Wigan Athletic > Tue 14th May U2.5 @ 2.84 on betfair is not a bad price with Giroud out. Podolski had been awful up front in previous two matches. Both sides like to play the ball on the surface. The weather foecast said it might rain heavily, that would slow down the tempo of the match considerably. I will be backing U1.5 1st half goals @1.78 on betfair. Wigan tend to play quiet first halfs and go mental in second halfs. Only 16% of their away games had at least 2 goals in their first halfs. The same figure is 44% for Arsenal.

Re: Arsenal v Wigan Athletic > Tue 14th May Alot of speculations regarding Wigans team, but because of the injuries and suspended they will more likely play the same team the won the Cup. And why not!? "Never change a winning team", and to play 11 players who just beat at better team then Arsenal seems like a pretty good idea. I am really seeing value in the Under here. Under 3,5 is @1,75(!) I see Wigan laying back and going for the counters as they did against City. And the once saying "this is a nother game." "This is not a cup-final" is talking Bull**** IMO. If anything they are under alot more pressure this game then against City. A game everybody thought they should loose and allready securing the EL place. And who would score for Arsenal!? Podolski!? My god he is rubbish. And Arsenal netting just 3 goals the last four games including a offside goal vs ManU and playing a relegated QPR!? Not impressive... IF Wigan start with the same 11 and formation as against City i am going for the Under here.

Hey all, I am pretty new here (first post actually) - but my money goes on over 3.5 cards. Mike Dean averages 3.9 cards per game, neither Wigan or Arsenal are that much of a dirty team in the disciplinary tables (50pts and 66pts) but combine that with the importance of the game for both sides and I reckon OVER 3.5 cards is a decent bet. The odds will be low - so it'd need to go in with a couple of others to make a small acca - but that is my bet of the day anyway
:welcome to PL. Could you please include bookmaker chosen as well when posting selections :ok Gl with your bet :ok